Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-20-2018, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
So, you think that the party that supports gun rights doesn't care about poor people.

That's laughable on so many fronts.

You think the dems throwing poor people a bone with benefits (not their money) helps them in the long run. Because its been one hell of a long run and they are still on the plantation.

Actually that pretty accurately sums up my experience with Republican party members. Anyone who's poor is lazy, and anyone who accepts help is a moocher. Anyone who owns a corporation, no matter how exploitative, is a job creator, even if they cannibalize small businesses and then underpay employees. Anyone who argues against corporate mistreatment of skilled laborers is a communist, and anyone who thinks we could do better to spend money on our own infrastructure instead of corporate profiteering on war is a militarily hating traitor, and anyone who wants the government to keep religiously affiliated morality out of politics is un-American. And I'm tired of it. I know that's not everyone. But I'm tired of people towing the party line instead of looking out for less fortunate Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns." -Unknown (possibly Tim Moen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allhailflintlocks View Post
Gun owners need to be the new illegals - undocumented firearm possessors if you will.
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrat View Post
Before long, the Feds via A.D.A. will probably require manufacturers to include Braille markings to accommodate blind shooters.....
Old 08-20-2018, 5:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdc View Post
Actually that pretty accurately sums up my experience with Republican party members. Anyone who's poor is lazy, and anyone who accepts help is a moocher. Anyone who owns a corporation, no matter how exploitative, is a job creator, even if they cannibalize small businesses and then underpay employees. Anyone who argues against corporate mistreatment of skilled laborers is a communist, and anyone who thinks we could do better to spend money on our own infrastructure instead of corporate profiteering on war is a militarily hating traitor, and anyone who wants the government to keep religiously affiliated morality out of politics is un-American. And I'm tired of it. I know that's not everyone. But I'm tired of people towing the party line instead of looking out for less fortunate Americans.

No, its not everyone. It's a cherry picked mess. Both sides are guilty of this type of stereotyping, and it's why this country is so divided.
Old 08-20-2018, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
No, its not everyone. It's a cherry picked mess. Both sides are guilty of this type of stereotyping, and it's why this country is so divided.

Agreed. But this is my experience, even in these forums.

"I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns." -Unknown (possibly Tim Moen)
Quote:
Gun owners need to be the new illegals - undocumented firearm possessors if you will.
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Before long, the Feds via A.D.A. will probably require manufacturers to include Braille markings to accommodate blind shooters.....
Old 08-21-2018, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Good assessment of many conservatives. But as an independent, I see most of the Dems portray anyone who is poor as a victim; anyone who lives off of government subsidies is deserving; anyone who owns a profitable corporation succeeded on the backs of the poor; any employer who pays minimum wage is greedy; labor unions should direct the course of a company rather than the people who own the company; we should raise taxes for infrastructure - but its fine to spend the money "fighting" global warming instead; war and military spending is unacceptable - unless their president does it; religion is bad - even though religious organizations do the majority of the actual work helping the poor; religious morality should be kept out of government - but acceptance of alternative lifestyles should be forced upon everyone; we must protect the 1st amendment - unless they find something offensive; overpopulation is one of our biggest problems, but opening up the border to millions of immigrants is fine; the 2nd amendment is outdated; any election they don't win is illegitimate, but winning elections by conveniently "finding" trunks full of ballots is legitimate; the FBI/CIA/DEA/BATF are oppressive tools of the government - unless they are used on Republicans; disagreeing with a Democrat means you are a racist, sexists, or homophobic; FOX news is one-sided, but CNN is totally neutral; people shouldn't resort to violence, but its fine that violence takes place every time a group of democrats protest anything; The government needs to protect us from ourselves.

As an independent libertarian-leaning atheist, I know that both sides are the enemy. Our only hope is to maintain the separation of powers and keep constitutionalist judges (rather than activists) in the courts.

