Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:10 PM
Havoc70's Avatar
Havoc70 Havoc70 is offline
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 802
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Jerry Brown....really?

I've read in several threads that JB is the better choice of any of the RINOs running for office. I'm curious as to why this is? In my (highly prejudiced against Democrats) mind Jerry Brown would be no better than anyone else who is running. Of course, he probably wouldn't be worse, however, I can't wrap my mind around "pro 2A" and "Jerry Brown" being in the same sentence.

Note, I don't view ANY candidate for Governor as pro 2A, but I do view JB as probably being more actively hostile.

So, again, why would Jerry Brown not suck from the viewpoint of 2A and RKBA?
__________________
http://archon.silvertree.org/Solano.jpg
Proud Veteran Aerial Gunner - De inimico non loquaris sed cogites

"A “right” entitles an individual to do something, and is not dependent on the graces of the government." - Alan Gura Ezell v. Chicago

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." - Justice Louis Brandeis Dissenting, Olmstead v. United States
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:15 PM
PonchoTA's Avatar
PonchoTA PonchoTA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ!! I'm freeeeeee!
Posts: 2,314
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

aaaaaand, CUE Bill Weiss!

Take it away Bill!




.
__________________
Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.”
("A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD

NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:35 PM
Mstrty's Avatar
Mstrty Mstrty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,445
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc70 View Post
I've read in several threads that JB is the better choice of any of the RINOs running for office. I'm curious as to why this is? In my (highly prejudiced against Democrats) mind Jerry Brown would be no better than anyone else who is running. Of course, he probably wouldn't be worse, however, I can't wrap my mind around "pro 2A" and "Jerry Brown" being in the same sentence.

Note, I don't view ANY candidate for Governor as pro 2A, but I do view JB as probably being more actively hostile.

So, again, why would Jerry Brown not suck from the viewpoint of 2A and RKBA?
There are a few. and I mean FEW on this board that feel that JB is the man. They sip on their koolaid envisioning guns poring from vending machines at the state capital.
Most members here understand that one amicus brief to SCOTUS doesnt make you Gods gift to all gun owners.

wait........


Ok let the flogging begin...............
__________________
~ ~
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:42 PM
Glock22Fan's Avatar
Glock22Fan Glock22Fan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 5,752
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombmaster View Post
There are a few. and I mean FEW on this board that feel that JB is the man. They sip on their koolaid envisioning guns poring from vending machines at the state capital.
Most members here understand that one amicus brief to SCOTUS doesnt make you Gods gift to all gun owners.

wait........


Ok let the flogging begin...............
I think that you underestimate the number of Jerry supporters here (inluding this diehard Republican), and underestimate the extent to which Jerry has been our friend while he has been A.G.

Of course, some people made up their minds a long time ago and don't want to be confused by the facts.

Jerry is the only viable candidate who is in any way or to any extent on our side. And I never expected to say that about a Democrat.

One amicus brief is one more than any other candidate offered, and that's far from the only thing he has done for us, but (as said above) I'll let Bill explain.
__________________
John -- bitter gun owner.

All opinions expressed here are my own unless I say otherwise.
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.


Last edited by Glock22Fan; 04-16-2010 at 4:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2010, 3:14 PM
wellerjohn's Avatar
wellerjohn wellerjohn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Needville, TX
Posts: 395
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock22Fan View Post
I think that you underestimate the number of Jerry supporters here (inluding this diehard Republican), and underestimate the extent to which Jerry has been our friend while he has been A.G.

Of course, some people made up their minds a long time ago and don't want to be confused by the facts.

Jerry is the only viable candidate who is in any way or to any extent on our side. And I never expected to say that about a Democrat.

One amicus brief is one more than any other candidate offered, and that's far from the only thing he has done for us, but (as said above) I'll let Bill explain.
I agree 100% .....at this point in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:44 PM
Pvt. Cowboy Pvt. Cowboy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,688
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombmaster View Post
They sip on their koolaid
Sip the Kool-Ade. Boy, you said it.

Jerry Brown was considering psychopath Jim Jones for a top slot in CA's state government when he was governor. He used to attend Jim Jones' People's Temple church services all the time.



