Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-24-2018, 9:12 AM
Veteran Member

No body will dis assemble the bill of rights.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 05-24-2018, 9:34 AM

The only way SCOTUS will take a 2A case, is when Sessions files it.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Common use strips any new firearms from protection. It also puts MGs, DDs and SBR/SBSs outside 2A.

Reasonable regulation leaves the door open for just about any law they want.

SCOTUS has only saw fit to protect handguns in the home. Don’t expect them to do anything else.
Old 06-06-2018, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Like the SCOTUS in the 1850's, important cases are being ignored. We know how those cases ended in 1861.
The older I get the more I come to believe that no rebellion/revolution/civil war of any kind will ever take place.

I see report after report of gun owners being arrested/charged not because they committed a crime against another person or against property, but because they violated some statute, somewhere.

No matter how heavily armed they are, the accused person is always quietly led away to their future home in a cage. No resistance.

Americans today are very, very different from those of the late 18th Century.

Last edited by Shanghai guy; 06-07-2018 at 6:11 AM..
Old 06-06-2018, 5:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

A friend from down south, as in the real south and not Los Angeles, put it just right when he said "Ain't nobody gonna shoot Uncle Sugar with the 2nd Amendment". I suppose a book could be written on the subject, but it wouldn't be said any better.
Old 06-07-2018, 4:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai guy View Post
The older I get the more I come to believe that no rebellion/revolution/civil war of any kind will ever take place.

I see report after report of someone being arrested for owning a gun not because they committed a crime against another person or against property, but because they violated some statute, somewhere.

No matter how heavily armed, the accused person is always quietly led away to their future home in a cage. No resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher
A friend from down south, as in the real south and not Los Angeles, put it just right when he said "Ain't nobody gonna shoot Uncle Sugar with the 2nd Amendment". I suppose a book could be written on the subject, but it wouldn't be said any better.
Sadly... Over the years, I've come to a similar conclusion.

I still haven't given up hope that there are those who will stand for Liberty and Freedom; but, I've come to believe that it is, at best, a regional response rather than a nationwide effort. Call it "Going Galt" or "Irish Democracy" or "Battle of Athens: Redux" or similar. But, I still feel as though there are areas of the country far more likely to push back if shoved hard enough by a repressive Government.

In fact, such regional differences are part of why some have suggested from the beginning that the U.S. should have been broken up into such regions rather than States, where States are simply arbitrary designations separated by artificial lines on a map. Kind of along the lines of the Nine Nations of North America...

...except with smaller regions based on more specific aspects of ideology/culture rather than simply a view of 'resources/economics.' Unfortunately, the fractious, disparate, and non-contiguous nature of such 'regions,' not to mention their relative small sizes, would make them highly vulnerable to a 'strong' Government or, at least, one with sufficient muscle to enforce whatever nefarious agenda it chose.
Old 06-07-2018, 5:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Exclamation

Unpossible. Unless they repealed Almighty God - who GIVES all rights, enumerated in the Constitution, and otherwise - while they were at it.

And as a member of the LCMS, I'm pretty sure I'd of heard something about THAT, at church on Sunday...
Old 06-07-2018, 8:52 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

I see report after report of gun owners being arrested/charged not because they committed a crime against another person or against property, but because they violated some statute, somewhere.

No matter how heavily armed they are, the accused person is always quietly led away to their future home in a cage. No resistance.

True. As long as the masses can buy cheap chi-com crap at Walmart and their smart phones still work they won't lift a finger for anything else.
Old 06-07-2018, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
Tell him to walk down the street in CA with an AR....
Old 06-07-2018, 10:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
And if you play for the 49er's you get off pretty much scot free. The 1% sure knows its own. $235 in fines and court costs for a clearly illegal (under CA law) assault weapon. I've had traffic tickets that cost more than twice that.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
Ever wonder why the big anti-tobacco push by the Federal government? Was it to help keep people from dying from cancer? With the social security system in the red? Did they really want people to live to ripe old ages to collect social security? Or, was it because tobacco was a big part of the economy of the Rebel South?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpcservice View Post
Tell him to walk down the street in CA with an AR....
The quote includes nothing to suggest that Uncle Sugar won't shoot proles over the 2nd, just the other way 'round.

Certainty of death... small chance of success... what are we waiting for? --Gimli, son of Gloin; on attacking the vast army of Mordor

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
--Patrick Henry; Virginia, 1775
Old 06-07-2018, 2:11 PM
Veteran Member

The Solution. Ginsberg RIP 2018. Kennedy Retires 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2018, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
Ginsberg RIP 2018.
It seems she will go for a few more years, more radical than ever.