Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-23-2012, 8:47 PM

Come on guys!! Lets do this!!
Old 09-23-2012, 8:53 PM

Doubled my pledge to $100.

- Brian
Old 09-23-2012, 9:40 PM
Veteran Member

Just pledged $50, I hope this reaches its goal.

also this needs to be spread around the forums more i had no idea about it and just stumbled upon it by accident right now.

Zombie Stickers For Sale

ClassifiedWeapons.com

Looking for a particular parts kit? Check out our parts kit locator that is automatically updated every 6 hours. Now you can see parts kits being offered by multiple websites in one location. Just select the parts kit button on the right of the home page to begin looking.
-------
Home Builds- 1919a4, Sten Mk3, Romy G Ak-47, PSL Pistol,Romanian RPK
Old 09-23-2012, 10:00 PM

Thanks guys ^^^^

I hear what you're saying, there is only so much the board can do, so we each need to reach out to our friends (here, Facebook, Twitter, email) and let them know about this film and its cause.

FYI, I just got contacted by someone who's story will send shivers down your back - this film may have just gotten some serious legs (major film worthy release stuff - on top of what we had). Early days, but I hope to share more in the coming week - verification and legal stuff must take place first.

Please push your friends and ask them to match your pledge - we can change this campaign in 24-hours if you're successful in getting them to join all of us.

Grateful and sincere -

Kris
Old 09-23-2012, 10:03 PM

Pledged!

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/

#unBEARables
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 PM

Great trailer...when I am able to, I will donate.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:49 PM

Man my fingers are tired. Asked for retweets and for people to check out the kickstarter who follow me and who I follow. Some with lots and lots of followers. Hopefully I get some good re-tweets out there! Some people probably won't even get to my tweet. But Aim for the roof, land on your ***. Aim for the moon land on the roof!

Last edited by BigRobb; 09-24-2012 at 12:04 AM..
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forall View Post
Great trailer...when I am able to, I will donate.
Your pledge won't be charged until the end of the campaign on Oct 5th.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRobb View Post
Man my fingers are tired. Asked for retweets and for people to check out the kickstarter who follow me and who I follow. Some with lots and lots of followers. Hopefully I get some good re-tweets out there! Some people probably won't even get to my tweet. But Aim for the roof, land on your ***. Aim for the moon and on the roof!
Thanks!
Old 09-24-2012, 5:05 AM

Kris, will the printable flyer be ready soon? I am out of ways to promote digitally and want to do more to help promote. Also, I know of a local story that may be of interest. What is the best way to forward info on situations you may want to put in the film. If you even have time for additional stories. I am sure there is no shortage here in CA.
Thanks, Noah

For 15 things YOU CAN DO to improve our 2nd A RKBA so we can: pass "Shall Issue" Right-to-Carry; repeal the CA AWB; and pass a CA con. RKBA amendment, go to: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...416#post842416

CA-NRA: http://www.calnra.com/
Old 09-24-2012, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready_eSeVe View Post
Flyers you say?
Interstellar posted this: Assualted Kickstarter Flyer in another thread for our FFL's here:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=617574
Follow the link above for the flyer.

Thanks,
Kris
Old 09-24-2012, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Kris, will the printable flyer be ready soon? I am out of ways to promote digitally and want to do more to help promote. Also, I know of a local story that may be of interest. What is the best way to forward info on situations you may want to put in the film. If you even have time for additional stories. I am sure there is no shortage here in CA.
Thanks, Noah
Noah,

You can send me an email at kris@deadpatriotfilms.com

Kris
Old 09-24-2012, 9:02 AM

Our 300th donor just pledged $1,000!
Old 09-24-2012, 9:19 AM

I'm a noob, just noticed this and kicked in what I can at the moment. Shared on FB as well, don't do twitter though. Hope this get's funded!
Old 09-24-2012, 9:54 AM

^^ Thanks and welcome to the forum.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 AM

Awesome! Keep getting the word out guys!
Old 09-24-2012, 5:25 PM

Here is my interview on Talking Guns with Kate Krueger yesterday - I'm on starting at min 18.

http://katekruegertalkingguns.com/ta...9232012_H1.mp3
Old 09-24-2012, 5:59 PM

Just finished listening to the interview. Initial phone issues aside, great great interview.

