Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 01-14-2013, 9:55 AM

hey guys! unfortunately, the 26th is out for me due to work conflicts. please let me know how I can contribute to the tractor fund.

Also, I will be at the range on Friday the 18th around noon. Look for the black F150 pickup if you're there too. I'll snap a few pictures and post them in case anyone wants a preliminary look at the place. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 1:34 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaxwell View Post
hey guys! unfortunately, the 26th is out for me due to work conflicts. please let me know how I can contribute to the tractor fund.

Also, I will be at the range on Friday the 18th around noon. Look for the black F150 pickup if you're there too. I'll snap a few pictures and post them in case anyone wants a preliminary look at the place. Thanks.
Sorry to hear... We will definetly take a donation for the tractor though. I'll put you on the list and pm you the details if we get enough support.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-14-2013, 2:08 PM

Whew, I went up to La Cumbre peak to shoot some panoramic images on Saturday and passed the factory and man was it busy. Fair weather gonna equal more for use to pick up.

BTW driving past the factory is scetchy, it sounds like the rounds are flying right over my car.
Old 01-15-2013, 8:06 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Last time we shot up there, someone down the line was shooting at something that was causing ricochets all over the place. Had to yell at them to knock it off.
Old 01-16-2013, 7:38 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Official Glass Factory Cleanup Drawing

I thought that if we have some incentives, we could bring more participants out to the clean up of the Glass Factory so I am putting my money where my mouth is. Please spread the word to all of your shooting friends and family, we are hoping to have a very healthy turnout and hopefully these prizes will persuade more people to show up and help us.

Besides some smaller items and possibly some Calguns swag, the following items will be given away to participants in a drawing at the end of the clean up.

Grand prize
1944 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Nagant Rifle
Fresh in the box, still has some cosmoline on it, includes cleaning rod, bayonet, ammo pouch, oil can, but no sling. This rifle is currently valued at $250.00

**New Addition** Donated by Calgun User can'thavenuthingood Thank you!
Bluestone Safety Olive Concealment Vest - Retail $62.95

100 rounds of PMC Bronze .223 55 GR Ammunition

100 rounds of Remington UMC 9mm 115 GR Ammunition

100 rounds of Ace Ammo .45 ACP 200 GR Lead Wadcutter Ammunition
(picture not of actual ammo)

100 rounds of CCI Mini Mag 22LR 40GR Ammunition

90 rounds of Yugo 1950s Surplus 8mm Ammunition on stripper clips. Best on modern (24/47, M48, VZ24) Mausers, just to be up front.
Had to drop image to add vest image - ten images per post max

Caldwell Mesh Shell Catcher

Gunmaster Compact Universal Handgun Cleaning Kit

Sightmark .223 Laser Bore Sight

CAA CP Cheek Rest Set

Disclaimers and Rules:
In order to participate in the drawing, you must sign in with the even organizers and work for a minimum of four hours at the cleanup. You must be present at the drawing, which will take place at the end of the cleanup, in order to win. Each participant will receive only one ticket for the drawing so there will not be any repeat winners.

In order to win the grand prize 1944 Izhevsk M44 Rifle, winner must be at least 21 years old, must possess a valid California drivers license and must be a legally eligible person in the State of California for a face to face C&R sale. If you are not a California resident with a valid California drivers license for my C&R logbook, you cannot win the gun.

In order to win any of the ammunition prizes, you must be 21 years of age or older and must possess a valid drivers license to prove it.

Last edited by Capybara; 01-16-2013 at 3:17 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 8:25 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

If You Need a Ride To The Cleanup...

I, along with Gtturborex, am one of the coordinators. As long as you are located west of Camarillo, I can give rides to two volunteers to get to the cleanup on January 26th. The catch is, because I am one of the coordinators, I will be heading up really early and will be returning back to Ventura County probably pretty late, once we are all packed up. So if you get a ride with me, it will be a long day.

If you need a ride, PM me and we will set it up. Wish I could give more people rides that need them, but I have a truck and it will be loaded down with stuff for the shoot so I can only fit two riders.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM

Quick questions, why does the winner need to be 21 for the rifle? And does it have to be a driver's license? Will a CA ID do?

Old 01-16-2013, 2:47 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Hi Simply:

Those were the conditions specified by the donor of the rifle. Same with the ammo. If you are in the drawing and are under 21 and win either the rifle or ammo, I am afraid you will have to pick one of the non-gun or ammo prizes. Sorry, that's how it is.

If you are 21 or over, we could accept a state issued CA ID in place of a DL.

