Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2018, 5:21 PM
smittty smittty is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,905
iTrader: 14 / 94%
Default Looking over the roster and there are fewer than 10 (9mm semi) guns left

A lot of what's listed isn't even made anymore!

Here's what's actually left in 9mm in semi-auto:
- Beretta 92, M9, and PX4
- CZ 75 in several variants
- Glock
- Hi-Point
- HK USP, and P2000
- Kahr CW9
- Kimber Target 1911
- Sig P226, and SP2022
- S&W Shield, and SD9VE
- Springfield 1911
- Springfield XD

So, that's pretty slim pickings!

Then you can reduce it down to what you'd actually buy, and leaves only a few!

For my taste that leaves only 7 that I'd actually buy!
- M9
- CZ 75 PCR
- G19
- HK USP
- Kahr CW9
- Sig P226
- Springfield 1911

Sad thing is, that I already own or have owned every one of the guns left on the roster except for the hi-point!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2018, 5:29 PM
Mystery_Milk's Avatar
Mystery_Milk Mystery_Milk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 213
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

That's a mighty misleading title.
There are fewer than 10 9mm semiautos that you're interested in. That's not fewer than 10 guns on the roster.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2018, 5:37 PM
Not so Chapped Hide's Avatar
Not so Chapped Hide Not so Chapped Hide is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 39.6187, -119.6611
Posts: 3,753
iTrader: 43 / 100%
Default

Sig shouldn't even be on the list with the ugly LCI.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2018, 6:06 PM
smittty smittty is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,905
iTrader: 14 / 94%
Default

Dam, someone edited my title!

Regarding the Sig, the LCI can be modified.

I can break that list down even more, using even more logic. Break it down by catagory!

Combat guns:
- Beretta 92, M9, and PX4
- CZ 75 in several variants
- Glock
- HK USP, and P2000
- Sig P226, and SP2022
- Springfield XD

Compact guns:
- CZ 75 PCR, and P01
- Glock 19

Concealed carry guns:
- Glock 26
- Kahr CW9
- S&W Shield

1911's:
- Kimber Target 1911
- Springfield 1911

Then, being practical I'd have to choose one from each category, leaving only 4 guns on the roster :-O
- Sig P226
- Glock 19
- Kahr CW9
- Springfield 1911
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2018, 6:35 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,728
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

You mean this state is only 10 guns away from being safe?


WINNING!
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:01 AM
Chewy65 Chewy65 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,338
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

You left of the Sig P229, a 9 mm compact.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,708
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

isn't the cz p-01 also on roster?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:41 AM
2/2 Warlords 2/2 Warlords is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 34
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittty View Post
Dam, someone edited my title!

Regarding the Sig, the LCI can be modified.

I can break that list down even more, using even more logic. Break it down by catagory!

Combat guns:
- Beretta 92, M9, and PX4
- CZ 75 in several variants
- Glock
- HK USP, and P2000
- Sig P226, and SP2022
- Springfield XD

Compact guns:
- CZ 75 PCR, and P01
- Glock 19

Concealed carry guns:
- Glock 26
- Kahr CW9
- S&W Shield

1911's:
- Kimber Target 1911
- Springfield 1911

Then, being practical I'd have to choose one from each category, leaving only 4 guns on the roster :-O
- Sig P226
- Glock 19
- Kahr CW9
- Springfield 1911
Now list all of the 9mm we are missing out on. That would be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:46 PM
smittty smittty is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,905
iTrader: 14 / 94%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
isn't the cz p-01 also on roster?
Yes, it falls under one the few CZ 75 variants.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:52 PM
smittty smittty is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,905
iTrader: 14 / 94%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2/2 Warlords View Post
Now list all of the 9mm we are missing out on. That would be interesting.
That would be more depressing!

I posted this to show how few 9mm’s semi-autos are left and judging by the very few comments I think no one here really cares!

We had all types of gun bans here and everyone gets shocked when they realize what they can no longer have.

