Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #881  
Old 06-19-2020, 9:21 AM
Aguy Aguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulla123 View Post
I cannot find a single Trump supporter among ANY of my four children's friends. Not one. Of course, that's a tiny sample, but not one? IF the young voters vote, it's over.
But are they Biden supporters? Have you seen one Biden flag or Biden hat or Biden shirt? I cannot find one Biden supporter. The people that are never Trumpers are more likely to be a-political than Biden supporters and may just as likely vote for a third party/green party candidate or no candidate. You should ask them if they are voting for Biden and we'll get a much better outlook.
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 06-19-2020, 10:10 AM
Offwidth Offwidth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 896
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I am not a Trump supporter. But I would vote for him three times before Tuesday.
Biden is abhorrent.
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 06-19-2020, 10:12 AM
Offwidth Offwidth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 896
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Was just reading an article about BLM folks in NY planning on arming themselves for self protection. Carry laws originated from disarming Black Panthers. Best of luck to BLM trying to repeal those.
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 06-19-2020, 10:34 AM
gumby gumby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westminster, Orange County
Posts: 2,129
iTrader: 87 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguy View Post
But are they Biden supporters? Have you seen one Biden flag or Biden hat or Biden shirt? I cannot find one Biden supporter. The people that are never Trumpers are more likely to be a-political than Biden supporters and may just as likely vote for a third party/green party candidate or no candidate. You should ask them if they are voting for Biden and we'll get a much better outlook.
I live in a very large neighborhood, 1,111 homes. There is one Biden sticker on a pick-up truck and one Sanders sticker on a sedan, different homes. The rest of the neighborhood has Trump stickers, banners, flags or signs. Not every house but many and this is in California.
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 06-19-2020, 10:39 AM
Offwidth Offwidth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 896
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
I live in a very large neighborhood, 1,111 homes. There is one Biden sticker on a pick-up truck and one Sanders sticker on a sedan, different homes. The rest of the neighborhood has Trump stickers, banners, flags or signs. Not every house but many and this is in California.
And yet Orange County turned blue in 2018. They harvest ballots in other neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 06-19-2020, 10:46 AM
gumby gumby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westminster, Orange County
Posts: 2,129
iTrader: 87 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
And yet Orange County turned blue in 2018. They harvest ballots in other neighborhoods.
That will change this year.
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 06-19-2020, 12:08 PM
Offwidth Offwidth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 896
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
That will change this year.
One can hope.
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 06-19-2020, 2:13 PM
mit31 mit31 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 321
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Ironically, your best chance at getting ANY gun laws changed or repealed would be via BLM protesting for gun rights to defend themselves against racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Was just reading an article about BLM folks in NY planning on arming themselves for self protection. Carry laws originated from disarming Black Panthers. Best of luck to BLM trying to repeal those.
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 06-19-2020, 5:41 PM
bruss01's Avatar
bruss01 bruss01 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,837
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulla123 View Post
I cannot find a single Trump supporter among ANY of my four children's friends. Not one. Of course, that's a tiny sample, but not one? IF the young voters vote, it's over.
Release the next installment of the most popular video game and a new TV show catering to that demographic on election day.

Problem solved.
__________________
The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 06-19-2020, 7:34 PM
Offwidth Offwidth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 896
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Release the next installment of the most popular video game and a new TV show catering to that demographic on election day.

Problem solved.
Their woke parents would have already mailed in their ballots. For the whole family. Because coronavirus.
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 06-20-2020, 3:47 AM
press1280 press1280 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 2,580
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit31 View Post
Ironically, your best chance at getting ANY gun laws changed or repealed would be via BLM protesting for gun rights to defend themselves against racism.
What it'll turn out being is permits issued to only BLM for the above reason. The rest of us can't prove a "need" for it.
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 06-20-2020, 12:39 PM
advocatusdiaboli's Avatar
advocatusdiaboli advocatusdiaboli is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rural Central California
Posts: 5,428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulla123 View Post
I cannot find a single Trump supporter among ANY of my four children's friends. Not one. Of course, that's a tiny sample, but not one? IF the young voters vote, it's over.
My two daughters said most of their peers support Bernie and are going to write in Bernie as a protest to the DNC. My two daughters imply they are voting Trump because Biden is a senile liberal and his VP is likely be a racist radical BLM type and dangerous when Biden is declared incompetent.


