Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob145 View Post
I was arguing with an anti gunner and asked him what he would do in the event of a home invasion. He said he would let them take all his things. Then I asked him what would he do if they did not stop there and wanted to rape and kill his wife and daughter. He then said he would beat the home invaders with a bat or his fists. Then I asked them what good is your bat or fists gonna do when they are armed with guns??? He did not know what to say after that!
Ask him if he would call the police (if he was able to).
After he says, "Yes," ask him, "So...you don't want guns in your house, but when you're in trouble & need help, you'll call the police...people with guns?"

Then, suggest he stop getting his information from movies...where one guy with a bat or his fists takes out three or four assailants. Or ever 10 or 20 like a Bruce Lee movie.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:44 AM

Ask your friend if he has auto insurance. Then ask your friend if he has a fire extinguisher in his home. Finally ask him if he owns a first aid kit.

Like with a firearm, we all hope we never have to use them. But they are all great to have when you need them.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal P320 View Post
One of my favorites. I love the way the thug sees what he thought was a helpless woman & calmly approaches her....until that first shot from her gun.
Never saw someone run away that fast.
Old 10-17-2017, 1:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Those American Rifleman Armed Citizen stories are good examples and a good read.
Old 10-17-2017, 2:10 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
When I acquired a suitable firearm for home protection, my family mostly rolled their eyes about my "needing self protection", especially living in such a nice area. After I shot an intruder who had come in and stalked me upstairs and down, they mostly kept quiet about the subject. In a separate incident where my wife had two near-intruders almost gaining entry, she was totally on board with firearms for self protection.

All it takes is experience . . .
TWO home invasions.? (or nearly two) We need to look at your definition of exactly what a "nice area" is. You'd have better odds of winning the lottery than experiencing ONE much less TWO home invasion incidents in MY city.
Old 10-17-2017, 2:12 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Yep. It happens. Happens all the time. But.... statistically, you'd be more likely to get attacked by a shark than involved in a home invasion. As long as they are properly handled and secured, there is NO downside to having a firearm at the ready for home protection. There is NO tradeoff here.
Old 10-17-2017, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
TWO home invasions.? (or nearly two) We need to look at your definition of exactly what a "nice area" is. You'd have better odds of winning the lottery than experiencing ONE much less TWO home invasion incidents in MY city.
The bad guys come into our neighborhood, from about 20 miles away, because
we tend to work daytime hours and leave our houses full of good stuff all day long.
Old 10-17-2017, 7:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewpolar View Post
Thanks guys, good examples and I will forward it to him.

I just learned something and it blows my mind. This guy is a gun owner!!!!! He owns 2 pistols and one shotgun! Granted, he inherited them but....

He keeps them locked away in his basement. He is arguing that the stats show that having a gun in the house makes you statistically more unsafe and that there have been almost no cases of a homeowners defending themselves successfully against armed intruders. Further, he lives in San Francisco, which is not exactly Mayberry. And to top it all off, he is a 60 something year old attorney, not a 20 year old snowflake. So he should know that bad stuff can and does happen in life. He is ultra liberal though so clearly ideology is at play. Hopefully these examples will have him pull out those guns out of the basement. I'm not hopeful though.

P.S. Is there a way I can copy and paste the videos and just drop them into an email? When I try to copy them, it just shows a link to Calguns. Anyway to decouple them from this site and have them as a standalone link that refers the user back to the original source? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In bold....that one point would prove to me he's a fool
Old 10-17-2017, 8:20 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
The bad guys come into our neighborhood, from about 20 miles away, because
we tend to work daytime hours and leave our houses full of good stuff all day long.
Do you really believe that the thugs are commuting nearly a half an hour each way to rob and burglarize your particular neighborhood? Statistically, thieves steel much closer to home
Old 10-17-2017, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Do you really believe that the thugs are commuting nearly a half an hour each way to rob and burglarize your particular neighborhood? Statistically, thieves steel much closer to home
It is a fact. They are sometimes caught (some after catching a round) and they are invariably from East of Eden.
Old 10-17-2017, 8:41 PM

Quote:

Thugs absolutely do commute and commit crimes in other areas. I live in Antioch and we have people coming from Oakland and Richmond and committing their crimes. It makes sense since there’s more money, and therefore, more nice things in other areas. It doesn’t help that they know people in other areas so they’ll be around. A couple years ago, we had a guy from Richmond who stole a couple cars at gunpoint, drive back and forth from Antioch to Walnut Creek before ending up crashing a car down the street from my house and taking hostages in a nearby gas station. I was home, sick when all this was happening and listening to the police scanner app with my 1911 on my bed with me. So, maybe they do most of their crimes in their own neighborhoods but they do hit other neighborhoods too, even if they have to drive.

Old 10-17-2017, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlrat37 View Post
This one happened not far from my house, he even posted some gunpoint pics of them on the ground.

https://www.google.com/amp/ktla.com/...-arrested/amp/
Warning shot. Doh! Faithful follower of Joe Biden I see.
Old 10-17-2017, 9:35 PM

Quote:
It's not that uncommon for the cops to catch burglars / car thieves from Oakland, Antioch and Richmond who commuted to Fremont via BART. Sometimes they just hit the nearby parking lots, hop back on BART, move on to the next station, rinse and repeat.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:36 PM

Last week in San Jose on a street where the homes are $2-3 million:

Quote:
Roughly an hour later, four suspects tried to break into a residence on the 2500 block of Cottle Avenue, Tepoorten said. The homeowner grabbed a gun and confronted the suspects in the front yard, where he was shot at least once by one of the suspects. The foursome drove off in an SUV.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/1...n-crime-spree/
Old 10-18-2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewpolar View Post
Thanks guys, good examples and I will forward it to him.

I just learned something and it blows my mind. This guy is a gun owner!!!!! He owns 2 pistols and one shotgun! Granted, he inherited them but....

He keeps them locked away in his basement. He is arguing that the stats show that having a gun in the house makes you statistically more unsafe and that there have been almost no cases of a homeowners defending themselves successfully against armed intruders. Further, he lives in San Francisco, which is not exactly Mayberry. And to top it all off, he is a 60 something year old attorney, not a 20 year old snowflake. So he should know that bad stuff can and does happen in life. He is ultra liberal though so clearly ideology is at play. Hopefully these examples will have him pull out those guns out of the basement. I'm not hopeful though.

P.S. Is there a way I can copy and paste the videos and just drop them into an email? When I try to copy them, it just shows a link to Calguns. Anyway to decouple them from this site and have them as a standalone link that refers the user back to the original source? Thanks

Those BS gun stats by libs are based on suicides, as has been stated already.

Here's another incident, where the family members of a Calgunner were attacked:

http://abc30.com/news/3-killed-1-inj...e-say/2068183/

Old 10-18-2017, 3:07 AM

Footage: Store Owner Defends self and store with AR-15 rifle
against 3 armed robbers

Published on Jul 29, 2015 77,036 views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUUKDv85DSY

Also, there has been numerous studies on Defensive Gun Use, and even
the studies done by a Biased, Anti Gun Hack, David Hemenway, a
professor of Health Policy at the Harvard School of Public Health, admits
there are at least 55k to 80k cases per year, a very low estimate compared
to most other studies:

Quote:
A commonly cited 1995 study by Kleck and Gertz estimated that between
2.1 and 2.5 million DGUs occur in the United States each year
Defensive Gun Use.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

Also... ask him to explain if he thinks More Guns = More Crime

Then why has crime been DECREASING over the years, while Gun Sales
have hit Record Numbers, and there are record number of guns in the
hands of Americans as we speak ?

Older chart, but you get the point:

Also, as CCW permits have increased in the USA, hitting record numbers,
violent crime has fallen.... ask him to explain that as well.

Antis don't like to listen to facts though, cause Feelings.

Noble
Old 10-18-2017, 3:43 AM
Veteran Member

The Australian comedian Jim Jeffries has many of these libs banging the anti gun drums....

The examples from NRA journals each month in the Armed Citizen section are the perfect answer to these attacks.

Figures dont lie but liars figure on gun stats... Certainly when 2/3 of gun deaths are self inflicted suicides. If those suicides factor without guns to death by cops or auto related suicide. What ?
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 10-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win231 View Post
One of my favorites. I love the way the thug sees what he thought was a helpless woman & calmly approaches her....until that first shot from her gun.
Never saw someone run away that fast.
It's hilarious that she was on the phone calling 911 the entire time. She said in an interview that the 911 call did not go through and she was put on hold.

This video just about kills every single Libtard anti-gun argument.

1) " Why don't you call the police?" - She was calling 911 at the time

2) " Why don't you wait until the police arrive?" - She would have gotten shot in the 10 minutes it takes for police to arrive.

3) " They will take your gun and shoot you with it?" They had their own guns and were shooting her with it

etc.. etc.

Too bad we can't make her the new face of the CRPA and have her interview every CA politician just to see the looks on their faces as she destroys their arguments.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not sure where you live, but in Los Angeles County proper, the burglaries are done by Compton/Lynwood/South Central LA residents who drive 20 miles to areas like Palos Verdes, Santa Monica, Cypress, etc. From Compton, you can reach 10 million residents within a 30 mile radius.

My city has weekly updates from the Sheriffs department about burglaries and where they are coming from, what cities burglar cars are registered in.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
In a famous apocryphal story, Willie Sutton was asked by reporter Mitch Ohnstad why he robbed banks. According to Ohnstad, he replied, "Because that's where the money is."
Old 10-19-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal P320 View Post
Not sure where you live, but in Los Angeles County proper, the burglaries are done by Compton/Lynwood/South Central LA residents who drive 20 miles to areas like Palos Verdes, Santa Monica, Cypress, etc. From Compton, you can reach 10 million residents within a 30 mile radius.

My city has weekly updates from the Sheriffs department about burglaries and where they are coming from, what cities burglar cars are registered in.
Yeah, it's like this everywhere. Here in Fremont, we have thugs coming all the way from Richmond! Only the gullible would think they are safe in their nice gated communities with multi-million dollar homes. Thugs know these people have a lot of money, that's why they'll drive that far.