Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 04-15-2019, 2:13 PM

Default Crosman 1377

Is there anywhere I can go find out if this air pistol is worth offering for sale, I have no idea what it's worth or if there is even people out there that want these things.
Thanks
elk hunter
Attachment 796286

Last edited by elk hunter; 04-22-2019 at 1:43 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 3:33 PM

they are worth about 35-40 bucks.
Old 04-16-2019, 7:49 AM

First, thanks to both of you. This belonged to my late FIL and he passed away around 20 years ago. Yes they are plastic, no I have never shot this. I'm trying to decide what to do with this air pistol, I already have a .22 cal. Sears CO2 that's all I will need. I will probably clean and oil this other one and give it to one of the grandkids if they want it if not it will go in a yard sale.
Regards
elk hunter
Old 04-16-2019, 11:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk hunter View Post
First, thanks to both of you. This belonged to my late FIL and he passed away around 20 years ago. Yes they are plastic, no I have never shot this. I'm trying to decide what to do with this air pistol, I already have a .22 cal. Sears CO2 that's all I will need. I will probably clean and oil this other one and give it to one of the grandkids if they want it if not it will go in a yard sale.
Regards
elk hunter
If you occasionally dispatch pests on or around the house, the 1377 is invaluable. It's far better than a CO2 gun because you can't leave a CO2 cartridge in the gun indefinitely. So when that pest appears on your roof or wall, good luck loading up that CO2 rifle with a cartridge and pellet before the pest is long gone.

If you know you have to take a shot against the house (roof, eaves, stucco), you can vary the power of the 1377 by choosing how many pumps. That way you have enough power to dispatch the pest, but not enough power to do damage to your home. Try that with a PCP, break barrel, or CO2 gun.

The 2 best guns I've owned for that type of pest work are the Crosman 2100 and the Crosman 1377. You can also get an accessory rifle stock for the 1377 to steady your shot if you need to.

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue! - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 04-16-2019, 11:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

For a good time, get on you tube and do a search on the 1377 and 1322. A few people argue they are the ideal survival/bug out gun. Everybody has their own opinion and we all know what opinions are like but there are some good thoughts.

I'm seriously considering adding a Crossman 1322 to my back country survival kit.

Front Sight Commander Member www.frontsight.com
NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
NRA Instructor: Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Range Safety Officer
Range Safety Officer - South Bay Rod and Gun Club www.sbrgc.org
Old 04-16-2019, 7:03 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have 3 of those. All are about the same vintage you have there in the photo. Plastic grips and plastic forearm. I found that the seals are no good after 20 years, so you should test yours to make sure it holds a charge after pumping. Personally, I'd keep it - pretty handy to have.

Turby
Old 04-16-2019, 7:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

PM sent.....