Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-10-2010, 2:58 PM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
Ok, since Peruta is now over (at least Round 1), is it time to apply yet... or still just time to sit back and wait?

Pure speculation on my part:

I think they are waiting to get a hold of the Good Cause Statements from the SD Sheriff's dept before they tell those of us waiting to apply.

The reasoning would be that if they have proof of accepted Good Causes, and one of us is denied for the same good cause, they can then move forward with a lawsuit against the Sheriff for not applying the law equally.

[/speculation]

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché

Why is it all the funny stuff happens to comedians?
Old 12-10-2010, 2:59 PM

Isn't that what Peruta tried to do, and was dismissed?
Old 12-10-2010, 3:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Hero View Post
Isn't that what Peruta tried to do, and was dismissed?
That's what I thought too.
Old 12-10-2010, 6:34 PM

That's correct - but what the ruling in Peruta said was that the plaintiffs hadn't done a good enough job showing that their circumstances were identical to those of people who were approved.

This is what the court said:

Quote:
Plaintiffs submitted more than 700 pages of applications and renewals. Id. The court observed that “some applicants were granted concealed weapons licenses after stating on paper basically the same grounds for issuance upon which plaintiffs’ applications were denied.” Id. Nonetheless, the court held there was no genuine issue of material fact because the records did not establish those who received licenses were similarly situated to plaintiffs. Id. The records were incomplete—they did not reveal information compiled in background checks, oral interviews and the like—and the records did not establish a causal connection between factors suggesting “privileged class” and the issuance of a concealed weapons license. Id. The court concluded that, “without evidence of anything more than vagaries in [] administration,” plaintiffs equal protection claim could not survive summary judgment. Id.

Like the plaintiffs in March, Plaintiffs here cannot demonstrate they were treated differently than similarly situated others. To show disparate treatment, Plaintiffs have offered a number of HDSA renewal applications as a contrast to Plaintiffs initial applications. See Exs. U-PP. But the two types of applications are not comparable; renewal applications are generally issued on the spot and subject to less rigorous documentation requirements than initial applications. See Pelowitz Decl. ¶ 12. Just one of the Plaintiffs contends his renewal was denied, and in that case, the renewal was granted following an appeal. See Exs. K-S. Accordingly, the evidence introduced by Plaintiffs does not establish or create a genuine issue of material fact regarding whether similarly situated individuals were treated differently. At most, it demonstrates “vagaries in [] administration.” See March, 2001 WL 1112110, at *5 (N.D.Cal. 2001). Moreover, for the reasons stated above, Plaintiffs have not demonstrated the denials of concealed weapons licenses to them were based on impermissible grounds. Defendant’s policy does not favor HDSA members in violation of the equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.
,, so it's not just good enough to copy someone else's good cause statement and wait for approval - at least not today in San Diego County.
"[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box . . without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country." -- Frederick Douglass (1892)
Old 12-10-2010, 9:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Our Initiative continues unimpeded and full steam ahead. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, try to find a few vendors willing to support their customers' civil rights and sponsor Carry License Reform in that area. We need all the help we can get.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-12-2010, 5:20 PM

I sent in my $100 to sponsor San Diego County today. Transaction ID: 3PF4353207094452L

Luke 22:36 And He said to them, but now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loather View Post
I'm currently reading through the San Diego requirements. In there, it states that we'd be required to submit character references. Are they legally allowed to do that? Additionally, it states further down that character references generally aren't required for judges, former law enforcement, and SO reserves. Doesn't this run afoul of equal protection?
This is nothing. In Imperial county they require reference letters to be from LEO's. So if you don't know any quite well, you're just SOL.

the question here is not whether the carrying of arms is a good idea—the question is
whether carrying arms is constitutionally protected. Objective standards and due process—not
Defendants’ philosophy or personal beliefs about the value of this activity—must carry the day-Alan Gura
Old 12-14-2010, 12:43 PM

Funds sent. Transaction ID: 4655-0222-2478-9879

Old 12-20-2010, 11:08 AM

I applied and received mine in about 4-5 months after all the paperwork, fees and shooting took place. And all that with the current sheriff in office.
Old 12-27-2010, 8:03 PM

so how much longer till SD is ready to go?
Old 12-29-2010, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting4theconstitution View Post
I applied and received mine in about 4-5 months after all the paperwork, fees and shooting took place. And all that with the current sheriff in office.
Care to share your angle?