So yes, both are tiny samples. One million people wanted tickets to Trump Rally tonight: that is a bigger sample than any poll (which is usually 1-2 thousand at most.
__________________
Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment


Buy on Amazon? Use smile.amazon.com to contribute to the NRA. $181,944.67 as of February 2020 to the NRA from Amazon purchases.
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 06-22-2020, 9:39 AM
Citizen_B's Avatar
Citizen_B Citizen_B is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,043
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
One million people wanted tickets to Trump Rally tonight: that is a bigger sample than any poll (which is usually 1-2 thousand at most.
And 6,200 people attended - a third of available seats. A follow-on outdoor venue was canceled due to sparse attendance. This is the kind of event die-hard supporters would have attended. While there may have been multiple reasons for the low attendance, the result is telling.
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 06-22-2020, 10:41 AM
short circuit short circuit is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 99
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
And 6,200 people attended - a third of available seats. A follow-on outdoor venue was canceled due to sparse attendance. This is the kind of event die-hard supporters would have attended. While there may have been multiple reasons for the low attendance, the result is telling.
One of the reasons of such a small turnout is COVID-19 I would think.
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 06-22-2020, 11:12 AM
sfvshooter's Avatar
sfvshooter sfvshooter is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LA/SFV
Posts: 538
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
My two daughters said most of their peers support Bernie and are going to write in Bernie as a protest to the DNC. My two daughters imply they are voting Trump because Biden is a senile liberal and his VP is likely be a racist radical BLM type and dangerous when Biden is declared incompetent.


So yes, both are tiny samples. One million people wanted tickets to Trump Rally tonight: that is a bigger sample than any poll (which is usually 1-2 thousand at most.
I guess you missed all the articles about K-pop stans & tiktok teens.

Google k-pop tiktok Trump.
__________________
Too many rifles, not enough time...
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 06-22-2020, 12:27 PM
advocatusdiaboli's Avatar
advocatusdiaboli advocatusdiaboli is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rural Central California
Posts: 5,428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by short circuit View Post
One of the reasons of such a small turnout is COVID-19 I would think.
I agree: protestors were not cautious people nor were rioters and looters, but Trump supporters are not going to risk it this early. In addition, given the riotous and violent mood of the Left in the last 3 weeks, I think a lot of ardent Trump supporters did not want to get attacked like happened in 2016 in a less violent time.
People who hate Trump will hang on any excuse, while those who support him will see it differently. But if you are pro-gun-rights and do not vote for Trump, Biden will win and Beto O'Rourke may get to come and take your ARs and the SCOTUS will let him.

November 3rd, 2020. will have the final answer.
__________________
Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment


Buy on Amazon? Use smile.amazon.com to contribute to the NRA. $181,944.67 as of February 2020 to the NRA from Amazon purchases.
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 06-22-2020, 12:32 PM
advocatusdiaboli's Avatar
advocatusdiaboli advocatusdiaboli is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rural Central California
Posts: 5,428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfvshooter View Post
I guess you missed all the articles about K-pop stans & tiktok teens.

Google k-pop tiktok Trump.
NO I read the unsupported with facts diatribes. I don't believe anything AOC says. Ever.

I also noted something interesting...
For 3 1/2 years the Democrats have screamed falsely that Trump interfered with the election process with Russia's help. Such an outrage! But that has been de-bunked and proven false.

And yet, a Democrat in Congress is boldly taking credit for and lauding the very same thing when their side does it: committing wire fraud to deny Americans their right to political assembly.

Many Americans will remember that hypocrisy and double-standard so common on the left this November...


BTW: this is political discussion in the wrong forum: one for updates and discussion of the SCOTUS Cert Denied. I responded this last time, but this needs to go elsewhere. My apologies to all for the transgression.
__________________
Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment


Buy on Amazon? Use smile.amazon.com to contribute to the NRA. $181,944.67 as of February 2020 to the NRA from Amazon purchases.

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 06-22-2020 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 06-23-2020, 8:18 AM
Aguy Aguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
And 6,200 people attended - a third of available seats. A follow-on outdoor venue was canceled due to sparse attendance. This is the kind of event die-hard supporters would have attended. While there may have been multiple reasons for the low attendance, the result is telling.

