Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 06-09-2017, 5:20 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks bro! I was actually thinking of painting it...same gray at the surface plate stand. It took me months to get it all together and build it. All my equipment was in storage since I bought the house about 4 years ago.
Old 06-12-2017, 3:32 PM

Default A BIT MESSY BUT IT WORKS, LOL...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170612_163058.jpg (93.7 KB, 1528 views)

Last edited by message2rey; 09-01-2017 at 6:13 PM.. Reason: UPDATE
Old 06-12-2017, 8:05 PM
Whatever
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeusa View Post

I have a Lee turret bolted to a IKEA small bookcase in my office. For now.

I had swapped out the Lee for a Classic turret not long after this picture. Used that until tonight.

Destroyed the Ikea stand tonight, had it clamped to a nice larger stand in the garage. Resizing 30-30 for the first time and the Ikea is gone. Will post pictures. Heck, I was even using sizing lube. Damn. I have done multiple thousands of pistol rounds with this setup.
Old 06-28-2017, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierAJL View Post
Just finished installing a few more Pieces. Coming together slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bench is that you have there??

Old 06-28-2017, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfro24 View Post
What bench is that you have there??

It's from Sams club. I can't remember the model right now unfortunately.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierAJL View Post
It's from Sams club. I can't remember the model right now unfortunately.

it's the Seville classics line. I have the same one and I love it.
Quote:
I don't understand. Is he being forced out for being an ammo-grabbing fascist or for being a failure as an ammo-grabbing fascist?
Old 07-01-2017, 11:08 AM

Seville Classics UltraHD workbench.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen". Sam Adams
Old 07-02-2017, 2:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeusa View Post
I had swapped out the Lee for a Classic turret not long after this picture. Used that until tonight.

Destroyed the Ikea stand tonight, had it clamped to a nice larger stand in the garage. Resizing 30-30 for the first time and the Ikea is gone. Will post pictures. Heck, I was even using sizing lube. Damn. I have done multiple thousands of pistol rounds with this setup.
Same think happened to me FL size 308 fired in M1A...takes a lot of force no matter how well you lube it. I built my bench shown in above posts after pulling the press out of multiple cheap benches. My current setup is pretty much indestructible.
Old 07-05-2017, 2:40 PM

Default Dillon 550

Just getting started with reloading - set up the Dillon and have loaded 9mm so far. Starting on 45 auto next.

http://www.picmonkey.com/p/WHGk51cdbiy
Old 07-11-2017, 5:11 PM

I've had my press for almost a year, finally got a proper cabinet. I still haven't loaded a single round though...but almost ready.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:04 PM

Built a bench in my bedroom so I can reload while watching tv or whatever. Used 2x4's with a plywood top primered and painted. Anchored the bench to a wall so it doesn't move when using the press. Just got the Lee anniversary kit. Waiting on my dies, digital scale and digital caliper to arrive. Going to add a small vise and a shelf underneath for storage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2434.jpg (88.6 KB, 351 views)
Old 07-12-2017, 8:14 PM

hmvan --=--

You may wanna consider beefing up that shelf the loader is mounted to, especially if you're gonna load rifle. .75" just isn't enough to last very long.
Old 07-12-2017, 8:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfan View Post
Built a bench in my bedroom so I can reload while watching tv or whatever. Used 2x4's with a plywood top primered and painted. Anchored the bench to a wall so it doesn't move when using the press. Just got the Lee anniversary kit. Waiting on my dies, digital scale and digital caliper to arrive. Going to add a small vise and a shelf underneath for storage.
You may want to re-think your strategy of watching TV or whatever while you reload. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Also, think about having static build up on carpet. I've heard of stories of people setting off primers in a primer tube due to the static build up. The jury may still be out on that, but the first step in reloading, like shooting, is safety.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 07-12-2017, 9:12 PM

Hit the 6000 mark in about 11 months.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:13 PM

Smallest reloading station
Old 07-13-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
You may want to re-think your strategy of watching TV or whatever while you reload. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Also, think about having static build up on carpet. I've heard of stories of people setting off primers in a primer tube due to the static build up. The jury may still be out on that, but the first step in reloading, like shooting, is safety.
Going to use two sheets of plywood as flooring right in front of the bench. Something to make cleanup easier and non permanent. I also need to make a wood chair or something to sit on. I have a static wrist band for when working on electronics. Touching bare metal occasionally helps also.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoman View Post
hmvan --=--

You may wanna consider beefing up that shelf the loader is mounted to, especially if you're gonna load rifle. .75" just isn't enough to last very long.

I'm going to put a crossmember underneath for added strength.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Just finished up my reloading bench yesterday, now I just need time to dial it in start my first batch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reloading Bench - Small.jpg (45.4 KB, 380 views)
Old 07-22-2017, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17+1 View Post
Kind of ghetto, but it works pretty well so far. Have the vice so I can change out from trimming to throwing powder. Bench was too small to mount everything. I also have an RCBS digital scale not shown.

