Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-04-2013, 9:49 PM

Thumbs up Planned Peaceful Protest in Sacramento on January 19th.

There has been a movement starting up on FaceBook to protest in our state capitals across the country on January 19th. Yours truly got suckered, I mean convinced to organize our protest in our capital here in Sacramento California.

Please make the jump for more information: http://www.facebook.com/events/14463...65131357271463
We as the armed intelligencia have been actively working with all the electrons we can muster in the inerwebie, but as we have plainly seen in places like Illinois and New York City our politicians have been moving forward regardless. It is time to get outside and see the sunlight. Let them not only hear our voices via phone, fax, and email, but also see us. We are teachers, police officers, mothers, fathers, hard working Americans. We can sit on this sight and lament about the things going on or we can say today and now we have had enough! Our rights as Americans are sacred, and part of the fabric of our moral compass as a nation. You may choose to do nothing, or you may choose to peacefully voice your displeasure in our politicians.

This will be a peaceful protest. We will obey all laws, and ordinance for the city in which we choose to protest.
Special Note, this is California!!!!
NO OC or CC allowed!
Even if you have a CCW, this is a protest, the last thing we want is something bad happening.

Given that this is California we discourage it.
Many in recent days have mentioned things like a million man armed march on our nations capital. Well this is almost as good, if not better. Most of the legislation we will see in the coming weeks and months will be at the state level. We must make our voices heard and stand up as Americans to let the world know we will not tolerate this form of tyranny anymore.
So if you are interested please look on FaceBook and find your organizer for your state. You can email them directly via FaceBook.

For those of you on the West Coast in California. Please contact me directly at dsilver668@gmail.com. I will be contacting other organizations, and also would request help by having folks drop flyers off at local gun shops. We need people out there to make an impression. We must show our solidarity, and unity.

I don't think there are any laws against carrying an empty holster. As such this is a great non threatening symbol of the disarmament of American citizens.
As far as dress. I can't tell you how to dress folks, this is America! Business casual is preferred, jeans t-shirt. Showing up in full cammo would probably not set the best image, although there is nothing illegal about it.
The point is we are your average everyday citizens, and that is what we want to convey. We are your neighbors, teachers, church members. We are not some fringe group that can be ignored, or trampled on. We are the 99%.
I will be discussing with the organizer if there is a preferred color, that we can wear to show solidarity. Pink might throw them off a bit eh?? ;-)

Last edited by Sanchanim; 01-05-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 PM

make sure this gets posted in all the forums. I will be there.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchanim View Post
If open carry is allowed we encourage this as well, but only if it is legal and the organizer has given the ok for it.*

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 01-05-2013, 8:03 AM

You do realize that if just one person at the protest fires a gun it will bring down the course of public opinion. What if an anti-gunner is planted at the protest just to do this very thing? A nut-job? I say we do what we can in courts and through communications with senators and congressmen. it's not worth the risk for a protest.
Old 01-05-2013, 8:35 AM

I'm down but I discourage bringing guns. Not worth chancing it. If someone brings one tell.them to put it away. Then if something happens we would know it wasn't our guys and was most likely someone planted there for us to look bad.
Old 01-05-2013, 9:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

You guys gonna be on teevee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Old 01-05-2013, 9:54 AM

Default Follow up!

Ok everyone,
Let it be known as I am preaching to the quire here.
NO OC or CC allowed!
Even if you have a CCW, this is a protest, the last thing we want is something bad happening.
My original post done while tired is a cross post. This is a national protest so there are many states where OC is allowed, and excepted.
If you went to my post on FaceBook you would have read that.
If you are interested in attending please email me. Also if you are able to drop flyers off at you local gun shop or pass them out to friends please do.
Right now we are aiming, no pun intended for 12:00 noon on January 19th.
We will be protesting at Capitals across the country.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Calguns Addict

How about slings and empty holsters?

Quote:
NO OC or CC allowed!
My original post done while tired is a cross post. This is a national protest so there are many states where OC is allowed, and excepted.
Given that this is California we discourage it
Then I recommend editing it from your main post. Some people don't care to read through multiple posts and will show up and say "but I didn't know".

Last edited by FNH5-7; 01-05-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-45 View Post
How about slings and empty holsters?

