Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 06-15-2018, 5:42 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs762 View Post
I have the email from my DOJ REP saying its ok. They were just told yesterday.
Yeah, and others have gotten bad info from a given rep. I would still wait for the bulletin.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-19-2018, 8:15 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

FYI, I have also heard that there was a change and that a bulletin is in process. I still would not change anything until an official response from the CA DOJ.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-20-2018, 12:08 PM
shootsocal_dave's Avatar
shootsocal_dave shootsocal_dave is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Orange County
Posts: 609
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

question?

There is no there any legal requirement to make a copy of a ID if you use the magswipe correct?
__________________
shootsocal.com
California 01 Dealer / 03 C&R Collector

WTB Walther PPK /Colt Mustang or Government .380

Apply for FFL Type 03 here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/instruc...rearms-license

Apply for California COE here: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cert-eligibility
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-20-2018, 12:27 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsocal_dave View Post
question?

There is no there any legal requirement to make a copy of a ID if you use the magswipe correct?
Correct, a copy is only needed if it doesn't read in.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-26-2018, 5:02 PM
DJD100 DJD100 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Any news on this as I'm trying to avoid a second lost day at DMV, to upgrade what is now a useless CDL (May 2018, Federal Limits Apply etc), to the Real ID thing seeing I have a Passport, Birth Cert, SSA Statement, Util Bills etc?

TIA for any news!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 06-26-2018, 5:07 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

No bulletin yet.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-26-2018, 6:53 PM
splithoof splithoof is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,340
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acespawnshop View Post
Interesting idea to have both
I have both because my CDL shows my P.O. Box only. The ID card has an actual residential address listed, as this is what I use for firearm purchases. I never carry that ID card, just keep it in an envelope with anything else needed.
BTW, a new CDL that is a "real ID" need not list your residential address; If an applicant has a confidential address due to their profession the DMV will leave it alone.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-28-2018, 9:42 AM
DJD100 DJD100 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

This is what the CA DMV has to say about this...

4. Do I need a REAL ID to purchase firearms and ammunition?

If you plan to purchase firearms or ammunition and have a federal non-compliant driver license or ID card, you may need to show satisfactory proof of legal presence. Make sure you check with the firearms dealer you plan to visit to verify their identification requirements.


https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...alid/realidfaq

...what a bunch of cr*p!
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-28-2018, 9:54 AM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 826
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
I have both because my CDL shows my P.O. Box only. The ID card has an actual residential address listed, as this is what I use for firearm purchases. I never carry that ID card, just keep it in an envelope with anything else needed.
BTW, a new CDL that is a "real ID" need not list your residential address; If an applicant has a confidential address due to their profession the DMV will leave it alone.
Have had my PO Box on my DL for 30+ years with no issue.
CCW has both.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-28-2018, 10:40 AM
code_blue's Avatar
code_blue code_blue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Moscow, Democratic People's Republik of Kaliforniazakstan
Posts: 2,948
iTrader: 107 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD100 View Post
This is what the CA DMV has to say about this...

4. Do I need a REAL ID to purchase firearms and ammunition?

If you plan to purchase firearms or ammunition and have a federal non-compliant driver license or ID card, you may need to show satisfactory proof of legal presence. Make sure you check with the firearms dealer you plan to visit to verify their identification requirements.


https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...alid/realidfaq

...what a bunch of cr*p!

I find it interesting that DMV even has anything re: firearms transactions on their site. They must have acknowledged that it is a large enough issue to need to address it.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 06-28-2018, 6:37 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi View Post
I find it interesting that DMV even has anything re: firearms transactions on their site. They must have acknowledged that it is a large enough issue to need to address it.
Hard to say why, but they should explain why the AB60 licenses are now the same as legal residents.

The CA DOJ says that no additional documents can make it acceptable, but I have also heard a change is coming, but it seems to take a long time for an official bulletin.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-03-2018, 4:50 PM
DJD100 DJD100 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I have now heard that you can now use a Federal Limits Apply CDL that was issued post 1/22/18, as long as you have supporting docs proving your legal residence in CA.

Anyone else getting good news?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 07-03-2018, 5:11 PM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD100 View Post
I have now heard that you can now use a Federal Limits Apply CDL that was issued post 1/22/18, as long as you have supporting docs proving your legal residence in CA.

Anyone else getting good news?
Did you "hear" this from a DES bulletin? I just logged in and didn't see anything there.
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 07-03-2018, 5:40 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

I have heard this, but it isn't official due to the lack of a bulletin yet and due to that I don't think it is a good idea to try to follow some as yet unknown requirements and going against the still standing bulletin. They are still issuing the AB60 licenses, so the date really does not help. Anything before 22-Jan-2018 is obviously a problem, but just because it is after doesn't mean it is acceptable.

