Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-27-2018, 9:42 PM

Default Question for those with Ca permits

My range day is coming up 8/11. I want to put 3 guns on my permit but I donít want to take 3 pieces of Tupperware with me. Is it acceptable to carry in a range bag with gun locks installed?
Thanks for the help
Old 07-27-2018, 9:50 PM
SeŮor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSMike View Post
My range day is coming up 8/11. I want to put 3 guns on my permit but I donít want to take 3 pieces of Tupperware with me. Is it acceptable to carry in a range bag with gun locks installed?
Thanks for the help
Anything that is legal for transport is fine.
I put all of mine in a locked range bag.

Keep in mind that you will walk out to the line with EVERYTHING you bring, shoot, and leave without returning to the bench, so a single bag with your guns, mags, and ammo is smart.
Also smart to bring extra mags... pre-load all but one with 5 rounds each. The one empty mag will be used for inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSMike View Post
Thanks for the help
So take one piece of Tupperware that holds 3 guns.

You need to transport your weapons in a manner which complies with state law.

If you're comfortable using the set up you described then go for it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 07-29-2018, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Anything that is legal for transport is fine.
I put all of mine in a locked range bag.

Keep in mind that you will walk out to the line with EVERYTHING you bring, shoot, and leave without returning to the bench, so a single bag with your guns, mags, and ammo is smart.
Also smart to bring extra mags... pre-load all but one with 5 rounds each. The one empty mag will be used for inspection.
+1 for this. I saw a few people bring so much stuff to range day and see them struggling carrying all their stuff to the line lol. I brought three handguns, two mags each and whatever else that was necessary in one small locked range bag.
Old 07-29-2018, 4:52 PM

Ouch August. Don’t forget lots of sunscreen & water. Like others said make it easy, small range bag with a lock on it-something you can easily carry 50-100yrds no problem.
Old 08-02-2018, 2:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Default FEE INCREASE

ATTN ALL NEW APPLICANTS

I just saw that the San Bernardino county sheriff's department has changed the fees for getting your CCW.

Make sure you check your paperwork for the correct amount.

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...-fees_0718.pdf

Last edited by morrcarr67; 08-02-2018 at 2:52 PM.. Reason: Adding title
Old 08-02-2018, 6:40 PM
SeŮor Member

So total is $26 more, $12 of that is the range fee increase.
I'm glad they clarified the marriage license issue.
It is now required for ALL marriages, but clarified as only if you have ever used a different last name, or want to put your spouse's gun on your permit.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-02-2018, 7:45 PM

Quote:
So total is $26 more, $12 of that is the range fee increase.
I'm glad they clarified the marriage license issue.
It is now required for ALL marriages, but clarified as only if you have ever used a different last name, or want to put your spouse's gun on your permit.
Still leaves the question of needing them for first, second etc.......
Some have been done that road more than once.
Old 08-02-2018, 7:56 PM
SeŮor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
Still leaves the question of needing them for first, second etc.......
Some have been done that road more than once.
Looks like they want a solid history on identity without any gaps (you could have been a wild child when you were Mrs .44Mag )
I had a hell of a time getting my security clearance at Douglas because Trak Auto's HR department "left" a 3 month gap in employment while my promotion from counter guy to manager was being processed... got paid every 2 weeks but HR showed that I didn't work there

Quote:
Old 08-04-2018, 2:53 PM

RealID DL arrived. One trip to DMV, in and out in just over an hour.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
ATTN ALL NEW APPLICANTS

I just saw that the San Bernardino county sheriff's department has changed the fees for getting your CCW.

Make sure you check your paperwork for the correct amount.

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...-fees_0718.pdf
How does that affect those who have already paid the original amount for the 20% admin fee and are waiting for their range date? My buddy was told his exact fees (the old fees) that he is to bring with him to the range when they called him for the range date. Would he bring money orders for the old or the new amounts?
Old 08-04-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznunt View Post
How does that affect those who have already paid the original amount for the 20% admin fee and are waiting for their range date? My buddy was told his exact fees (the old fees) that he is to bring with him to the range when they called him for the range date. Would he bring money orders for the old or the new amounts?
It doesnt. Your buddy should pay the old fees hes been told (100/122.40), the new fees apply to anyone applying after the date it was changed.

Source - Woman working the CCW/employment desk for the county.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:23 AM
SeŮor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetIE View Post
It doesnt. Your buddy should pay the old fees hes been told (100/122.40), the new fees apply to anyone applying after the date it was changed.

Same thing happened between my interview and pickup date. There was a similar small increase (IIRC it was like 4%) in late '15.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2018, 3:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Same thing happened between my interview and pickup date. There was a similar small increase (IIRC it was like 4%) in late '15.
Thanks a lot guys, I'll pass it on.
Old 08-06-2018, 9:08 AM

Quote:
RealID DL arrived. One trip to DMV, in and out in just over an hour.
My time in DMV was about 35 minutes. Most of the delay was my birth certificate seal isn't real deep. I was going to be like WTF if they made me get another one because they weren't satisfied with the freakin' seal!