I must also admit the the Democrat party is farther removed from constitutional principles than the Republican party. You would have to be blind not to see that.
Old 08-28-2018, 5:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Good assessment of many conservatives. But as an independent, I see most of the Dems portray anyone who is poor as a victim; anyone who lives off of government subsidies is deserving; anyone who owns a profitable corporation succeeded on the backs of the poor; any employer who pays minimum wage is greedy; labor unions should direct the course of a company rather than the people who own the company; we should raise taxes for infrastructure - but its fine to spend the money "fighting" global warming instead; war and military spending is unacceptable - unless their president does it; religion is bad - even though religious organizations do the majority of the actual work helping the poor; religious morality should be kept out of government - but acceptance of alternative lifestyles should be forced upon everyone; we must protect the 1st amendment - unless they find something offensive; overpopulation is one of our biggest problems, but opening up the border to millions of immigrants is fine; the 2nd amendment is outdated; any election they don't win is illegitimate, but winning elections by conveniently "finding" trunks full of ballots is legitimate; the FBI/CIA/DEA/BATF are oppressive tools of the government - unless they are used on Republicans; disagreeing with a Democrat means you are a racist, sexists, or homophobic; FOX news is one-sided, but CNN is totally neutral; people shouldn't resort to violence, but its fine that violence takes place every time a group of democrats protest anything; The government needs to protect us from ourselves.

As an independent libertarian-leaning atheist, I know that both sides are the enemy. Our only hope is to maintain the separation of powers and keep constitutionalist judges (rather than activists) in the courts.

I must also admit the the Democrat party is farther removed from constitutional principles than the Republican party. You would have to be blind not to see that.
I am wondering how that "independent libertarian -leaning atheist " is working out for you in California?
While free state republicans are influencing primary candidates, winning elections to further gun rights,securing the blessings of liberty and prosperity,Californians are stuck with propagandized losers who either vote democrat or waste their votes on unelectable 3rd party screwballs !

The fact you consider both sides the enemy sort of proves liberty and gun rights are not high on your list of priorities.

Please tell us what portions of the GOP platform you disagree with considering you just posted everything we republicans know to be true !

In all my life I never seen such nonsense as the NRA being accused of being involved with Russianians to elect President Trump!
I think its time for public televised hearing s on this and when those charges are aired in an open forum the next step are lawsuits for slander, libel or whatever will cause the most financial penalty for this FAKE senate/swamp/democrat attempt to overthrow and overturn the 2016 Presidential election.

"LIARS MAKE
THE BEST PROMISES"
Pierce Brown

Last edited by ja308; 08-28-2018 at 5:27 AM..
Old 09-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Formerly carlosdanger

Oh oh. More connections between Ms. Butina and NRA officialdom:

Quote:
Ms. Butina’s efforts to deal in Russian jet fuel, detailed in hundreds of pages of previously unreported emails, were notable not just for their whiff of foreign intrigue but for whom they involved: David Keene, a former president of the National Rifle Association and a prominent leader of the conservative movement, who has advised Republican candidates from Ronald Reagan to Mitt Romney. They also involved Mr. Keene’s wife, Donna, a well-connected Washington lobbyist, and Ms. Butina’s boyfriend, Paul Erickson, who ran Patrick J. Buchanan’s 1992 presidential campaign and who moved in rarefied conservative circles despite allegations of fraud in three states. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/02/u...ssian-spy.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
This is pretty far removed from the original topic but a lot of it depends on the metric you use. In terms of the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, the Right seems to like only the Second Amendment and the Tenth when it suits their politics (e.g. abortion). The Left seems to like most of the 10 except the Second and only likes the Tenth when it suits their politics (e.g. environmental regulation). But then again, I guess I am blind.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

― Joseph Heller, Catch 22
Old 09-11-2018, 10:07 AM

Really. You still grasping at this straw? But why?
Old 09-11-2018, 11:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Have you not seen his posts?

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Old 09-11-2018, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Have you not seen his posts?

Carlos desperately wants a Big Nothing Burger to somehow magically
convert into a Sumptuous, Over Flowing Buffet of NRA Malfeasance.

Carlos is a text book example of a Ideologue, about as helpful to 2A
Rights as Mike “The Gun Guy” Weisser...

Noble
Old 09-13-2018, 12:22 PM

LOL sure the NRA has been subverted by the Russians.

Just called and gave the NRA some money..
Old 09-13-2018, 12:42 PM

Good to see the "family values" party is now embracing "minor" corruption in both NGOs and government.

Quote:
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Old 09-13-2018, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Good to see the "family values" party is now embracing "minor" corruption in both NGOs and government.
There is no corruption. Just bull**** smear campaign.