the question here is not whether the carrying of arms is a good idea—the question is
whether carrying arms is constitutionally protected. Objective standards and due process—not
Defendants’ philosophy or personal beliefs about the value of this activity—must carry the day-Alan Gura
Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM

Any progress?
Old 01-11-2011, 1:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Yes, slowly but surely. Remain patient.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-11-2011, 2:16 PM
Banned

Two more weeks!
Old 01-18-2011, 4:43 PM

Anything a broke college student can do to help? I can't swing $100 is there somewhere I can contribute a different amount?
Old 01-19-2011, 8:49 AM

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Quote:
Anything a broke college student can do to help? I can't swing $100 is there somewhere I can contribute a different amount?
Quote:
Same here haha
Maybe you two could pool your money and make one (combined) donation?

Last edited by Casual_Shooter; 05-04-2013 at 7:39 AM..
Old 01-22-2011, 2:32 PM

Whats the latest here?
Old 01-22-2011, 9:17 PM

just another
Old 01-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting4theconstitution View Post
Was your good cause "Self Protection" or did you have some business related good cause?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

All things come to those who are patient.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 AM

Nap time. I just finished my sandwich.
Old 02-06-2011, 9:58 PM

anything new for SD it has been a while since we have heard anything??
Old 02-07-2011, 8:32 AM

I am restating Brandon's statement (from another thread) for the good of all here. He posted this back on December 11th, 2010 regarding good cause statements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
[San Diego] County just this week confirmed that they will be producing the records. It may be some time before we have those in front of us (SD Sheriff's Office estimates ~31 hours of manpower to produce/redact, and as such are not making it a priority).

We'll call that "phase 2".
At some point in CGF's strategy, the CCW license policy and procedures of the San Diego Sheriff will need to be modified. I am sure CGF is aware of this and we should not bother them with small questions.

I see the following problems with the SD Sheriff's CCW policies and procedures:
  1. Required (3) Character reference letters are illegal.
  2. They will not accept a CCW application unless the applicant has taken the eight hour CCW safety class first. I see this as a back door method to front loading costs to the applicant.
  3. All documents related to the interview must be dated within (30) days or the "outdated" document will be held invalid. This is true of the CCW eight-hour safety training certificate. That is a very narrow window and if an individual chooses to apply they must plan accordingly.

Not a complaint, but just a statement... The eight hour CCW training class must be taken from an approved list of (10) CCW safety trainers. The training can be as much as $160 or as low as $80.

Old 03-24-2011, 7:08 PM

I am ready to see some good cause statements, I think I have a pretty good cause myself - just want to see how it compares to accepted ones.
Old 03-25-2011, 6:54 AM

Dont bother, I went in for my prescreening interview last month, after spending some time crafting and developing my GC statement with professional help from ccwusa.org. I thought I had a good solid statement too, but the clerk told me flat out, and I have it on tape, "We cant give you a ccw, if we give you one then every other Firefighter will come in here and want one." That was the reason given why it would fail, not that my reasons for danger to myself or family, but because they dont want the door opened for others to get their ccw's

Then she went on to blather about liability and lack of documented threats, and its unsafe if we gave everyone a ccw. The fact that I regularly testify in court against criminals I encounter as a first responder didnt matter.

and before all you nay sayers start on the band wagon, I already have my Florida and Utah out of state permits, told her that too, still didnt matter. Sheriff Gore has to many liberal and democratic supporters pulling his strings. I recently saw Gore with the SDPD chief and Lori Saldana at a function together shaking hands and being very buddy buddy. There is an anti gun agenda and it is being controlled by elected and appointed peoples. Dont think anything short of a federal court order will change anything in this state.
Old 03-25-2011, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemark View Post
Dont bother, I went in for my prescreening interview last month, after spending some time crafting and developing my GC statement with professional help from ccwusa.org. I thought I had a good solid statement too, but the clerk told me flat out, and I have it on tape, "We cant give you a ccw, if we give you one then every other Firefighter will come in here and want one." That was the reason given why it would fail, not that my reasons for danger to myself or family, but because they dont want the door opened for others to get their ccw's

Then she went on to blather about liability and lack of documented threats, and its unsafe if we gave everyone a ccw. The fact that I regularly testify in court against criminals I encounter as a first responder didnt matter.

and before all you nay sayers start on the band wagon, I already have my Florida and Utah out of state permits, told her that too, still didnt matter. Sheriff Gore has to many liberal and democratic supporters pulling his strings. I recently saw Gore with the SDPD chief and Lori Saldana at a function together shaking hands and being very buddy buddy. There is an anti gun agenda and it is being controlled by elected and appointed peoples. Dont think anything short of a federal court order will change anything in this state.
They want documented threats? Ha... such a joke, I think you have a good enough reason when I line them up to other accepted CCW's in other counties.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
CGN Contributor

Thank you, PsychGuy274, for getting that reference letter requirement nuked!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=413398
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Any updates on when the GC statements will be available?

