Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 8:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've got 2 new EOTechs I need to sight in, one on a new 16" 6.8 SPC DPMS Upper and the other on a 5.56 16" Upper. I might have to get up real early and load up some .223 55 grain loads for that one, but I've definitely got a few hundred 6.8 loads ready to go.

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 10-26-2012, 9:03 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Good times shall be had by all...just try not to look too much like a Zombie.

I hear there is nothing good happening to Zombies these days.
Old 10-27-2012, 6:51 AM
Veteran Member

Getting ready now! I'll see you all in about an hour!
Old 10-27-2012, 6:52 AM

Have fun everyone! Wish I could make it!!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2012, 7:17 AM
Veteran Member

Alright. I'll be there a bit after 9AM. I have to get something from Big 5 and they don't open until 9AM today (only day of the week they open before 10, thank goodness!).
Old 10-27-2012, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry, I'm not going to make it. I can only make 1 trip and it has to be Sunday so I can add my 27 to my CCW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:47 AM

I was planning to go to the lunch, but we are still at the range.
Old 10-27-2012, 2:25 PM

Pretty sure I missed lunch also.... Shooting is cool! had a good time today.
Old 10-27-2012, 2:29 PM

Looks like we doubled last months shoot attendance!! I counted about 12 people on the sign is list, thank you all for coming out! The Calguns group continues to be a great bunch of people to become acquainted with.

It was great talking with everyone and I even got to educate a family about Calguns and what we are doing here. Next month most of us should have some shirts and hats to flaunt around the range and we can start to spread like wild fire!!

I am just learning how to handle all of this so if there is something you noticed that we can improve on let me know. Every shoot should be better than the last!!

Also, Mexican food turned into the Sac State Veterans BBQ. They will be there the last day of the month just like us so it is a perfect fit. These are a great bunch of people and they know how to make delicious food. Much thanks to them for lunch & see you next month!!

Thanks again everyone!!
Old 10-27-2012, 3:28 PM

Default Lincoln Area Shoot Signups

We are considering shooting on December 1 in Lincoln. Those who will attend, please post here so we know if we will have people enough to do it.

We'd like to do some combination of handguns, rimfire, rifles and shotguns, so when you post, let us know what you'd like to do, so we can pick the appropriate range.

If anyone in that area would like to help set it up, let us know who you are.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 10-28-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 4:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Next time I'll bring my public education indoctrination anti-gun little brother, need help to fix him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian777 View Post
...Don't pick either side....
Old 10-27-2012, 6:31 PM

Hey guys. I had a great time today and met some cool members. I was glad to share some of my guns for members to try, sorry if I cost you some money that you are about to spend on a new gun that you weren't planning on buying. OOOPPS. I stayed and shot till about 3:30, and was having a blast on the 50 yard rimfire silhouette range. Great job to those of you that planned this meet and I hope the next shoot is even better. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
Old 10-27-2012, 6:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It was good to see everyone there. Met new people and caught up with others I had met previously.

Thanks are due to 10xhobby for helping me out with an issue with my SA, it was a little thirsty.

All the CG'ers I've met so far have been good people.

A lie about a wrongdoing becomes your future. The truth about a wrongdoing becomes your past. - Unknown
Old 10-27-2012, 6:39 PM

glad we got the Springfield working good. It was nice meeting you, and you are welcome.
Marvel Mystery Oil fixes everything lol
Old 10-27-2012, 6:50 PM

Didn't really get to meet anyone. This is something that needs better organization on knowing who is with CalGuns while at the event. I met 2 people in the picnic area for the sign up and that was about it.

I did have a good time though. I brought out a couple friends and at least one of them had a really good time. The other didn't seem too interested.

I did let quite a few people fire off the Desert Eagle .50, as that always brings smiles.

I got to fire my new DPMS SASS as well, which was fun.

I pretty sure I will be going to the next event though.

- Ed
Old 10-27-2012, 6:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10xhobby View Post
glad we got the Springfield working good. It was nice meeting you, and you are welcome.
Marvel Mystery Oil fixes everything lol
Already put some in the range bag.

A lie about a wrongdoing becomes your future. The truth about a wrongdoing becomes your past. - Unknown
Old 10-27-2012, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10xhobby View Post
Hey guys. I had a great time today and met some cool members. I was glad to share some of my guns for members to try, sorry if I cost you some money that you are about to spend on a new gun that you weren't planning on buying. OOOPPS. I stayed and shot till about 3:30, and was having a blast on the 50 yard rimfire silhouette range. Great job to those of you that planned this meet and I hope the next shoot is even better. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
Haha, yes... shooting other peoples nice firearms leads one to evaluate buying opportunities. Thanks for being so generous with your excellent selection.

