Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 04-16-2021, 10:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Glock for Practice

I have used a Sig Airsoft from practicing at home

Does Anyone have a CO2 Glock?

How do they fit in Holsters?

How do they hold up?

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umare...77_BB_Gun/4731

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 04-16-2021, 10:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Glock...B_Gun_Tan/4950

PY-4950-10006

Glock 19X CO2 Blowback .177 BB Gun, Tan
4.5(24 reviews)Review, article, latest buzz
Glock 19X CO2

$99.99

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 04-23-2021, 2:52 AM

umarex is the only licensed airsoft distributor for glock and their dimensions are pretty true to the real steel versions.

so you should be good to go.

Non licensed knock off tend to be a tad wider and have a tighter fit from what i've seen
Old 04-23-2021, 6:06 AM

FedEx just dropped off a Umarex Airsoft Gen 5 Glock 17. The fit, finish, and weight feel like my Gen 3 and it fits into my holsters. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Still need to pick up some CO2 cartridges. Plans are to use it for home practice and to eventually run it in a CAA Micro Kit when I get it.
Old 04-23-2021, 6:26 AM

I have a G17 blowback .177 bb from Umarex and so far so good. Don't have a lot of time behind it yet admittedly. One thing I will say is the slide spring is very weak (obviously) and the retention on my holster is tight enough to actually pull the slide back when I reholster. I put my thumb on the back of the slide cover when reholstering for now to prevent this, but that's a bad habit to build, so I may end up getting a second holster so I can have one set up for actual carry and one loosened to work with the Umarex.
Old 04-23-2021, 8:53 PM
Veteran Member

Official replica from Umarex Glock 17

Wont fit a Glock 17 holster - I had to get a Glock 21

Then, would actually be ordering from HK the "better" Airsoft versions from WE

_
Old 06-21-2021, 9:08 AM

Just got into the Glock 17 and 45 models in Green Gas Blowback and very impressed. Here is what I've discovered although those using GGBBs already know this:

1. At 7 meters they are very accurate easily putting an entire magazine into 3" group. I just use a sharpie to draw a circle around the base of a coffee cup.

2. The gas lasts quite a while. I get two full mags per fill even though it will cycle 2&1/2 mags.

3. Rapid fire is easy just give it a few seconds between strings to let the mag/gas warm up.

4. Don't underestimate penetration through carboard boxes even filled with styro insulation panels or shredded paper. If you shoot more than 2 mags at one target it will punch right through.

5. This is probably the most important if all the other things stay constant, the heavier 30 BBs provide a far greater blow back recoil than the lighter 25s. The difference is easy to feel.

While I go to the range often for casual practice (once a week) nothing beats being able to walk out to the garage after coffee and go through a couple mags every morning. While it isn't exactly like shooting real ammo it is far better than any laser setup. While you don't get electronic feedback and some tips like the laser setups can provide, nothing beats holes in the target no matter what.

I'm waiting for the Gen3 GGBB model to be available since that is what you can get in CA with the real firearm, the ones commonly available now are Gen5 types which while being nice aren't the same in feel as the Gen3s.

I always though these to be toys and wannabe tacti-jonny foolery but as an augment to real firearms practice this can't be beat. I've changed my mind on Airsoft, especially the green gas blow back. They aren't cheap though, some of these things like the ARs cost almost as much as the real thing. However; given that they provide some added benefit why not? It's only money.

I notice that now there are metal BBs in 6mm and I see that as something being done just to do it. What will eventually happen as is so common in CA is that someone will get a law passed that classifies them like regular pellet and bb guns and with that will come more regulation. Shame but so goes.

I'm sold on these things as an augment to regular training. They can't replace regular training but what they can do is more than just empty gun handling on a daily basis and provide the instant feedback, trigger control and target practice that can help.
Old 06-22-2021, 1:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedShots View Post
Just got into the Glock 17 and 45 models in Green Gas Blowback and very impressed. Here is what I've discovered although those using GGBBs already know this:
Don't blame me... MOS compatible...

https://www.kyairsoft.com/guns/we-pi...n3-mos-bk.html

_
Old 06-28-2021, 9:05 PM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

the Glock 17 Gen 4 by Umarex is one of the most true to reality BB pistols ever. The Glock 17 Gen 3 and the Glock 19 are cheaper, but not nearly as accurate to the real thing.

Dennis Adler who authored so many classic car and classic gun coffee table books has sadly retired his blog for health reasons.

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-ex...glock+17+gen+4
Old 08-20-2021, 12:36 PM

Hmm,Type D, compact open carry holster made of Nylon, for medium and fullsize handguns ... Holster Compact. for GLOCK 17 / 19 etc., with lateral release button.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:51 AM

I have 2 glock 19 gen 3 gbb. one a vfc and one an elite force.
I changed the barrels out to laserammo's IR adaptor barrels and use them on the smokeleass range, open range and live scenarios.
Excellent practice! They both fit in the level 2 duty blackhawk holsters that we use for plainclothes.
After putting thousands of rounds thru them I had to upgrade the hammer and firing pin lock to steel after they both broke. Only other thing done is a stronger recoil spring and 3 dot sights.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Calguns Addict

I have a WE G19x that fits in my G19 holsters. On a few of them, I have to tweak the screws a tiny bit to get the "normal" fit but that takes next to no effort. Going on 9 months and no issues yet other than me needing to adjust the spring on my mag release as the airsoft one is too light.

All in all, worth the money to be able to kill time/practice/have fun during break.

WTB used AK MFER.