Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-10-2011, 8:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Member night at the Mangan Range - Sacramento

I picked up my new Glock 26 from Golden State Tactical tonight at 5:35PM (1 minute after the 240 hour wait period was up) and headed right down to the Mangan Range in South Sacramento (with a stop at In-N-Out for a Double-Double to enhance my trigger strength).

I got there a few minutes after 6 and the place was practically empty. About 6 shooters on the line and a couple range officers. Got a lane, unpacked and started shooting. The G26 is nice. Not quite as smooth a trigger as my well worn and polished G17 or the newer polished G30, but it's nothing 10 minutes with a Dremel tool won't fix.

I had many occurances of my Springfield 1911A1 GI stovepiping. It always seems to be on the last round in the mag. It didn't seem to matter whether the mag had FMJ's or Plated RN, so I'm not sure what it is at this point. Cheap mags? Need to polish the feed ramps?

Anyways, met a few club members, all nice people. Let one of the RO's shoot my 1952 Colt Woodsman after he'd commented on it. The guy on the lane to my left had a beautiful Springfield 1911 Trophy Match that he'd just gotten and said he got a coupon for 1/2 price parts and accessories from Springfield that he wasn't going to use and he'd bring for me next week, so I guess I know where I'll be getting some better mags and sights now.

All in all a good night. Broke in the G26, put a few hundred downrange and continued to work on my stance and trigger technique.

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Sounded like a great night with social aspects thrown in for good measure. I liked the burger assistance you received too

My Better Half has a Trophy Match --nice gun -- his Officer of the Year gift.

About the feeding of your last round, maybe bad lips on the magazine? I know that dropping magazines a few times on the ground may be enough to warp the lips. Could be the spring in the magazine also since you mentioned it's usually the last round.

Hope you continue to have fun at the range!

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor