Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 01-14-2013, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamPie View Post
So, basically, this is a steel plate right? Kevlar/ceramic vests are nice because they are relatively lightweight.
Most ceramics (that I know of) are not "multi-hit capable". Also, if you look in to the weight of composites and ceramics, you will find these are very comparable.

Nothing wrong with ceramics or composites, other then they are very expensive and not likely not multi-hit capable.

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

"LIKE" us on Facebook! (we will post coupons and unadvertised specials on FB!)

View our Calguns Subforum!
Old 01-14-2013, 7:42 PM
Veteran Member

Now you have my attention.

Can I get a weight for a 10" x 12" plate please?

I have a large SAPI and two different ESAPI plates I'd like to compare it with.

Also, how thick is the AR500 on the curved plates?

I'm curious if they end up thicker than the green ESAPI plates after you apply the liner.
Old 01-14-2013, 7:58 PM
Veteran Member

Forgot to ask one more thing - are these being cut with a water jet or a plasma cutter?
Old 01-14-2013, 8:44 PM

TTM, What carrier are you using in the testing videos?

-NRA Member
-MSI Member
-SAF Member
-MD Designated Collector
-Utah CWP
Old 01-15-2013, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTargetMan View Post
Most ceramics (that I know of) are not "multi-hit capable". Also, if you look in to the weight of composites and ceramics, you will find these are very comparable.

Nothing wrong with ceramics or composites, other then they are very expensive and not likely not multi-hit capable.
Gonna have to call shenanigans on this one-

You're selling a steel chest plate that is multi-hit capable. If your getting hit multiple times in the chest, you are likely in a situation where your face, lower belly, groin, and arms are going to be peppered as well.

These are STEEL plates. The same steel that steel targets are made of. The same steel that is so cheap that you can't even sell it for scrap. Best case in point is worldwide law/military forces. If it was remotely effective as body armor, why wouldn't any law enforcement agency or military force, anywhere in the world, use them as body armor (It's inexpensive, and they already use it on tanks)?

How is it gonna feel? Try putting a similarly sized steel target in your backpack, and then remember that there are actually two of those in a carrier.
Old 01-15-2013, 8:17 AM
Veteran Member

Hey TeamPie -

I have an idea, you don't like the product, don't buy it and stop crapping in the thread.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, AR500 steel is not cheap and guess what?

I just weighed a 10" x 13" ceramic plate and it almost registers 8.0 lbs.

I'm not sure what thickness they are using on these steel plates yet, but I am wiling to bet that a 0.250" steel plate of similar cut does not weigh much more than that.
Old 01-15-2013, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post
Now you have my attention.

Can I get a weight for a 10" x 12" plate please?

I have a large SAPI and two different ESAPI plates I'd like to compare it with.

Also, how thick is the AR500 on the curved plates?

I'm curious if they end up thicker than the green ESAPI plates after you apply the liner.
Each of the uncoated plates are roughly 7.4 lbs for the front/back. Each 6x6 side plate is about 2.4 and each 6x8 is about 2.7. These are very close approximate weights. The coating for the front plates adds about an additional pound and side plates add under 1/2 lb of coating.

Total thickness of metal and coating is a little over 1/2".

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post
Forgot to ask one more thing - are these being cut with a water jet or a plasma cutter?
Depends which table. Some are CNC plasma cut on a water submersion table and some are CNC laser cut. Either method results in an extremely minimal heat affected zone (HAZ). We have test plates eith edge shots that held up great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBlast33 View Post
TTM, What carrier are you using in the testing videos?
The carrier we used on for the testing was a Diamondback Pretorian.

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

Old 01-15-2013, 9:24 AM

Quote:

You're selling a steel chest plate that is multi-hit capable. If your getting hit multiple times in the chest, you are likely in a situation where your face, lower belly, groin, and arms are going to be peppered as well.

These are STEEL plates. The same steel that steel targets are made of. The same steel that is so cheap that you can't even sell it for scrap. Best case in point is worldwide law/military forces. If it was remotely effective as body armor, why wouldn't any law enforcement agency or military force, anywhere in the world, use them as body armor (It's inexpensive, and they already use it on tanks)?

How is it gonna feel? Try putting a similarly sized steel target in your backpack, and then remember that there are actually two of those in a carrier.
Normally I would not even reply to your post. All I suggest is doing some research on AR500 trauma plates. Also, I would appreciate your source for lab certified AR500 so that I can get it so inexpensively.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Roger that, thanks for the info.