Have you been drinking the CNN kool-aid? 8 million online viewers with FOX, 2 million from other online independent channels. ~10 million total online viewers. Low attendance but high online viewership.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy.../#279694fd1fe2
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 06-24-2020, 8:34 AM
Murder's Avatar
Murder Murder is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 30
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
And 6,200 people attended - a third of available seats. A follow-on outdoor venue was canceled due to sparse attendance. This is the kind of event die-hard supporters would have attended. While there may have been multiple reasons for the low attendance, the result is telling.

>a single rally out of literal dozens under-performed during an economic and health crisis - surely Drumpf is finished this time :~)

lmao
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 06-24-2020, 1:23 PM
advocatusdiaboli's Avatar
advocatusdiaboli advocatusdiaboli is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rural Central California
Posts: 5,428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder View Post
>a single rally out of literal dozens under-performed during an economic and health crisis - surely Drumpf is finished this time :~)

lmao
Nice puerile name calling...what are you 13?

FYI...
More young people watched it on Fox than CNN or MSNBC!
Among viewers 25-54, the viewing group most valued by advertisers,

FNC finished first in the 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. time period with 1.54 million viewers,
followed by CNN (562,000 viewers) and
MSNBC (294,000).
Together, they were not even half of Fox News total.

Fox News rules. MAGA
__________________
Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment


Buy on Amazon? Use smile.amazon.com to contribute to the NRA. $181,944.67 as of February 2020 to the NRA from Amazon purchases.

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 06-24-2020 at 1:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #901  
Old 06-24-2020, 1:52 PM
jwkincal's Avatar
jwkincal jwkincal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,504
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
Nice puerile name calling...what are you 13?

FYI...
More young people watched it on Fox than CNN or MSNBC!
Among viewers 25-54, the viewing group most valued by advertisers,

FNC finished first in the 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. time period with 1.54 million viewers,
followed by CNN (562,000 viewers) and
MSNBC (294,000).
Together, they were not even half of Fox News total.

Fox News rules. MAGA
Pretty sure his post was satire.
__________________
Get the hell off the beach. Get up and get moving. Follow Me! --Aubrey Newman, Col, 24th INF; at the Battle of Leyte

Certainty of death... small chance of success... what are we waiting for? --Gimli, son of Gloin; on attacking the vast army of Mordor

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
--Patrick Henry; Virginia, 1775
Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 06-24-2020, 4:09 PM
advocatusdiaboli's Avatar
advocatusdiaboli advocatusdiaboli is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rural Central California
Posts: 5,428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkincal View Post
Pretty sure his post was satire.
No one calls him Drumpf in satire...says lmao cynically...
The ChiCom trolls use those memes.

And he has a low post count.

My spidey-sense says: Troll sign.
__________________
Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment


Buy on Amazon? Use smile.amazon.com to contribute to the NRA. $181,944.67 as of February 2020 to the NRA from Amazon purchases.
Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 07-02-2020, 7:37 AM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,954
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The thing that's frightening to me is that out of all those cases, covering everything from handgun rosters, to hicaps, to AWs/EBRs, to OC/CC, SCOTUS felt there wasn't even one issue they were confident they could get 5 of them to agree on. To me, the most obvious "new" area of 2nd A Con law that they should have been able to agree on at some minimal, bare bones level would be Carry, that there is some right to "Bear Arms." Yet they wouldn't even accept one of the Carry cases (and note well it was a Carry case Thomas chose to write his dissent).

That the antis are sooo anti they won't admit any "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" should frighten everyone of us to fight for Trump to win re-election and for the GOP to hold the Senate like there were ATF agents gathering in front of our homes, preparing for a "no knock" seizure of all of our weapons. (Winning back the House would be good too.)

Trump campaign:
https://trumpvictory.com/

GOP Senate campaign:
https://www.nrsc.org/

GOP House campaign:
https://www.nrcc.org/
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 07-02-2020 at 7:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 07-03-2020, 5:52 PM
advocatusdiaboli's Avatar
advocatusdiaboli advocatusdiaboli is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rural Central California
Posts: 5,428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The thing that's frightening to me is that out of all those cases, covering everything from handgun rosters, to hicaps, to AWs/EBRs, to OC/CC, SCOTUS felt there wasn't even one issue they were confident they could get 5 of them to agree on.
It is worrisome the 4 conservative-leaning justices don't have confidence they could count on Roberts to vote with them on even one of the certs.

