Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-20-2018, 8:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3 View Post
I am the OP, and since you quoted me in your post, your response was directed to me. The part in bold (my emphasis) is absurd. What in the world makes you think I voted for anyone who made the CA gun laws? Your message is written in a weird fashion, but the part in bold is clear, and it is completely off-base, false, and ridiculous.

Phil
No need to even respond to that gibberish OP.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Old 09-20-2018, 9:03 AM

A year ago I never thought I'd go featureless on my ARs. But it was very easy to pin the stock, add a brake, and buy 2 Strike Industries Mega Fin grips. The grips have a thumb shelf and overall feel pretty darn good to me-- no not as good as the Ergo grips I had before but I'm still able to hold each AR w one hand upside down, etc-- they work for me.

And taking the BB off was liberating in a way. So while not perfect, I'm very happy I went the featureless route and still very much enjoy my AR's.

I'm surprised I haven't seen the Strike Industries 2nd generation Mega Fin Grips mentioned more- that thumb shelf helps me A TON.
Old 09-20-2018, 9:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo399 View Post
A year ago I never thought I'd go featureless on my ARs. But it was very easy to pin the stock, add a brake, and buy 2 Strike Industries Mega Fin grips. The grips have a thumb shelf and overall feel pretty darn good to me-- no not as good as the Ergo grips I had before but I'm still able to hold each AR w one hand upside down, etc-- they work for me.

And taking the BB off was liberating in a way. So while not perfect, I'm very happy I went the featureless route and still very much enjoy my AR's.

I'm surprised I haven't seen the Strike Industries 2nd generation Mega Fin Grips mentioned more- that thumb shelf helps me A TON.
Exactly the same experience as me. The thumb shelf helps. And the standard mag release makes a big difference, a silver lining to the BBAW ban.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3 View Post
I am the OP, and since you quoted me in your post, your response was directed to me. The part in bold (my emphasis) is absurd. What in the world makes you think I voted for anyone who made the CA gun laws? Your message is written in a weird fashion, but the part in bold is clear, and it is completely off-base, false, and ridiculous.

Phil
If it was a bit harsh, rude, or esle don't take it as an manner. About 90% of the population do vote and that 10% don't. "Correct me if I'm WRONG" Sorry if I've already assume-accuse your an voter.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:37 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1XdColt View Post
If it was a bit harsh, rude, or esle don't take it as an manner. About 90% of the population do vote and that 10% don't. "Correct me if I'm WRONG" Sorry if I've already assume-accuse your an voter.
Your posts are a little difficult to interpret, I'm guessing you're English second-language? Don't take that the wrong way, just curious. It might help people get less offended by your posts if they understand you might not always mean what it seems like you're saying.

Don't panic. As of 11/21/2018, only around 40% of BBRAW applicants have received their letter. DOJ is still actively processing them... slowly. In the meantime:

Old 09-20-2018, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Featureless AND fixed mag guns are likely to all be swept up in the next ban.
All there will be left will be manually operated.
This. Newsom's gonna sign whatever the CA legislature will pass. Only recourse is Federal Court, but in the meantime, expect featureless to get swept up in the next wave of bans.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
This. Newsom's gonna sign whatever the CA legislature will pass. Only recourse is Federal Court, but in the meantime, expect featureless to get swept up in the next wave of bans.
Of course featureless will be in the next ban, but also fixed mag as well, it will simply be a total ban on ALL centerfire semiauto longguns, maybe even semiauto handguns as well. Remember NewSCUM wants to be "bold".
Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Maybe you guys should be pushing the President to finish appointing new judges to the 9th, you may need them soon.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Maybe you guys should be pushing the President to finish appointing new judges to the 9th, you may need them soon.
Just got off the phone with with Donny, he said he's on it.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo399 View Post
Probably because it's $40 and you can get a VAGPARCA for $6 shipped.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
or the exile fin that attaches to the magpul MIAD grip for $25 bucks that also has a thumb shelf.

i believe exile even released the 3d printing file so you can print one at home if you don't want to buy from their store on amazon.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 09-20-2018, 12:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
or the exile fin that attaches to the magpul MIAD grip for $25 bucks that also has a thumb shelf.

i believe exile even released the 3d printing file so you can print one at home if you don't want to buy from their store on amazon.
They also have the ambi fin with out shelf that is better for $20 and when I looked on Amazon backfin didn't show up, they're on ebay though.
Old 09-20-2018, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcav View Post
Just got off the phone with with Donny, he said he's on it.
I was on the conference call and can verify this.
Old 09-20-2018, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo399
Quote:
The Strike Industries MegaFin costs $40? I've got one that I just threw into my AR parts bin.

Removed it along w/a Magpul pistol grip and fixed stock off an AR10 that I bought recently and replaced all of them w/a Thordsen Gen III rifle stock which I like far better.
Old 09-20-2018, 9:45 PM

Quote:
This seems like something that someone with no RAW's would say.
I much prefer the standard and extended mag releases on my RAW's to the bullet button or featureless variants I have.
Same here i can do whatever to mine as long as i stay within the federal guidelines have more than a featureless set up in ca and still have a normal mag release. Never had a BB version and dont think i could bother shooting a featureless version much rather get an m1a.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt1372 View Post
The Strike Industries MegaFin costs $40?
Yes.
The Strike Industries Simple Fin Grip is $10.
The simple grip does not have a thumb rest though.
Old 09-21-2018, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
my featureless AR's are literally a few turns of screw away from being a normal free state AR.

i either have to remove the grip fin, or replace the grip itself.

the movable stock is w/e since as some said, you shoot with the stock in 1 position 90% of the time, so i just have solid stocks in the exact length i needed for upright shooting. it might be a bit troublesome for prone shooting but i can adapt.

muzzle device, doesn't really matter which way if it is a flash hider or brake or compensator to me.
Does the grip fin have to be permanently install or can you just take some plastic material, wrap it around any pistol grip, and now have a featureless rifle (baring not having the other mandatory scary features)?
Old 09-21-2018, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Yes. [The MegaFin costs $40.] The Strike Industries Simple Fin Grip is $10. The simple grip does not have a thumb rest though.
That's a ridiculous price for a fin, which IMO sucks regardless of the price.

The $ would be much better spent on a Resurgent or Sparrow featureless grip instead.