Have you already sold the first 30 or can I still get a discount?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM

Have you done any testing on high-velocity 5.56 rounds? Essentially, anything faster than 3000 ft/sec? The reason I ask is that those rounds are most likely to generate spash, slower rounds are more likely to pancake.
Old 01-15-2013, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatterbox View Post
Have you done any testing on high-velocity 5.56 rounds? Essentially, anything faster than 3000 ft/sec? The reason I ask is that those rounds are most likely to generate spash, slower rounds are more likely to pancake.
WATCH THE VIDEO

Look i don't even own a set of these yet, but when i have the extra money i will be buying them. The video shows what happens with the splash/frag on both uncoated and coated(rhino lined) versions.
Old 01-15-2013, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierpoe View Post
WATCH THE VIDEO
I asked about high velocity 5.56mm rounds. Since you've obviously seen the video, can you point me to where those were tested?
Old 01-15-2013, 3:20 PM

While high velocity 5.56mm rounds weren't used in the test, .308 rounds that were fragmenting upon impacting the AR500 were.

Last edited by ODub; 01-15-2013 at 3:53 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatterbox View Post
We have tested our plates against some 55gr .223 from 50 yards. Even though our plates handled the .223 nicely, these plates are not RATED to handle greater then Level III threats. Level III threats, per NIJ standards, include 6 equally spaced shots from 7.62 NATO from 50 yards. So, to not confuse anyone in to thinking they are Level IV plates, we are not officially recording the .223 impacts.

Old 01-15-2013, 9:26 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:

^Barely joined and is crapping threads? Should get banned.
Old 01-15-2013, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raitheslacker View Post
^Barely joined and is crapping threads? Should get banned.
Banned for criticizing something? I thought we lived in a society that embraces the continual challenging of its citizens.

As far as criticism goes, TheTargetMan and every entrepreneur worth their salt know that critics are your greatest asset.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Banned for criticizing something? I thought we lived in a society that embraces the continual challenging of its citizens.

As far as criticism goes, TheTargetMan and every entrepreneur worth their salt know that critics are your greatest asset.
Maybe you should have read the forum rules first. #10 Specifically.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=317836
Old 01-17-2013, 7:06 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:

Maybe if you had specific concerns, it would be fine. Instead you're lack of knowledge comes off as naive. You act as if we were fooled into thinking we're getting some space aged alloy armor. It's a premium steel capable of what target man claims. An affordable multiple hit alternative to big $$$ ceramics is the appeal. Weighs a little more than COMPARABLE ceramics (multi hit ceramics aren't as light as many think).

Anything constructive you'd like to add? Feel free.

Old 01-17-2013, 9:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

+1

Awesome work here! I remember seeing the discussion on arfcom about how to eliminate the spall and fragmentation. I'm really glad y'all came up with something.

Anyway, I might have missed it, but what kind of cut are these plates? I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to armor plates but I know the different carriers are made for different cuts.
Old 01-19-2013, 5:08 AM

Good morning guys. If you have already purchased one a set or two for this GB, expect a shipping confirmation email from our system this week. We will have the labels printed and your plates WILL ship out this week. We should have them back from the coaters on Monday or Tuesday, and it will take several days for them to actually ship. First bought, first shipped.

Can't wait until you all see them.

Also, I have received TONS of request to add new coupon codes. We have added 20 more codes. For orders placed today or later, expect about a 3 week lead time. Thanks guys!

TTM

Old 01-19-2013, 3:06 PM

just ordered thanks...
Old 01-21-2013, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal.xd View Post
just ordered thanks...
Thank you for the order.

We still have some coupon codes left!

TTM

Old 01-21-2013, 10:01 AM

Received my shipping tracking #...

-NRA Member
-MSI Member
-SAF Member
-MD Designated Collector
-Utah CWP
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Received my shipping tracking #...
As did I...

Have no carrier though...so I need to get some gorilla tape and try them on when I get them!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 AM

Got my tracking number, too!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm an armor newbie, so forgive my ignorance with the following questions.

When you want front and rear protection, I assume you use one curved for the front and one flat for the back. Or can you use a curved for both front and back?

When choosing side plates, how do you know whether to choose 6x6 or 6x8? Is it determined by the manufacturer of your plate carrier? Or is it determined by the size of the person wearing the plate carrier?

Beez said they are making a new plate carrier to accomodate the smaller size of these plates. If these plates are smaller than the standard sizes offered by the industry, will they protect as well? And what are the industry standard sizes?

I want to place an order, but need to know what to order.

Thanks.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 01-21-2013, 7:20 PM

received my tracking number on the 14th, yet still no update or plates
Old 01-22-2013, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
I'm an armor newbie, so forgive my ignorance with the following questions.

When you want front and rear protection, I assume you use one curved for the front and one flat for the back. Or can you use a curved for both front and back?

When choosing side plates, how do you know whether to choose 6x6 or 6x8? Is it determined by the manufacturer of your plate carrier? Or is it determined by the size of the person wearing the plate carrier?

Beez said they are making a new plate carrier to accomodate the smaller size of these plates. If these plates are smaller than the standard sizes offered by the industry, will they protect as well? And what are the industry standard sizes?

I want to place an order, but need to know what to order.

Thanks.
These plates are NOT smaller then the standard, which is 10"x12". We are soon offering other sizes, such as 8"x10" plates, so I'm assuming that is what they are referring to.

Most PC's can accept up to a 6x8 side plate. I'd say we equally sell 6x6 and 6x8 plates. If you have a longer torso, the 6x8 may be a better fit for you.

I personally have 2 formed plates (front and back) in my PC, but some people just prefer flat backs. Formed is highly preferred for the front, and is a nice upgrade for the back. Just my personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator13 View Post
received my tracking number on the 14th, yet still no update or plates
All items are shipping this week. We're going to Rhino in a couple of hours to pick up about half the plates. We will be packing this evening and shipping starting tomorrow for the coated plates. Thanks for your patience. I just printed the labels a few days in advance so we were prepared to ship as soon as the plates were ready.

They will start rolling in by the end of the week. Post your reviews once you receive them!

Thanks,

TTM

Old 01-22-2013, 3:18 PM

UPDATE: We're shipping orders ALL WEEK!

Took some more photos at Rhino when I went to go pick them up today. Here's how they are sprayed...

Here's a few plates waiting to get wrapped in foam paper!

Palletized and ready to ship! We will be shipping all week!

Old 01-22-2013, 7:42 PM

Excited to get mine!
Old 01-26-2013, 7:49 PM

TTM: any update on shipping?

BCS: any ETA on carriers with side pockets yet? If I buy a carrier now, will sides be available (or even compatible with the current carrier) at a later time?

-NRA Member
-MSI Member
-SAF Member
-MD Designated Collector
-Utah CWP
Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
TTM: any update on shipping?

BCS: any ETA on carriers with side pockets yet? If I buy a carrier now, will sides be available (or even compatible with the current carrier) at a later time?
We're currently shipping them. Shipped a ton last week and some mores this week. Did you get a shipping confirmation from our interface?

I know BCS is working hard to get them out. I suggest contacting them on their site.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 AM

Yes I received my shipping tracking number a week ago but it seems it hasn't been accepted by USPS yet. Just checking up on it. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

-NRA Member
-MSI Member
-SAF Member
-MD Designated Collector
-Utah CWP
Old 01-28-2013, 5:13 AM

How long does shipping take and cost?
Old 01-28-2013, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Yes I received my shipping tracking number a week ago but it seems it hasn't been accepted by USPS yet. Just checking up on it. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Check by the end of the day. We stuffed a TON of boxes yesterday and have yet to drop them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRai2001 View Post
How long does shipping take and cost?
Free shipping and no sales tax! Shipping for the GB's is going on now. We have PLENTY of plates at Rhino at the moment!

Here's the remainder of the plates at Rhino!

Old 01-28-2013, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Mine arrived today, they look nice!

Last edited by Darklyte27; 01-28-2013 at 4:11 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 12:05 AM

Got mine yesterday afternoon! Curved front and flat back. After installing, now I can see the benefit of the curved plate on the back, but the flat fits fine. The only problem that I had is the 6"X8" don't fit in my Condor rig :-(

I guess I should have measured for myself instead of trusting the manufacturer's website.

The plates look great!

The weight was 9.4 lbs for the curved and coated front, and 9.0 lbs. for the coated and flat rear.
Old 01-29-2013, 6:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODub View Post
Got mine yesterday afternoon! Curved front and flat back. After installing, now I can see the benefit of the curved plate on the back, but the flat fits fine. The only problem that I had is the 6"X8" don't fit in my Condor rig :-(

I guess I should have measured for myself instead of trusting the manufacturer's website.

The plates look great!

The weight was 9.4 lbs for the curved and coated front, and 9.0 lbs. for the coated and flat rear.
Couple of weird things..... the coated formed plate should weigh exactly the same as the coated back plate. I took 2 different plates to the post office and asked to plop them on the scale. One was 8 lbs 6 oz and the other was 8 lbs 4 oz. I figured their scale is current on calibration (would certainly hope so ) so that is how we measured our weight.

Per the PO scale, the raw steel plates are 7lbs 6 oz (or 7.4 lbs). However, I take it the variance in thickness of the Rhino can cause a slight difference in weight.

Anyhow, glad you like the plates. We take great pride in EVERYTING we manufacture.

The rest of the orders should be pouring in shortly.

Thanks!!!

TTM

Old 02-05-2013, 3:02 PM

Any timeline on the rest of the orders? My tracking # was emailed to me on 1/22 but still shows
Quote:
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

-NRA Member
-MSI Member
-SAF Member
-MD Designated Collector
-Utah CWP
Old 02-05-2013, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Any timeline on the rest of the orders? My tracking # was emailed to me on 1/22 but still shows
The remaining plates were finished this evening, but I could not pick them up because they were still "tacky". Picking them up tomorrow, packaging them tomorrow night, and shipping them all on Thrs.

After this shipment, all orders will be out!!

Thanks!!

TTM