I'm still waiting for it to arrive... slowpokes! It seems most people receive theirs in under a week... I've been waiting over a week (and I just bought 2 new guns over the weekend that I can't DROS now that I applied for the stupid real ID and got my fed limits apply one punched with a hole!)
Old 08-06-2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_toaster View Post
My time in DMV was about 35 minutes. Most of the delay was my birth certificate seal isn't real deep. I was going to be like WTF if they made me get another one because they weren't satisfied with the freakin' seal!

I'm still waiting for it to arrive... slowpokes! It seems most people receive theirs in under a week... I've been waiting over a week (and I just bought 2 new guns over the weekend that I can't DROS now that I applied for the stupid real ID and got my fed limits apply one punched with a hole!)
No one punched a hole in mine.
Old 08-06-2018, 1:46 PM

Quote:
No one punched a hole in mine.
The hole punch is luck of the draw. Wife and I went the same day to get ours and had different agents; mine got punched, hers didnít...new one came in the mail exactly 7 days later though.
Old 08-06-2018, 4:43 PM
Formerly Gecko45
CGN Contributor

They punched a hole in my new wife’s. They told her to only use the paper until her new license arrives
Mark 16:16
Old 08-07-2018, 8:31 AM

Got my new license yesterday! Just over a week....

It sucked that the gun store had a sale and I bought two guns I couldn't DROS because of the hole. (They will take the "fed limits apply" but not the hole!) But now I'm all DROSd and just waiting for my 10 unconstitutional days!

Last edited by pink_toaster; 08-07-2018 at 8:33 AM..
Old 08-10-2018, 1:10 PM

Hi! I'm moving to San Bernardino in a few more months (likely in Highland) and I want to know what do they define as "full-time resident"? If I spend a majority of the year there but go to another county in CA for a month or two (I won't own property in that other county) do I lose the "full-time residency"?

My car registration and driver's license will still show the San Bernardino address but I may have to change my mailing address for the one or two months. If that results in losing "full-time residency" then does keeping the mailing address the same keep my "full-time residency"?
Old 08-10-2018, 1:10 PM

Hi! I'm moving to San Bernardino in a few more months (likely in Highland) and I want to know what do they define as "full-time resident"? If I spend a majority of the year there but go to another county in CA for a month or two (I won't own property in that other county) do I lose the "full-time residency"?

My car registration and driver's license will still show the San Bernardino address but I may have to change my mailing address for the one or two months. If that results in losing "full-time residency" then does keeping the mailing address the same keep my "full-time residency"?
Old 08-10-2018, 1:25 PM
SeŮor Member

They expect it to be your primary residence, minimum would be 50% of the year (though going strictly by the 50% standard I think I spend 50% of my time out of the county at my office and on LA freeways )
They will stop by your neighborhood and knock on a couple of doors, asking your neighbors some simple questions like how long they have known you, if there have been any personal conflicts or loud parties... just general character reference stuff, and from that they will get a feeling as to whether you actually live there or not.
Generally, the residence check will happen a couple of weeks after your interview.

The main thing they are looking for is someone who actually lives in LA County and is trying to claim their cabin in Big Bear, or maybe claiming to be a roomie with a friend.
Monkey business on residency is the #1 reason for denial by SBSD, but they aren't crazy about it, if you honestly are a resident you will have no problems.

Be careful in Highland. I have some friends that live up above Highland near the 330 and it's pretty nice, but a couple of blocks west or anywhere south of Highland it can be extremely ghetto.

Quote:

Last edited by Cokebottle; 08-10-2018 at 1:28 PM..
Old 08-14-2018, 5:23 PM

So Iím up for my interview this week. The thing is that I live with my folks here in SB. What if I donít have a utility bill? Can I show my car registration?
Old 08-14-2018, 5:41 PM

Any update on this? Same situation
Old 08-14-2018, 6:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowran View Post
So Iím up for my interview this week. The thing is that I live with my folks here in SB. What if I donít have a utility bill? Can I show my car registration?
You need to call them and ask them. Tell them about your situation and they will tell you what they will accept.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 08-15-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow57 View Post

Just do a temporary mail forwarding order.

I got my range date - Sept 15. Final decision time - .45 Commander or 9mm CZ75 for my full size, under a jacket choice? The CZ has night sights but the Commander is probably the most accurate pistol I have. It is full custom by King's Gunworks back in the 70s. The S&W revolver rear sight is a bit sharp, though, and the CZ would be much easier to replace if need be.

How many are usually in a class? I gather I will need to bring a small ice chest for water and lunch. That is probably left in the car, right?

