Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 06-26-2017, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post

Never once in my life have I ever hesitated to adequately protect myself in an emergency. I am not likely to hesitate with anything, I am likely to act within the SOP of whatever company I end up hired on with. I was expressing my concerns about it right now at this stage, which is training.

For the record, I was not implying that you didnt know your use of force, or that you were out of turn in any way.
Not sure why you're face palming.

I know you didn't imply that I didn't know my use of force policy. I was stating it matter of factly. Part of knowing one's use of force policy is knowing liability.

I'm not saying that you hesitate. I'm saying that if you're worried about liability of deploying an impact weapon and the backlash you may receive from it; that is hesitation. If you have a tool on your belt that scares you, liability wise, you will hesitate to use it even if you've got the green light. Again, I'm not saying that you hesitate(d) in what you do. I'm going off of you saying that the liability of deploying it scares you, and if it does, you will hesitate to use it which will, in turn, get you hurt.
Old 06-27-2017, 2:27 PM

Ironically the MEU now has EP capable dudes that they roll with so they probably could bring in CAS the next time they get into a jam.
Old 06-27-2017, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
Sadly we can not deploy an MEU with all the goodies on an EP Job and I very much doubt that you will be able to call Air Support !
How awesome would that be though?

Sir, I have a trespass in the south east quadrant. Calling in a danger close air support mission at grid coordinates to follow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
Not sure why you're face palming.

I know you didn't imply that I didn't know my use of force policy. I was stating it matter of factly. Part of knowing one's use of force policy is knowing liability.

I'm not saying that you hesitate. I'm saying that if you're worried about liability of deploying an impact weapon and the backlash you may receive from it; that is hesitation. If you have a tool on your belt that scares you, liability wise, you will hesitate to use it even if you've got the green light. Again, I'm not saying that you hesitate(d) in what you do. I'm going off of you saying that the liability of deploying it scares you, and if it does, you will hesitate to use it which will, in turn, get you hurt.
Agreed regarding knowing ones use of force policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_scooter View Post
Ironically the MEU now has EP capable dudes that they roll with so they probably could bring in CAS the next time they get into a jam.
Really? That is kind of cool, truthfully it is kind of smart, it is good to have some cross training between the two entities.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
How awesome would that be though?

Really? That is kind of cool, truthfully it is kind of smart, it is good to have some cross training between the two entities.
Yes. I mean honestly the concept of PSD dudes calling in CAS seems suuuuuuper silly and would be the least likely to happen but the thought of it sounds pretty hilarious
Old 06-30-2017, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_scooter View Post
Yes. I mean honestly the concept of PSD dudes calling in CAS seems suuuuuuper silly and would be the least likely to happen but the thought of it sounds pretty hilarious
Knowledge is power, having more of it is always good but I agree it is an amusing thought.
Old 07-01-2017, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonBear723 View Post
I find punching people in the face to be the most effective and trustworthy way to go.
Yep, been there, done that! But depending on the size of whom you're punching (women too), spray is a great backup plan. Either way, they are going to the booty house....Lol.

Jake

Last edited by pitbuljake; 07-01-2017 at 11:21 AM..