Get the handguns you want now before they drop off the list. You only have a handful to choose from!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:56 PM
boopiejones's Avatar
boopiejones boopiejones is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,450
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Let me start by saying the roster is bogus. But the OP is misleading. Listing “Glock” as one gun when in reality there are four glocks(17, 19,26 and 34) and even more if you count the variations of those models (compensated, RTF2, etc)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-21-2018, 1:21 PM
2/2 Warlords 2/2 Warlords is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 34
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopiejones View Post
Let me start by saying the roster is bogus. But the OP is misleading. Listing “Glock” as one gun when in reality there are four glocks(17, 19,26 and 34) and even more if you count the variations of those models (compensated, RTF2, etc)
I'm with the OP on this one. The Glock 17, 19, 26 and 34 and G17 RTF2 version I'm counting as basically the same 9mm. Are we going to count the OD green and Glock with night sights as another gun?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2018, 1:36 PM
Carcassonne's Avatar
Carcassonne Carcassonne is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern California SF Bay Area East Bay
Posts: 4,282
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Glock 17, 19, 26, and 34.


.
__________________
Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2018, 1:40 PM
dfletcher's Avatar
dfletcher dfletcher is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,648
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2/2 Warlords View Post
I'm with the OP on this one. The Glock 17, 19, 26 and 34 and G17 RTF2 version I'm counting as basically the same 9mm. Are we going to count the OD green and Glock with night sights as another gun?
A Glock 17 with or without night sights is still a 17, yes? It's not a 19.

If they're "basically the same" for purposes of tallying what we have I guess the same would apply for assessing what we can't get, yes? Of course not. A CZ RAMI and a CZ TS may be a "CZ variant" but they're very different guns. And using such "logic" I suppose there's only one 1911 in 9mm and one 45 ACP because after all, those guns are just "variants" of the same thing.

Husbands better not let their wives in on such logic - "You already have all the 1911s you need - one, because they're all the same ....."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2018, 1:45 PM
mach's Avatar
mach mach is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FREE MOUNTAIN STATE
Posts: 345
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

The roster is dumb AF but there are still excellent options on there no matter how you cut it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-21-2018, 1:53 PM
2/2 Warlords 2/2 Warlords is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 34
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
A Glock 17 with or without night sights is still a 17, yes? It's not a 19.

If they're "basically the same" for purposes of tallying what we have I guess the same would apply for assessing what we can't get, yes? Of course not. A CZ RAMI and a CZ TS may be a "CZ variant" but they're very different guns. And using such "logic" I suppose there's only one 1911 in 9mm and one 45 ACP because after all, those guns are just "variants" of the same thing.

Husbands better not let their wives in on such logic - "You already have all the 1911s you need - one, because they're all the same ....."
Fair enough but how many significantly different 9mm do you count on the Roster?

G17, G17 OD Green, G17 w/Nightsights, G17RTF, G17RTF w/nightsights. How many guns do you count (for purposes of our discussion)?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-21-2018, 1:56 PM
Aeneas's Avatar
Aeneas Aeneas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 553
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Prepared View Post
Armscor has Ap9 & mapp1
Browning hi power
FN fnp & fn hp-sa
FMK 9c1
Kahr also has the CW9 MK9 PM9 P9 & K9
Sig also has 229 239 & p6
Walther P1
FNP is deprecated. I'm sure it's not the only one on the list that is no longer available.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-21-2018, 2:20 PM
boopiejones's Avatar
boopiejones boopiejones is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,450
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2/2 Warlords View Post
Fair enough but how many significantly different 9mm do you count on the Roster?

G17, G17 OD Green, G17 w/Nightsights, G17RTF, G17RTF w/nightsights. How many guns do you count (for purposes of our discussion)?
of the G17 models you listed above, I would call that two different guns - standard frame vs. RTF2 frame... those two guns have a very different feel, and there is nothing you can do to convert one into the other (short of buying a second frame, which is a new gun purchase...)

the fact remains that the 17, 19, 26 and 34 are all different guns. they might look fairly similar (they're all black and blocky) and use mostly the same internal parts, but they are different guns nonetheless. I agree with the 1911 example... saying "you already own one 1911 in 45acp, you don't need another because they're all the same" makes no sense.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-21-2018, 2:22 PM
2/2 Warlords 2/2 Warlords is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 34
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redteam22003 View Post
with your logic, we might as well just said that there is only one 9mm. Make sure you scream the sky is falling too.

Kahr has the P9, PM9, CM9, KP9 and K9. Thats 5 9mm with one company alone.

