Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 11-21-2017, 2:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthomas View Post
That's the Saint. The photo I included was the new Saint Edge.

The Saint Edge has a billet lower, free float handguard, muzzle brake, adjustable gas block, single stage match trigger, and only weighs 6 pounds with a heavy tungsten buffer.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater

Last edited by k1dude; 11-21-2017 at 2:29 PM..
Old 11-21-2017, 4:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
^Op, don’t worry about ChinDrizzle. He’s the most easily triggered snowflake on CG when it comes to LWRC.

He thinks his alleged experience with three rifles constitutes statistical proof that LWRC is not worth buying.

There are legions of happy owners out there who would gladly buy a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See how upset this guy is that I'm not impressed with his rifle? Talk about triggered.
Old 11-21-2017, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post
LWRC is overpriced flash, in reality they suck for performance. Every time I go to the range and there's a LWRC on the line the owner is trying to get everyone's attention with his spiral fluted burnt bronze finish rifle, they'll practically beg you to shoot it.

Spend the money on a Daniel Defense, eventually buy a new trigger preferably a Giessele.
Sure, if you like a loose fitting AR that rattles when you shake it, buy a dd. Just my experience from the one I owned for a week and the other I picked off the shelf. Pretty sad for a 1600 AR.
Old 11-21-2017, 6:54 PM

I bought a new LWRC-DI for $980 and it's the most I've spent on a modern sporting rifle and worth it. With that being said buy a S&W M&P15 for $600 and spend the rest on ammo, you'll probably want to buy another one or build one in the future.

Last edited by srfdbc7; 11-21-2017 at 8:44 PM..
Old 11-22-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigbird View Post
Sure, if you like a loose fitting AR that rattles when you shake it, buy a dd. Just my experience from the one I owned for a week and the other I picked off the shelf. Pretty sad for a 1600 AR.
No rattle with mine. Just wicked badassery. Aside from the flyer, these were all 1 to 2" groups @ 100yrds with no magnification, stock trigger, and so-so ammo off the hood of my Jeep.

DDM4V7 SLW

Old 11-22-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt16 View Post
No rattle with mine. Just wicked badassery. Aside from the flyer, these were all 1 to 2" groups @ 100yrds with no magnification, stock trigger, and so-so ammo off the hood of my Jeep.

DDM4V7 SLW

Those holes look like they were made with a sharp stick. just kidding, good shooting.

There are a lot of great deals out there for rifles at the $1000 mark and below.
CBC has a pretty good selection .
I have not bought a ready built rifle in over ten years. But I have built a few. I have a complete Troy upper and everything els to build one this weekend that will end up costing me under $600.

When you build the options or more then you can count.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9a7kw7.jpg (100.6 KB, 15 views)
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC
Old 11-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyUSMC View Post
Those holes look like they were made with a sharp stick. just kidding, good shooting.

There are a lot of great deals out there for rifles at the $1000 mark and below.
CBC has a pretty good selection .
I have not bought a ready built rifle in over ten years. But I have built a few. I have a complete Troy upper and everything els to build one this weekend that will end up costing me under $600.

When you build the options or more then you can count.
I have to agree with the build it model. A decent lower can be put together for $300, and $700 can buy one heck of an upper, but OP asked about complete rifles, some guys just like that sort of thing, and I guess it makes sense if there is a chance he will sell it in the future.
Old 11-23-2017, 9:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt16 View Post
DDM4V7 SLW
Those look about like what I got from my DD barrel off the front hood of my Jeep JKU. Once I replaced that sloppy barrel with a Criterion those groups tightend up quite a bit. Like under 1 moa tight.

Weird thing is I have a DD 14.5" that is quite good.
Old 11-23-2017, 6:02 PM

Thanks for all the input. I think I am going to go an entry level as my first AR and upgrade change it as I learn more about it or find I want something different.

I am seriously leaning towards this PSA, I think it looks like a great deal.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516446841.html

PM me for class certificates
Old 11-23-2017, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryect View Post
Thanks for all the input. I think I am going to go an entry level as my first AR and upgrade change it as I learn more about it or find I want something different.

I am seriously leaning towards this PSA, I think it looks like a great deal.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516446841.html
I have 2 of those freedom complete upper barreled receivers. They work just fine, never had any issues.