Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Riverside Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2017, 12:56 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Addendum to the apathy thread

I'm going to reference the "This place has died" thread by Phat Daddy and expand on it. Approximately 8yrs. ago, I organized the first Calguns booth at the Temecula Rod Run. Unheard of to have a vendor displaying firearms and talking about the 2nd Amendment and Firearms at a car show. Only missed one IIRC since then. Five years ago I did the same for the Murrieta Rod Run.

In the early years for both, I'd have 5-6 members sign up to work. Then it went down to 4, which was fine. Lately it's been two of us, the two who have done it from the beginning. We understand everyone has a life and everyone gets busy, but in the time we began, the membership has increased. Unfortunately, people volunteering has gone down for some reason.

Bottom line, this may be the last one we participate in and I'll have to see how the Temecula Rod Run does next March. I say this because Kestryll can't be throwing money away. It costs $350 at one and $200 at the other one, so there is an investment there. My intent with this is not to guilt anyone into volunteering, I just hope someone reading this will decide to help out so we can keep these events going as we speak with a lot of people at the two day event.
Old 09-12-2017, 3:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Bill, when is it?

LASD Retired
1978-2011

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Old 09-15-2017, 7:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
Bill, when is it?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post20649854
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."- Patrick Henry
ActiveJunky sign-up referral link: https://www.activejunky.com/invite/132380
Mr.Rebates sign-up referral link:
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=1034188
Old 10-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Well, I had to cancel the Murrieta Rod Run due to the lack of volunteers. We had a total of 3 people volunteer and one had to suddenly cancel due to an emergency. We have had a booth there since it's inception 5yrs. ago, so it's unfortunate this occurred. We reached a lot of people who had no knowledge of Calguns and we also were able to meet many members who stopped by to chat.

I was the only one working on Sat. and it's not practical for one person to run the booth as I would not be able to leave it at anytime, negating bathroom breaks. More importantly, due to the presence of firearms on display, I have always made it a personal policy to have two people working the booth at all times.

Hopefully, there will be enough interest to participate in the 2018 Temecula Rod Run being held on March 2 & 3 (Fri/Sat). Look for a thread in this subforum sometime in January of 2018. We have participated in that one for approximately 8 years.
Old 10-22-2017, 8:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Why does this surprise you? The CGN gun show booths all appeared to have went belly up long ago.