Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-21-2018, 7:52 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Gallup 10/19/18: 57% oppose banning semi-automatic guns

https://news.gallup.com/poll/243860/...lt-rifles.aspx
Quote:
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' support for a ban on semi-automatic guns in the U.S. has dropped eight percentage points from a year ago, when opinions were more evenly divided after the mass shooting in Las Vegas. Last year's measure was unusually high for the trend over the past several years; the current 40% is back to within a few points of where it was between 2011 and 2016.
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 10-21-2018, 8:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Good news is good news. Less people blaming inanimate objects for the acts of criminals and the deranged. Logic prevailing.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 10-22-2018, 11:51 AM

It shows how volatile support for a ban is.

If Las Vegas had occurred with the Democrats in power, that would've been the end of semi-autos.
Old 10-22-2018, 2:24 PM
Banned

Lost in the applause for the direction of change is the terrifying realization of how many people in the US find revocation of one of our core rights favorable. A great reminder of why the Founders gave us a Constitutional Republic rather than a democracy. Still- given what happened in 1994 with the "Assault Weapon" ban, it's a concerning demonstration of how fragile a "God-given" right actually is. Well, that, and California...
Old 10-22-2018, 5:07 PM

Is there an AWB case on the way up now? I can't wait to try out our new Supreme Court...

Voting "Yes" on a California bond measure is like giving a degenerate gambler more money because he says he has the game figured out....

John 14:6
Old 10-23-2018, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalJacket View Post
It shows how volatile support for a ban is.

If Las Vegas had occurred with the Democrats in power, that would've been the end of semi-autos.
This is what scares me.
Old 10-24-2018, 8:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

They will be back in power when Trump is gone. Be prepared.
Old 10-24-2018, 1:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Notice the segue from article title of "assault weapon" to "semi-automatic" rifles farther into the article. And that the Gallup questions asks about semi-automatic guns "also known as 'assault weapons'". Just as they did turning the "gun show loophole" into "universal background checks" because we told them they were dumb*sses, after being told "there's no such thing as an AW, they're just semi-rifles" guess what - the gun control folks have again decided we're right and will treat all semi firearms as AWs. And the largely disinterested public will fail to note the difference or deliberate misuse of the word.
Old 10-25-2018, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Lost in the applause for the direction of change is the terrifying realization of how many people in the US find revocation of one of our core rights favorable. A great reminder of why the Founders gave us a Constitutional Republic rather than a democracy. Still- given what happened in 1994 with the "Assault Weapon" ban, it's a concerning demonstration of how fragile a "God-given" right actually is. Well, that, and California...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
Notice the segue from article title of "assault weapon" to "semi-automatic" rifles farther into the article. And that the Gallup questions asks about semi-automatic guns "also known as 'assault weapons'". Just as they did turning the "gun show loophole" into "universal background checks" because we told them they were dumb*sses, after being told "there's no such thing as an AW, they're just semi-rifles" guess what - the gun control folks have again decided we're right and will treat all semi firearms as AWs. And the largely disinterested public will fail to note the difference or deliberate misuse of the word.
Yep.

Anti's are Always playing Word Games.

Remember "Fully Semi Automatic " ?

Its Amazing to me that 57%, though a majority, is still woefully short
of where Americans should be on the issue.

But After Decades of Anti 2A Propaganda from Leftist:
  • Mass Media
  • Education System
  • Hollywood Celebrities
  • Entertainment Industry in general
  • Anti 2A Politicians

A lot of Well Meaning, But Ill Informed Americans, think they are Doing
the Right Thing in supporting Gun Control, like the proverbial
"Soccer Moms".

If they hadn't been Lied to for close to half a century, where do you
suppose the figure would be ?

My Guess it would be closer to 75% to 80% in support of 2A,
not this Luke Warm support of 57%...

Noble
Old 10-25-2018, 6:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpcservice View Post
Is there an AWB case on the way up now? I can't wait to try out our new Supreme Court...
AWB out of 1st circuit is the closest I believe