Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 11-13-2018, 9:42 AM
ptalar ptalar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
We will buy ammo and parts out of state, oh wait, we already do.
Yep. Parts being banned means you can't fix your gun. I am not going to get a license to buy a spring or roll pin. Or go to an FFL who will rip you off. The best bet is to move out of state, if you can.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:28 AM
onelonehorseman's Avatar
onelonehorseman onelonehorseman is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southern Liberalandia
Posts: 4,408
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
It was glaringly obvious.

Newsome will command the DOJ send letters to every registered AW owner to turn them in first. No confiscation, just penalties like suspending your drivers license or taking your tax return, just like they do to collect back child support. Easy peasy. Regular law abiding gun owners will have a lot to lose with disobedience. Maybe later, command the local LEOs to start door knocking, most likely in the big cities where it is culturally acceptable and the majority hate gun owners.
That would still be taking without compensation. I can see that being the basis for an injunction after CRPA, or NRA, files suit.

Further, the state would have to prove that said AW is actually still in CA in order to impose penalties.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:32 AM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 10,802
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelonehorseman View Post
That would still be taking without compensation. I can see that being the basis for an injunction after CRPA, or NRA, files suit.

Further, the state would have to prove that said AW is actually still in CA in order to impose penalties.
Long ago I received 2 letters from DOJ as to the "illegality" of a couple of SKS rifles I had. I ignored them. No more letters and no confiscation.
__________________
Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-13-2018, 11:06 AM
SAD338 SAD338 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 349
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Per bullet tax. All funds go to the bullet train, just to rub it in.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:27 PM
blind guardian blind guardian is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 75
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

and then thereís this: HR 7115
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-in-the-works/
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 11-14-2018, 10:25 AM
bobbodaggit bobbodaggit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Roseville
Posts: 259
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Talk about going from bad to worst......Democrats Gain Veto-Proof Majority in California Legislature
Democrats win two Senate seats in California's Central Valley, gain veto-proof supermajorities in state Legislature.
Newsom wouldn't veto any gun stuff anyway. Majority gives us the same results as a supermajority now. Newsom will just hold more press conferences.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-14-2018, 11:30 AM
oddball oddball is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In A Much Better Place
Posts: 1,158
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Supermajority is extremely important, don't make the mistake of downplaying it.

The legislature needs a 2/3 majority to pass any type of tax bill, either new taxes or increase on the existing ones. State Republicans already had a platform of no new taxes. A simple majority would not get a tax bill to the governor's desk. The supermajority basically gives Dems a clear path for these bills. And if for some crazy reason Newsom vetoes a bill, a supermajority can override the veto. In regards to firearms, look for creative tax bills on firearms/ammo.
__________________
_______________


"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-14-2018, 8:52 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 18,519
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Supermajority is extremely important, don't make the mistake of downplaying it.

The legislature needs a 2/3 majority to pass any type of tax bill, either new taxes or increase on the existing ones. State Republicans already had a platform of no new taxes. A simple majority would not get a tax bill to the governor's desk. The supermajority basically gives Dems a clear path for these bills. And if for some crazy reason Newsom vetoes a bill, a supermajority can override the veto. In regards to firearms, look for creative tax bills on firearms/ammo.
The Democrats have a supermajority thanks to the last election. Expect everything you listed and more to pass with ZERO input from Republicans as it's not even needed. Even stuff we can't even think of will be revealed when those a**hats come back into session.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Portcullis's Avatar
Portcullis Portcullis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 273
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default Careful of the Red Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Who wants to bet he's talking about SB374 and expanding gun violence restraining orders?

Trick question: He's referring to all anti-gun bills Moonbeam vetoed
Read this/ expand awareness and until you've planned your escape:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ce-and-control
__________________
PC
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 11-14-2018, 11:48 PM
Supersapper Supersapper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 682
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
The Democrats have a supermajority thanks to the last election. Expect everything you listed and more to pass with ZERO input from Republicans as it's not even needed. Even stuff we can't even think of will be revealed when those a**hats come back into session.
According to my assemblyman (who is a conservative...one of the few) the state assembly had the supramajority already. It's how the "gunmageddon" laws got out of committee and up for vote in the first place. Now they have extra votes in case one or more of them decide to "vote differently".

