Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-02-2011, 1:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Does this mean Gov.JB is solidily in the anti gun camp?

I had lots of hope for him being a smart poiltician. He will have trouble getting elected to a nationwide office --probably.

Loki --I think thats the idea -- read Atlas Shrugged --Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 11-02-2011 at 2:02 PM..
Old 11-02-2011, 1:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Loki , I believe that is the point .
Read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand --she escaped from brutal communism and had it all fiqured out.
I only suggest this book to you as your post was very intellegent.

Any bets on when the new law requiring all guns be registered?
I say late 2014 --
Old 11-02-2011, 5:55 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
2011-2102 is a new legislative session. The sort-of-restriction is proposing substantially the same content in the SAME session.

So, a bill defeated in June 2011 cannot be re-introduced verbatim in Jan 2012, but it could be in Jan 2013, and a version of it could be reintroduced in Jan 2012 if the writer found a different avenue to theoretically accomplish the same goal as the defeated bill.
This is the disheartening part.

It takes us tens of thousands of dollars, and years to shoot one of these down, and then they pass 10 more, often the same damn thing worded a little differently.
Old 11-02-2011, 6:00 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Are home builds still under the radar?
Old 11-02-2011, 7:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
Are home builds still under the radar?
From what I have seen the short answer is 'yes', however just like with home build pistols I'm sure there may be a few LEO's out there that may want to give you a hassle.
Old 11-04-2011, 8:57 PM

Default Heller II impact

Was I just dreaming, or did the court recently rule in "Heller II" that long gun registration was illegal, even under intermediate scrutiny? Something about it being "novel" in contrast to handgun registration, which was not.

Could this be of some help to us?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Since when has the politburo of the peoples republic of california cared about what the constitution or supreme court had to say?
Old 11-07-2011, 2:55 PM

I hope this does not lead to a "Roster of Rifles Certified for Sale".
Old 11-07-2011, 7:50 PM
Veteran Member

Does this mean a C&R license will now be useless for mail ordering long guns too just like handguns? Will they have to be personally imported like handguns are now?
Old 11-10-2011, 5:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4spd View Post
Easy. Pete
remember...this IS the california state legislature you're wondering about

i am a legend in my own mind...

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

"The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."
Old 11-11-2011, 11:44 AM

Complaining about it is a little late and a little useless now. Vote them out or more is coming. Since we can't seem to vote them out, time to move out of this stink hole of a state.

Also, never underestimate the power to use and raise fees when authorized by the government. The power to tax (fees) is the power to destroy.
Old 11-17-2011, 5:43 PM

[QUOTE=Librarian;5861237]AB 809 passed. Read the text here: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/...chaptered.html

The effective date is Jan 1, 2014.

Great. The price of M-1A's just went up 10,000%
Old 11-18-2011, 3:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Any chance of this getting over turned? Have we not learned anything from Canada?

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 11-18-2011, 3:30 PM
Calguns Addict

-sigh- could see this coming millions of miles away.

I'm glad I have pretty much everything I need/want, but this still raises my blood pressure.

I sincerely wish that groups like Brady's, LCAV, and the politicians that heed their brays for forced disarmament and gun control would be sued out of oblivion.
My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563
Old 11-18-2011, 3:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by seainc View Post
I hope this does not lead to a "Roster of Rifles Certified for Sale".
Jesus Christ, that's exactly what the flippin' anti's would want.

Such a g'd' list would effectively be a counter to the OLL movement.
My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563
Old 11-21-2011, 11:37 PM

Another bad effect of this is no more starting your DROS while you wait for the rifle to get shipped in. Since they will need the serial to start paperwork, you'll have to wait for it to be received before you start your 10 day jail time.
Old 11-22-2011, 8:01 AM

We should all pitch in to purchase a cheap rental in oregon or az. Get my money back just on DMV and be able to buy whatever gun I want without paying crazy dros fees.
Old 11-22-2011, 3:09 PM
Veteran Member

Something we can guarantee, this will not reduce crime. And it will create a lucrative black market for criminals
Old 11-23-2011, 5:26 PM

Funny. I don't recall the state apparatus asking the citizens if this was okay. They just went ahead and did it. The balls on these elitist asshats.

This is where direct democracy comes in handy. Let the People Vote.
a global banking oligarchy determined to shipwreck the economies of the world
and feast on its corpse.
Old 11-29-2011, 3:59 PM

There needs to be a law to arrest these tax dollar waster politicians. We must permanently clean up the source of the problem, not the reoccuring crap that these crooked politicians pump out.
Old 11-29-2011, 4:48 PM

so from reading this post... is Cal Guns Foundation just laying down and not gonna do anythign? no challenge? I donate and paid my membership anyway last month, I just hope we can fight this one..
Old 12-10-2011, 6:17 PM

Question... (don't flame me for neing a newbie)...

Isn't my gun already registered since I bought it at a gun store? Or is this referring to guns that are legal that have been brought in from out of state?
Old 12-10-2011, 6:21 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Speedball View Post
Question... (don't flame me for neing a newbie)...

Isn't my gun already registered since I bought it at a gun store? Or is this referring to guns that are legal that have been brought in from out of state?
1) this new law does not affect anything already purchased, but will affect transfers in 2014 and later.

2) your long guns are NOT registered - CA DROS does not include make/model/caliber/serial# info now, but it WILL in 2014.

3) And yes, just as new residents must now register their handguns by mail, in 2014 they will need to similarly register their long guns when they move them here.

All of which is in the first post...

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 12-16-2011, 6:15 PM

I have a few questions of my own, even after reading the YES and NO items on the first post.

so from reading this post... is Cal Guns Foundation just laying down and not gonna do anything? no challenge?

I'd like to hear the answer to this one myself.

- Does the state really expect people are going to voluntarily register C&R guns (and pay a fee!) that are purchased in other states with an FFL03 and brought back across the border? Gun registration has a rather shady track record of being a precursor to outright confiscation in the name of "public safety."

- If caught in 2014 or later with an "unregistered" long gun purchased that year, couldn't the owner just say it was bought before the law was passed? How would a LEO know any different?

- If buying a C&R eligible long gun w/ an FFL03 and COE within California, will the buyer have to go through the 10-day waiting period as he currently does with non-C&R firearms?

- And sorry if this one was covered already, but I didn't see the answer: If an FFL03 & COE holder buys a C&R eligible long gun through a site such as Gunbroker from an out-of-state seller, will the seller still be able to ship directly to the buyer without getting an FFL01 involved?

- Will buyers of non-C&R long guns notice any difference from the current system, other than perhaps another form to fill out at purchase?

If an FFL01 is now going to be required for all firearms transfers, purchases, and sales, then it sounds like the FFL03/COE has been rendered completely useless and holders of such treated like any other citizen.

Last edited by Cylarz; 12-16-2011 at 6:17 PM..
Old 12-25-2011, 1:53 AM
Calguns Addict

So we gonna be able to get this turned around or not?
Old 12-25-2011, 1:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seesm View Post
So we gonna be able to get this turned around or not?
We have to wait for Heller II to resolve in DC before we go around challenging registration in the 9th Circuit. That court hinted that while handgun registration was constitutional, long gun might not be. Should we all prevail in DC, then we'll do something about it. We have a couple years though.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 12-25-2011, 2:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
We have to wait for Heller II to resolve in DC before we go around challenging registration in the 9th Circuit. That court hinted that while handgun registration was constitutional, long gun might not be. Should we all prevail in DC, then we'll do something about it. We have a couple years though.

-Gene
Is it weird I always feel better after you reply to me Gene? Btw I am not sure how pistol registratin is constitutional but ok... I pray about our rights daily.... Merry Christmas Gene and all the other people who work so hard for all of us. Hugs!!
Old 01-01-2012, 6:12 PM

Why don't all gun owners get out and protest this stuff, flood the streets, and make a big scene about our disapproval? From what I have heard, the politicians believe that 20 percent of Americans are gun owners and don't see it as being half of the majority. I'm a newbie and just thought if gun owners would flood the streets in disapproval that it might make them think twice.
Old 01-01-2012, 6:36 PM

Because if we were to take to the streets open carrying our EBRs, we'd all get arrested for disturbing the peace ? Well, probably not. But we would end up with that being outlawed as well.

If we were to take to the streets, sans our EBRs, would our message be heard thusly ?
Could we avoid the label of "Gun Nuts Marching on Sacramento" ?

Also worth noting that everytime I've heard in a fund raising drive, "If everyone would donate 5USD, we'd have all our bills paid for", maybe 5% actually pay.
Now you are going to ask for your alleged 20% to all have time on Saturday where they're not working in the office, cleaning the backyard, or changing the baby's diapers... to go on a march. This is what _should_ happen, but human nature suggests against it.
x7
Old 01-04-2012, 10:59 AM

I would like to know the additional requirements on home built firearms due to AB809? Will filing a FD4542A a compulsory act after modification a 80% receiver?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

But the weather is nice ... right?
Old 01-04-2012, 7:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJinKY View Post
But the weather is nice ... right?
But you can't change the world from KY.

You know this internet thing your using in KY? We develop it here in California.

You're welcome.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 01-07-2012, 6:17 PM
Senior Cabinet maker
CGN Contributor

Default damn

Well put, Gene...I'm contributing right now for that blast of sarcasm...
Old 01-07-2012, 6:23 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
You know this internet thing your using in KY? We develop it here in California.

You're welcome.

-Gene
Was Al Gore living in CA when he invented the internet?
Old 01-07-2012, 7:06 PM
Veteran Member

More than enough time to buy those long guns you want.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk View Post
More than enough time to buy those long guns you want.
lots of time but disposable income is another thing.
This makes me want to stock up on AR lowers.....sigh
Old 01-17-2012, 11:59 AM

A new reason to leave this state every day.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

I think I'll sponsor LA county again.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 02-04-2012, 4:00 PM

Quote:
But you can't change the world from KY.

You're welcome.

-Gene
Really? I didn't know all of DARPA was located in CA or that CERN had moved to CA. I would go out on a limb and say that claim to be just a little arrogant and follow up with....so that was 15 years ago....why are all the companies leaving CA?
Old 02-04-2012, 4:05 PM

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED........what happened?