We also have the LCR 9mm, RAMI 9mm, Rock Island has a 9mm, there also bond arms 9mm...in fact, I counted 104 9mm on rilfegear alone.
Good point on the LCR 9mm, Rami 9mm and he also forgot the Hi Power and FN 9mm. The Kahr CW9, K9 and PM9 are basically the same gun.

Your logic sounds like anti-gun logic, hey there are over 100 9mm on the Roster to choose from what is the problem.

You count 104 9mm guns. There are about 126 9mm guns on the Roster but how many of those are significantly different not just cosmetic or negligible differences? Do you really count 104 different 9mm's Californians have to choose from?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-21-2018, 2:34 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,708
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

what a click-bait thread from an old member.

i expect this from members from 2015 and newer, but not one from 2008.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-21-2018, 2:39 PM
Aeneas's Avatar
Aeneas Aeneas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 553
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Not every model listed on the roster is still available.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-21-2018, 2:44 PM
2/2 Warlords 2/2 Warlords is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 34
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopiejones View Post
of the G17 models you listed above, I would call that two different guns - standard frame vs. RTF2 frame... those two guns have a very different feel, and there is nothing you can do to convert one into the other (short of buying a second frame, which is a new gun purchase...)

the fact remains that the 17, 19, 26 and 34 are all different guns. they might look fairly similar (they're all black and blocky) and use mostly the same internal parts, but they are different guns nonetheless. I agree with the 1911 example... saying "you already own one 1911 in 45acp, you don't need another because they're all the same" makes no sense.
Out of all of the G17's I listed I count them as one gun. Although, I do understand your logic on counting them as two guns.

saying "you already own one 1911 in 45acp, you don't need another because they're all the same" makes no sense. I agree with that but I'm talking in terms of the Roster. If I went to a gun store and they told me we have 4 Glocks for you to choose from and they pulled out the four different G17's from the Roster I would think you (the gun store) have four different variations of the same gun.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-21-2018, 5:43 PM
smittty smittty is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,905
iTrader: 14 / 94%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Prepared View Post
Armscor has Ap9 & mapp1
Browning hi power
FN fnp & fn hp-sa
FMK 9c1
Kahr also has the CW9 MK9 PM9 P9 & K9
Sig also has 229 239 & p6
Walther P1
Currently in production please!

It's foolish to count every variant of any one model as multiple guns.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:11 PM
stormvet's Avatar
stormvet stormvet is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,071
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

was in a local gun shop last week and was surprised to see a CZ 75b SA only in the showcase. For some reason it surprised me that it was actually on the rooster. It is one Commiefornia roster approved gun I’d actually want.
__________________
Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:14 PM
smittty smittty is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,905
iTrader: 14 / 94%
Default

I took this approach to see if there was anything left on the roster that I’d consider buying.

It might be a little misleading but consider how similar all 9mm Glocks are?? If you own the G19 you have the middle version and you’re not getting a very different gun from the 17 or 26. They don’t offer anything significant over the 19 so, sure I consider Glock as one “entry” on the roster!

Same with CZ 75, in my opinion it’s one entry with some different variations.

I don’t know how you guys who’ve owned any number of semi-autos can look at the roster as, “wow, look at all my options”!

Last edited by smittty; 05-21-2018 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-22-2018, 3:56 PM
traveler1952's Avatar
traveler1952 traveler1952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Athol, Id
Posts: 586
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Roster? Don't need no stinking Roster LOL
I love Idaho.
Saved over $800 on two DMV's for my truck and Wifes Z-4
Registered for two years. NO SMOG.
__________________
California where the only things that aren't illegal are
being illegal and smoking dope. Thanks Libtards .
Found a new home in Northern Idaho. Will sell the Calif home in a year or two.
Screw California.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-23-2018, 8:58 PM
rmswins rmswins is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: California
Posts: 48
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
what a click-bait thread from an old member.

i expect this from members from 2015 and newer, but not one from 2008.
I secretly want a Hi Point.

Everyone on the range is pulling out CZ Tactical Cheeto and SIG X-Five Guys and then silence falls over everyone as you slam down a Hi Point. "Doubles as a door stop" you say. No one believes you. Doesn't matter, you're now a Hi Point man.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-24-2018, 8:11 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,778
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

RI sells 1911's here. My Springfield came with wood grips installed plus an extra set of plastic grips. Turns out only the wood grip version is CA approved so they toss in the plastic grips as spares. The plastic grip version is not CA approved, like that would make any difference?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.