Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2012, 2:13 PM

Default WWII Records

So I remember reading something on this forum a while ago about getting records for relitives who served in WWII, as well as full medals.

My grandfather, who passed away in 2005, was a Engineer SFC and served in the Battle of the Buldge, among other engagements. He received a military funeral, and on his grave, it noted he received the Air Medal. I had not heard anything about this from his stories, and considering he was an Engineer Sergeant, this seemed highly unusual - though I have heard of it happening - transport plane taking fire, crash landings, things like that. Also, things like that don't get put on military headstones lightly - they is research done, and records to prove it all - typically done by the WFV, or a governmental body. Anyway, my father (granddad's son) is all about doing research, and I wanted to find a way to get ahold of his old records, and possibly find the citation for his Air Medal, and get a copy of the medal itself (along with the WWII victory medal, and whatever else my Grandfather earned) I remember some folks posting links to various sites, etc. but my Search Fu has failed me, and I figured I would post something new and try and find the answer. Any help wouldbe appreciated.

JMSenk