Here we go...
__________________
Since you see light before you hear sound, is that why so many people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 11-15-2018, 12:24 AM
comifornia:('s Avatar
comifornia:( comifornia:( is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Clara CA but looking at AZ
Posts: 1,418
iTrader: 58 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummykid View Post



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New age nazis
__________________
Universal AK 47 thumb grips for featureless AK's available now>
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...1438801&page=2
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1421057
website> https://akthumbgrips.com/
AK47, AK74 , Milled Sam7 , Yugo AK , Galil arm & Sling loop version
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 11-15-2018, 6:42 AM
oddball oddball is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In A Much Better Place
Posts: 1,158
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

^^^^^^^^^^^

I always assumed that knowledgable 2A gun people were helping the commies in Sacramento with their gun control agenda. You know, leftist Democrat gun owners; CG members knows what they're like and how they think.
__________________
_______________


"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 11-15-2018, 6:51 AM
champu's Avatar
champu champu is offline
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Redondo Beach
Posts: 775
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind guardian View Post
That oneís a doozy. Stringing the definitions together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr7115
To prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of... ...any part or combination of parts designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a... ...semiautomatic rifle or semiautomatic shotgun that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device... ...or a semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device and (at least one feature)
So... prohibits the sale of all semi-auto parts.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-15-2018, 8:05 PM
Supersapper Supersapper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 682
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

This would not go well for anyone. No matter how much I try to see positivity in all of this nonsensical law passing, there is none and I only see an underground, Prohibition-style market for firearms and parts. I know he can NOT outright ban guns, even SCOTUS would have to deal with that, despite their meandering to the contrary, but I just will never understand their reticence to allowing solid, law abiding gun ownership.

I hope this dies in committee. I voted the right way, I volunteer with a gun rights organization, I mentor new shooters, etc...I just do not know what more to do.
__________________
Since you see light before you hear sound, is that why so many people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.

Last edited by Supersapper; 11-15-2018 at 8:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 11-15-2018, 10:58 PM
cajay cajay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 191
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I think they will slowly inconvenience us to death, start by reducing the max allowed 10 rd mags to 7 rds max, like N.Y. This would render all our mags useless and cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars to switch over. Then.. 5 rds, then single shot... then......
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-16-2018, 6:35 AM
ptalar ptalar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajay View Post
I think they will slowly inconvenience us to death, start by reducing the max allowed 10 rd mags to 7 rds max, like N.Y. This would render all our mags useless and cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars to switch over. Then.. 5 rds, then single shot... then......
Its called the death of a thousand cuts. It has been going on for some time in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. One cut at a time, not a big deal, but over time as they mount up, it means death.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-16-2018, 8:59 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,517
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Unless Gavin seals the California borders everything you need and want can still come in here.

And it will.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Ford8N's Avatar
Ford8N Ford8N is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern Rhovanion
Posts: 6,074
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Unless Gavin seals the California borders everything you need and want can still come in here.

And it will.
Infrastructure is already in place and system is ready to be adapted.

Plus, the majority fully supports it and is ready to rat out their neighbor.

Iím curious who will obey and enforce Gavinís new laws?
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 11-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Supersapper Supersapper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 682
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
Infrastructure is already in place and system is ready to be adapted.

Plus, the majority fully supports it and is ready to rat out their neighbor.

I’m curious who will obey and enforce Gavin’s new laws?
Sadly...the answer is:

Any officer that wants to keep his job and feed his family in California. They already have state employees scared to assist immigration agents if that came down to it because of new laws prohibiting interaction in support of immigration policies, even though such is illegal.

They will try to seal the borders, violate federal interstate commerce laws, and remove the "124" problem, as I call it.

124 = 1st, 2nd, 4th Amendments.

These fools in legislature do not read history and do not understand it. Prohibition failed, the Nazis failed, Communism and Socialism are failing. The list goes on. One needs look no farther than Venezuela for the end result for California. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because the economy is so large, but the caravans are on their way.

As for the US in general...if we don't change something soon, there is, as they say...a storm coming. This uncontrolled leftist agenda just can't stand. There comes a point when you run out of other people's money to give away, and the resources don't hold up. There was a point in history in the past when two ideologies tried to get along, but failed. They tried to find common ground economically and politically, but couldn't. When brother rose against brother and father against son. Neighbor against neighbor. It cost the United States 300,000 people. All Americans.

It was called the Civil War. Only this time, I don't think the ending will be as civil as what happened at Appomattox.
__________________
Since you see light before you hear sound, is that why so many people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.