I am adding a Concealed Carry Vest that a fellow Calgunner just donated to our cleanup to the drawing that retails for $62.95. Will try to get some more non-gun, non ammo prizes.
Old 01-16-2013, 6:03 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Man that raffle list looks great! Great job and a special thanks to the donators!

We have got some good news. The tractor has been donated by a friend of one of our members. I removed the tractor donations off the OP. Thanks for everyone's help in putting this together. Only a week and a half to go.

Lets go out and recruit some more volunteers!
Old 01-16-2013, 9:22 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Keep it coming guys and spread the word. We are sitting at about 30 volunteers, we really would like to see 50 to 60. More hands make less work for everyone.

Hope see all of you out there!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 PM

Crap.

Old 01-17-2013, 7:29 AM
CGSSA Associate

./slavering @ the thought of a free m44 for doing what id be doing anyway :lol:
Old 01-17-2013, 7:41 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries

The Concealment Vest is a line of items I'll be carrying on the GunsR4.us website. Comes in both black and olive.
Sizes medium thru 6xl.
How we can work this is whoever wins the vest I'll send your size to you.

Right now I'm figuring out a way to have one onsite for fondling purpose's.
Maybe I'll send my personal one down to Dan?
Concealment Vest C565

Gun Model/s: Mid-Full Size, Sub-Compact
Sizes: Medium - 6XL

This quality garment won’t let you down! Specially designed gun pockets will accommodate both left and right hand shooters.
This vest features:

• Extra pockets capable of holding up to 6 extra magazines
  • 12 additional pockets including a spot to carry extra bullets (for revolvers)
  • The concealed carry pocket is made from tough 1050 Denier Cordura fabric
  • 2 Inner Gun pockets with built in elastic that holds your weapon up for fast draw
  • Spare bullet carrier pack
  • Durable material – 80% Polyester, 20 Cotton

It is a heavy duty vest I'd think may be ideal for IDPA etc.
Lots of pockets and carry either left or right chest.

Not yet posted on GunsR4us site as I am having the site made over into a full blown eCommerce site.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time
Old 01-17-2013, 9:10 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
./slavering @ the thought of a free m44 for doing what id be doing anyway :lol:
Sounds good to me as well.

The vest looks great Vick!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

I will be totally straight with all of you. The idea behind the drawing is to draw more participants. At the end of the day, I am going to ask the more experienced clean up guys who have ran previous ones here at the Glass Factory, "do you think that the drawing helped us to bring in significantly more volunteers?"

If the drawing helps us to bring in more people, I would like expand it, get some sponsors/manufacturers involved, etc. We would like to do at least two and possibly as many as four clean ups a year at the Glass Factory to keep it looking nice and hopefully it can evolve into a real shooting range with a concrete line, target stands, bathroom facilities, etc. The Forestry Service isn't going to bother though if the place always looks like a garbage dump. I wish that people could begin to understand what a precious, unusual and great resource this shooting area is, good shooting places are as rare as hens teeth in SoCal and we cannot afford to let this one go, we need to build it up, maintain it, keep it clean and grow it.

However, if the drawing doesn't greatly expand our volunteer base (if it were me, I would be up there in a heartbeat to possibly win an M44, hard to find ammo, etc.), we probably won't continue with it. So it is up to our volunteers who have already signed up to help us build a community of volunteers to keep this place up.

If you are going to be joining us on the 26th, please, please, please ask all of your friends, family, local gun shop, local scout troop, etc. to come out and join us. Use your Facebook and Twitter, we just posted this on the Calguns Facebook page today. Get the word out. We have roughly 30 confirmed volunteers, ideally we would like to see 50-60 instead.

Trying to build momentum with this clean up, the location, showing the community in Santa Barbara that shooters are responsible, civic minded and we do care about nature and the area, not just shooting up old TVs.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Never been, but Im interested. Would also be interested in carpooling as I drive a big dumb truck that only seats 2
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExiled View Post
Never been, but Im interested. Would also be interested in carpooling as I drive a big dumb truck that only seats 2
Great Ill add you to the list.

Where you coming from for a carpool?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

Im coming from Moorpark
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 AM

Well one thing I would note. We the Calgunner's would more than likely be up there to help regardless especially given the current backlash against gun owners. We all need to do what we can to put our best foot forward.

The purpose of drawings is to pull those who aren't part of the community to help and bring them further into the fold. I would post on Edhat that there is a range clean up with a raffle. That will access those who aren't part of our Calgun's community and will hopefully draw more people than we could normally reach.

