Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 09-04-2017, 8:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Uintah Precision UPR-10

Anyone have experience with this product? Looks like a viable option for a bolt action without having to buy/dros another rifle.

http://uintahprecision.com/product/b...pper-assembly/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 7:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

thats a lot of money for half a rifle. They are going to need to be a little more detailed if they want my money.
Old 09-05-2017, 9:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I like the idea if it has a great barrel and bolt and has a .5 MOA guarantee or better.

Old 09-05-2017, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecek View Post
I like the idea if it has a great barrel and bolt and has a .5 MOA guarantee or better.

No clue if it has a great barrel . . . ?

Barrel looks good but they all look good . . . lol

Did you find any - independent users - reviews how it performs ?
Old 09-05-2017, 3:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

No reviews yet. It has a #5 Shilen barrel.

Old 09-06-2017, 9:55 PM

Quote:

But with a good lower - no clue - but let's say another $ 1,000.00 + shipping + tax we are close in total to $ 3,000.00

Is that the kind of money I want to spend on this 'system' ?
Old 09-07-2017, 3:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Where did you see "Shilen"

web site says #5 match grade barrel. that could be a anything. and again $1600 for half a rifle that you can only buy a piss poor trigger for kinda sucks..

All I see is mall ninja fodder
Old 09-07-2017, 6:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It is on the website but you have to dig for the info.

Old 09-07-2017, 6:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair001 View Post
But with a good lower - no clue - but let's say another $ 1,000.00 + shipping + tax we are close in total to $ 3,000.00

Is that the kind of money I want to spend on this 'system' ?
If you already have a nice lower it may be an option. Not sure if it is worth $1600+

Old 09-07-2017, 6:26 AM

Quote:
If you already have a nice lower it may be an option. Not sure if it is worth $1600+

If you want a precision rifle I don't think you can swap all the time the lower . . .

It might change POI

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2017, 7:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstott View Post
Where did you see "Shilen"

web site says #5 match grade barrel. that could be a anything. and again $1600 for half a rifle that you can only buy a piss poor trigger for kinda sucks..

All I see is mall ninja fodder
Info on barrel is in this CG post.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ghlight=uintah
Old 09-07-2017, 8:53 AM

The UPR-10 is definitely not "ninja fodder". Most of our customers are building them as long range platforms out of the gate as they perform so well. The most popular setup is a Magpul PRS gen 3 stock, hogue grip, and Velocity 3lbs trigger. For a nicely set up complete gun you're looking at about $3200 including glass. You are essentially getting a custom long range precision rifle that pins to a 308 lower. One of the best features is the ability to change calibers with out changing the bolt or anything else. The barrels swap just like an AR Barrel does. So you have the semi auto option as well as multiple calibers available with the same trigger and ergonomics...which relates directly to muscle memory.
As far as POI...we can swap BOLTS between different uppers and there has been ZERO change in POI. With our 6.5CM test gun we shot 5" groups at 1000 yards out of the box with factory ammo, a milk jug at 1500 yards with factory ammo and a 24"x24" plate at a mile...again with factory ammo.
Every gun is hand fitted and assembled and test fired...by 2 employees...
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. I am not only a distributor for them, I talk with and work with them daily.
-Thanks

Last edited by driveljay; 09-07-2017 at 8:55 AM..
Old 09-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It might change POI
It might but it's unlikely. It doesn't with my AR uppers so I don't see why it would with a bolt upper. The bigger issue is that AR triggers don't have very quick lock time. Price isn't terribly high but it's not cheap, the single round loading ergonomics look less than ideal and you are stuck with AR format magazines and their OAL restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveljay View Post
One of the best features is the ability to change calibers with out changing the bolt or anything else.
I don't get this. You would change calibers by changing the whole upper yes? That would be changing the bolt and the barrel. Or if the barrel was some sort of quickswap thing then cool but that only works with common case heads or you do have to change the bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveljay View Post
The barrels swap just like an AR Barrel does. So you have the semi auto option as well as multiple calibers available with the same trigger and ergonomics...which relates directly to muscle memory.
That is a boon but do you mean barrel or upper?

Last edited by milotrain; 09-07-2017 at 11:50 AM..
Old 09-07-2017, 12:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
If you want a precision rifle I don't think you can swap all the time the lower . . .

It might change POI

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yeah that's what the AR wedge guy would have you believe.
In reality because the scope is mounted to the same chunk the barrel is as long as those parts are made well and don't move there will not be any shift in poi. That said if the hidge gets loose and it causes a change it your recoil profile well yes then your poi will shift and may even become unstable.
Again the idea is not a bad one. There just is not a trigger out there built for an AR that is as good as a basic bolt rifle trigger.
If I can't get a trigger as good as a timney 510 or better I'm not interested, and that no fault of the upper maker

Last edited by kcstott; 09-08-2017 at 3:40 AM..
Old 09-07-2017, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milotrain View Post
It might but it's unlikely. It doesn't with my AR uppers so I don't see why it would with a bolt upper. The bigger issue is that AR triggers don't have very quick lock time. Price isn't terribly high but it's not cheap, the single round loading ergonomics look less than ideal and you are stuck with AR format magazines and their OAL restrictions.

I don't get this. You would change calibers by changing the whole upper yes? That would be changing the bolt and the barrel. Or if the barrel was some sort of quickswap thing then cool but that only works with common case heads or you do have to change the bolt.

That is a boon but do you mean barrel or upper?
The calibers offered: 308, 6.5CM, 6MM CM, 7mm-08, ,243, .260, 338 federal are all the same case head size, so the magazine as well as the bolt stay the same. Check out this vid I posted from an Independent reviewer doing a barrel swap. At about the 4 min mark I believe your question will be answered fully. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1373528

Last edited by driveljay; 09-07-2017 at 1:34 PM..
Old 09-08-2017, 7:30 AM
Veteran Member

That's cool. More action designs should use barrels with integral lugs. In that way your system might be the cheapest on the market that does it.

Magazine limitation is still unfortunate, I guess you could notch the front of the mags for a little more but half the fun of this thing is it's flexibility and the OAL limitation is too bad. Nothing you can do about that obviously.

kcstott, My geissele is the nicest trigger I own (aside from an air rifle but that's not fair). It's not the nicest trigger I've ever used, but it's pretty close. It'd be interesting to see how big of a deal lock time actually is. It's just good followthrough after all.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milotrain View Post
That's cool. More action designs should use barrels with integral lugs. In that way your system might be the cheapest on the market that does it.

Magazine limitation is still unfortunate, I guess you could notch the front of the mags for a little more but half the fun of this thing is it's flexibility and the OAL limitation is too bad. Nothing you can do about that obviously.

kcstott, My geissele is the nicest trigger I own (aside from an air rifle but that's not fair). It's not the nicest trigger I've ever used, but it's pretty close. It'd be interesting to see how big of a deal lock time actually is. It's just good followthrough after all.
I've got a geissele on my AR 308. It's a flat bow two stage I have it set up with a 3.5 pull and that fine for a DMR rifle but I'd like something I could get a little lower say around 2 pounds.
This would be a good way to get a 6.5cm for my daughter
In all honesty locktime don't matter to much to me. I can shoot smaller groups with my AR308 than I can my Rem 700. Same bullet same load work up. It's just a 18" heavy barrel that is stiff and muzzle heavy. But it shoots better then my 700 with a 24" barrel slightly better about .150" better