It isn't legal residence, but whether you are a legal resident. Anyone can show documentation showing where they live, but you can't sell to someone who is not legally here.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 07-03-2018, 7:43 PM
taperxz taperxz is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 16,653
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
I have heard this, but it isn't official due to the lack of a bulletin yet and due to that I don't think it is a good idea to try to follow some as yet unknown requirements and going against the still standing bulletin. They are still issuing the AB60 licenses, so the date really does not help. Anything before 22-Jan-2018 is obviously a problem, but just because it is after doesn't mean it is acceptable.

It isn't legal residence, but whether you are a legal resident. Anyone can show documentation showing where they live, but you can't sell to someone who is not legally here.
If they declare on 4473 that they are a citizen, green card holder and show a valid one or are a certain visa holder with a hunting license, then what’s the difference? The background check is SUPPOSED to fix this problem anyway. CA DOJ could fix this problem by requiring a social security number on the DES entry. Half the people put it on the 4473 even after we tell them they don’t need to since it’s optional.

Last edited by taperxz; 07-03-2018 at 7:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 07-03-2018, 7:47 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
If they declare on 4473 that they are a citizen, green card holder and show a valid one or are a certain visa holder with a hunting license, then what’s the difference? The background check is SUPPOSED to fix this problem anyway.
Stop trying to use logic and reason.

The issue is the bulletin said no and that has yet to be changed, although I have it on good authority that it will be changed.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 07-03-2018, 7:52 PM
taperxz taperxz is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 16,653
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
Stop trying to use logic and reason.

The issue is the bulletin said no and that has yet to be changed, although I have it on good authority that it will be changed.
I understand that. I was just saying DOJ needs to get with it.

Besides, I said this would be fixed on the first or second page of this thread
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 07-03-2018, 7:55 PM
taperxz taperxz is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 16,653
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
True but CA went that route because of the ATF stance on the ID's. I would expect CA to follow suit. This was only released minutes ago.
Ok third page. Posted in March

Last edited by taperxz; 07-03-2018 at 7:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 07-03-2018, 8:02 PM
DJD100 DJD100 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
Did you "hear" this from a DES bulletin? I just logged in and didn't see anything there.
I heard it from a FFL (I'm not a FFL).
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 07-10-2018, 4:29 PM
DJD100 DJD100 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Latest I've heard from another FFL while getting my FSC today, is that some shops are running the NON REAL-ID CDL's knowing that they'll fail, and then keeping the money as does the CA DOJ, so now I'm more confused than ever?
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 07-10-2018, 4:32 PM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD100 View Post
Latest I've heard from another FFL while getting my FSC today, is that some shops are running the NON REAL-ID CDL's knowing that they'll fail, and then keeping the money as does the CA DOJ, so now I'm more confused than ever?
Interesting..so they are knowingly running something they should not and are creating an audit trail for the DOJ to write them up on later. Those guys are smart!

I'm still waiting for the bulletin. At the last NRA Members Council meeting I was at there was someone there that seemed to know what was going on and he said he had heard that DOJ was just about to release the bulletin and was surprised I didn't see it that day. That was 7 days ago... still nothing.
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-10-2018, 5:20 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
Interesting..so they are knowingly running something they should not and are creating an audit trail for the DOJ to write them up on later. Those guys are smart!
No copy of the CA ID/DL and then there is no proof. So as long as the readers works ...

Not a good idea in my opinion though.

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the bulletin. At the last NRA Members Council meeting I was at there was someone there that seemed to know what was going on and he said he had heard that DOJ was just about to release the bulletin and was surprised I didn't see it that day. That was 7 days ago... still nothing.
Yes, I believe that to be true based on what I was told and by whom, but it takes a long time to get a bulletin approved.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 07-10-2018, 9:56 PM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
No copy of the CA ID/DL and then there is no proof. So as long as the readers works ...

Not a good idea in my opinion though.
There is proof if DOJ checks. They can check the status of a DL at the time it was ran (if they wanted to).

Quote:
Yes, I believe that to be true based on what I was told and by whom, but it takes a long time to get a bulletin approved.
The person that told us about it seemed to be "in the loop" with the CRPA and NRA and made it sound like they told him the bulletin was coming out that day.
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 07-11-2018, 1:24 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
The person that told us about it seemed to be "in the loop" with the CRPA and NRA and made it sound like they told him the bulletin was coming out that day.
That is funny. The government doing something that quick.

What I was just told is that it is in the hands of the CA DOJ attorneys and you know how that tends to go.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 07-11-2018, 3:45 PM
DJD100 DJD100 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Screw it, off to DMV again tommorrow "GRRRRRRRRRRR"...!!!
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 07-11-2018, 9:32 PM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD100 View Post
Screw it, off to DMV again tommorrow "GRRRRRRRRRRR"...!!!
If it makes you feel *any* better (doubtful), I'm on my 3rd trip to the DMV in a few weeks:

In January set April Appointment for Real ID
Got Federal Limits Apply sent to me in May
Went to a June Appointment to fix (in Capitola) and was told it was all good, but they shipped me wrong cards
2 weeks ago got a notice they need to re-do my photos
In early August I have an appointment in Modesto to go fix.
So MAYBE in September I'll have the correct IDs.
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Rogue187 Rogue187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 975
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Now with each screwup because of DMV does this cost you money in addition to paying for gas?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:58 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

I had a customer who just went in and waited without an appointment and it didn't take all that long. He got there before they opened.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 07-11-2018, 11:08 PM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue187 View Post
Now with each screwup because of DMV does this cost you money in addition to paying for gas?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, fortunately, they didn't charge me the 2nd time. I don't expect they'll charge me on the 3rd visit too.
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 07-11-2018, 11:09 PM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
I had a customer who just went in and waited without an appointment and it didn't take all that long. He got there before they opened.
Most of the DMVs up here you have to get to at 6am (waiting until 8am open). If you're first in line then it would be pretty quick..
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 07-11-2018, 11:16 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
Most of the DMVs up here you have to get to at 6am (waiting until 8am open). If you're first in line then it would be pretty quick..
That would be quicker than August. There is something seriously wrong with it taking that long to get an appointment.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:00 AM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
That would be quicker than August. There is something seriously wrong with it taking that long to get an appointment.
I don't need to waste 3-4 hours of my day starting at 6am. I don't need it right now anyway. My license doesn't expire until 2019 and if I need to fly, I have my passport. I also don't normally DROS anything until to myself until 12/31 anyway.

I agree that the DMV Is seriously wrong.. the August appointment I got is about 75 miles away too (Modesto).

If I wanted an appointment at my local DMV I would be looking at September or October.

The Capitola trip (visit 2) was 50 miles away. All the closer DMVs were an extra month past.
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-12-2018, 6:57 AM
DJD100 DJD100 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Crap, off to DMV in Redwood City, please send a search party if I don't get back...
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-12-2018, 9:32 AM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
My license doesn't expire until 2019 and if I need to fly, I have my passport.
If you license wasn't renewed after 22-Jan-2018, then it isn't a Federal Limits Apply so it isn't an issue.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:22 AM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
If you license wasn't renewed after 22-Jan-2018, then it isn't a Federal Limits Apply so it isn't an issue.
My license was replaced (not renewed) after 1/22/2018 (incorrectly) and it was stamped Federal Limits Apply..
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-12-2018, 2:13 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
My license was replaced (not renewed) after 1/22/2018 (incorrectly) and it was stamped Federal Limits Apply..
That will teach you for losing your license.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 07-12-2018, 2:19 PM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
That will teach you for losing your license.
I didn't lose it. I chose replace vs renew because if you're > year from expiration they make you re-take the test if you choose renew. At least that's what folks here in the forums said.

I also didn't think they'd screw me twice. Hopefully not a 3rd time.
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 07-12-2018, 3:11 PM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,665
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
I didn't lose it. I chose replace vs renew because if you're > year from expiration they make you re-take the test if you choose renew. At least that's what folks here in the forums said.
Still your fault.

Quote:
I also didn't think they'd screw me twice. Hopefully not a 3rd time.
Now that is really funny. Can I make a bet on it? I could use some money.
__________________
Kemasa.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 07-12-2018, 3:36 PM
ugimports's Avatar
ugimports ugimports is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
Still your fault.



Now that is really funny. Can I make a bet on it? I could use some money.
I'd think we'd be on the same side of the betting line so.....
__________________
us on facebook
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 07-13-2018, 9:33 AM
DJD100 DJD100 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Five hours at Redwood City DMV sans appointment, and 8 hours total counting my three hour CDL renew with appointment back in May, but supposedly I'll have a Real-ID ID coming in the mail soon?


I chose the ID vs upgrading my CDL as it lasts longer in my age group (mid-60's, 8-10 years vs 5), likely not an issue for younger folks?

Important note, I brought a printed from my online SSA account SSA-1099 to prove SS#, and they almost didn't take it without me asking for a manager, as they want the original (which of course is not mentioned on their site!), so bring the original SSA docs or a card to avoid hassles.

Geez, this really sucks, and all due to the CA DOJ having it's head stuck up it's a**...

Last edited by DJD100; 07-13-2018 at 9:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:22 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.