Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:27 PM

Default P320 FCU build

Hello CGs,

I got a hold of a p320 FCU custom works and this will be my first build. I want to add a compensator on my build however I want to make it look flush.

My plan is to use the tungsten in-fuse grip module from grayguns. I am planning to purchase the compensator and barrel from PMM. My question is what size barrel? is it the 3.6 or 3.9? again I want to make it look flush. i havent bought a slide yet.

if you have a p320 build please send pictures and list your parts. I want to see whats out there and if you dont mind list your cost, i have a feeling mind will be about 1500-1800.
Old 01-10-2022, 3:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

So this will have a Carry length slide? Probably the longer one because you'll need threads to hold the comp. Why not ask PMM?
Old 01-10-2022, 3:51 PM
retired Goon

A semi-auto pistol that does not have a fixed magazine and has a threaded barrel is considered an assault weapon in CA. [PC 30515(a)(4)(A)]

In order to not be considered an assault weapon:

Option A.
The semi-auto SIG P320 pistol needs to operate using a fixed 10 or less round magazine, that can not be removed from the pistol until the slide is removed from the frame or that is permanently attached in the grip.

Option B.
A muzzle device is permanently attached to the barrel or the threads on the barrel are removed.
^Permanently attached to the barrel equates to full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100o F) silver soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over.

Option C.
While in CA, the threaded barrel is not installed and not stored or transported with the pistol.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 01-10-2022 at 4:09 PM..
Old 01-10-2022, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
A semi-auto pistol that does not have a fixed magazine and has a threaded barrel is considered an assault weapon in CA. [PC 30515(a)(4)(A)]

In order to not be considered an assault weapon:

Option A.
The semi-auto pistol needs to operate using a fixed 10 or less round magazine, that can not be removed from the pistol until the slide is removed from the frame or that is permanently attached in the grip.

Option B.
A muzzle device is permanently attached to the barrel or the threads on the barrel are removed.
^Permanently attached to the barrel equates to full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100o F) silver soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over.

Option C.
While in CA, the threaded barrel is not installed and not stored or transported with the pistol.
Now up for sale new FCU.. LOL
Old 01-10-2022, 4:49 PM

Congrats on the FCU from custom works.

You can check on the PMM site as there are two p320 barrel and comp options. I believe the double chambered comp (I think it’s ultra) uses the sub compact slide (3.6” barrel)

The single chambered comp uses a compact slide (3.9” barrel) that will get you a flush look you see on their website with the full size x compact frame.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.co...x-comp-builds/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2022, 8:03 PM
Veteran Member

There are folks that have set ups similar to what you are looking to do. Just get the comp pinned as Quiet noted. The only thing that limits is removing the barrel from the slide.

"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 01-10-2022, 8:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Flush would be the 3.9" slide with 4.6 barrel
Old 01-10-2022, 8:30 PM

If you are looking to have similar functionality (reduced muzzle flip) with a flush look to the frame without dancing on the CA assault weapon lines consider getting a ported barrel and slide as an option.

Old 01-18-2022, 5:58 PM
Veteran Member

Happened to see this at my LGS during my lunch break. I bought one from them for $325 last year for my P320 40 S&W

Old 01-20-2022, 11:03 AM
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Happened to see this at my LGS during my lunch break. I bought one from them for $325 last year for my P320 40 S&W

Must be nice to be exempt!
Old 01-20-2022, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperchasin View Post
Must be nice to be exempt!
Not exempt, just a law abiding citizen now living free from tyranny.

Bought 6 guns last year, all were deliberately "off roster"

P320 M17
P320 FCU made into a 40 S&W
Walther PDP Compact
Ruger Mk IV 22/45
HK VP9
AR lower built into a 300 AAC 16" with all the CA evil features which are strangely not a problem in most of the rest of the USA
Old 01-20-2022, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Not exempt, just a law abiding citizen now living free from tyranny.

Bought 6 guns last year, all were deliberately "off roster"

P320 M17
P320 FCU made into a 40 S&W
Walther PDP Compact
Ruger Mk IV 22/45
HK VP9
AR lower built into a 300 AAC 16" with all the CA evil features which are strangely not a problem in most of the rest of the USA
It's not nice to brag to the prisoners.

That's why since escaping the cess-pool that is California, I never come here with tales of living in free America, buying Ruger Chargers, P320 X5 Max, Shadow 2, Beretta 92 X Performance, Caniks, Gen5 Glocks, suppressors, building AR pistols in .22LR, 9mm, and .223, or other fun things the incarcerated are banned from doing. It's just rude rubbing their noses in it.
Old 01-20-2022, 8:54 PM

@zwaste

Take into consideration fit and finish of the parts you are using to build. I’ve put together ported and comped builds, you may need to consider lighter recoil springs and some trial and error to see how your builds perform if you’re new to the venture.

My experience is that unless you’re experienced at doing this, be prepared to evaluate the results of your build and adjust your build depending on what you’re aiming to achieve and what your actual results are. Someone else’s build parts list may not yield the same outcome for you. Be prepared to troubleshoot and spend some additional resources to get what you’re requesting in this thread.

Old 01-23-2022, 5:09 AM

It is 3.6 in which will sit flush with full size