... Jim Jones had other plans in mind, however:

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:49 PM
Fot's Avatar
Fot Fot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chico
Posts: 1,614
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

[QUOTE=bombmaster;4136790]There are a few. and I mean FEW on this board that feel that JB is the man. QUOTE]

It's more then a few..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFinger View Post
We are a dynamic community that reflects society at large. If there is a trait that distinguishes us it is that we're protectors of the the infirm, the elderly, and defenseless women (often sorority sisters who like beer & pillow fights). That means that at some point we may be called on to do battle with zombies. That is nothing to be ashamed of. .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-16-2010, 6:00 PM
tuolumnejim's Avatar
tuolumnejim tuolumnejim is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stagecoach, Nv.
Posts: 10,173
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

[QUOTE=Fot;4136866]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombmaster View Post
There are a few. and I mean FEW on this board that feel that JB is the man. QUOTE]

It's more then a few..
I know and that thought makes me ill.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem
"I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery"
Count Palatine of Posen

“In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.”
Publius Cornelius Scipio

Last edited by tuolumnejim; 07-05-2010 at 7:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:58 PM
Sinestr's Avatar
Sinestr Sinestr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Smells like cow shi+
Posts: 654
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICESTATE View Post
Brown or Whitman we're screwed either way for the next 6 years. To be honest we're screwed forever in California, too many leeches who can vote now.
I think you hit the nail on the head....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombmaster View Post
There are a few. and I mean FEW on this board that feel that JB is the man. They sip on their koolaid envisioning guns poring from vending machines at the state capital.
Most members here understand that one amicus brief to SCOTUS doesnt make you Gods gift to all gun owners.

wait........


Ok let the flogging begin...............
+1
__________________
"Strength Determination Merciless Forever"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:48 PM
POLICESTATE's Avatar
POLICESTATE POLICESTATE is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wylie, TEXAS
Posts: 18,198
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Brown or Whitman we're screwed either way for the next 6 years. To be honest we're screwed forever in California, too many leeches who can vote now.
__________________
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.


Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:57 PM
CenterX's Avatar
CenterX CenterX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sleep North SFO Bay
Posts: 1,513
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

That picture was called out as a fake back in the 70's and it still looks fake. Look at Browns record and then judge. All you need to know about Meg is on ebay.

JB is a pro constitutional lawyer and he supports the 2A. He is a shooter himself. Some Democrats are. Many used to be. 90% of my family is Dem and 85% of them are pro guns and shoot. We don't get a chance to vote for a good Democrat very often because the communists have stolen the Democratic party. If you voted for Arnold you got what he is, an ex-socialist that doesn't understand that capitalism is not the only freedom in the world. Meg is an Arnold clone - vote for her and you will lose more of your gun rights.
__________________

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW

Last edited by CenterX; 04-16-2010 at 4:58 PM.. Reason: cleaning
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:03 PM
Pvt. Cowboy Pvt. Cowboy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,688
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterX View Post
That picture was called out as a fake back in the 70's and it still looks fake.
Picture is real and genuine.

Maybe you'd be convinced if some People's Temple cult survivors testimonies established the relationship between Jerry Brown and Jim Jones?

Seductive Poison: A Jonestown Survivor's Story of Life and Death in the Peoples Temple
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-16-2010, 6:40 PM
CCWFacts CCWFacts is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,628
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I really like and want to support JB. He's the only "libertarian liberal" I know of. I think he would be a good governor for this state. I was ready to vote for him, until I found out one thing: he got a strong endorsement from the SEIU.

The SEIU is bankrupting this state, and is strongly hostile to CCW and gun rights. The SEIU is driven by blind greed and desire to take, without regard to the consequences to the government and taxpayers it feeds off of.

The SEIU wants to see California go the same way as Greece. To explain what I mean, Greece right now spends about 40% of its GDP in the public sector. Its public sector is all unionized. Greece is bankrupt and is trying to avoid overtly begging for money from its neighbors. Sound familiar?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-16-2010, 6:47 PM
bigstick61 bigstick61 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,462
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
I really like and want to support JB. He's the only "libertarian liberal" I know of. I think he would be a good governor for this state. I was ready to vote for him, until I found out one thing: he got a strong endorsement from the SEIU.