Last edited by Supersapper; 11-16-2018 at 11:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 11-16-2018, 9:31 PM
GregW948 GregW948 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 64
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersapper View Post
Sadly...the answer is:

Any officer that wants to keep his job and feed his family in California. They already have state employees scared to assist immigration agents if that came down to it because of new laws prohibiting interaction in support of immigration policies, even though such is illegal.

They will try to seal the borders, violate federal interstate commerce laws, and remove the "124" problem, as I call it.

124 = 1st, 2nd, 4th Amendments.

These fools in legislature do not read history and do not understand it. Prohibition failed, the Nazis failed, Communism and Socialism are failing. The list goes on. One needs look no farther than Venezuela for the end result for California. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because the economy is so large, but the caravans are on their way.

As for the US in general...if we don't change something soon, there is, as they say...a storm coming. This uncontrolled leftist agenda just can't stand. There comes a point when you run out of other people's money to give away, and the resources don't hold up. There was a point in history in the past when two ideologies tried to get along, but failed. They tried to find common ground economically and politically, but couldn't. When brother rose against brother and father against son. Neighbor against neighbor. It cost the United States 300,000 people. All Americans.

It was called the Civil War. Only this time, I don't think the ending will be as civil as what happened at Appomattox.
there are plenty of back slapping rock and roll wanna kick azz and take names types in law enforcement that will VOLUNTEER to come take your guns.. make no fkking mistake about it... get that crap out of your guys head that some how LEOS will 'come to their senses and not enforce' they fkking gotdamn will... and they will love doing it...
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 11-17-2018, 12:36 AM
Supersapper Supersapper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 682
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW948 View Post
there are plenty of back slapping rock and roll wanna kick azz and take names types in law enforcement that will VOLUNTEER to come take your guns.. make no fkking mistake about it... get that crap out of your guys head that some how LEOS will 'come to their senses and not enforce' they fkking gotdamn will... and they will love doing it...
That is exactly what i said in the body of text to my response. Any officer that wants to keep his job will do the bidding of the state.

That said, I know a lot of cops who will not do it, but they are taking chances with their jobs. Some of them have other sources of income, so it isn't a huge pain for them, but the others will have to sacrifice if they want to keep their integrity. That's the way it always has been everywhere integrity stands before expedience.

If a person has no integrity, then I have no use for them and neither should society. Our country was founded on the freedoms that were given to us on the backs of those who sacrificed for that freedom, many of whom died for it. Integrity is not always about the rock hard truth. There are those who lied to protect Jews during WW2. They hold my utmost respect, even though they had to be consummate liars to protect lives and freedoms. Oskar Schindler was perhaps the greatest of these. If you do not know what he did, look it up. He is considered by the Jews to be "Righteous Among the Nations" and a tree is planted for him on the Avenue of the Righteous. THAT is the courage of one's convictions. A Nazi revered by the Jewish nation. How's that for the courage of one man?

A cop is sworn to uphold the law. The LEGITIMATE law, not the fantasies of the left, whose desire is to subjugate. History is replete with those who ignored what was right, allowing suffering and misery to continue because the state said it was ok to do this or that.

I do not suffer cowardice like that well and neither should others. It's what has led to some of the worst suffering in history.
__________________
Since you see light before you hear sound, is that why so many people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.

Last edited by Supersapper; 11-17-2018 at 12:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-17-2018, 8:29 AM
GregW948 GregW948 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 64
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersapper View Post
That is exactly what i said in the body of text to my response. Any officer that wants to keep his job will do the bidding of the state.

That said, I know a lot of cops who will not do it, but they are taking chances with their jobs. Some of them have other sources of income, so it isn't a huge pain for them, but the others will have to sacrifice if they want to keep their integrity. That's the way it always has been everywhere integrity stands before expedience.

If a person has no integrity, then I have no use for them and neither should society. Our country was founded on the freedoms that were given to us on the backs of those who sacrificed for that freedom, many of whom died for it. Integrity is not always about the rock hard truth. There are those who lied to protect Jews during WW2. They hold my utmost respect, even though they had to be consummate liars to protect lives and freedoms. Oskar Schindler was perhaps the greatest of these. If you do not know what he did, look it up. He is considered by the Jews to be "Righteous Among the Nations" and a tree is planted for him on the Avenue of the Righteous. THAT is the courage of one's convictions. A Nazi revered by the Jewish nation. How's that for the courage of one man?