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 05-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Banned

I doubt Gore will release them while Peruta is pending.
Old 05-10-2011, 9:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6ATF View Post
I doubt Gore will release them while Peruta is pending.
The public records request is unrelated to Peruta. He can't refuse to the release the records because of an unrelated lawsuit. At best he can drag his feet.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 05-10-2011, 9:38 AM
Banned

He can drag his feet until Peruta is done, then.
Old 05-10-2011, 9:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6ATF View Post
He can drag his feet until Peruta is done, then.
Unless the CGF steamroller decided to give him a legal b!tch-slapping for failing to respond to their request in a timely manner as required by law.....but then again we know the law doesn't seem to mean much Shoot-on-sight Gore.

And actually......If I'm not mistaken he had already had to release them to the Peruta legal team because extensive reference was made to the finding in those documents in the Peruta filings and oral arguments. So Gore would have no reason to hold them back for that because he has already released them once already regarding that ongoing case.

Quote for the day:
Quote:

Last edited by Untamed1972; 05-10-2011 at 9:55 AM..
Old 05-31-2011, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
Unless the CGF steamroller decided to give him a legal b!tch-slapping for failing to respond to their request in a timely manner as required by law.....but then again we know the law doesn't seem to mean much Shoot-on-sight Gore.

And actually......If I'm not mistaken he had already had to release them to the Peruta legal team because extensive reference was made to the finding in those documents in the Peruta filings and oral arguments. So Gore would have no reason to hold them back for that because he has already released them once already regarding that ongoing case.
There are GC statements quoted in the Peruta Brief:

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/car...f-20110523.pdf
Old 07-07-2011, 2:35 PM

Its been a little over two weeks now, any news on Gore releasing the GC statements?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 AM

but we will be told
if their is any new news it will probably be in the main 2A part

Last edited by SDS-Ruger; 07-08-2011 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: bad grammer
Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

so wait im so confused we can get ccw in sd county ????? im been reading the laws and stuff but everything is soooo vage or worded confusing .sorry if this sounds dumb to you guys but im thinking about a ccw after i was robbed at gun point (357 put to the back of my head ) and a few year later someone broke into my house at 3am had to chase them out with my rifle any help would be so awesome
Old 08-23-2011, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillincody View Post
so wait im so confused we can get ccw in sd county ????? im been reading the laws and stuff but everything is soooo vage or worded confusing .sorry if this sounds dumb to you guys but im thinking about a ccw after i was robbed at gun point (357 put to the back of my head ) and a few year later someone broke into my house at 3am had to chase them out with my rifle any help would be so awesome
Unless you contributed to Gore's campaign...NO
Member #46312
Old 08-23-2011, 1:17 PM

Quote:
People have successfully received a LTC (I guess that's the new term for CCW on the forum) in San Diego county. But it seems those are very few and far between.

That being said, your situation would probably not get you a LTC. Just because something happened in the past does not mean it would happen in the future... at least that's probably what they'd tell you when you got denied.

Old 08-23-2011, 1:31 PM
Veteran Member

thats stupid so pretty much us good clean law abiding citizens can pretty much only legally do open carry (sorry to saying it not gonna go into that i promise) while the criminal can aquire un registered illegal weapons pretty easily hummm.... i know im young still and dont understand alot of stuff but isnt that kinda ridiculous
Old 08-23-2011, 1:34 PM

Quote:
thats stupid so pretty much us good clean law abiding citizens can pretty much only legally do open carry (sorry to saying it not gonna go into that i promise) while the criminal can aquire un registered illegal weapons pretty easily hummm.... i know im young still and dont understand alot of stuff but isnt that kinda ridiculous
Of course! Gun control only controls the law abiding citizen. Criminals, by definition, BREAK THE LAW.
Member #46312