I had a great time aside from the shooting just standing in a small group and talking specific firearms, shooting technique and general gun bs. Learned some, met good folks and those things coupled with a good time is what will bring me back next month and so on.

PS. Calguns swag was readily available and excellent. Thanks Lazy!
Old 10-27-2012, 8:26 PM

I hope I can make it next time around! I had the wifes bday today so I couldn't male it.

I'll try to get her to come too. She is going to pick out her first gun for her present so she'll have one of her own to shoot and get comfortable with.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2012, 9:06 PM

Glad everyone enjoys these, makes me want to do another one next month.

And please, invite friends & family especially if they are not "gun people" so they can become familiar with firearms and we can show them that we are a great bunch of people. After all that is the point if these things.

10xhobby...you are a dangerous man with a briefcase full of fun. I really, really, really want to play with that Kimber you have. Your selection will be needed at future events to show the newcomers the wide variety of options they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryououki View Post
Didn't really get to meet anyone. This is something that needs better organization on knowing who is with CalGuns while at the event. I met 2 people in the picnic area for the sign up and that was about it.
- Ed
Hey Ed,
We are working on the organization end of things, we did much better than last month, thanks Bonnie! I had a few big Calguns posters where we were all hanging out and Bonnie along with myself were equipped with calguns shirts and bright orange CGN hats. Maybe I can work on some CG sign stands to put by the office, or even fliers in the office for all the customers to see letting them know Calguns is near...thanks for the input!

Hope to see you and your dessert eagle next time!!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

Had a good time today and met some new people as well! I was on the rimfire range all day with my daughter. I think more people know me today from my Obama T-Shirt than who I actually am on the forum. Not too many people seemed to want to converse with anyone outside of their little groups, lol. I got to see some familiar faces, as well as get an awesome shirt for both myself and my daughter (thanks CGN, Lazyme and Bonnie ) I had to leave when I think most everyone was moving to the rimfire range; had to work early today. Anyways, it was all good fun and I can't wait to do it again!

It'd be nice if the CGN/CGF gun case tags and decals were available for purchase at these events *hint hint*
Old 10-27-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushstage2 View Post
Had a good time today and met some new people as well! I was on the rimfire range all day with my daughter. I think more people know me today from my Obama T-Shirt than who I actually am on the forum. Not too many people seemed to want to converse with anyone outside of their little groups, lol. I got to see some familiar faces, as well as get an awesome shirt for both myself and my daughter (thanks CGN, Lazyme and Bonnie ) I had to leave when I think most everyone was moving to the rimfire range; had to work early today. Anyways, it was all good fun and I can't wait to do it again!

It'd be nice if the CGN/CGF gun case tags and decals were available for purchase at these events *hint hint*
My mistake on the intro, I at least commented on your shirt... was my first time out with Calgunners. Now I will be able to put a face with a t-shirt (hopefully we will all be sporting CGN t-shirts next time), I will say hello. No exclusion meant, there were just a couple of us that arrived at the same time and took up stations next to each other.

Things I learned from this trip:
1) Bring more rimfire ammo (if you have one)
2) Bring a centerfire (if you have one)
3) Set aside more time than 2.5 hours
4) Calgunners are generous and friendly, esp when they know you are a fellow forum member

More to come I'm sure, glad Lazy has taken up the cause...
Old 10-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular, nor any sort of complaint or dig at anyone at all. I was just looking around and noticed little groups of people here and there and they seemed to stick together the whole time and not separate. It was just an observation that I thought was a little funny; nothing more

As for the ammo thing, that's why I showed up with a full .50 cal ammo can full of rimfire ammo.
Old 10-28-2012, 5:54 AM

I saw you two over in the corner playing with your toys...looked like my kind of party. I had a .50 cal can full of rimfire also but I did most of my shooting before everyone got there. Then I started talking and walking around and eating lunch & then my wife got there...I need to go shooting again.

I thought you were just hanging out with your daughter & would wander on over eventually, when i did get to meet you I shook your hand at the gazibo and then took off in another direction. We can get rid of some of our excessive rimfire ammo with 10xhobby and his box of goodies some time.
Old 10-28-2012, 8:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Sounds like you all had a great time. Sorry I didn't make it but my arm was really bothering me Friday night and it didn't fell much better Saturday morning.