A cop is sworn to uphold the law. The LEGITIMATE law, not the fantasies of the left, whose desire is to subjugate. History is replete with those who ignored what was right, allowing suffering and misery to continue because the state said it was ok to do this or that.

I do not suffer cowardice like that well and neither should others. It's what has led to some of the worst suffering in history.
also think of it this way.... in CA, who are half of the police force in all levels?.. and its getting this way even in the feds.....answer --> non-whites and pony tails... we will be deemed 'crazy racist domestic terrorist' and these LEO types will froth at the mouth to pull the triggers killing us if we stand by the 2nd Am.. LEOS are not your friend on this... prepare accordingly..
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-17-2018, 9:05 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,517
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Lots of chicken littles here. The Gav cannot seal the California border. He doesn't have the authority nor resources (cash) to do any of those things. The most he can hope for are cell-phone gun laws, on the books but everyone ignores them, cops included.

There are limits to what even a communist governor can do. Elimination of firearms didn't work in Europe, it didn't work in Oz and it surely won't work here.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-17-2018, 10:52 AM
ptalar ptalar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Lots of chicken littles here. The Gav cannot seal the California border. He doesn't have the authority nor resources (cash) to do any of those things. The most he can hope for are cell-phone gun laws, on the books but everyone ignores them, cops included.

There are limits to what even a communist governor can do. Elimination of firearms didn't work in Europe, it didn't work in Oz and it surely won't work here.
Have you seen the 15 Fwy Southbound at Stateline? They could easily seal the border there. Major link with SoCal.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-17-2018, 5:24 PM
Supersapper Supersapper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 682
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Lots of chicken littles here. The Gav cannot seal the California border. He doesn't have the authority nor resources (cash) to do any of those things. The most he can hope for are cell-phone gun laws, on the books but everyone ignores them, cops included.

There are limits to what even a communist governor can do. Elimination of firearms didn't work in Europe, it didn't work in Oz and it surely won't work here.
He doesn't have to "seal" it. It is a documented fact that they send CalDOJ agents to gunshows in neighboring states looking for California plates at the gunshows.

The Ag station on the 15 back from Vegas would be a simple method to catch it all up.

They can pass gun laws that are unconstitutional, potentially violate the 4th Amendment in the process, pass laws forbidding law enforcement from cooperating with Federal Agents, call any city a "sanctuary city" with everything that goes with it, ammunition restrictions on an unprecedented scale, etc.

It's happening and he's doing it. What's now worse...he's doing it almost with impunity. Until SCOTUS starts taking 2A cases, he will continue to foist the illegal stuff on us.
__________________
Since you see light before you hear sound, is that why so many people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.

Last edited by Supersapper; 11-17-2018 at 5:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-17-2018, 6:22 PM
ptalar ptalar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersapper View Post
He doesn't have to "seal" it. It is a documented fact that they send CalDOJ agents to gunshows in neighboring states looking for California plates at the gunshows.

The Ag station on the 15 back from Vegas would be a simple method to catch it all up.

They can pass gun laws that are unconstitutional, potentially violate the 4th Amendment in the process, pass laws forbidding law enforcement from cooperating with Federal Agents, call any city a "sanctuary city" with everything that goes with it, ammunition restrictions on an unprecedented scale, etc.

