Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 11-16-2012, 9:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default FFL Question Regarding Price Accuracy on website

So I bought 5 lowers through JD machine in San Diego at their store. The website to this very moment says the lower is $139. When I bought them last Wednesday, they charged me $159.

Am I in the right for asking to be charged what the advertised price is on their website? I bought 5 lowers, so thats $100 bucks.
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 11-16-2012, 9:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Yes, you should be charged the correct price. Save a copy of the web page, then call and ask what is going on or wait until it is shipped to ensure that your order is not cancelled. It might be that they are charging for locks since they need to be included (CA Manufacturer to a CA resident).

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-16-2012, 9:51 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumslie View Post
So I bought 5 lowers through JD machine in San Diego at their store. The website to this very moment says the lower is $139. When I bought them last Wednesday, they charged me $159.

Am I in the right for asking to be charged what the advertised price is on their website? I bought 5 lowers, so thats $100 bucks.
It is not right or wrong. Just simply ask. The worst they can say is no. Just let us know what they say.

Customers ask for discounts all of the time. Buying 5 lowers is a good reason to get a discount. Asking because you are a cheap skate or you belong to some certain class of citizens doesn't get many discounts from me. Buying a lot of product or using cash does.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
Yes, you should be charged the correct price. Save a copy of the web page, then call and ask what is going on or wait until it is shipped to ensure that your order is not cancelled. It might be that they are charging for locks since they need to be included (CA Manufacturer to a CA resident).
They charged me $50 for the locks as well. It's not being shipped. I walked into their store and bought them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpercentfirearms View Post
It is not right or wrong. Just simply ask. The worst they can say is no. Just let us know what they say.

Customers ask for discounts all of the time. Buying 5 lowers is a good reason to get a discount. Asking because you are a cheap skate or you belong to some certain class of citizens doesn't get many discounts from me. Buying a lot of product or using cash does.
I don't want a discount. I just want to be charged whats advertised. I probably would have one or two less. I should have looked over the paperwork closely, but I was in a hurry to get back to OC to get to work.
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Many places have a web discount price, which is lower than if you walk into the place and if you don't mention the web price, then you get charged the other price. Did you say anything about the web price?

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-16-2012, 10:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I called And asked over the phone what the price was. He said $159. I said that the price online was 139. He pretty much said that it was wrong. I don't see how they have a web discount price, since the machines are right behind that door making them.
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 11-16-2012, 1:41 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumslie View Post
I called And asked over the phone what the price was. He said $159. I said that the price online was 139. He pretty much said that it was wrong. I don't see how they have a web discount price, since the machines are right behind that door making them.
It is much easier to sell them online and ship them than have to spend time with a customer in person running DROS.

Again, be polite and and say since you bought 5 of them and they were on the website, can they hook you up for buying so many with the better price. If they say no, it can't happen (which it sounds like they might be saying), then I guess you learned to check your receipt before you leave the building.
Old 11-19-2012, 7:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I went in tody to pick up my lowers. I Talked to a nice lady, who I think was the owners wife. She wrote me a check for the difference. I'm a happy customer!
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!