Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-01-2013, 7:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Default "If gun control works, Chicago ought to be safe."

Chicago Takes Leading Role In National Gun Debate from NPR

Gingrich called Chicago "the murder capital of the United States," adding, "If gun control works, Chicago ought to be safe."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=170872952

Whitehouse.gov petition to ask Obama to spend his spare time in his hometown.
Link is: http://wh.gov/palH

NRA/USCCA/DOJ instructor, NRA CRSO, Journalist

Last edited by ronlglock; 02-02-2013 at 6:36 AM..
Old 02-01-2013, 9:12 PM
retired Goon

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Their argument of course is that all the guns are from outside Chicago and Illinois and their laws don't work because of states like Wyoming, Utah, Texas, and Arizona are indirectly supplying the weapons.

The obvious fallacy here is that drugs are illegal throughout the states and you can bet that Chicago is replete with illicit drugs. They just cannot face the fact that their laws are simply an inconvenience for criminals.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Or Mexico, Norway, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Gun won't stop killing people until people stop using them to kill people...

I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
Their argument of course is that all the guns are from outside Chicago and Illinois and their laws don't work because of states like Wyoming, Utah, Texas, and Arizona are indirectly supplying the weapons.
If that argument were true, then the states where the weapons came from would be more violent than Chicago, but that is far from true.

1.The fundamental fallacy is that gun control is a supply-side approach which attempts to limit access to items of which there is an unlimited supply.

2. Further sealing the doom of the approach is that the vast supply is protected by an amendment that has been deemed fundamental and has been incorporated against the states. Laws suppressing a fundamental right cannot withstand any from of judicial scrutiny, and will eventually fall.

3. Even if the Amendment were repealed, and the 300 million or so existing guns could be magically vaporized (unlikely and impossible, respectively), those in the contraband business would rapidly step in to fill the void, and guns would be about as difficult to get as a bag of weed.

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit

Last edited by Maestro Pistolero; 02-01-2013 at 11:09 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 PM

If guns kill people how does anybody survive a gun show?

You generally run out of time before you run out of ammo.

NRA Member [/FONT***] 
[

Former NRA Member
CGF Member
Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post

The obvious fallacy here is that drugs are illegal throughout the states and you can bet that Chicago is replete with illicit drugs. They just cannot face the fact that their laws are simply an inconvenience for criminals.
Actually the obvious fallacy is that, okay... yes most crime guns in Chicago come from outside of Chicago but if that's the argument then WHYYY pass local gun control laws i they have no effect? At least let law abiding citizens protect themselves. That's because they know the local laws do nothing to prevent crime. It's just to control law abiding folk.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Guys, c'mon you're missing the obvious. The murder rate is crazy in Chicago because of the sunset on the assault weapons ban! I can't imagine just how many 5.56 rounds are being traded.
Old 02-02-2013, 1:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I remember when Bush Jr was president he spent a good amount of time working at his residence in Texas.

I wonder why Obama prefers to spend his spare time in Martha's Vineyard, Hawaii and other such places?

If he did spend time in Chicago and bring 50 Federal agents with him into his hood the collateral effect would be that young peoples lives would be saved. Hell, it would be worth it if only one life where saved.

Something for his constituents to think about. He could go down there on weekends and holidays. The major and Valerie Jared and all their security could pile on and help the people of Chicago.

My mother carried me for 8 months in Chicago. My grandfather and uncles were cops in Chicago. Obama should represent!

Marcus

Last edited by marcusrn; 02-02-2013 at 1:23 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 02-02-2013, 6:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
I remember when Bush Jr was president he spent a good amount of time working at his residence in Texas.

I wonder why Obama prefers to spend his spare time in Martha's Vineyard, Hawaii and other such places?

If he did spend time in Chicago and bring 50 Federal agents with him into his hood the collateral effect would be that young peoples lives would be saved. Hell, it would be worth it if only one life where saved.

Something for his constituents to think about. He could go down there on weekends and holidays. The major and Valerie Jared and all their security could pile on and help the people of Chicago.

My mother carried me for 8 months in Chicago. My grandfather and uncles were cops in Chicago. Obama should represent!

Marcus
So petitioned: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...roots/NjKYP0Nj
Old 02-02-2013, 7:01 AM

I saw a program on NBC national news about Chicago. They interviewed a woman who had lost four children to gang related gun violence. It was a terrible thing to see. But I was shocked when she stated her belief that it was American gun laws that were to blame.

No mention of gangs or the poverty that breeds them. I can't fathom the reasoning that puts an inanimate object at blame before the organized criminals who use them.

“When you want to kill a man, you must shoot for the heart and the Winchester is the best weapon."
-Ramon, A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKinzey
The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)
Old 02-02-2013, 7:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTokarev View Post
I saw a program on NBC national news about Chicago. They interviewed a woman who had lost four children to gang related gun violence. It was a terrible thing to see. But I was shocked when she stated her belief that it was American gun laws that were to blame.

No mention of gangs or the poverty that breeds them. I can't fathom the reasoning that puts an inanimate object at blame before the organized criminals who use them.
She may be correct in her belief. Although some studies are inconclusive, locations with strict gun laws suffer more gun violence than those without. So Chicago's gun laws may be to blame...
Old 02-02-2013, 7:27 AM

For anyone interested, Second City Cop provides a good (pro 2A) perspective on Chicago crime.

Chicago's problem is that it's full of violent scumbags. The politicians won't make the savages behave because they're afraid if they actually send them to prison the Reverends won't be able to get the scumbags aunties and play cousins to vote for them.
Old 02-02-2013, 8:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTokarev View Post

Yeah, and when I saw that on the net....the headline stated that "Woman loses 4 children to Gun Violence"

That irked me. It's not the GUNS that are violent.

How about "Woman loses 4th child to criminal violence"
Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboChrisB View Post
Yeah, and when I saw that on the net....the headline stated that "Woman loses 4 children to Gun Violence"

That irked me. It's not the GUNS that are violent.

How about "Woman loses 4th child to criminal violence"
\

They used to do the same thing with accidents with SUVs... until they were made fun of so much they cut down on it.

example: "SUV kills two on 405"

With other cars they'd just say 'accident kills two on 405'
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Mayor Rahm Emanuel acknowledged Thursday that Chicago needs more police officers on the street, but he won’t ask taxpayers to foot the bill until he’s certain existing officers are being used effectively.

Toward that end, Emanuel and Police Supt. Garry McCarthy announced plans to shift 200 more sworn officers from desk jobs to street duty and assign them to “area saturation” teams already focusing on the gang violence that now has a face: 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton.
There's that name again, Hadiya Pendleton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlglock View Post
She may be correct in her belief. Although some studies are inconclusive, locations with strict gun laws suffer more gun violence than those without. So Chicago's gun laws may be to blame...
To clarify, she was saying that America's "lax" gun laws were to blame not Chicago's strict laws.

That's why I was incredulous.

“When you want to kill a man, you must shoot for the heart and the Winchester is the best weapon."
-Ramon, A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKinzey
The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artoaster View Post
If guns kill people how does anybody survive a gun show?
Well, now, that's becoming problematic at Crossroads of the West, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.