The SEIU is bankrupting this state, and is strongly hostile to CCW and gun rights. The SEIU is driven by blind greed and desire to take, without regard to the consequences to the government and taxpayers it feeds off of.

The SEIU wants to see California go the same way as Greece. To explain what I mean, Greece right now spends about 40% of its GDP in the public sector. Its public sector is all unionized. Greece is bankrupt and is trying to avoid overtly begging for money from its neighbors. Sound familiar?
A leftist libertarian (when using libertarian in the sense most Americans understand it) is an inherent contradiction. Brown is no libertarian. Now if we were talking about Europe you could bring out the libertarian socialists and such, but I don't think promoting someone as such would gain much support here.

And I agree with you about the SEIU.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-16-2010, 6:47 PM
Sinestr's Avatar
Sinestr Sinestr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Smells like cow shi+
Posts: 654
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
I really like and want to support JB. He's the only "libertarian liberal" I know of. I think he would be a good governor for this state. I was ready to vote for him, until I found out one thing: he got a strong endorsement from the SEIU.

The SEIU is bankrupting this state, and is strongly hostile to CCW and gun rights. The SEIU is driven by blind greed and desire to take, without regard to the consequences to the government and taxpayers it feeds off of.

The SEIU wants to see California go the same way as Greece. To explain what I mean, Greece right now spends about 40% of its GDP in the public sector. Its public sector is all unionized. Greece is bankrupt and is trying to avoid overtly begging for money from its neighbors. Sound familiar?
Another valid concern, with Browns past you can't look at him as a one issue guy. People must look at the whole package.
__________________
"Strength Determination Merciless Forever"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-25-2010, 12:19 AM
gordon freeman's Avatar
gordon freeman gordon freeman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Xen
Posts: 331
iTrader: 41 / 98%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestr View Post
Another valid concern, with Browns past you can't look at him as a one issue guy. People must look at the whole package.

I am looking at the whole Whitman package ...and I see a RINO
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-16-2010, 6:50 PM
Bad Voodoo's Avatar
Bad Voodoo Bad Voodoo is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 2,892
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
I really like and want to support JB. He's the only "libertarian liberal" I know of. I think he would be a good governor for this state. I was ready to vote for him, until I found out one thing: he got a strong endorsement from the SEIU.
Of course he received their endorsement. He begged them for it.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...57&postcount=1
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-17-2010, 2:03 PM
ZRX61's Avatar
ZRX61 ZRX61 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,135
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Cowboy View Post
Picture is real and genuine.

Maybe you'd be convinced if some People's Temple cult survivors testimonies established the relationship between Jerry Brown and Jim Jones?

Seductive Poison: A Jonestown Survivor's Story of Life and Death in the Peoples Temple
My ex wifes grandfather was one of JJ's top guys. He gave the koolaid to his wife & now lives somewhere in the SF area...Entire family has wacko religious views, wife didn't get her warped outlook until her dad died....
__________________
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville 1805–1859
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-20-2010, 5:33 PM
FS00008's Avatar
FS00008 FS00008 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Purcellville, Virginia
Posts: 1,983
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Cowboy View Post
Picture is real and genuine.

Maybe you'd be convinced if some People's Temple cult survivors testimonies established the relationship between Jerry Brown and Jim Jones?

Seductive Poison: A Jonestown Survivor's Story of Life and Death in the Peoples Temple

That photo has been proven to be a fake.
__________________
"No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-18-2010, 9:37 PM
chiselchst's Avatar
chiselchst chiselchst is offline
Very Nice Honey Badger
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Co Co County
Posts: 2,031
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterX View Post
JB is a pro constitutional lawyer and he supports the 2A. He is a shooter himself. Some Democrats are.
I am leaning that way also, FWIW....(my opinion, what you paid for it).

They all suck, IMO...
__________________
My Opinion - Worth What You Paid For It...

DO NOT Use Amazon Smile! Use Shop42A.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
I guess it depends on what your definition of law breaking is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Here, let me Google that for you ... :)

No, no, that would be cruel.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:59 PM
Skidmark's Avatar
Skidmark Skidmark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Semi-Banned
Posts: 1,770
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc70 View Post
I've read in several threads that JB is the better choice of any of the RINOs running for office. I'm curious as to why this is? In my (highly prejudiced against Democrats) mind Jerry Brown would be no better than anyone else who is running. Of course, he probably wouldn't be worse, however, I can't wrap my mind around "pro 2A" and "Jerry Brown" being in the same sentence.

Note, I don't view ANY candidate for Governor as pro 2A, but I do view JB as probably being more actively hostile.

So, again, why would Jerry Brown not suck from the viewpoint of 2A and RKBA?
This was ably covered in a previous thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=281095

Only a fool would waste a general election vote on Whitman.
__________________
Making guns illegal is as stupid as making drugs or prostitution illegal.

Calguns Foundation contributor
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:07 PM
Bad Voodoo's Avatar
Bad Voodoo Bad Voodoo is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 2,892
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Glad to see I'm not the only Brown sceptic on this forum.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2010, 8:07 PM
NorCalMama's Avatar
NorCalMama NorCalMama is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Voodoo View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only Brown sceptic on this forum.
lol, tis quite refreshing! I just hope enough people realize that Brown, up until 2008 was the poster boy for the Brady Bunch and did plenty to earn a, eh hem, reputation during his first stint as Governor.

ETA: Gene-I read your post and don't disagree. However, I worry when a person's track record is what Brown's is. I guess if he had a longer history of being RKBA friendly, I wouldn't be so skeptical.
HOWEVER, I am NOT voting for Meg, I can already attest to that. Frankly, she is the Barack Obama of gubernatorial choices. YUCK!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
I'm not a big fan of VAG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
Testicles of steel, bladder of titanium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceflinch View Post
F the World Bank
F the UN &
F Obama


Sacramento Community Chapter Social Group... Join Here!

Last edited by NorCalMama; 04-16-2010 at 8:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
M1A Rifleman's Avatar
M1A Rifleman M1A Rifleman is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

What has Brown done for guns in his career, please fill-in the list:

1) Sent an brief in favor of the 2nd amendment against the states,
2) ? Said he liked guns?, Said he owned guns? , Said he shoots?

Hmm, not sure I heard him say he is for your guns, or for you owning guns. I doubt he hot on UOC let along shall issue. Just a thought.

The Republicans have their own problems, but I not yet convinced that Brown is sooo pro-gun.
__________________
The only thing that is worse than an idiot, is someone who argues with one.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-20-2010, 2:52 PM
Glock22Fan's Avatar
Glock22Fan Glock22Fan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 5,752
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1A Rifleman View Post
What has Brown done for guns in his career, please fill-in the list:

1) Sent an brief in favor of the 2nd amendment against the states,
2) ? Said he liked guns?, Said he owned guns? , Said he shoots?

Hmm, not sure I heard him say he is for your guns, or for you owning guns. I doubt he hot on UOC let along shall issue. Just a thought.

The Republicans have their own problems, but I not yet convinced that Brown is sooo pro-gun.
How many times does it have to be posted that Brown has done a lot more than send a brief?

He downgraded the firearms bureau to a department. He got rid of Iggie. He gagged Allison. The department has been very quiet while he has been in control. No attempts at underground regulations, no hassling of legal firearm owners. I've probably forgotten a few things too.

This information has been posted over and over, by me and (better) by Bill and by others.

I'm amazed that you, with the number of posts you make, haven't read any of these.
Quote:

I doubt he hot on UOC let along shall issue
Don't know about Jerry, but my priorities wouldn't be that way around.
__________________
John -- bitter gun owner.

All opinions expressed here are my own unless I say otherwise.
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:10 PM
bigstick61 bigstick61 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,462
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Yeah, definitely not voting for Brown. If I'm going to get screwed by either of the major candidates I'd rather not vote for them. People are deluding themselves if they think Brown's ideas are conducive to a prosperous State. But again, we're screwed either way. And it's not like Brown can write gun legislation.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:13 PM
bigcalidave's Avatar
bigcalidave bigcalidave is offline
Pre-Banned
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 4,813
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Be skeptic, doesn't matter. Fact is I won't support ANY of the BS republican candidates. None of us should, until someone running as a republican actually acts like one... So if you rule out Meg Whitman or Poizner, that leaves us with JB... THEN JB goes and issues a pro-constitution, pro-2A amicus brief, and makes himself the only (slightly) viable candidate.

Like you guys said, we are screwed either way. Why not go with someone with a CHANCE of not ****ing us deeper into this hole?
__________________
Contact me about Advertising on Calguns.net
Marketing Director, Calguns.net
Dave Shore
NRA Life Member



Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:16 PM
MP301's Avatar
MP301 MP301 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Now in Las Vegas NV
Posts: 4,181
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

Yup...like it or not, Brown is the best choice.

It breaks down like this...

Brown is the only one that has shown anything positive for 2a rights whatsoever out of the possibole candidates

The "Right People" here whom, incidentloy are our best hope for positive 2a rights accomplishments think that Brown is the best choice.

How stupid would you have to be to trust some rish *** hat from the bay area (Feinstein and Palosi ring a bell?) regardless of what poarty they affiliate with?

Brown or Whitam will win. Whitman is throwing millions of her own money at the race. Any vote for anyone other then Brown is a vote for Whitman...like it or not.

I have always voted Republican my entire life up to th is point. Its not that I always liked the Republican candidate more, I have just liked the Democrat one less. I will vote for Brown this time. I guess there is a first time for eveything...
__________________
Any Questions about Front Sight memberships or specific information about attending, Feel Free to send me a PM!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:22 PM
woodsman's Avatar
woodsman woodsman is offline
Senior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 555
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

At this stage of the game I have no idea who will get my vote. I only know who won't get it.
__________________
"The Right Of The People To
Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed"

Nuff Said....!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:31 PM
Pvt. Cowboy Pvt. Cowboy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,688
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP301 View Post
The "Right People" here whom, incidentloy are our best hope for positive 2a rights accomplishments think that Brown is the best choice.
I wonder why, considering that CA's 'waiting period' on handgun purchases -- the first ever in the nation -- was signed by Governor Jerry Brown.

Also, the CalGuns Foundation as a fully qualified 501(c)(3) tax deductible organization should not be taking such positions.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:37 PM
a1c's Avatar
a1c a1c is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lake County, CA
Posts: 9,079
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Cowboy View Post
I wonder why, considering that CA's 'waiting period' on handgun purchases -- the first ever in the nation -- was signed by Governor Jerry Brown.

Also, the CalGuns Foundation as a fully qualified 501(c)(3) tax deductible organization should not be taking such positions.
Why?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-16-2010, 5:54 PM
Pvt. Cowboy Pvt. Cowboy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,688
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1c View Post
Why?
Because they can't and said they wouldn't?

Quote:
What we can’t do:
[...]
2. Make statements in any campaign for a public office.
Calguns Foundation will support the activities and expenses of Calguns.net but we do not own the forum or the domain name. What members of the board of Calguns Foundation post on Calguns.net is not necessarily the opinion of the Calguns Foundation – unless it is marked pretty clearly that it is (kind of like this post.)
I think board members of a tax deductible non-profit organization should steer clear from this sort of tacit political endorsement altogether. It's difficult to rationale the notion that on one site there's no explicit political endorsements being made, yet come on over here to the rumpus room that bears the same name and you can find the leaders saying "Let's all unite to vote for our best friend Candidate X" where they're, ahem, allegedly doing it on their own time.

Now I know that progressive tax deductible non-profit organizations do this sort of thing all time and get away with it. What's different here is that CalGuns is a perpetual thorn in the side of the CA Department of Justice and has made sworn enemies of career DOJ bureaucrats.

That's my view, anyway. If you reject my opinion, click on through and warm regards to you sir.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-16-2010, 9:32 PM
sarge1572 sarge1572 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90631
Posts: 1,090
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Cowboy View Post
Because they can't and said they wouldn't?



I think board members of a tax deductible non-profit organization should steer clear from this sort of tacit political endorsement altogether. It's difficult to rationale the notion that on one site there's no explicit political endorsements being made, yet come on over here to the rumpus room that bears the same name and you can find the leaders saying "Let's all unite to vote for our best friend Candidate X" where they're, ahem, allegedly doing it on their own time.

Now I know that progressive tax deductible non-profit organizations do this sort of thing all time and get away with it. What's different here is that CalGuns is a perpetual thorn in the side of the CA Department of Justice and has made sworn enemies of career DOJ bureaucrats.

That's my view, anyway. If you reject my opinion, click on through and warm regards to you sir.

So you're saying that because someone is willing to take time to be a BOARD member that they give up their first amendment right to free speech? I haven't read a single thread that says, I'm a Board member and believe CalGuns should endorse (or oppose) candidate so and so.

That's not the way the system works. The ORGANIZATION can't endorse or oppose, members, INCLUDING BOARD members CAN and SHOULD speak freely about their political convictions.

With that said, Apparently most of the people on this thread and ALL of the Brown supporters, don't remember what he did to kalifornia the LAST time he was governor. Look what great shape he left Oakland in.

I wouldn't vote for jerry brown for dog $h!t collector if he was the only guy running.

Now, don't ASSUME (you KNOW what that means, right?) that I'm voting for Witless or that other political hack Poisen-er. If people voted for the best CANDIDATE instead of blindly following political lines (and many of you here are guilty of that) we'd have a decent governor.

I'm actively looking out of kalifornia for a new home. The gun restrictions are bad enough, but a $200 billion debt, increasing at roughly $20 billion a year, a business UNfriendly policy, increased taxes (10 1/2% sales tax alone in parts of LA Co) increased income taxes, drought, increasing population, gridlock.... and on ad infinitum. Anyway, I can't see myself staying here. No one in state government is willing to make the hard choices and the majority of kalifornians will only vote for a republican or a democrat or the incumbent.

Hope to be gone before their term begins. Good luck. Will the last one out please turn off the lights

Jeff

Last edited by sarge1572; 04-16-2010 at 9:35 PM.. Reason: spelling edit
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-16-2010, 6:13 PM
Sleepy McGee's Avatar
Sleepy McGee Sleepy McGee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,058
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I think people are overlooking the fact that Whitman has to defeat Poizner in the Republican primary election on June 8 to advance to the final election against Brown. I predict an upset victory for Poizner. No self respecting righty can, in good conscience, ever vote for Whitman (or Brown), that's for sure. I conducted an informal poll in this group a few weeks ago about the Republican primary and Poizner won by a margin of ~5:1 over Whitman.

To enable you to form your own opinion, I've provided the following brief descriptors from the recent poll describing the three candidates stance on issues of concern:

------------------------------------------------------------
Jerry Brown

guns-
Jerry Brown, when running for AG, pulled a .50 BMG round out of his pocket when debating changes to CA guns laws and talked about how access to such equipment was a threat to civil society. He has opposed making CA a shall issue state. He has never wavered on the CA AWB or single gun a month. I have heard nothing about him opposing the coming restrictions on ammo sales. Filed an amicus brief in the Chicago case urging SCOTUS to grant cert and hear the case.

illegals-
LOS ANGELES -- In an interview with Spanish-language daily La Opinión, California Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Jerry Brown said he would not support driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants, but would support immigration reform. "As state attorney general and chief upholder of the law, I can't support licenses, but I would do everything in my power to promote immigration reform," he said. Brown called undocumented immigrants "an important part of our social and economic life." He said he would work closely with the Mexican president on issues such as energy, drugs and arms trafficking, and the fate of tens of thousands of Mexican citizens who are currently incarcerated in California.
source: La Opinión
------------------------------------------------------------------

Meg Whitman

guns -
“I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and our clear constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I believe current gun laws need to be enforced but we do not need any new restrictions on gun owners. Second Amendment rights must be rigorously protected.”
source www.megwhitman.com

illegals -
SAN YSIDRO — With the San Ysidro border fence as her backdrop, Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman spoke out on immigration policy issues yesterday, saying it is “simply not practical” to deport the estimated 12.5 million illegal immigrants living and working in the United States. The candidate said the solution is to find a mechanism that allows them to live here legally. “Can we get a fair program where people stand at the back of the line, they pay a fine, they do some things that would ultimately allow a path to legalization?” she asked.

source http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...candida/?metro

----------------------------------------------------------------\
Steve Poizner

guns -
Steve is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and opposes any attempts to chip away at the right that every Californian has to keep and bear arms. Steve believes that the Founders of the Constitution were crystal clear when establishing that people have the right to own guns for both recreational and defensive purposes. Steve opposes any new gun laws and will closely examine existing gun laws. He also opposes California’s recently passed ammunition registration law (AB 962), and will seek its repeal as governor.
source www.stevepoizner.com

illegals -
"California simply cannot continue to ignore the strain that illegal immigration puts on our budget and economy. Illegal aliens cost taxpayers in our state billions of dollars each year. Ten other states, including neighboring Arizona, have passed laws to cut taxpayer-funded benefits for illegal immigrants. We need such legislation too. In this time of fiscal crisis, we can't afford to subsidize the presence of illegal aliens. One taxpayer-funded benefit for illegal aliens that should be stopped is in-state tuition at our public colleges and universities.
"Today, California is one of just 10 states that allow illegal immigrants access to reduced college tuition at taxpayer expense. California must also do its part to help secure the border by deploying the state's National Guard to assist federal authorities. We should also work with other border states to create a multi-state partnership for sharing information, resources and manpower."
source http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...er27-2010mar27
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-16-2010, 11:13 PM
elSquid's Avatar
elSquid elSquid is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Left coast.
Posts: 9,647
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy McGee View Post
Meg Whitman

guns -
“I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and our clear constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I believe current gun laws need to be enforced but we do not need any new restrictions on gun owners. Second Amendment rights must be rigorously protected.”
source www.megwhitman.com
http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-1...hts-budget-gap

Whitman said she supports abortion rights - including public funding for abortions - and believes tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California.

Asked if she would favor cutting benefits such as welfare or health care to illegal immigrants, Whitman said that although border enforcement is important she would not support such cuts, because "whether they're legal or illegal (immigrants), those benefits go to children ... and we have to protect the children."


-- Michael
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-17-2010, 12:25 AM
MP301's Avatar
MP301 MP301 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Now in Las Vegas NV
Posts: 4,181
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-1...hts-budget-gap

Whitman said she supports abortion rights - including public funding for abortions - and believes tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California.

Asked if she would favor cutting benefits such as welfare or health care to illegal immigrants, Whitman said that although border enforcement is important she would not support such cuts, because "whether they're legal or illegal (immigrants), those benefits go to children ... and we have to protect the children."


-- Michael

For the children! Where have we heard that before.............
__________________
Any Questions about Front Sight memberships or specific information about attending, Feel Free to send me a PM!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-18-2010, 9:19 PM
rambo's Avatar
rambo rambo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 278
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy McGee View Post
I think people are overlooking the fact that Whitman has to defeat Poizner in the Republican primary election on June 8 to advance to the final election against Brown. I predict an upset victory for Poizner. No self respecting righty can, in good conscience, ever vote for Whitman (or Brown), that's for sure. I conducted an informal poll in this group a few weeks ago about the Republican primary and Poizner won by a margin of ~5:1 over Whitman.

To enable you to form your own opinion, I've provided the following brief descriptors from the recent poll describing the three candidates stance on issues of concern:

------------------------------------------------------------
Jerry Brown

guns-
Jerry Brown, when running for AG, pulled a .50 BMG round out of his pocket when debating changes to CA guns laws and talked about how access to such equipment was a threat to civil society. He has opposed making CA a shall issue state. He has never wavered on the CA AWB or single gun a month. I have heard nothing about him opposing the coming restrictions on ammo sales. Filed an amicus brief in the Chicago case urging SCOTUS to grant cert and hear the case.

illegals-
LOS ANGELES -- In an interview with Spanish-language daily La Opinión, California Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Jerry Brown said he would not support driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants, but would support immigration reform. "As state attorney general and chief upholder of the law, I can't support licenses, but I would do everything in my power to promote immigration reform," he said. Brown called undocumented immigrants "an important part of our social and economic life." He said he would work closely with the Mexican president on issues such as energy, drugs and arms trafficking, and the fate of tens of thousands of Mexican citizens who are currently incarcerated in California.
source: La Opinión
------------------------------------------------------------------

Meg Whitman

guns -
“I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and our clear constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I believe current gun laws need to be enforced but we do not need any new restrictions on gun owners. Second Amendment rights must be rigorously protected.”
source www.megwhitman.com

illegals -
SAN YSIDRO — With the San Ysidro border fence as her backdrop, Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman spoke out on immigration policy issues yesterday, saying it is “simply not practical” to deport the estimated 12.5 million illegal immigrants living and working in the United States. The candidate said the solution is to find a mechanism that allows them to live here legally. “Can we get a fair program where people stand at the back of the line, they pay a fine, they do some things that would ultimately allow a path to legalization?” she asked.

source http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...candida/?metro

----------------------------------------------------------------\
Steve Poizner

guns -
Steve is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and opposes any attempts to chip away at the right that every Californian has to keep and bear arms. Steve believes that the Founders of the Constitution were crystal clear when establishing that people have the right to own guns for both recreational and defensive purposes. Steve opposes any new gun laws and will closely examine existing gun laws. He also opposes California’s recently passed ammunition registration law (AB 962), and will seek its repeal as governor.
source www.stevepoizner.com

illegals -
"California simply cannot continue to ignore the strain that illegal immigration puts on our budget and economy. Illegal aliens cost taxpayers in our state billions of dollars each year. Ten other states, including neighboring Arizona, have passed laws to cut taxpayer-funded benefits for illegal immigrants. We need such legislation too. In this time of fiscal crisis, we can't afford to subsidize the presence of illegal aliens. One taxpayer-funded benefit for illegal aliens that should be stopped is in-state tuition at our public colleges and universities.
"Today, California is one of just 10 states that allow illegal immigrants access to reduced college tuition at taxpayer expense. California must also do its part to help secure the border by deploying the state's National Guard to assist federal authorities. We should also work with other border states to create a multi-state partnership for sharing information, resources and manpower."
source http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...er27-2010mar27
Steve sounds great if you can believe him! i know you can not believe Meg or at least I dont. voting for JB has crossed my mind just because it might teach the republicans to run a real conservitive in CA if they want to win. If they keep winning with these rino's there will never be any real hope and we all see what a few liberal states can cause right now. GOD help CA its lose lose. lets just hope we can control the bleeding and at get rid of pelosi boxer....probaly will not happen but pray!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-16-2010, 6:32 PM
Bad Voodoo's Avatar
Bad Voodoo Bad Voodoo is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 2,892
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Cowboy View Post
I wonder why, considering that CA's 'waiting period' on handgun purchases -- the first ever in the nation -- was signed by Governor Jerry Brown.

Also, the CalGuns Foundation as a fully qualified 501(c)(3) tax deductible organization should not be taking such positions.
I've made that point previously. As a supporting contributor to CGF the level of "vehement opinion" publicly expressed on this forum by CGF board members re: various issues and candidates is frankly, troubling.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-16-2010, 9:23 PM
ddestruel ddestruel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 835
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Cowboy View Post
I wonder why, considering that CA's 'waiting period' on handgun purchases -- the first ever in the nation -- was signed by Governor Jerry Brown.

Also, the CalGuns Foundation as a fully qualified 501(c)(3) tax deductible organization should not be taking such positions.
I remember Brown years ago. i dont like sequels and i dont like repeats. career politicians are as bad as those that buy themselves in we have a serious problem this year in the playing field and no matter who you support or presume to understand. Your predictions are no different than the history of this state. History repeats itself, people don't change and what you see is what you get.

Somebody put him in a corner about AB 962 or any other gun legislation that's been passed he has never taken a stand against anything CA has implemented..... then you'll know where he really stands. He wont take a firm position because he doesn't have one. I remember browns previous bill signing history when governor.

history repeats itself!

we all want change in CA but ........... people don't change i don't like the rinos but with Brown Talk is cheap and a few recent minor actions do little to change his history.

Last edited by ddestruel; 04-17-2010 at 7:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-24-2010, 9:20 AM
Sunwolf's Avatar
Sunwolf Sunwolf is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Out in the Tules
Posts: 7,445
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Cowboy View Post
I wonder why, considering that CA's 'waiting period' on handgun purchases -- the first ever in the nation -- was signed by Governor Jerry Brown.

Also, the CalGuns Foundation as a fully qualified 501(c)(3) tax deductible organization should not be taking such positions.
There was a waiting period in California long before Brown was in office.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:27 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.