Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Tracy Rifle and Pistol
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 3:40 AM

Default Very satisfied Customer here

This is my first post here at Calguns. My name is Calvin. I'm relatively new to firearms, and my first time shooting a handgun was in February of this year. Anyways, here's my experience with Mike and Tracy Rifle and Pistol:

I purchased a Norinco 1911 on 9/10/11 off Gunbroker. I originally went with another FFL that is literally 10 min. away from me (I will not name this shop, but just a little browsing on Calguns would allow anyone to have a very good guess as to which shop this was). To make a long story short, after 2 1/2 weeks of personal visits to the shop, PM's here on Calguns, an e-mail, all I was getting from them were lies (FFL info sent when Seller says nothing received) and inactivity. After more reading here on Calguns about that shop's issues with Customer Service, I e-mail Mike on 9/28/11 and ask him to exchange FFL info with the seller. Because Mike was on top of things, the seller shipped 2 days later (9/30), and I made the 1 hour drive from San Jose to Tracy on 10/5.

I'm normally a late sleeper and a late waker, so arriving in Tracy at 11:00AM on about 5 hours of sleep was difficult for me. I was not much for conversation, even though I was excited that the Norinco was finally here. After a quick inspection, I started the 4473. Because Mike and his sales associate (didn't catch his name) were very helpful, I also picked up a WASR-10 from them on the same order, since I was interested in one and felt that I should support a great shop that is serious about their business. I was in and out in 30 minutes, headed back to have lunch, then on to work.

On 10/15, I made the 1 hour drive again to pick up. I take possession of the 1911 and WASR-10, and make it a point to personally thank Mike and shake his hand before I walked out the door. I have zero regrets about driving out to Tracy for this purchase/transfer. The only regret I have is not going with Mike in the first place, which would have saved me at least 2 weeks of waiting for nothing. I'm sure that will not be the last time I make the 1 hour drive out to Tracy.

Thank you again, Mike.

Calvin
Old 10-24-2011, 2:33 AM

I can echo that...I'm not driving as far, but I take all my business to TRAP. Good sales staff, quick, no-nonsense service. Never had any problems. Definitely worth the trip.
Old 10-24-2011, 3:25 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the board
Old 10-24-2011, 7:18 AM

I wish I lived closer hear nothing but good things about TRP.Welcom to the forums!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:41 AM

I went there yesterday and was amazed by their selection and willingness to show me personal guns from the back room and anything else I wanted to see. Also told me "If you want it and we don't got it, we'll get it".
I will definitely be making my next purchase there. Very much worth the hour drive.
Old 10-27-2011, 1:28 AM

Thanks for the kind welcomes. They do have a decent amount of options and choices in-store. Even though I just picked up the WASR-10, I'm already researching and planning out my next purchase. Will definately have to consult with Mike when the funds build up enough.

Calvin