Plus there is the added benefit of those that dislike our community will see some thing being done to help in a postive light. Also them posting in the bulletin will drive up its trending and get more people exposed to it and again hopefully draw more people in. Anything regarding guns gets huge views and I cant really see a down side to this story. More views more people.

Sorry my SEO side of me pops out with anything internet ranking.

Just a thought.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Doug:

Can you expand on what Edhat is? A little concerned that antis would see we are giving away an evil gun and ammo in our little drawing?

As all of us know, Santa Barbara proper isn't exactly a haven for gun ownership, traditional values, the 2A, etc.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM

Edhat is a community news feed that serves the central coast. So yes there are anti's on there god are they.

So maybe we shouldn't advertise the raffle but the clean up only. If raffle was running through a FFL for the M44 I couldnt see an issue but you are right. I think they would have a field day with a gun not going through proper background check's. C&R is another complex gun law that would have to be explained and open up another can of worms.

I do think it would be important to get the word out there on the site. There was a scathing post of the glass factory in November and it would be good to show we are doing something about it.

Edhats main site for SB County
http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?id=1394

Post from November
http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm...showcomments=T
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Thanks for the heads up Doug. We, as a team, will take a look at this.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Ok guys. I just went through the entire South Coast group and pm'd all of them. If you got a dupe pm sorry about that as I was trying to send out a blanket message directing everyone to this thread.

Now that my hands hurt I have to get back to work...

Mike
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM

Default bummed I'll miss it

I won't be in the area, but I do appreciate the PM. I rarely check the message boards, so the PM's clue me in. Next time, hopefully!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Thanks for the heads up Doug. We, as a team, will take a look at this.
Sounds good. I didnt want to post anything or use the Calguns name since I am just a member. I am not a big fan of kicking the hornets nest.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgills240 View Post
I won't be in the area, but I do appreciate the PM. I rarely check the message boards, so the PM's clue me in. Next time, hopefully!
Thanks for the response! Glad to know the Pms work
Old 01-17-2013, 2:00 PM

got my pm and i will be there have a wheelbarrow and some trash cans on wheels that i will bring, also wontgiveupmy-weapons-easy said he would come if he didn't have to work so put him as a possible
Old 01-17-2013, 2:04 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodog57 View Post
got my pm and i will be there have a wheelbarrow and some trash cans on wheels that i will bring, also wontgiveupmy-weapons-easy said he would come if he didn't have to work so put him as a possible
Awesome! Added both of you to the OP! See you there.

Mike
Old 01-17-2013, 3:08 PM

Hey just got the PM. Sounds really awesome what you guys are doing, especially with the raffle. Don't know what's up for that weekend, I will have to see. I'd love to win a rifle while at the same time being proactive. Win-win!

Still have a shovel, gloves and rake from when I went to a cleanup at Cherry Creek a few years ago. It was actually a lot of fun, met some great people.
Old 01-17-2013, 4:11 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

We would love to have you Chris, please make it if you can. Even if you don't win the rifle, how about a nice CCW vest or a some .223 PMC Bronze? Good crowd we have coming, we will feed you, we will have a great time, we have a tractor too so we are going to get a lot done that day!
Old 01-17-2013, 4:36 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply115 View Post
Crap.
Simply115 did Eric get a hold of you about a ride from Ventura? Hope it's taken care of.

I've got 3 more friends confirmed. That makes 7 coming with me.
Old 01-17-2013, 6:49 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMountainman View Post
Simply115 did Eric get a hold of you about a ride from Ventura? Hope it's taken care of.

Updated OP. nice recruiting!
Old 01-17-2013, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMountainman View Post

Yeah, we got it all worked out.

Old 01-18-2013, 8:07 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply115 View Post
Yeah, we got it all worked out.
Great, added you to the list!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:57 AM

Sorry, I can't make it Saturday. If something happens and the cleanup gets delayed to Sunday or later, I'll definitely lend a hand.
Old 01-18-2013, 1:50 PM

was up there today but forgot to snap some photos. here are some from dec. 19th. there's a lot more shotgun shells now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1499.jpg (97.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1500.jpg (97.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-18-2013, 1:55 PM
Veteran Member

Good god, we've got work to do.
Old 01-18-2013, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExiled View Post
Good god, we've got work to do.
Yeah, we do. Wish people picked up their trash more.

Old 01-18-2013, 4:01 PM
CGSSA Associate

sadly, "thats not that bad as it has been"
Old 01-19-2013, 9:17 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Are we still doing the barbecue and what would you like us to bring?