The bench is a surface plate stand work was going to throw out so I made a redwood base with oak plywood over it. Casters are from mc MasterCarr as are the knife edge inserts. I made the pressmount on a drill press from scrap material we had in machine shop at work. Work light on the side also has a magnifier think I got it from grainger. Have a Lyman tumbler as well. I used 3/8-16 bolts and washer to mount the vice. 1/4-20 screws and washers for the press.

I plan on selling this house eventually so I wanted something I could roll onto a moving truck. I think I'd say mission accomplished in that regard. It ismoveable and super sturdy, which is what I was going for.

Let me know your thoughts! I still need a way to better organize bullets and accessories. We were going to check out the container store, or IKEA or something.

The tray mounted under the trimmer is a great idea! I think I'll be pulling mine apart to do the same thing.
Old 07-22-2017, 6:51 PM

does anyone get a prize for smallest room? mine is 5' x 5'
i really wish it were bigger but i get by.

Old 07-22-2017, 7:34 PM

These are all nice benches but I have a question. Is anyone concerned with leaving there supplies in the open (powder, dies, etc) above or under their bench. My reloading setup is in my garage and I often leave my garage door open and am just not comfortable with prying eyes.
Old 07-22-2017, 7:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnative13 View Post
Is anyone concerned with leaving there supplies in the open (powder, dies, etc) above or under their bench.
Not at all.

Quote:
My reloading setup is in my garage and I often leave my garage door open and am just not comfortable with prying eyes.
Why not? Have the Antis convinced you that there's something wrong about owning guns? If you think that you're neighbors have bought into that narrative, then it's up to you to change the narrative and take control of the message about responsible gun ownership.

Old 07-22-2017, 8:21 PM

Quote:
These are all nice benches but I have a question. Is anyone concerned with leaving there supplies in the open (powder, dies, etc) above or under their bench. My reloading setup is in my garage and I often leave my garage door open and am just not comfortable with prying eyes.
Why would you want to advertise to the world that there is or there could be something worth stealing?

Be mindful
Old 07-22-2017, 8:29 PM

Yeah, my stuff is the garage as well. I put up some of the office cubical walls around it to keep those prying eyes off my stuff.
The cubical walls leave open space above 7 feet to help keep the temperature even, not enclosed enough to make it stuffy either.
I DO NOT want anyone to know what I have, it's none of their business and I don't want to get ripped off, or even an attempt....not because of 'antis'.
Old 07-22-2017, 8:44 PM

Here's my simple setup
Old 07-22-2017, 9:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This is actually a good question. I keep my press covered when not in use. Anytime we open the garage, you wouldn't see any of my stuff or the press. You'd have to look real hard and recognize the Dillon Blue peeking out from underneath the box. And, unless I'm working on my car, my garage door is shut. Occasionally I'll crack it open a foot or so to let the cool air in when I'm reloading.

I do it for the same reasons as you. I don't want anyone to know that I have guns. That would make me a target for their 'friends' to come in when I'm not here. Or heck, even when I AM here. (Both me and the wife are strapped 100% of the time though). Plus, I'm in a anti-gun East Bay/Contra Costa. Pot heads have more rights than a gun owner.

And, I know that there must be a lot of people who feel the same way. I see the insides of houses and garages all the time for work. I have yet to see a reloading press out in the open. I've seen gun safes, but even then, it's extremely rare.

Happy shooting and be safe!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 07-27-2017, 1:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxsmart View Post
The tray mounted under the trimmer is a great idea! I think I'll be pulling mine apart to do the same thing.
Old 07-27-2017, 9:26 PM

Northerner, I'd like to say my location is smaller than 5'x5'. I have a desk converted to loading station for the time being...

Old 09-02-2017, 7:23 AM

Hat everyone experiance with t track and there benches?im debating it for my multi year work in process butcher block bench,only because as a newb,i mounted it dead center which years later everyone said you should have put it to one side.i plan on adding a second press to said bench this year and seeing alot of stuff with t track so had to ask
Old 09-03-2017, 7:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller View Post
Hat everyone experiance with t track and there benches?im debating it for my multi year work in process butcher block bench,only because as a newb,i mounted it dead center which years later everyone said you should have put it to one side.i plan on adding a second press to said bench this year and seeing alot of stuff with t track so had to ask
I use t-track in a few woodworking tables and such and I'm going to say no. Not something I would or will put on my reloading bench. Really necessary on a router table or a drill press table, but also a source of constant cleaning.

They fill up with junk and really don't provide as much utility as you think. You end up mounting things in the same place time and again, reducing utility.

I would rather come up with a mounting method based on some 1 ft x 1 ft 3/4" MDF boards with 4 screws in the corners for most of my accessories and then a strong mount or inline fab mount for the press(es). I use an inline mount and have plates for my two presses.