I've got surgery in 3 weeks... can't wait.
Old 10-28-2012, 8:19 PM

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Sorry I missed it (family b-days, etc.). Looking forward the the next one.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyme View Post
I thought you were just hanging out with your daughter & would wander on over eventually, when i did get to meet you I shook your hand at the gazibo and then took off in another direction. We can get rid of some of our excessive rimfire ammo with 10xhobby and his box of goodies some time.
I always have to take off early to get to work, when events are on the weekend. :\
I am glad we at least got to shake hands and say hi before I had to take off!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 PM

Have you guys considered the Yolo Sportsman's Association? Its not too far of a drive from Sacramento and its one of the better outdoor ranges I have been to.
Old 10-30-2012, 5:36 PM

I would be ok with Yolo or Lincoln.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Never been out to either the Lincoln Rifle Range or the Yolo one so im down for either. Unless ive got work, count me in this time!

Snake Plissken:Got a Smoke?
Malloy:The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no guns, no alcohol, no women-unless your married-no foul language-no red meat!
Snake Plissken-(sarcastic)Land of the Free
Ironic how fiction slowly becomes reality, isnt it?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM

Edit...
The date looks up in the air for now, we are thinking of combining November & December shoots and doing things in the middle of December. We will need to verify the schedule at the Lincoln range as the date approaches...Stay tuned!

Also, there is much interest in doing a Lincoln monthly shoot. I would personally like to start this as a second monthly shoot in addition to the Sac Valley event but we need a few more volunteers to help out.

Everyone is busy during the holidays, so over the next few months put some thought into how much time you can donate or how you can contribute to helping get people out of the house and to the range!

Last edited by Lazyme; 11-15-2012 at 4:25 PM..
Old 11-11-2012, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootinMedic View Post
I hope I can make it next time around!
Me too! So, is the next one scheduled yet?
Old 11-15-2012, 4:25 PM

Exclamation Update - details getting nailed down.

I picked a date and a place!!

Place; Sac Valley Shooting Center

Date; December 8th

Time; 10:00AM until close.

I'm going with Sac Valley Shooting Center because it is easier to show up and have available spots to shoot.

Stay tuned for a PM with more details in the next week or two.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I will work on getting something going on the other side of Sacramento after the end of the world next month. If we are all hear next year I can promise you we will eventually get a Lincoln shoot going.

There is also much interest in The Gun Range off of Watt & HWY 80, looks like we have one or two things starting there. Stop by this thread and give some info if you are interested in a shooting league. We need some good ideas to get this thing started off right!! http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=643531

Last edited by Lazyme; 11-15-2012 at 8:01 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 7:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Tentative. Are they LTC friendly?

ETA: I'm good with Sac Valley. I thought we were looking at the range in Lincoln.

Last edited by cranemech; 11-17-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyme View Post
I'm going with Sac Valley Shooting Center because it is easier to show up and have available spots to shoot.

Stay tuned for a PM with more details in the next week or two.

Personally, I think this is a good choice. Again, just my $.02.
The couple of times I've been to the Lincoln range, I've NOT been impressed. They say they welcome the public, but if a club member is present, or shows up, they have 1st priority for ANY lane. Plus, the place is small, and the RSO's.....well...I'll stop here.
Old 11-17-2012, 9:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranemech View Post
Tentative. Are they LTC friendly?
Sac Valley is a cold range. No carry.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM

+ on Sac valley.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
Sac Valley is a cold range. No carry.
You are allowed to carry concealed, with LTC, at Sac Valley.

You have to contact a RSO and have them escort you to your shooting spot and upholster under their direction. No holster work is allowed, except in the action bays.

I had to ask Larry, the general manager, about this as I had received conflicting information from some of the range staff.

Last edited by cranemech; 11-17-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 7:52 PM

December 8th at Sac Valley sounds like a good choice to me

Snake Plissken:Got a Smoke?
Malloy:The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no guns, no alcohol, no women-unless your married-no foul language-no red meat!
Snake Plissken-(sarcastic)Land of the Free
Ironic how fiction slowly becomes reality, isnt it?
Old 11-19-2012, 8:37 AM

Hi -- can someone help me understand what happens at events like this?
Old 11-19-2012, 9:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by konata88 View Post
Hi -- can someone help me understand what happens at events like this?
We all get together and shoot guns . It is a low pressure, easy going way to meet fellow CG'rs in your local area. At Sac Valley, they have a pistol range, rifle range and rifle range in close proximity to each other. That makes it handy for people to shoot different firearms and still stay fairly close together.