Just some constructive criticism from the kickstarter page. I am not sure if this is possible. But I think you should add links to your interviews that are easily accessible to a potential donor.

That way, a donor can hear in your own words along with reading why this film is so important.
Old 09-24-2012, 6:29 PM

Here's a link to download yesterday's The Freedom and Firearms Radio yesterday - featuring Assaulted.

http://www.knzr.com/getpodcast.aspx?...40/5093993.mp3

Last edited by interstellar; 09-24-2012 at 6:39 PM..
Old 09-24-2012, 7:21 PM

I've seen this posted on facebook a few times by some of the gun organizations I "liked". Will be donating soon.
Old 09-24-2012, 8:15 PM

^ Your pledge only gets charge to your credit card if we reach our goal on Oct 4th. Pledge early to help us keep our momentum up.

Thanks,
Kris

Last edited by interstellar; 09-24-2012 at 9:53 PM..
Old 09-25-2012, 8:50 AM

Kickstarter Project Update #4: T minus 9

We're at the bottom of the seventh and it's not looking good for us, but this is America and we never give up. I still believe we can reach our goal by Oct 5th. Why? We each know three friends that can join this campaign. We just need our friends to match our pledges to reach the target.

Please email, Facebook and tweet this project (http://kck.st/OllEYn) to everyone you know. Let them know why this is important to you and why getting this film made should be important to them. Remember, if each of us bring three of our buddies to this campaign, we'll easily round the bases and launch this film.

Thank you,
Kris

Visit our Facebook page for daily updates, hear recent radio interviews about the project and follow us as we go down to the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Orlando this weekend - thanks to a generous donor. We also Twitter
Old 09-25-2012, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellar View Post
Kickstarter Project Update #4: T minus 9

We're at the bottom of the seventh and it's not looking good for us, but this is America and we never give up. I still believe we can reach our goal by Oct 5th. Why? We each know three friends that can join this campaign. We just need our friends to match our pledges to reach the target.

Please email, Facebook and tweet this project (http://kck.st/OllEYn) to everyone you know. Let them know why this is important to you and why getting this film made should be important to them. Remember, if each of us bring three of our buddies to this campaign, we'll easily round the bases and launch this film.

Thank you,
Kris
Visit our Facebook page for daily updates, hear recent radio interviews about the project and follow us as we go down to the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Orlando this weekend - thanks to a generous donor. We also Twitter
Kris - Is there an over/under to this campaign? e.g. a minimum you'll still do it for? I imagine you could still put together a wicked film for $30K?
Old 09-25-2012, 9:39 AM
Veteran Member

I'm more than a little surprised that this effort has hit a bit of a plateau. The generosity of those who have contributed is amazing, but I expected a lot more folks to jump in. We always complain about negative media, and rightly so. Here is our chance to present these issues and facts on our own terms.

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit
Old 09-25-2012, 10:00 AM

Contribution doubled and posted on Facebook again. Too bad you can't keep this running on Kickstarted longer. I'm sure it will reach the goal once the word gets out.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM

Just upped my pledge to the next level.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 AM

I'm in for $75

NRA Benefactor
CRPA Life Member
GOA Member
Old 09-25-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro Pistolero View Post
I'm more than a little surprised that this effort has hit a bit of a plateau. The generosity of those who have contributed is amazing, but I expected a lot more folks to jump in. We always complain about negative media, and rightly so. Here is our chance to present these issues and facts on our own terms.
I am surprised and I am not. I just feel there needs to be more to get the word out. With a grassroots move like this, it needs to happen like the StopSB249 movement did. Aggressive and some footwork. I feel Kris is doing his best, and others are too. Just needs to get on a more mainstream coverage I feel. But commercials are quite expensive. Just this isn't about a pending bill...so I feel that some of that same fire might not be there. Which is sad, because this can end up doing more good in the long run.

Anyone's thoughts?

What I've done:
-Donated $75 (tight budget, originally $25)
-Twitter retweets
-Twitter messages to other people I follow and who follow me (some have many followers)
-Printed Flyers (not gone out yet) for a few LGS and my favorite range

I haven't done facebook, cuz I generally don't do facebook. I only have my brother, a few friends, and my late father on there. And they already know about it haha
Old 09-25-2012, 1:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tiger View Post
I'm in for $75
Awesome!

I think if more people really understood how rich an opportunity this is for our cause, we would have already met the goal in multiples.

Among the ways available to us to influence popular opinion, this one is unique. It absolutely has to get made. Presenting this material in a format that's mainstream, created at the highest level of production value, and in a credible, factual manner that's acceptable to PBS affiliates has a very promising chance of influencing popular opinion on the second amendment.

Possibly the only better way to change hearts and minds, that simply isn't going to happen for many people, is actually getting firearms in the hands of a complete novices in a controlled, positive, instructive environment.

Once people get a taste of this freedom i.e. autonomy in their own personal security, they won't let it go easily. There is something almost primordial that just clicks when a person imagines for the first time that they absolutely can have control over their personal safety.

A well-made documentary can use creativity, emotion and the imagination of the viewer to provide a close facsimile of this perspective-altering experience.

Please forward this thread to a few people today. Sometimes all it takes is asking . . . a call to action, if you will.

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit

Last edited by Maestro Pistolero; 09-25-2012 at 1:02 PM..
Old 09-25-2012, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whack View Post
Kris - Is there an over/under to this campaign? e.g. a minimum you'll still do it for? I imagine you could still put together a wicked film for $30K?
My last PBS Special had a budget of $1M, so this is already a shoestring budget. The Kickstarter represents 1/2 of the total budget we need for this film.

Last edited by interstellar; 09-25-2012 at 1:09 PM..
Old 09-25-2012, 2:09 PM

Pledged here as well. Best of luck, I'll try to spread the message
Old 09-25-2012, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellar View Post
My last PBS Special had a budget of $1M, so this is already a shoestring budget. The Kickstarter represents 1/2 of the total budget we need for this film.
I'm just curious if there is a lower no-go limit. I'm confident that we'll see your project get more funding before the clock ticks off, but if it doesn't fully fund, I'd still like to see a major talent like you produce a product that frames this plight.
Old 09-25-2012, 4:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

In for a $100 pledge. Sorry I'm late to the party, I've been meaning to do this for a while. I hope you make your goal!
Old 09-25-2012, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whack View Post
I'm just curious if there is a lower no-go limit. I'm confident that we'll see your project get more funding before the clock ticks off, but if it doesn't fully fund, I'd still like to see a major talent like you produce a product that frames this plight.
I want to make this film and am doing everything I can to see that it does. If we don't reach the goal (fixed-100% or nothing) we'll lose a month and have to start another campaign, but I truly believe we can avoid that if we can all spread word.
Old 09-25-2012, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSJW View Post
In for a $100 pledge. Sorry I'm late to the party, I've been meaning to do this for a while. I hope you make your goal!
Thanks for the support!
Old 09-25-2012, 9:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Pledged $100 - and sent to all my shooting buddies. Sincerely hopes this gets more of an influx in the final week or so. Keep fighting the good fight!
Old 09-25-2012, 9:31 PM

^^ Thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 9:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

We are putting this out in our store!

This movie needs to be made!

Darin Prince

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1&postcount=81

www.bulletbutton.com
Old 09-26-2012, 8:48 AM

^^ Thanks Darin. How can we rally the other FFLs in CA to join this cause?
Old 09-26-2012, 8:55 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I just doubled down (again). Thanks for your hard work.