It's happening and he's doing it. What's now worse...he's doing it almost with impunity. Until SCOTUS starts taking 2A cases, he will continue to foist the illegal stuff on us.
The Ag station is gone. It has moved, if you want to call it that, a couple of miles South of Stateline. And it is not called an Ag station. You can read whatever you want into that. To me, it is not good.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-17-2018, 6:30 PM
Supersapper Supersapper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 682
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptalar View Post
The Ag station is gone. It has moved, if you want to call it that, a couple of miles South of Stateline. And it is not called an Ag station. You can read whatever you want into that. To me, it is not good.
Did not know that. If by "Stateline" you mean the actual CA/NV border, that is indeed disturbing and I agree. NOT a good sign.
__________________
Since you see light before you hear sound, is that why so many people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-17-2018, 6:37 PM
ptalar ptalar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersapper View Post
Did not know that. If by "Stateline" you mean the actual CA/NV border, that is indeed disturbing and I agree. NOT a good sign.
Yep, just a couple of miles from the border. You can see stateline from the inspection station and vica versa.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-17-2018, 6:42 PM
Ford8N's Avatar
Ford8N Ford8N is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern Rhovanion
Posts: 6,074
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptalar View Post
Yep, just a couple of miles from the border. You can see stateline from the inspection station and vica versa.
They will start asking about ammo. Itís coming.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-17-2018, 6:53 PM
ptalar ptalar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
They will start asking about ammo. Itís coming.
Conveniently, they built a new California Highway Patrol Station with it. You get caught with the goods at the inspection station the CHP's will bend you over in their station then send you to Becerra for processing and on to Folsom with a felony conviction.
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 11-17-2018, 6:57 PM
Dan_Eastvale's Avatar
Dan_Eastvale Dan_Eastvale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,323
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It is still an AG station. The Yermo station will close. Never understood that one. Too far from the border. Old Route 66 I guess.
https://ticketbusters.com/california...on-station-15/
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 11-17-2018, 7:04 PM
ptalar ptalar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
It is still an AG station. The Yermo station will close. Never understood that one. Too far from the border. Old Route 66 I guess.
https://ticketbusters.com/california...on-station-15/
The new so called Ag station has been up and running for some time along with the new CHP station. The Yermo station has been torn down. Gone. Like it never existed.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 11-17-2018, 8:18 PM
Dan_Eastvale's Avatar
Dan_Eastvale Dan_Eastvale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,323
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptalar View Post
The new so called Ag station has been up and running for some time along with the new CHP station. The Yermo station has been torn down. Gone. Like it never existed.
Still. Business as usual . AG isn't ammo. Never was at Yermo. Never will be.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 11-17-2018, 8:21 PM
ptalar ptalar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
Still. Business as usual . AG isn't ammo. Never was at Yermo. Never will be.
Let's hope so.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 11-18-2018, 8:24 AM
ulmapache's Avatar
ulmapache ulmapache is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 115
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The new station at stateline is called a "super-coop" by us truckers...AG functions are also performed there...as well as having a radiation detection device, x-ray equipment and other intrusive techs. Real simple to route all traffic thru the station and have explosive sniffing doggers alert the officers....
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 11-18-2018, 8:41 AM
Ford8N's Avatar
Ford8N Ford8N is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern Rhovanion
Posts: 6,074
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulmapache View Post
The new station at stateline is called a "super-coop" by us truckers...AG functions are also performed there...as well as having a radiation detection device, x-ray equipment and other intrusive techs. Real simple to route all traffic thru the station and have explosive sniffing doggers alert the officers....
Like I said, infrastructure is in place, very simple to add ammo, firearms and magazines. Just need the ďordersĒ from Sacramento.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 11-18-2018, 9:52 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,517
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Gavin better convince Trump to build the wall along the CA border to Nevada.

I can cross into Nevada with my Jeep anytime I want. No inspectors, just lizards. With AZ all you need is a raft. There is far too much traffic entering the state to ever stop everyone and search them, warrants included.

Here in Carlsbad we now have license plate readers connected to a computer database that ID's wanted vehicles. It is effective because we paid for it here. California doesn't have the $ for that nor the enforcement manpower to follow up. They can't even clear the brush nor incarcerate criminal illegal aliens, there is no prison space for us and simple gun violations.

All they have left to contain us is fear. Seems that's working better than expected here.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:48 AM
GregW948 GregW948 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 64
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Gavin better convince Trump to build the wall along the CA border to Nevada.

I can cross into Nevada with my Jeep anytime I want. No inspectors, just lizards. With AZ all you need is a raft. There is far too much traffic entering the state to ever stop everyone and search them, warrants included.

Here in Carlsbad we now have license plate readers connected to a computer database that ID's wanted vehicles. It is effective because we paid for it here. California doesn't have the $ for that nor the enforcement manpower to follow up. They can't even clear the brush nor incarcerate criminal illegal aliens, there is no prison space for us and simple gun violations.

All they have left to contain us is fear. Seems that's working better than expected here.
you're crazy if you think the left does not mean real bizzness.. just sayin'
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 11-18-2018, 11:16 AM
Alan Block Alan Block is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,849
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
If Newsome gets his wish to ban ugly rifles, who will take them from the gun owners? Who will obey that order?

Nobody wants to say, they are scared.
Recently, our new Orange County sheriff told a group of us that
There is no such thing as a high capacity magazine.
There is no such thing as an assault weapon.
If he stays true to this I do not think confiscations will happen in OC, at least not with the cooperation of the OCSD.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:46 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.