Last edited by Calif Hunter; 08-15-2018 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: additional questions
Old 08-15-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calif Hunter View Post
Just do a temporary mail forwarding order.

I got my range date - Sept 15. Final decision time - .45 Commander or 9mm CZ75 for my full size, under a jacket choice? The CZ has night sights but the Commander is probably the most accurate pistol I have. It is full custom by King's Gunworks back in the 70s. The S&W revolver rear sight is a bit sharp, though, and the CZ would be much easier to replace if need be.

How many are usually in a class? I gather I will need to bring a small ice chest for water and lunch. That is probably left in the car, right?
WOW! That was really fast! Didn't you just have your interview a couple of weeks ago?
Old 08-15-2018, 4:26 PM

My interview was on July 13, so just over a month ago.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:52 PM

So update. I called and they stated that there are no exceptions regarding utility bills Looks like I'm losing my appointment.
Old 08-16-2018, 5:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
So update. I called and they stated that there are no exceptions regarding utility bills Looks like I'm losing my appointment.
How long between when you applied and your interview date?
Old 08-22-2018, 5:17 PM

Smile

Quote:
You should be able to change the water or Gas bill to your name then setup a new appt.. It should only take a day or 2 to setup and the Gas Co. will send you a letter of confirmation within 2-3 days verifying you as the utility account holder so you won't have to wait for the next billing to show up.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndUp View Post
You should be able to change the water or Gas bill to your name then setup a new appt.. It should only take a day or 2 to setup and the Gas Co. will send you a letter of confirmation within 2-3 days verifying you as the utility account holder so you won't have to wait for the next billing to show up.

His post was from last week and said that his appointment was that week... so too late.... based on his own words, his appointment date passed.
Old 08-23-2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_toaster View Post
His post was from last week and said that his appointment was that week... so too late.... based on his own words, his appointment date passed.
OP still hasn't answered how long from app date to interview appointment. There was more than likely time to 'fix' the address issue.
Old 08-23-2018, 5:40 PM

Quote:
OP still hasn't answered how long from app date to interview appointment. There was more than likely time to 'fix' the address issue.
True. My post was more of dig to read to read a few posts back to get the background before posting.....

(Unless OP was one of the lucky ones to get a cancellation appointment when he signed up... which, of course, we don't know either.... but you are correct... if it was the usual 5-8 month wait... he had plenty of time.....)
Old 08-25-2018, 7:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Has anyone asked if/when the Sheriff's Office will switch to online applications/renewals? If so, what did they say?

It's a good way for the sheriff to save time, money and effort/staff time in processing apps. Easier for applicants too, speeding up the process and it's especially helpful for renewals since those can be done entirely online from home.

Just trying to eliminate needless bottlenecks in the process.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 08-25-2018, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Has anyone asked if/when the Sheriff's Office will switch to online applications/renewals? If so, what did they say?

It's a good way for the sheriff to save time, money and effort/staff time in processing apps. Easier for applicants too, speeding up the process and it's especially helpful for renewals since those can be done entirely online from home.

Just trying to eliminate needless bottlenecks in the process.
SBSD went to an online app mid last year. Can even choose your interview date.

Last edited by SunsetIE; 08-25-2018 at 8:40 AM..
Old 08-25-2018, 8:37 AM

Quote:
SBSD went to an online app/renewal mid last year. Can even choose your interview date
I don't see an option for SUBMITTING your renewal paperwork online.
Only for the app to be printed.

NOTICE – BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AND DOCUMENTS TO SHERIFF’S
HEADQUARTERS (655 E. 3RD STREET, SAN BERNARDINO, CA. 92415).
EMPLOYEE RESOURCES HOURS: MONDAY – FRIDAY, 8:00AM TO 4:00PM.
(NO RENEWALS WILL BE PROCESSED ON CLASS DAYS.)

Last edited by 38Special; 08-25-2018 at 8:48 AM..
Old 08-25-2018, 8:40 AM

Quote:
I don't see an option for SUBMITTING your renewal paperwork online.
Only for the app to be printed.
My apology, hadnt actually gone through the link fully.
Old 08-25-2018, 8:58 AM

Quote:
My apology, hadnt actually gone through the link fully.
The option to fill/print your renewal has been available for a number of years.
Old 08-25-2018, 3:34 PM
SeŮor Member

Ya, renewals are cake if you have the class schedule and awareness to call in time to schedule your class.
The renewal "interview" is a walk-in any time you want, no appointment needed.

But my expiration falls in January, and they don't mail out the following year's class schedule until October. You can schedule your class up to 90 days in advance, but by the time the October mailing comes out, you aren't going to get into a class before mid-February since the holidays mess up the schedules.
I called in late August to schedule my class just after the 90-day mark.
The holidays can throw a monkey wrench in the schedule with vacations and such.

Quote: