Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 05-21-2017, 9:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk View Post
I'd like some glass recommendations. I'm considering the NF SHV and the Vortex PST Gen2. I have already have NF NXS and a Vortex Viper but haven't examined either other scopes.
Check out the SWFA SS HD 5-20x50. Also consider the Burris XTR II line. Same with the Bushnell Elite Tactical line. A surprising new entry is the Sig Sauer Tango6. Then there's always the Vortex Razor HD Gen II in 4.5-27x56 if you want to spend more. Or you could go crazy with US Optics, Kahles, S&B, March, or Swarovski.

Bushnell has a 25% rebate and Burris has a $100 rebate going on right now.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater

Last edited by k1dude; 05-24-2017 at 8:43 AM.. Reason: name correction
Old 05-23-2017, 2:21 PM
Veteran Member

Kentucky Gun club has the .308 RPR for $1099 and the 6mm for $1133 if anyone is looking. https://www.kygunco.com/Search/AjaxS...Direction=desc
Old 05-24-2017, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk View Post
I'd like some glass recommendations. I'm considering the NF SHV and the Vortex PST Gen2. I have already have NF NXS and a Vortex Viper but haven't examined either other scopes.

I'm using the SHV F1 4-14 on my RPR G1 6.5CM and I'm very happy with it. I shoot out to 1000 yards. The glass is very clear and bright, the turrets have solid clicks and are readable, and it tracks very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRRC.org
Old 05-24-2017, 6:47 PM

Default Question about storing rifle..

Finally took the plunge and brought home a RPR, now the process begins to find glass and all other goodies. Actually read through all 69 pages of this thread.. only took 3 days

Being my first bolt rifle, 'fold-able' one at that, how do you guys store your rifles? Folded or unfolded? Is there pros or cons to either? (as with any mechanical part, I'm wondering if constant folding/unfolding will loosen the hinge). Do you take the bolt out when stored?

After reading this thread I decided on the MidwayUSA Drag Bag.. so what size is appropriate... 42", 50" or 56"? (kinda relates to my earlier question.. I'm guessing this depends on whether the rifle is folded or not)

Am I looking at the correct Drag Bag?
Midway Sniper Drag Bag

Thanks in advance and excited to learn!
Old 05-24-2017, 7:16 PM

Here you go

Vortex Viper Riflescope 50mm Sun Shade 50MM-V-SHADE Vortex Viper Riflescope 50mm Sun Shade 50MM-V-SHADE
VX-RA-SUDE-50MM-V-SHADE
1 $34.00 $34.00

Vortex Tactical 30mm Riflescope Ring, High Profile TRH Vortex Tactical 30mm Riflescope Ring, High Profile TRH
VX-RR-TRNG-TRH
Ring Height: High
2 $19.00 $38.00

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Matte Riflescopes with Dead-Hold BDC Reticle Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Matte Riflescopes with Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
VX-RS-VR620X50-VPR-M-6BDC
Model: Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Matte Riflescopes with Dead-Hold BDC Reticle Tube Diameter: 30 Parallax: 50 Reticle Focal Plane: Second Plane Magnification: Range 6.5 - 20 Reticle: Dead-Hold BDC Illumination: No
1 $469.00 $469.00

Subtotal $541.00
Value Shipping FREE
Coupon -$150.00

Grand Total $391.00

Optics Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerg8ggles View Post
Finally took the plunge and brought home a RPR, now the process begins to find glass and all other goodies. Actually read through all 69 pages of this thread.. only took 3 days

Being my first bolt rifle, 'fold-able' one at that, how do you guys store your rifles? Folded or unfolded? Is there pros or cons to either? (as with any mechanical part, I'm wondering if constant folding/unfolding will loosen the hinge). Do you take the bolt out when stored?

After reading this thread I decided on the MidwayUSA Drag Bag.. so what size is appropriate... 42", 50" or 56"? (kinda relates to my earlier question.. I'm guessing this depends on whether the rifle is folded or not)

Midway Sniper Drag Bag

Old 05-24-2017, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerg8ggles View Post

Midway Sniper Drag Bag

A folding stock is designed so it can be folded...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etihtsarom View Post
Here you go

Vortex Viper Riflescope 50mm Sun Shade 50MM-V-SHADEVortex Viper Riflescope 50mm Sun Shade 50MM-V-SHADE
VX-RA-SUDE-50MM-V-SHADE
1$34.00$34.00

Vortex Tactical 30mm Riflescope Ring, High Profile TRHVortex Tactical 30mm Riflescope Ring, High Profile TRH
VX-RR-TRNG-TRH
Ring Height: High
2$19.00$38.00

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Matte Riflescopes with Dead-Hold BDC ReticleVortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Matte Riflescopes with Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
VX-RS-VR620X50-VPR-M-6BDC
Model: Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Matte Riflescopes with Dead-Hold BDC Reticle Tube Diameter: 30 Parallax: 50 Reticle Focal Plane: Second Plane Magnification: Range 6.5 - 20 Reticle: Dead-Hold BDC Illumination: No
1$469.00$469.00

Subtotal$541.00
Value ShippingFREE
Coupon-$150.00

Grand Total$391.00

Optics Planet
What about the bipod
Old 05-25-2017, 7:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Harris is great. I like the 9-13 because I shoot in the field, not from a bench.

To answer about storage, I store mine in the safe, unfolded, with the bolt in. I transport to the range unfolded, in the drag bag/shooting mat, in which is just fits, unfolded. I transport in the plano hard case folded, because that's the way I cut it.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Harris notched legs, swivel, 6-9". Then I add on a pod mod lever, and Khantrol Solutions Atlas feet adapters. Grand total of about $180.