We are in a limbo now until November 4th (or perhaps the January 2021 inauguration depending on who wins in November): right now the 2nd is not longer a federal right (as it is supposed to be as an enumerated right), but an individual state-granted "privilege" to be restricted at the whim of each state.

The scenarios I see are...

If Trump wins: we will re-gain the federal right if/when either Roberts or RGB retires. Otherwise, without a conservative shift in the House, we're treading water...no new laws at the federal level, the SCOTUS will continue to avoid the risk of losing certs on gun case, and states which choose to, will gradually reduce the "privilege to keep and bear arms and ammunition".

if Trump loses: the right is dead for several decades: Biden has already promised "Beto" O'Rourke will be his "gun czar" and we already know what he thinks about ARs and other guns, the status quo will allow states to continue infringe on the "privilege to keep and bear arms (and ammunition)" at their whim. More permanently, he'll fill any vacancy with an anti-gun justice and that will be the last nail in the coffin.

I will vote in the election but my vote for Trump will not matter: the electoral college votes in California are very likely to go all to Biden.
Other votes will also have little impact based on the mid-terms.
But I won't give up as long as I am still registered here.
Every gun owner who cares about their right of self-defense and the 2nd Amendment as well as America's tradition of freedom and liberty needs to get out and vote. If the radicals can take away the right of the police to defend themselves, your right to do so will be a cake-walk.
__________________
Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment


Buy on Amazon? Use smile.amazon.com to contribute to the NRA. $181,944.67 as of February 2020 to the NRA from Amazon purchases.

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 07-03-2020 at 7:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 07-03-2020, 6:56 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,954
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
I will vote in the election but my vote for Trump will not matter: the electoral college votes in California are very likely to go all to Biden.
Other votes will also have little impact based on the mid-terms.
But I won't give up as long as I am still registered here.
Volunteer and donate to the GOP links I provided. They'll use you & your money to focus on "swing" states to reelect Trump, keep the Senate GOP and try to retake the House.

If we lose this, the country is lost forever. Too many "swamp"/"deep state" RINOs have gone along w/Dems to import people who have no idea of how our federal republic was meant to operate and, frankly, don't care. They just want to make money and live like they're in their homelands ("multiculturalism" "diversity").
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 07-03-2020, 8:11 PM
advocatusdiaboli's Avatar
advocatusdiaboli advocatusdiaboli is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rural Central California
Posts: 5,428
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Volunteer and donate to the GOP links I provided. They'll use you & your money to focus on "swing" states to reelect Trump, keep the Senate GOP and try to retake the House.
We will do our level best as always to get out the votes.
If nothing else our tenacity scares them or pisses them off or both.
And that is better than nothing.
My reps ignore me...except around election time...then they pretend to listen and pretend to care.
Quote:
State Assembly (District 13):
Assembly Member Susan Talamantes Eggman-DEM
State Senate (District 5):
Senator Cathleen Galgiani-DEM
__________________
Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment


Buy on Amazon? Use smile.amazon.com to contribute to the NRA. $181,944.67 as of February 2020 to the NRA from Amazon purchases.
Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 07-13-2020, 3:28 PM
lowimpactuser lowimpactuser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,858
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Was just reading an article about BLM folks in NY planning on arming themselves for self protection. Carry laws originated from disarming Black Panthers. Best of luck to BLM trying to repeal those.
If you think they're going to fight for overturning laws, as opposed to arbitrary and capricious enforcement so it doesn't affect them but affects everyone else, you're stuck in the old, pre-red guard paradigm.

DeBlasio blessing the BLM protests while insisting concerts and even Jews going to temple need to have their gates welded shut should be an indicator. In New York City, being willing to go after religious Jews, means literally every religion better expect the full weight of arbitrary enforcement.

Imagine if the FBI sent 15 agents to investigate any of the beatings of protestors like they did in the NASCAR driver's triggering by garage pull.

No, we are entering a dark time where the law as written matters less than who appears before the bench. The idea of equal before the law will rapidly become a quaint notion on the course we are on. I doubt replacement of Roberts or RBG will stop this slide into the abyss.
__________________
KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:25 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical