Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,739
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default 2nd Range Trip with 7.62x39 upper

Just like the first time... It ran flawlessly!!! Really happy with my purchase. For anyone looking for a 7.62x39 AR upper I would suggest checking Galati Intl's site, if they have them in stock then you will get it within a week, I ordered on a monday and received it on that Thursday. Pretty sure it is all Model 1 Sales upper, Galati wouldn't tell me for sure but they did confirm that they use their parts and the barrel says M1S. I ordered the enhanced firing pin as well but it looked identical to the one that came with the upper. Anywho this trip I was trying to sight in at 25 and 50 yards and did ok. I need more training on how to use the front sight.

This pic was at 25 yards from the bench with the smaller aperture



This one was from 25 standing and kneeling rapid fire with the larger aperture



Didn't end up doing 50 yards as I was sharing the range with some guys who wanted to go to 80 yards so this is at 80- notice the kill shot with my slug



Then these were also at 80 yards, I really need a spotting scope and some more practice- used Tulammo and Wolf





I had some new stuff on the AR today too, Ergo Tactical grip, BAD lever, and Limbsaver pad(got it for the GF but I like it too) all of which were awesome and definetly upgrades...

Oh yeah the one issue I had was not paying attention to the trigger pin(?) it worked loose a couple times causing a pull once boom twice accident.... Any way to keep that thing in there tighter?
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:13 AM
baih777 baih777 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 3,758
iTrader: 64 / 100%
Default

you wanna look for these.
there are more types. just gotta decide what works for you.
http://www.riflegear.com/p-610-kns-g...-diameter.aspx
__________________
Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
I'm Back.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 PM
NorCalK9.com's Avatar
NorCalK9.com NorCalK9.com is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oakley CA
Posts: 3,967
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Umm my ak's do better than that with tula lol. Get an ak!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2012, 1:28 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,739
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Umm my ak's do better than that with tula lol. Get an ak!
Why don't you marry your AK? This is not a problem with the weapon, it is user related all the way... Tell the russians to make some AK's that fit full grown men and maybe I will look into it
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2012, 1:33 PM
FourLoko's Avatar
FourLoko FourLoko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,445
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

nice, hardly any 7.62x39 uppers to be found in stock anywhere

I gave up and bought an SKS instead
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2012, 1:44 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,739
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourLoko View Post
nice, hardly any 7.62x39 uppers to be found in stock anywhere

I gave up and bought an SKS instead
I gave up last year after I bought my stripped lower because nobody had them in stock(funny since it is such a bad fit for the AR ) If you decide to get at it again try Galati. 400 rounds down the pipe now and no malfunctions at all... Even I was hitting the human size target at 80 yards haha
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2012, 1:48 PM
FourLoko's Avatar
FourLoko FourLoko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,445
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

I looked there but no stock. I'll wait till the "slow" season and see if the stock returns around the web. I'll have plenty of 7.62x39 ammo around still.

What mags are you using?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2012, 1:51 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,739
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourLoko View Post
I looked there but no stock. I'll wait till the "slow" season and see if the stock returns around the web. I'll have plenty of 7.62x39 ammo around still.

What mags are you using?
10/30 C Products from the gunshow and ASC(same I know) from Galati... If you do order from Galati make sure they send you 10 rounders and not 5 rounders...
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2012, 2:00 PM
Dreaded Claymore Dreaded Claymore is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,237
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Lightbulb The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Oh yeah the one issue I had was not paying attention to the trigger pin(?) it worked loose a couple times causing a pull once boom twice accident.... Any way to keep that thing in there tighter?
Anti-walk pins.

KNS pins from Bravo Company

Same thing, but with more options, from Rainier Arms

DPMS and JP anti-walk pins from MidwayUSA
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2012, 6:22 PM
jonzer77's Avatar
jonzer77 jonzer77 is offline
Hold my beer & watch this
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Watsonville
Posts: 8,538
iTrader: 54 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Umm my ak's do better than that with tula lol. Get an ak!
But then you are stuck with an AK and one caliber
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrage View Post
That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-10-2012, 7:15 PM
NorCalK9.com's Avatar
NorCalK9.com NorCalK9.com is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oakley CA
Posts: 3,967
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

@Thembastards
Lmao you can buy a nato length stock bud!
@jonzer77
I have ak's in 556, 762x39, 762x51, and my all time favorite 545x39 lol but I get your point.
I have 2 ar's and have owned about 14 in the past just never liked them.
On a plus note I make my main shooter look like an AR but function like the king it is!
@op I do appologize for jumping in with my .02
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-10-2012, 7:19 PM
ElvenSoul's Avatar
ElvenSoul ElvenSoul is offline
Free at Last!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,684
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I had a 20" Chrome Lined Galati a few years ago. Wish I never sold it. Was a shooter.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-10-2012, 7:30 PM
ThemBastards's Avatar
ThemBastards ThemBastards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: C.orona C.ircle C.ity P.ack
Posts: 1,739
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
@op I do appologize for jumping in with my .02
Wouldn't be a 7.62x39 thread without it. Haha no worries man.
__________________
"These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-10-2012, 7:47 PM
NorCalK9.com's Avatar
NorCalK9.com NorCalK9.com is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oakley CA
Posts: 3,967
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Lol get some of the good yugo stuff,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.