Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2018, 10:56 AM

I got my approval letters today for my stripped receivers but my ar pistol is still in review. Submitted 12/3.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:58 AM

Just logged into CFARS and am looking at approval notifications. Good to go!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:10 AM

My wife and I have the following:
Jun 29 Submitted
Nov 29 Received CFARS Submission Confirmation e-mail
Dec 05 Received approval letter (letter dated Nov 30, envelope postmarked Dec 03)

As of right now, logging into CFARS they still show as status "In Progress"
Old 12-13-2018, 11:14 AM

Still waiting on my volreg's submitted 6/30. What happens if I still haven't received confirmation of the registrations by 2019?
Old 12-13-2018, 11:21 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwaiz View Post
Has anyone had their volreg nonAW lower bounce back because category wasn't filled in? I didn't think that was a requirement. I just had several bounce back because no category and no pictures.
Bump this question. I have the same issue.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsloth View Post
What happens if I still haven't received confirmation of the registrations by 2019?
You will still be waiting...
Old 12-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsloth View Post
Still waiting on my volreg's submitted 6/30. What happens if I still haven't received confirmation of the registrations by 2019?
I volreg'd 2 on 6/29 and 6/30 and got confirms 3 weeks ago and letters a few days ago. Hold tight, keep them in the safe. I have a feeling the one person they have doing these is working at about a 3 or 4 a day clip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 12-13-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepoop4u View Post
I got my approval letters today for my stripped receivers but my ar pistol is still in review. Submitted 12/3.
Nice! Did you submit them as "stripped Lowers only"? Was it an AW registration, or just entering into CFARS from a completed 80%?
John 3:16
Old 12-13-2018, 1:28 PM

Did volreg on 6/29 and 6/30 in 2 groups , just got a bunch emails saying notify you by us mail. Hoping no issues
Old 12-13-2018, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyduckling View Post
Nice! Did you submit them as "stripped Lowers only"? Was it an AW registration, or just entering into CFARS from a completed 80%?
completed 80s
Old 12-13-2018, 2:19 PM

Ugh. Just got this in my email.

I picked “receiver only” because it’s only a receiver.

Do I have to submit a picture?

I’ll have to look back and search this thread now.

Quote:
The California Department of Justice has received your electronic application; however, it cannot be processed for the following reason(s):

Verify your answer to the question "receiver only?" If the firearm is fully assembled, please provide the caliber and barrel length of your firearm and clear full-length pictures of both sides of the firearm, one close up of the serial number, magazine release, make and model. Upload these pictures to this transaction and resubmit for processing.

FYI I submitted mine back on 6/29/2018.

Last edited by Mizouse; 12-13-2018 at 2:21 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 2:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizouse View Post
Ugh. Just got this in my email.

I picked ďreceiver onlyĒ because itís only a receiver.

Do I have to submit a picture?

Iíll have to look back and search this thread now.

FYI I submitted mine back on 6/29/2018.

The listed requests seems like you submitted a receiver for RAW application? Are you sure of the form you submitted?

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / CRPA / FPC / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member
Old 12-13-2018, 3:19 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
The listed requests seems like you submitted a receiver for RAW application? Are you sure of the form you submitted?

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / CRPA / FPC / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member
The RAW application form didn't have a "receiver only" question/option.

The email makes it sound like they just want to make sure it's really only a receiver, not a complete gun. It seems to me like you could just resubmit it as-is with the comment "Yes, it really is just a receiver-only, like I said on the application. Thanks for asking."

Don't panic. As of 11/21/2018, only around 40% of BBRAW applicants have received their letter. DOJ is still actively processing them... slowly. In the meantime:

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 12-13-2018 at 3:22 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 3:36 PM

Iím pretty sure I was doing the volreg but Iíll have to check when I get home from work.

Some reason I canít sign on from my phone.
Old 12-13-2018, 4:09 PM

Is anybody uploading the picturs to the website from their cellphone or do I gotta do it from computer?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2018, 4:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
The RAW application form didn't have a "receiver only" question/option.

The email makes it sound like they just want to make sure it's really only a receiver, not a complete gun. It seems to me like you could just resubmit it as-is with the comment "Yes, it really is just a receiver-only, like I said on the application. Thanks for asking."

Yeah it just is odd to see the same RAW requested photo list as a response for a volreg isnít it?

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
Old 12-14-2018, 2:43 PM

Just submitted the photos for my freshly engraved 80% ar pistol. No email confirmation that they were received other than website saying upload complete

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2018, 8:25 AM

This is for volregged 80% self-serialized, fixed mag, AR pistols submitted before the July dead line. Doj did not say photos were required at all. CRIS also had an option for multi caliber, interchangeable barrels.

They first ask to change multi-caliber interchangeable barrel option to a specific caliber:
* Please identify which caliber you would like, recorded under your name. The Automated Firearms System is only able to capture one caliber.

Then they ask for pics:
* Thank you for selecting a caliber for your firearm. Please provide clear full-length pictures of both sides of the firearm, one close up of the serial number, magazine release, make and model. Upload these pictures to this transaction and resubmit for processing.

I was wonder how the volreg users are pushing back against the DOJ when they do this. Email, snail mail, phone calls, or lawyers ?

Last edited by dizzy; 12-15-2018 at 9:48 AM..
Old 12-16-2018, 11:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
This is for volregged 80% self-serialized, fixed mag, AR pistols submitted before the July dead line. Doj did not say photos were required at all. CRIS also had an option for multi caliber, interchangeable barrels.

Then they ask for pics:
* Thank you for selecting a caliber for your firearm. Please provide clear full-length pictures of both sides of the firearm, one close up of the serial number, magazine release, make and model. Upload these pictures to this transaction and resubmit for processing.

I was wonder how the volreg users are pushing back against the DOJ when they do this. Email, snail mail, phone calls, or lawyers ?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7#post22310897

Added a comment in the firearm application and raised an Issue.

This is what I wrote (self serialized rifle) and added as a comment to the application: "Firearm serial number xxxxx This firearm is featureless and does not require photographs per current regulations. Please provide the memorandum authorizing your picture request or justification based on current policy. Thank You. "

Also opened an Issue with:
"RE: CRIS Number: XXXXXXXX Firearm serial number XXXXXX This firearm is featureless and does not require photographs per current regulations. Please provide the memorandum authorizing your picture request or justification based on current policy. Thank You."

Comment/issue send end mid November. Letters were rec'd Dec. 9th. No photos were requested on my self serialed AR pistols submitted before July 1.

T
"A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require, that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others for essential, particularly for military supplies." - George Washington, 1790
Old 12-16-2018, 1:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

In between your comments/issue and your receiving of letters, was there any other interaction or other notices from CRIS/CFARS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdps View Post
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7#post22310897

Added a comment in the firearm application and raised an Issue.

This is what I wrote (self serialized rifle) and added as a comment to the application: "Firearm serial number xxxxx This firearm is featureless and does not require photographs per current regulations. Please provide the memorandum authorizing your picture request or justification based on current policy. Thank You. "

Also opened an Issue with:
"RE: CRIS Number: XXXXXXXX Firearm serial number XXXXXX This firearm is featureless and does not require photographs per current regulations. Please provide the memorandum authorizing your picture request or justification based on current policy. Thank You."

Comment/issue send end mid November. Letters were rec'd Dec. 9th. No photos were requested on my self serialed AR pistols submitted before July 1.

T
Old 12-16-2018, 2:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd_gear View Post
In between your comments/issue and your receiving of letters, was there any other interaction or other notices from CRIS/CFARS?
No other interaction or notices at all.

T
"A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require, that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others for essential, particularly for military supplies." - George Washington, 1790
Old 12-16-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepoop4u View Post
Did you register as frame only? Weíre pictures required?
Old 12-17-2018, 6:32 AM

Does your completed build have to be serialized with pics and approved by 12-31-2018 or do you just need to get your application in by the end of the year?
Old 12-17-2018, 5:04 PM

Got my Email on the 11th of this month, and today i got my letter of approval
Old 12-17-2018, 10:53 PM

You just need to submit application before 12/31 then wait to process after. Got confirmation on my volreg before July on the 12th this month. Got my letters today. Still waiting on my AR pistol USNA for approval from September.