Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 03-15-2019, 9:04 AM

Default Want some opinions!

Hello all, now I know what I am going to ask is totally preference based. I am not a noob, already have been carrying for some time and my renewal is up. San Bernardino only allows 3 weapons on your permit and wanted to hear some opinions, pros/cons, for my last choice.

I am going to have my Sig P238 as my micro, pocket carry; I just got a Sig P365 and putting that on my list. The 3rd is my "dilemma" I have been carrying a Glock 26, but I am considering replacing that with my Glock 19 since I can carry 10 rounds in my new Sig 365 in a smaller gun.

I am thinking about the change because then I can carry a weapon with a light on it, lots more options because the Glock 19 is just big enough to have full purchase in the grip, etc...

Does anyone have any insight into carrying the 19 vs the 26? I primarily carry AIWB, is it even worth it to change? Just wondering, thanks all!
Old 03-15-2019, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

Have you tried carrying the 19 with a light on it? Just my opinion but I think adding a light to a concealed carry gun add's more bulk, making concealing it a bit more complicated. I'd see how well it works before being locked into that decision if it is only to get the ability to have a WML.
Old 03-15-2019, 9:20 AM

I have both but choose to go with the 26 as I see no reason to carry a larger gun with the same capacity. If I could use standard mags then I'd go with the 19.
Old 03-15-2019, 9:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Between the 19 and the 26 I think the old answer is... whichever one you shoot significantly better.
Old 03-15-2019, 9:45 AM

I carry a G19 daily. It gets 95% of my ccw duties.

I find it to be a lot more shootable than the G26. The 19 shoots like a full size range gun to me - which means I practice and enjoy using it much more than I do a 26
Old 03-15-2019, 2:56 PM

G19 ‘cuz the Navy SEALs use it. I kid I kid.

I switch between 19 and Sig P229 on EDC; G20 when I am camping.

I would choose the one that you shoot well if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 3:22 PM

Honestly I shoot both equally well, even though the G19 is a bit more "comfortable" and I can get a full purchase when I am drawing. The reason I am asking is since the Sig 365 carries 10 rds also and is smaller than the 26, my EDC will probably be the 365. So would it just be better to go to a compact instead of having 2 sub compacts for when winter months and jacket weather is upon us since that would make the size is easier to conceal.

I just wish SBC didn't have a 3 weapon limit and the this wouldn't even be on my mind. LOL, but here we are.
Old 03-15-2019, 3:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Of the guns you currently have on the LTC, which gun gets carried the most, and by how much? Percent: 60/20/20, etc. If it's one you're going to keep, you probably won't take it out of the rotation very quickly.

Establishing your guns based on the potential for heavier clothing in part of the year doesn't make a lot of sense. If you won't carry the gun, the weight of your clothing won't matter. (In fact, if the weather requires the wear of a coat, a smaller gun in the outside pocket is better than one concealed on your belt under the zipped coat.)

The light is a waste of time. It's more difficult to conceal, provides more opportunities to get hung up on the draw, and provides one more thing to manage in an engagement. Plus, if you light it up before you've identified your target, your adversary will know where you are...that's bad...Lose the light idea and stay out of dark places.
Old 03-15-2019, 4:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default grip angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavca21 View Post

I am going to have my Sig P238 as my micro, pocket carry; I just got a Sig P365 and putting that on my list. The 3rd is my "dilemma" I have been carrying a Glock 26, but I am considering replacing that with my Glock 19 since I can carry 10 rounds in my new Sig 365 in a smaller gun.
Sigs and Glocks have a different grip angle
Sigs and Glocks have different controls

For CCW, I am a fan of one grip angle and one set of controls.

Why- Decock a Sig- Life is Good. Decock an older M9, and the gun cannot fire. You must move the selector back up off of safe.

Shoot a glock- point and click- Shoot a 1911- point - no bang- go to Tap/Rack Flip and no rack... OODA loop resets.... oh, manual safety is still on.... the Glock does not have a safety to ride- the 1911, you should ride the safety. If sharp- get a different safety

When a threat appears, your brain runs scenarios - your brain is watching the threat and several other people- Threats friends - back ground- etc.

The controls should be subconscious. carrying 3 guns with 3 different sets of controls is not subconscious...

Under stress you will shoot where your muscle memory takes you... 1911/sig shooters will shoot a glock and hit high

Opposite is true with the glock- Glock shooters hit low with Sig/1911

Any modern gun should be 1) reliable 2) accurate enough

Focus on training, force on force courses (even airsoft), tactics classes... All your gear is great.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g_a7dQXilCo
“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 03-15-2019, 4:26 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Personally I'd drop the 238. Good gun, but the 1911 style is too different from the 365 and the G19. I'd go 365, 26, 19.

Why the 19? Because it holds 16 rounds when you hit the state line. Scrap the light, just some good night sights.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 03-15-2019, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Sigs and Glocks have a different grip angle
Sigs and Glocks have different controls

For CCW, I am a fan of one grip angle and one set of controls.

Why- Decock a Sig- Life is Good. Decock an older M9, and the gun cannot fire. You must move the selector back up off of safe.

Shoot a glock- point and click- Shoot a 1911- point - no bang- go to Tap/Rack Flip and no rack... OODA loop resets.... oh, manual safety is still on.... the Glock does not have a safety to ride- the 1911, you should ride the safety. If sharp- get a different safety

When a threat appears, your brain runs scenarios - your brain is watching the threat and several other people- Threats friends - back ground- etc.

The controls should be subconscious. carrying 3 guns with 3 different sets of controls is not subconscious...

Under stress you will shoot where your muscle memory takes you... 1911/sig shooters will shoot a glock and hit high

Opposite is true with the glock- Glock shooters hit low with Sig/1911

Any modern gun should be 1) reliable 2) accurate enough

Focus on training, force on force courses (even airsoft), tactics classes... All your gear is great.....
That's some sage advice; smart man.
Old 03-15-2019, 5:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarosa View Post
I have both but choose to go with the 26 as I see no reason to carry a larger gun with the same capacity. If I could use standard mags then I'd go with the 19.
If you have them legally you can still use them (for now anyway).
Old 03-19-2019, 8:17 AM
Veteran Member

I carry a g19 with 16 rounds in it. No brainer.

Ruger Mk lll 22/45 .22lr , Uberti SAA .357 for sale
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1483671