Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 12-14-2018, 8:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Ever have a Kingston/SanDisk/PNY/Samsung/Transcend MicroSD/SD card die from from use?

I have been wondering about this, and the only of the brands listed in the title die and it was maybe a knock-off I got from NY, and it was from eBay. SanDisk replaced it anyway, once I zoomed in to the serial with my camera.

I have spoken with someone in another department at work, and he says with all the Transcends they get, they have never had a Transcend die in a mobile environment of a at least a thousand cards in a production environment.

Just curious about other people's woes, and giving props. based on MFRs of small flash storage.
Old 12-14-2018, 9:23 PM

I've had 1 Samsung micro SD card die on me. Fortunately it was still under warranty so I got it replaced for free. I believe that's the only one, and I have many flash memory devices from various manufacturers. I have USB thumb drives many years old and they're still chugging along.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2018, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

I've had 2 Sandisk micro sd die on me.

Samsung seems to be more reliable. Now that I mentioned it, a few will die on me within the next week.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:14 PM

have had a sandisk microsd give up the ghost. showed up as some pictures starting to corrupt, or outright disappear. then again, it was on its 4th phone, so probably closing on 10 years old at the time.
Old 12-15-2018, 6:37 AM

I only use SanDisk SD cards. There is a 64gb SanDisk SDcard installed in each of the ten computers I personally use. Never had a problem with any of them.