You can put in threaded brass inserts in a few places for the accessory mounts.

Currently, my "temporary" reloading bench is a spare woodworking bench made from salvaged 4x12 lumber (very heavy). I share it with multiple activities. I just drill where ever I want as I don't care. Future bench (in Tennessee) will be a bit more sophisticated.
Old 09-03-2017, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in California View Post
I use t-track in a few woodworking tables and such and I'm going to say no. Not something I would or will put on my reloading bench. Really necessary on a router table or a drill press table, but also a source of constant cleaning.

They fill up with junk and really don't provide as much utility as you think. You end up mounting things in the same place time and again, reducing utility.

I would rather come up with a mounting method based on some 1 ft x 1 ft 3/4" MDF boards with 4 screws in the corners for most of my accessories and then a strong mount or inline fab mount for the press(es). I use an inline mount and have plates for my two presses.

You can put in threaded brass inserts in a few places for the accessory mounts.

Currently, my "temporary" reloading bench is a spare woodworking bench made from salvaged 4x12 lumber (very heavy). I share it with multiple activities. I just drill where ever I want as I don't care. Future bench (in Tennessee) will be a bit more sophisticated.
I actually did a t-track setup but only on half the bench. Similar idea with the 1 x 1 and a inline fab riser. The tracks do fill up with residual powder and what not but it's not that bad to clean. Figured whenever I needed the space I could remove the mount and use the t-tracks with clamps to hold down things if I needed another set of hands. So far it's worked out well.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench.jpg (60.3 KB, 1713 views)
Old 09-03-2017, 2:18 PM

Default The loading room and range at Hang Fast Targets

This is the Hang Fast Targets test lab and range !

THE MOST INNOVATIVE TARGET SOLUTION ON THE MARKET

SIMPLE = AFFORDABLE

10% off to Calgunners !! Use code: CALGUNS10
www.hangfasttargets.com
Old 10-14-2017, 4:30 AM

Default static

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post

There is a fair amount of reports on this. I read more then one story on CalGuns that talks about people that have had static charge set off a tube of primers, and a couple of them stated that they almost lost fingers... If you are going to load in a room with carpet, go to a place and get a anti static mat that will keep you safe...
Old 10-14-2017, 4:34 AM

Default dust cover

[QUOTE=XDJYo;20407324]This is actually a good question. I keep my press covered when not in use. Anytime we open the garage, you wouldn't see any of my stuff or the press. You'd have to look real hard and recognize the Dillon Blue peeking out from underneath the box. And, unless I'm working on my car, my garage door is shut. Occasionally I'll crack it open a foot or so to let the cool air in when I'm reloading.

QUOTE]

I keep mine covered also. Two reason, my neighbors do not need to see my reloading set up. As small as it is. Also I keep it covered to keep the dust and dirt off of it. I live on a corner, next to a really busy road. Do not need anymore dust then I already have...
Old 11-08-2017, 6:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagedeveloper View Post
There is a fair amount of reports on this. I read more then one story on CalGuns that talks about people that have had static charge set off a tube of primers, and a couple of them stated that they almost lost fingers... If you are going to load in a room with carpet, go to a place and get a anti static mat that will keep you safe...
Why would static electricity set off loose primers but not loaded rounds?
Old 01-06-2018, 4:29 PM

All this work is because I got a rock crusher master reload kit for christmas.

DAY 1
Project Reload/Helicopter bench.

Intro:
My new Powder room/RC heli room is also the wifes Office. Becase of this just a normal work bench won't cut it.

The top base is 1"1/8 ply.
The finish top is Lumber Liquidators 2 1/2" Utility Oak flooring @ .99 cents square foot.

Glued up using Gorilla Wood glue and 1.5 inch 15 ga finish nails.

I used a furnture clamp to convince every one Into position before I nailed it home.

Once it Dries I will trim it and run the grinder over the joints and distress it.

Stay Tuned...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 10:30 AM

This is my favorite place in the house, I spend more time here then my living room! I do have all of my presses mounted on a hardwood “T’s” and then I can mount it in my vice, this works great even with my Dillon Progressive, and we all need a good vice on a workbench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench2.jpg (105.5 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg bench1.jpg (105.1 KB, 263 views)
Old 01-12-2018, 7:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamp62 View Post
This is my favorite place in the house, I spend more time here then my living room! I do have all of my presses mounted on a hardwood “T’s” and then I can mount it in my vice, this works great even with my Dillon Progressive, and we all need a good vice on a workbench.
Awesome garage!
Old 01-12-2018, 6:15 PM

Thank you glock nor
I just wish I had a little more room......but then i would fill it with more toys !!!
Old 01-20-2018, 8:32 AM

I wanted to get into reloading shotshells, but didn't want to give up any space on my reloading bench, so I came up with this: the Shot Shell Shelf!

Last edited by gratefuldog; 01-20-2018 at 8:47 AM.. Reason: trying to get the pics right...