Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2017, 9:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default 500 Years Ago this Week...

Old 11-01-2017, 10:14 PM

Some more info:
http://adam4d.com/the-truth/
https://www.blueletterbible.org/reso...eformation.cfm
Old 11-01-2017, 11:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety-five_Theses

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Works...ty-five_Theses

SG
Old 11-02-2017, 5:47 AM

In 1450 the printing press was invented. When Luther posted his 95 points of debate, the Two Witnesses that had been killed by Rome came back to life. The New Testament and the Old Testament. The Bible got printed in native languages so that all of the people could have the word of God.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...1&version=NASB
Old 11-02-2017, 5:52 AM

The legacy Luther left is a tragedy.
Old 11-02-2017, 5:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTENG View Post
Yes, but it is still our (Catholics) fault to begin with.
Old 11-02-2017, 7:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead714 View Post
Yes, but it is still our (Catholics) fault to begin with.
Wow, the liberty of Christ brought to so many more and you guys are not for that?

Aren't we supposed to be involved in the building of His kingdom?

Do you guys even know what the great commission is?

Quote:
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Again I ask, if you take your faith seriously,

Who are you discipling?
Who is your mentor?
Are you going out and reaching the lost and making disciples?

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-02-2017, 8:59 AM

Quote:
That Rome would not reform itself is not the Legacy of Luther. Pappy could have said, "Shut it Johan. You're not representing our position accurately. Marty you're right".
Old 11-02-2017, 10:43 AM

I live in a small town in CA. There are at least 30 different churches all claiming to teach the truth. Church splits are the norm because people can't agree on what the truth is. There is no unity. This is one of many tragedies left by the Luther legacy.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:58 AM

Again, the tragedy is Rome's. Not Luther's.

Pope Gregory VII: forbade access of common people to the Bible in 1079, since it would "be so misunderstood by people of limited intelligence as to lead them into error."

Pope Innocent III: compared Bible teaching in church to casting "pearls before swine" (1199).

The Council of Toulouse (France, 1229): suppressed the Albigensians and forbade the laity to read vernacular translations of the Bible.

The Second Council of Tarragon (Spain, 1234) declared, "No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments, and if anyone possesses them he
must turn them over. . . that they may be burned."

In response to the labors of John Wyclif, the English Parliament (under Roman Catholic influence) banned the translation of Scripture into English, unless approved by the church (1408).

The Council of Constance (Germany/ Bohemia, 1415) condemned John Hus and the writings of Wyclif because of their doctrine of Scripture and subsequent teachings. Hus answerd: "If anyone can instruct me by the sacred Scriptures. . . , I am willing to follow him." He was burned at the stake.

Archbishop Berthold of Mainz threatened to excommunicate anyone who translated the Bible (1486).

Pope Pius IV expressed the conviction that Bible reading did the common people more harm than good (1564).

Last edited by RAMCLAP; 11-02-2017 at 12:14 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 6:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I live in a small town in CA. There are at least 30 different churches all claiming to teach the truth. Church splits are the norm because people can't agree on what the truth is. There is no unity. This is one of many tragedies left by the Luther legacy.
Instead of making generalizations, why don't you tell us which Church is not teaching the truth, and what that non truth is? The absolute truth is contained in Gods words, and this would be how one would measure the truth, isn't it?

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-03-2017, 5:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
There was no unity shortly after Christ was crucified, Paul speaks of this. That said Luther was a great man. Not to Catholic bash but if all their were were Catholic churches I most certainly would not be a Christian. What he did was was huge and I believe in search of God's heart. Luther was a great man.