Then I recommend editing it from your main post. Some people don't care to read through multiple posts and will show up and say "but I didn't know".
I have updated my first post to include your recommendations!
Old 01-17-2013, 7:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ok everyone,
Let it be known as I am preaching to the quire here.
NO OC or CC allowed!
If you went to my post on FaceBook you would have read that.
If you are interested in attending please email me. Also if you are able to drop flyers off at you local gun shop or pass them out to friends please do.
Right now we are aiming, no pun intended for 12:00 noon on January 19th.
We will be protesting at Capitals across the country.
This is true, but if you're encouraging everyone to be disarmed, also encourage everyone to be vigilant. I wouldn't put it over those in power to wind up and turn loose a couple of lunatics into the crowd, fully armed, in order to "prove their case".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRA spends more money in CA than it takes in from here. Please stop spreading misinformation.
-
sbrady@Michel&Associates
Read the full post about NRA activities in CA here.
Old 01-05-2013, 9:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have to agree with what's been said, it is a prime oppurtunity for an anti to plan something to discredit the general attendance.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinwoodland View Post
I have to agree with what's been said, it is a prime oppurtunity for an anti to plan something to discredit the general attendance.
As we get closer I will be speaking with various folks. We will have an organized security staff who's primary function will be to be a fly on the wall and keep things civil.
Old 01-05-2013, 9:57 AM

Also we will be contacting local news agencies so yes we hope to have both TV and radio representatives present.
If there is anyone who works for CalGuns and wants to be there as an official communications liaison, ie you get to talk to folks in the media please contact me directly.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 AM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Old 01-05-2013, 2:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
This is a surprisingly appropriate quote for the suggestion of protesting the actions of anti-gunners in the California state legislature. Not because those inside the State Capitol are evil and not because good men are doing nothing, but because such a protest is comprised of good men accomplishing nothing.

As I have enumerated elsewhere, there is no organization, other than supporters asking people to show up-- now we have two dates suggested both January 19th (a Saturday when no legislator will be there) and February 8th (A Friday where only a few will be able to attend).

The OP is asking civil servants to come in uniform, which simply isnt going to be possible for most if not all, even if they wanted to... their employers will not allow it. While it would lend some credibility if it were possible, this suggests to me that very little thought has been invested in putting an event comprised of a diverse cross section of gun owners.

It is my earnest wish that we oppose the anti-gun legislature, the anti-gun media, and anti-gun law enforcement, but this isnt an effective way to do any of that. If you are determined to use your first amendment right to a redress of your grievances, I would suggest starting with a phone, fax, and letter writing campaign. Bury them in correspondance opposing every piece of legislation being proposed. By keeping updated by the NRA, CGF, and the Firearms Policy Coalition you can unify your efforts and have a greater effect than gettin 200-300 tubby middle aged white guys parading the Capitol grounds reciting bumper sticker sound bites.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01-05-2013, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
This is a surprisingly appropriate quote for the suggestion of protesting the actions of anti-gunners in the California state legislature. Not because those inside the State Capitol are evil and not because good men are doing nothing, but because such a protest is comprised of good men accomplishing nothing.

As I have enumerated elsewhere, there is no organization, other than supporters asking people to show up-- now we have two dates suggested both January 19th (a Saturday when no legislator will be there) and February 8th (A Friday where only a few will be able to attend).

The OP is asking civil servants to come in uniform, which simply isnt going to be possible for most if not all, even if they wanted to... their employers will not allow it. While it would lend some credibility if it were possible, this suggests to me that very little thought has been invested in putting an event comprised of a diverse cross section of gun owners.

It is my earnest wish that we oppose the anti-gun legislature, the anti-gun media, and anti-gun law enforcement, but this isnt an effective way to do any of that. If you are determined to use your first amendment right to a redress of your grievances, I would suggest starting with a phone, fax, and letter writing campaign. Bury them in correspondance opposing every piece of legislation being proposed. By keeping updated by the NRA, CGF, and the Firearms Policy Coalition you can unify your efforts and have a greater effect than gettin 200-300 tubby middle aged white guys parading the Capitol grounds reciting bumper sticker sound bites.
If it isn't possible for folks to be in uniform I am fine with that. It isn't an issue.
The February 8th is still going forward, but as many know, work days are difficult to get folks together if at all.
Now a Saturday means no one is at the office, although the lights might be on.
We are hoping for media coverage, and this certainly does not mean we can't email, write, fax, or call. This is in addition to.
This event is being coordinated across multiple capitals in multiple states. We hope this will in fact gain media coverage, and make a point.
As you well know once a piece of legislation hits committee we are on it. The SAF, NRA and others get the word out and we make our displeasure known.
If we make the evening news in a good way then we will have made our point which is what we are trying to do.
Old 01-05-2013, 3:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This event is being coordinated across multiple capitals in multiple states. We hope this will in fact gain media coverage, and make a point...

...If we make the evening news in a good way then we will have made our point which is what we are trying to do.
Okay. So if media coverage is the goal, has someone stepped forward as the sole media contact for the Sacramento event? Are they presentable (suit and tie) and well spoken? Has a press release been developed for distribution to articulate exactly why you are protesting and how any of that applies to state legislation? Is this media contact prepared to be confronted by not only anti-gun reporters from the media (asking questions like: Why do you support mass shooting of Kindergartners?) but also the antagonism of anti-gun counter protesters intended to disrupt your activities?

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01-05-2013, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadel View Post
Okay. So if media coverage is the goal, has someone stepped forward as the sole media contact for the Sacramento event? Are they presentable (suit and tie) and well spoken? Has a press release been developed for distribution to articulate exactly why you are protesting and how any of that applies to state legislation? Is this media contact prepared to be confronted by not only anti-gun reporters from the media (asking questions like: Why do you support mass shooting of Kindergartners?) but also the antagonism of anti-gun counter protesters intended to disrupt your activities?

Citadel you make some good points, but flooding our legislators with emails is not enough. The gays in this country only represented 2 percent of the population and yet look at what they accomplished by hitting the street in protest for equal rights all across the land.
It's estimated that 51 percent of all households in the U.S. have a gun in the house and you would think that the percentage would mean something, but we are seeing the Second Amendment eroded each year by state and federal anti gun laws.

"A picture is worth a thousand words!" It's time to hit the street!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
That would be me.
Old 01-05-2013, 2:50 PM

I'll be there!

Quote:

I guess this means we should not hold a spot for you? Very well.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale
Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM

I definitely plan on coming. We need to have some kind of clothing/color to wear for solidarity, and a way to ensure that none of those protesting will come armed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharxbyte View Post
I definitely plan on coming. We need to have some kind of clothing/color to wear for solidarity, and a way to ensure that none of those protesting will come armed.
Camo unitards.

Single fin mentality
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM
CGN Contributor

+1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by otteray View Post
Camo unitards.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM

Dude the unitard thing oh heck no!!! Not even on my best day hahahaha
Of course we could all dress up like Precila Queen of the desert in cammo, that would freak people out wouldn't it lol
Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 PM

I'm in and also three of my friends ! See you in Sacramento !

Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 PM

Tagged
Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Sounds like a good idea.

I wouldn't plan on the anti's giving you too much grief as their "attack plan" never changes formula. All you guys have to do is show up and be your average joe selves and keep the tin foil hat nuttery out of the protest.

Also be sure to check out if anyone will be around that is under SS protection otherwise that peaceful protest could land you jail time thanks to HR347.

My 2 cents is this could be a good way to show whoever is interested that gun owners are average day American citizens.

But yeah keep the camo patterns and the "from my cold dead hands" shirts at home. How about something with the flag or red white and blue? A hat or something simple and cheap.

In 1776 we announced we would not be sitting back down.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM

I live in Sac and want to go! I work on Saturday, so will try and get the day off work. I invited at least 10 others to go with through Facebook.

Emailed you my info, as there's 2 shops I pass by daily here in Elk Grove if you want flyers dropped off.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rla_2000 View Post
I live in Sac and want to go! I work on Saturday, so will try and get the day off work. I invited at least 10 others to go with through Facebook.

Emailed you my info, as there's 2 shops I pass by daily here in Elk Grove if you want flyers dropped off.
Got your info and replied.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM

UPDATE:
Ok folks I am going to be organizing the CA protest. Please email me at dsilver668@gmail.com. I want to put together a list for everyone via FB who will be helping etc. It is much easier this way.
Dress for Success: I spoke with Eric. We feel business casual, or nice jeans and polo shirt would be best. I know full camo is all the rage these days, but lets keep that for hunting season. If you are affiliated with a church or synagog I have no issue with you wearing your traditional clothes. If you are an EMT, Police, or active duty, I don't mind you dressing in your "work clothes" PLEASE NOTE, those who are active military you must check with your CO on this! I don't want anyone to get in trouble and a possible discharge because of your fashion choice during this protest.
LEO's:
If you are an LEO and planning on protesting please contact me right away. Safety, and a peaceful protest is critical to our cause. If you will be in uniform I want you to be part of our security team. This means any Sacramento PD who might be involved in basic crowd control can approach you right away if there are any issues at all. If we need to shift crowds, or anything else as far as safety, you can help get the word to everyone else so we can have a civil and well organized event.
As a reminder to all we are the law abiding American people. We want to show our unity for our freedoms under the constitution. Yes this is a Pro-2A event, but if they take that away, then it is only a matter of time before everything else goes too.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 PM

Remember Sanchanim, your not alone in this, there are large pro gun organizations willing to help or give advice. I urge you to contact them for their support.

N.R.A. /A.S.F. etc.

Last edited by vanhahner444@hotmail.com; 01-05-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
Remember Sanchanim, your not alone in this, there are large pro gun organizations willing to help or give advice. I urge you to contact them for their support.

N.R.A. /A.S.F. etc.
We are certainly going to try here..
Old 01-05-2013, 12:53 PM

I think I'm avialable. Count me in I am in Tracy, anybody interested in carpool?
Old 01-05-2013, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindominator View Post
I think I'm avialable. Count me in I am in Tracy, anybody interested in carpool?
I am in Tracy, but no idea how many kids I am going to have with me.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Posted this in another thread from a few weeks ago filled with people who wanted to protest.
Old 01-05-2013, 2:38 PM

I will be there......Vallejo area....
Old 01-05-2013, 2:39 PM

Remind every one attending firearms are prohibited for the average citizen, even with LTC in Capital Park.

Quote:
171c. (a) (1) Any person who brings a loaded firearm into, or
possesses a loaded firearm within, the State Capitol, any legislative
office, any office of the Governor or other constitutional officer,
or any hearing room in which any committee of the Senate or Assembly
is conducting a hearing, or upon the grounds of the State Capitol,
which is bounded by 10th, L, 15th, and N Streets in the City of
Sacramento, shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for a
period of not more than one year, a fine of not more than one
thousand dollars ($1,000), or both such imprisonment and fine, or by
imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170.
(2) Any person who brings or possesses, within the State Capitol,
any legislative office, any hearing room in which any committee of
the Senate or Assembly is conducting a hearing, the Legislative
Office Building at 1020 N Street in the City of Sacramento, or upon
the grounds of the State Capitol, which is bounded by 10th, L, 15th,
and N Streets in the City of Sacramento, any of the following, is
guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in a county jail
for a period not to exceed one year, or by a fine not exceeding one
thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, if
the area is posted with a statement providing reasonable notice that
prosecution may result from possession of any of these items:
(A) Any firearm.
(B) Any deadly weapon described in Section 653k or 12020.
(C) Any knife with a blade length in excess of four inches, the
blade of which is fixed or is capable of being fixed in an unguarded
position by the use of one or two hands.
(D) Any unauthorized tear gas weapon.
(E) Any stun gun, as defined in Section 244.5.
(F) Any instrument that expels a metallic projectile, such as a BB
or pellet, through the force of air pressure, CO2 pressure, or
spring action, or any spot marker gun or paint gun.
(G) Any ammunition as defined in Section 12316.
(H) Any explosive as defined in Section 12000 of the Health and
Safety Code.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to, or affect, any of the
following:
(1) A duly appointed peace officer as defined in Chapter 4.5
(commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, a retired peace
officer with authorization to carry concealed weapons as described in
subdivision (a) of Section 12027, a full-time paid peace officer of
another state or the federal government who is carrying out official
duties while in California, or any person summoned by any of these
officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while he
or she is actually engaged in assisting the officer.
(2) A person holding a valid license to carry the firearm pursuant
to Article 3 (commencing with Section 12050) of Chapter 1 of Title 2
of Part 4, and who has permission granted by the Chief Sergeants at
Arms of the State Assembly and the State Senate to possess a
concealed weapon upon the premises described in subdivision (a).
(3) A person who has permission granted by the Chief Sergeants at
Arms of the State Assembly and the State Senate to possess a weapon
upon the premises described in subdivision (a).
(c) (1) Nothing in this section shall preclude prosecution under
Sections 12021 and 12021.1, Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and
Institutions Code, or any other law with a penalty greater than is
set forth in this section.
(2) The provisions of this section are cumulative, and shall not
be construed as restricting the application of any other law.
However, an act or omission punishable in different ways by different
provisions of law shall not be punished under more than one
provision.

Last edited by pbchief2; 01-06-2013 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: To add PC
Old 01-05-2013, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbchief2 View Post
Remind every one attending firearms are prohibited for the average citizen, even with LTC in Capital Park.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2
I have updated my original post.
NO CC or OC NO AIRSOFT or OTHER weapons that could be seen as a potential threat.
If I need to repeat it I will.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I have updated my original post.
NO CC or OC NO AIRSOFT or OTHER weapons that could be seen as a potential threat.
If I need to repeat it I will.
I would come, but I will not stand out there an obvious target for some anti gun whacko that would love to start shooting to prove a point. If I can't have a gun with me, I won't go. I am not going to be a victim.

You are asking for trouble if you make this a gun free assembly. If you make it known you are carrying, then no one will start any problems.
Old 01-07-2013, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortdick View Post
I would come, but I will not stand out there an obvious target for some anti gun whacko that would love to start shooting to prove a point. If I can't have a gun with me, I won't go. I am not going to be a victim.

You are asking for trouble if you make this a gun free assembly. If you make it known you are carrying, then no one will start any problems.
If you have a CCW, please contact the capital CHP or Sacramento PD. If it is verified that within capital park you are ok to carry, I don't mind. My only concern is that capital park and or the capital it's self is a gun free zone. So in that instance I would hate for there to be an incident where someone is detained because of it.
Please do post your findings, as far as I am concerned if it is legal it is ok by me!