Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-10-2021, 2:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I just got a notice from WLP to upgrade my membership to Benefactor. Cannot think of a better time, what with all the money saved by no travel, no dinners, etc.
Old 02-10-2021, 9:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
I just got a notice from WLP to upgrade my membership to Benefactor. Cannot think of a better time, what with all the money saved by no travel, no dinners, etc.
Good on you. I upgraded last year in response to NY AG NRA witchhunt and also a post by SFarchitect helped. You'll be able to copy my signature sign and post it as yours as well.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:20 AM

So with chumbucket and his ex call girl in office, we should see some massive moves against our 2nd Amendment rights. Perfect time for the NRA to put our money where their mouth is. The next 4 years will show us how effective the NRA, CRPA, GOA, NAMBLA (jokes), and the rest of the alphabet gun right activist groups will be.

Get your power armor as fast as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetguy View Post
im hoping for a milsurp shoulder thingy that goes up
Old 02-11-2021, 3:51 PM

I just received my backpack for renewing.
Old 02-17-2021, 3:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thank you to everyone who joined and or upgraded. I went from Patron Life to Benefactor.
That said what we are now facing will require a huge spike in membership. So friends lets all encourage everyone to join and see if we can get to 50 million members. Thank and welcome every new NRA member and encourage them to encourage their friends and neighbors as well .

As an aside,Never let uneducated dimwits preach New York lies about WLP in a public setting!
Put them down in the strongest possible language by accusing them of being naive and childish to believe the likes of NETWORK TV and other ANTI GUN entities .

Last edited by ja308; 02-17-2021 at 3:08 PM..
Old 02-18-2021, 12:53 AM

see this is the fkking problem with most of you in here... we on the right bicker and argue over NOTHING basically... the right as a whole thinks super independently... and we allow that trait to seep into cohesiveness for survival...

the left does not have that problem..... you got ANTIFA on one side ... BLM on another... and LGBTQASDFASD on another... and psycho college kids on another who would ALL HATE EACH OTHER otherwise... but COME TOGETHER to fight a version of their cause ......

we need to stop with this bickering sh1t... tell you what.. dont stop.. please dont.. we will all be in the same foxhole anyways in the near future and we will be FORCED to stop in-fighting...
Old 02-18-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
As an aside,Never let uneducated dimwits preach New York lies about WLP in a public setting!
Put them down in the strongest possible language by accusing them of being naive and childish to believe the likes of NETWORK TV and other ANTI GUN entities .
So embrace Cancel Culture just like the Left...got it...but first let's see if they appoint an independent examiner based on Judge Journey's request as an NRA board member...filing for bankruptcy is a double-edged sword that cuts both ways: https://www.startribune.com/independ...ons/600021050/

If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable, what then? -George Orwell, 1984

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. -Captain Barbossa
Old 02-18-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
Thanks for your service, but you're old, white and increasingly irrelevant. Time for a leadership change.

I think there are 100 guys on calguns that could do better for 2 mill a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact LaPierre is "white" is a non-issue. That's racist BS talk.
Old 02-18-2021, 2:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOSA Rimfire View Post
The fact LaPierre is "white" is a non-issue. That's racist BS talk.

You miss the point. The NRA has an optics and representation issue, and we all know it.

Do you want to play the game or just keep losing? How do we grow the NRA beyond a batch of old, white Trumpers? Most of whom will be probably be dead in the next decade or so.

We grow or we die.

Have the courage to face reality.

Old 02-20-2021, 7:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater View Post
So embrace Cancel Culture just like the Left...got it...but first let's see if they appoint an independent examiner based on Judge Journey's request as an NRA board member...filing for bankruptcy is a double-edged sword that cuts both ways: https://www.startribune.com/independ...ons/600021050/
Ive followed this from the beginning. The attacks on WLP are unfair, unwarranted and designed to stop NRA from helping President Trump win re-election. It worked in that the NRA was preoccupied and failed in that Trump won a landslide election.

I for one will not debate media fed fools who have no idea of of true facts but simply repeat antigun democrat, New York fake charges.
So I repeat NEVER let an UNEDUCATED CHILD get away with bashing NRA, WLP or RKBA!

You stupid goofs who are not even voting members telling us to believe New papers and a corrupt AG. I say STFU!

Last edited by ja308; 02-20-2021 at 7:34 AM..
Old 02-20-2021, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Ive followed this from the beginning. The attacks on WLP are unfair, unwarranted and designed to stop NRA from helping President Trump win re-election. It worked in that the NRA was preoccupied and failed in that Trump won a landslide election.

I for one will not debate media fed fools who have no idea of of true facts but simply repeat antigun democrat, New York fake charges.
So I repeat NEVER let an UNEDUCATED CHILD get away with bashing NRA, WLP or RKBA!

You stupid goofs who are not even voting members telling us to believe New papers and a corrupt AG. I say STFU!
We'll see what truths come to light throughout the process...neither of us is on the NRA board, so how would we know what's going on behind closed doors? I'm keeping an open mind at this point, but it doesn't look good when a board member who is a respected judge is saying there's something fishy going on compared to the last time he was on the board and is asking for independent review, which the bankruptcy judge has the power to grant.

If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable, what then? -George Orwell, 1984

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

Old 02-20-2021, 10:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
We'll see what truths come to light throughout the process...neither of us is on the NRA board, so how would we know what's going on behind closed doors? I'm keeping an open mind at this point, but it doesn't look good when a board member who is a respected judge is saying there's something fishy going on compared to the last time he was on the board and is asking for independent review, which the bankruptcy judge has the power to grant.
We know because WLP met with several influential NRA members including Kestryl and he personally vouched for WLP, as did everyone else in that meeting !

You folks are free to believe the New York Press , Bloomberg, Soros and the New York anti gun AG who hates the NRA.
Or you can join me and believe the founder of calguns and other gun culture people,that WLP is being set up to take down the NRA.

So keep an open mind and look like your brains have fallen out, or get with the program and work to get the NRA at 50 million members.

BTW it was WLP who exposed through back channels public law 72-77 . Yeah I know your friends in the media never told you about this head of the snake gun control public law.
Old 02-22-2021, 6:31 AM

Ja308,
What’s with the ad hominem attacks and straw man arguments? Did this person insult you?
Old 02-22-2021, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32spoke View Post
Ja308,
What’s with the ad hominem attacks and straw man arguments? Did this person insult you?

Don't say ad hominem...he doesn't know what it means. But he is obviously big mad.

Old 02-22-2021, 7:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Ja308,
The people I rightfully called out are not gun people. They are democrat operatives! Their goal is to divide, neutralize and eliminate the NRA by attacking WLP, Board of directors and every other aspect of this 5 million member 800lb gorilla for gun rights.

So is its your position we should give credibility to the Antigun New York and democrat owned press and their sycophantic followers and operatives ?
Get this friend. The person who wants to disarm you is an enemy and will never tell you the truth!

BTW have you looked into public law 72-77?

Last edited by ja308; 02-22-2021 at 7:09 AM..
Old 02-22-2021, 7:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaJames83 View Post
The NRA will continue to get my support as it should any and all gun owners they are the only real dog in the fight.
Furthermore the fact that the left is going to try to dismantle them tells us everything we need to know
The NRA is responsible for the worst of the federal gun control laws we have to deal with. Until they can undo the damage they already did, we shouldn’t call them the only real dog in the fight. Plenty of other organizations are doing great work to actually fix the 2A.
Old 02-22-2021, 9:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The NRA is responsible for the worst of the federal gun control laws we have to deal with. Until they can undo the damage they already did, we shouldn’t call them the only real dog in the fight. Plenty of other organizations are doing great work to actually fix the 2A.
If the NRA was as you say, the democrat machine would embrace them as an enemy in the tank ! In fact they would secretly fund them to trick gun owners into accepting every restriction.

BTW shouldn't you be at some kids game cheering some paid performers ! It obvious the gun rights fight is way over your head !
Old 02-22-2021, 4:58 PM

JA308, I do read MSM, and have a rule. I always want to read the opposing view. It is amazing to read how someone chooses to write, how to omit and how to take out of context. For instance, when I was visiting the Tower of London, 35 years ago... I remember reading about “an unfortunate skirmish” in the city of Boston, in the colonies. Stateside, this is referred to as the Boston Massacre.
But just because I read something, doesn’t make it true...
Judging by your last reply, you choose to insult someone of an opinion that differs from your own opinion. Just because that person’s opinion differs from yours, surely doesn’t mean that it warrants an insult.
I get a lot more with honey, rather than vinegar . By the way, I do value everyone’s opinion because it allows me to make a better informed decision. For instance, I currently support the NRA, also told them to quit sending me garbage spam “about being in the trenches” with them for years.. I simply haven’t, so they now go to my spam folder.
I also am a supporter of the CRPA, and they get the majority of my financial support.
Old 02-22-2021, 5:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Which ones and what have they accomplished?
Old 02-23-2021, 9:19 PM

Quote:

You folks are free to believe the New York Press , Bloomberg, Soros and the New York anti gun AG who hates the NRA.
Or you can join me and believe the founder of calguns and other gun culture people,that WLP is being set up to take down the NRA.
I certainly believe that there is nothing the Democrats wouldn't stoop to in order to harm the NRA and gun owners in general. So it's possible the allegations of financial mismanagement are untrue.

OTOH, if the NRA is being run properly, why did they change the bylaws to make it nearly impossible to get rid of WLP?

And if the NY charges of financial shenanigans are false, why not hold an independent audit to prove it?
Old 02-24-2021, 9:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natman View Post
I certainly believe that there is nothing the Democrats wouldn't stoop to in order to harm the NRA and gun owners in general. So it's possible the allegations of financial mismanagement are untrue.

OTOH, if the NRA is being run properly, why did they change the bylaws to make it nearly impossible to get rid of WLP?

And if the NY charges of financial shenanigans are false, why not hold an independent audit to prove it?
Considering Ollie North and his company tried an internal coup to destroy RKBA by eliminating WLP. That was a good move to make it difficult to install anti gun CEOs.

An audit will only add more propaganda for the Bloomberg New York antigun crowd.

Here is how it works.
A reporter asks a small town mayor if he had ever beaten his wife. The mayor answers NO he had never done that.

The newspaper then runs a story, " Mayor Denies Beating His Wife "
For the next week, the paper places different stories about spouse abuse within its pages. It also runs a week long series where it interviews victims of spousal abuse .
Some of the interviews pose the question. Do you think the Mayor is guilty of spousal abuse ?
At the end of the week , they run a poll showing the majority of the town believes the mayor beats his wife and should resign .

Every WLP/NRA critic is EXACTLY like those town folks who fell for newspaper propaganda piece on the Mayor beating his wife .

Friends can NOT EVER TRUST A STORY FROM a SOURCE that HATES YOU!
Old 02-24-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Considering Ollie North and his company tried an internal coup to destroy RKBA by eliminating WLP. That was a good move to make it difficult to install anti gun CEOs.

An audit will only add more propaganda for the Bloomberg New York antigun crowd.
Sorry, but making it so the board of directors and the membership can't change the leadership does not inspire trust.

An *independent* audit will only provide propaganda fodder if it uncovers wrongdoing. So far we have detailed descriptions of wrongdoing from the Democrats on one hand and WLP's unsubstantiated denials on the other.

As I said before, I don't doubt for a minute that the Democrats in NY would lie, distort and cheat to get rid of the NRA. That doesn't necessarily mean that their charges don't have substance, especially in light of the information vacuum coming from the NRA leadership.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

[QUOTE=natman;25485929]Sorry, but making it so the board of directors and the membership can't change the leadership does not inspire trust.

An *independent* audit will only provide propaganda fodder if it uncovers wrongdoing. So far we have detailed descriptions of wrongdoing from the Democrats on one hand and WLP's unsubstantiated denials on the other.

As I said before, I don't doubt for a minute that the Democrats in NY would lie, distort and cheat to get rid of the NRA. That doesn't necessarily mean that their charges don't have substance, especially in light of the information vacuum coming from the NRA leadership.[/QUOTE

Sorry you must have missed what they did to Trump ! Mr democrat !
Do you always trust big media and their Soros DA's ?

Last edited by ja308; 02-24-2021 at 1:15 PM..
Old 02-24-2021, 4:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Parroting ja308's posts... NRA sues NY attorney general, says she wants to destroy her 'political enemy'

Quote:
The National Rifle Association filed a countersuit against New York Attorney General Letitia James, saying she lacks authority to invoke state laws governing nonprofits in her zeal to destroy the gun rights group.

In a Tuesday night court filing, the NRA, which filed for bankruptcy last month and said it would switch its incorporation to Texas from New York, accused James of “weaponizing” her powers to pursue a “blatant and malicious retaliation campaign” against the group because she dislikes what it stands for...
While most of us agree that there is a latent anti-2nd Amendment sentiment underlying this case, simply declaring it so as 'the defense' for what has been shown isn't likely to hold much sway. LaPierre is still going to have to provide some sort of defense for the expenditures, even if they were legitimate. As I've maintained all along, there could be legitimate reasons for the travel, the suits, and the NRA could typically underwrite housing for interns. But, simply declaring this whole thing an "attack on your 2nd Amendment rights" isn't a rationale which explains the legitimacy of the expenditures.

It could be helpful to establish a maliciousness or 'inappropriateness' to James' lawsuit; but, at some point, even if it's just to members, some sort of explanation is going to have to be forthcoming. People will continue to believe what they believe and those who are predisposed to seeing the NRA as mismanaged are going to use it as 'evidence' of such. Unfortunately, the 'silence,' other than 'we support Wayne,' may keep the lawyers happy, but it will keep the membership restive.

As I said, there's the legal battle and the PR battle and an organization such as the NRA has to be able to conduct and win both simultaneously. If it can't, then it might be time for new 'leadership.'

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 02-24-2021 at 5:06 PM..
Old 02-24-2021, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
As I said, there's the legal battle and the PR battle and an organization such as the NRA has to be able to conduct and win both simultaneously. If it can't, then it might be time for new 'leadership.'
Considering they got into a dispute and are trading lawsuits with the PR firm that built WLPs image and power, the PR battle isn't going well. In any case, 30 years is more than enough for one person to hold the reins...after all, the president of a free nation only gets 8 years max, but dictatorships can last longer, usually for the rest of their lives...

Old 02-25-2021, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by natman View Post
Sorry, but making it so the board of directors and the membership can't change the leadership does not inspire trust.

As I said before, I don't doubt for a minute that the Democrats in NY would lie, distort and cheat to get rid of the NRA. That doesn't necessarily mean that their charges don't have substance, especially in light of the information vacuum coming from the NRA leadership.
Sorry you must have missed what they did to Trump ! Mr democrat !
Do you always trust big media and their Soros DA's ?

Seriously, what part of "I don't doubt for a minute that the Democrats in NY would lie, distort and cheat to get rid of the NRA." justifies calling me "Mr Democrat"?

I'm skeptical of the NY Attorney General's allegations just because of who made them. OTOH, I'm not going to dismiss them just because of who made them either. This is especially true given WLP's changing the bylaws, purging the staff and the lack of an independent audit. WLP may be innocent, but he's certainly doing a fine impression of someone who's guilty.
Old 02-25-2021, 8:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Considering they got into a dispute and are trading lawsuits with the PR firm that built WLPs image and power, the PR battle isn't going well. In any case, 30 years is more than enough for one person to hold the reins...after all, the president of a free nation only gets 8 years max, but dictatorships can last longer, usually for the rest of their lives...
Just remember, the PR battle to which I refer isn't about LaPierre, it's about the organization. It doesn't really matter what accusations are hurled back and forth. It's about the NRA instilling or re-instilling confidence in both members and non-members that things are on the up-and-up. Unfortunately, "the board stands with Wayne" isn't necessarily convincing; particularly when there are board members or former board members who appear to disagree.

The short version is that we need a bit more 'transparency' in terms of what is actually going on. It's my understanding that information has been 'shared' among the board and with select, trusted individuals. Further, Kestryll started a thread back in 2019 on that very topic... RE: NRA 'Transparency' The crux of his argument was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll
...We've all said it in attempts to help people not hurt their case, how many here think the legal counsel for the NRA has not sat down and told them:
"Shut up, don't say anything opposing counsel can use against us and don't say anything regarding these lawsuits without our permission."?

As I said I am ALL about transparency but if we're going to hammer someone to be quiet while facing charges or litigation and then condemn the NRA for being quiet while undergoing litigation we're pretty darn hypocritical.

While these lawsuits are ongoing we should already understand the restrictions put on the NRA by the attorneys and wait until things wrap up.

AFTER these lawsuits wrap up if there's no summation to the members of what occurred or something of that nature THEN we have every right to ask for more transparency.
The trouble is that was in October of 2019 and, as we've seen since then, even more lawsuits have been filed and some of them are by Government entities intent on dismantling or 'controlling' NRA operations. What I said in that thread is still valid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia
While the NRA has certain interests to 'protect,' so do the members and hiding behind legal constraints, no matter how legitimate, is only going to buy just so much... patience.
When it comes to its public image, the NRA is beginning to fall sufficiently behind the curve that it's going to require considerable effort and resources to come back. The only 'advantage,' for now, is that the Left and their Democrat allies are scaring people and those people are looking for someone or some entity to fight/push back. If not the NRA, then who?

Those organizations who are honestly attempting to fill the current 'gaps' being left due to the NRA's distraction are not, yet, fully grown gorillas in the room. While a pack of dogs can be just as, if not more effective than a single, 'big dog,' there has to be a certain coordination of effort/tactics for that pack to succeed and, thus far, that coordination is impacted by the same types of problems which were targeted by this campaign against the NRA; e.g., divisions of focus, opinion, and agenda.

The clock is ticking down on the patience one can reasonably expect and, more to the point, on the patience/understanding the NRA needs if it is intending to retrench and expand. I'm not certain how much the NRA is still, actually, "in the game." I'm certain there is a presence; but, the significance of that presence is diluted via the funds being diverted toward its own legal battles, the funds being withheld by members who are awaiting 'news' and 'clarity,' and by the horrendous PR it has suffered over the last year and a half... PR which is still on-going and not being 'answered' by the NRA beyond the announcement of legal machinations and "all is well, be patient."

Right now, the NRA appears to be 'gambling' that their legal strategies will be successful and that the loyalty of members will move them to not 'argue with success.' Okay. But, as we've seen, while there is a 'core' of 'true believers,' that's not where all the money is and that doesn't appear to be where the plurality of the members are. If the NRA is relying on 'fear of the Left,' which has been the fundamental element of their PR campaigns and fund raising for years, I'm not sure such is going to be 'enough' at this point to make the difference.

It's no longer a 'game' of they trust or like 'us' better than 'them.' It's about regaining the 'trust' which has been undermined and shaken. Yes. The focus is on the legal campaign, as it must be. But, even if the overall plan is to retrench and expand from there, the PR campaign needs more in the tank and, soon, is going to have to provide more by way of specifics than what the membership has been given to this point. Some sort of explanation is going to have to be forthcoming and the NRA is going to have to persuade people that it's 'cleaned house.' People will continue to believe what they believe and those who are predisposed to seeing the NRA as mismanaged are going to use the continuing 'silence' as 'evidence' of such and/or of nefarious machinations 'behind the curtain.' Unfortunately, the 'silence,' other than 'we support Wayne,' may keep the lawyers happy, but it will also keep the membership restive.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:21 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

All these accusations by libtards in NY AG office, MSM and the rest of shady demorats must be true, after all, they spend four years telling us how evil Trump is, how Russians had bought and paid him, and how we just had free and fair elections.

So many on this forum spew their hate and half-baked BS against the NRA.

Why don't you also advocate not to vote for Republicans, because demorats are so good for us and this country.

Bunch of libtard plants and trolls.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Here is how it works.
A reporter asks a small town mayor if he had ever beaten his wife. The mayor answers NO he had never done that.

The newspaper then runs a story, " Mayor Denies Beating His Wife "
For the next week, the paper places different stories about spouse abuse within its pages. It also runs a week long series where it interviews victims of spousal abuse .
Some of the interviews pose the question. Do you think the Mayor is guilty of spousal abuse ?
At the end of the week , they run a poll showing the majority of the town believes the mayor beats his wife and should resign .

Every WLP/NRA critic is EXACTLY like those town folks who fell for newspaper propaganda piece on the Mayor beating his wife .

Friends can NOT EVER TRUST A STORY FROM a SOURCE that HATES YOU!
Unfortunately, ja308 is correct. This is exactly how the Democrat press has worked for some time now. On the subject of guns, it would go like this.

Reporter: "Sir, have you ever shot someone with your gun?"
Gun Owner: "No."

Newspaper runs a story, "GUN OWNER DENIES SHOOTING PEOPLE"

What follows for the next several months is a drumbeat by almost all the large national media--i. e. the Democrat media--about "gun violence" and "toddlers shooting themselves with their parents' guns". They interview people who got shot by, say, a member of MS-13 or some other gang. Some of the interviews pose the question, "do you think it's dangerous for people to be carrying guns around on our streets?" Six months later after this drumbeat, you have a lot of people voting for The Party of Gun Control, the Democrats.

Of course, the antis funding all this, e. g. Bloom-boy, Schumer, Soros, etc., have posses of armed bodyguards protecting *them*...their big-microphone mouthpieces in the offices of CNN, *NBC, etc. have security guards protecting *them*. The Journal-News had armed security protecting their offices, and the top bosses had armed security protecting their homes. But you're not supposed to look behind the curtain, now...oops.....
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 02-25-2021, 7:31 PM

Sadly, the the “popular” press, on both ends of the spectrum have offered only very polarized perspective, and this plays into the the market that they wish to tap, on confirmation bias. They are a business, at the end of the day. I am not here to pick a side,
Insult someone with a perspective that differs from mine.
What I can say, is that when I dealt with a
Legal issue that impacted my business, and both the plaintiff and defendant were customers of mine, I sat with the defendant. After the day on court, I received a call from someone close to the judge, the husband of the judge, asking for my opinion. My opinion didn’t matter, and I stated this, and also encouraged for his wife, the judge, to contact those in my industry, who are involved in the related product, to this case.
I had nothing to hide.....
I can say that there are people that are just wicked, some that can use an issue to boost their career to the next level. An ice pack should be placed upon their groin....especially when it pertains to the law, and 2A.
I can understand the importance of keeping one’s cards close to the chest. But after the litigation is over, what is wrong with transparency, ever? Unless their is shame, or something to hide.
Anything short, would like hiding a crazy family member in the attic, in my opinion.
Before anyone goes sideways on this perspective, think about how the sarbanes-oxley act, came to be.....greed
Old 02-26-2021, 10:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Sadly, the the “popular” press, on both ends of the spectrum have offered only very polarized perspective, and this plays into the the market that they wish to tap, on confirmation bias. They are a business, at the end of the day. I am not here to pick a side,
Insult someone with a perspective that differs from mine.
What I can say, is that when I dealt with a
Legal issue that impacted my business, and both the plaintiff and defendant were customers of mine, I sat with the defendant. After the day on court, I received a call from someone close to the judge, the husband of the judge, asking for my opinion. My opinion didn’t matter, and I stated this, and also encouraged for his wife, the judge, to contact those in my industry, who are involved in the related product, to this case.
I had nothing to hide.....
I can say that there are people that are just wicked, some that can use an issue to boost their career to the next level. An ice pack should be placed upon their groin....especially when it pertains to the law, and 2A.
I can understand the importance of keeping one’s cards close to the chest. But after the litigation is over, what is wrong with transparency, ever? Unless their is shame, or something to hide.
Anything short, would like hiding a crazy family member in the attic, in my opinion.
Before anyone goes sideways on this perspective, think about how the sarbanes-oxley act, came to be.....greed
How far do you take this both sides view ?
Did you read both sides when considering the actions of Pol pot or Joe Stalin ? Is it likely both sides could be considered extreme? Those who favored the re- education camps/ forced labor/ starvations in an attempt to make their societies better, or those who thought these actions were horrendous and inhuman? Where is the middle ground ground ?

This NY AG ran on taking down the NRA. It seems she is making good on her promise to take down the NRA and with it RKBA ! Elimination of 2A was promise made by benefactor George Soros, who BTW was exposed by the NRA and WLP !

So lets get to the bottom of this both sides extremism your post mentioned. Is it only when US liberty is involved you keep an open mind and consider the views of Tyrants ?

Last edited by ja308; 02-26-2021 at 12:14 PM..
Old 02-26-2021, 12:22 PM

Well, about all I've gotten out of this thread is a lot of rude accusations and some knucklehead writing the new NRA recruitment slogan,

"We don't need gun owners like you!"

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
W.T. Sherman
Old 02-26-2021, 12:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhendo View Post
Well, about all I've gotten out of this thread is a lot of rude accusations and some knucklehead writing the new NRA recruitment slogan,

Rather shallow insulting post !
Old 02-26-2021, 1:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Guess what... WE DONT NEED GUN OWNERS WHO VOTE DEMOCRAT! We dont need them in this forum, we dont need them at our ranges or in our gun stores!

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 02-27-2021 at 1:02 PM..
Old 02-26-2021, 2:04 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

Just because you happened to own a gun, does not make you a supporter of the Second Amendment or be on our side.

After all Biden and Obama claimed to own shotguns and Feinstein own a handgun and has CCW.
If you are a gun owner just like them, then you are an enemy just like them.
Old 02-26-2021, 5:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Guess what... WE DONT NEED GUN OWNERS WHO VOTE DEMOCRAT!
Guess what he is NOT NRA and will never be NRA ! Same with many more who know nothing, but what the New York papers and corrupt anti gun DA selectively release.

BTW you are correct we don't need these people in the NRA either, recruiting is so easy with those who love liberty and are not media fed. I recruited 2 new members just today, at the paint store.

Friends encourage everyone you think would be an asset to our NRA. With 50 million members we might be able to stop the democrat machine until we get honest elections again.
Old 02-26-2021, 6:05 PM

So when you say "these people", do you mean anyone who doesn't toe your line?

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
W.T. Sherman
Old 02-26-2021, 7:11 PM

Quote:
I always appreciate reading what you write and will reply to your concerns as to why I sometimes refer to the critics of WLP as slobs who wear short pants, smelly Ts, sneakers and backwards ball cap. Its no accident the big media enjoys making these people appear clownish and not worthy of any serious consideration.

For many years we have attended NRA dinners and fundraisers where gun culture people were featured speakers, many are judges, authors, police representatives, elected representatives and others of influence.
Every one of these events men wore suits and ladies wore elegant, dresses, suits, evening gowns, etc.

Now picture the WLP critic standing outside, face glued to the window with his short pants, smellyT, sneakers and backwards ball cap, complaining that his 25 bucks went to WLP wearing an Italian suit!
This here demonstrates that you do not get it. WLP and the NRA with its dinners and fundraisers with its featured speakers that include so many people of great influence at events where everyone is expected to wear nice suits, dresses, evening gowns, etc, gives the impression the NRA is an organization for the elites. Your characterization of those standing outside and looking in are wearing shorts, smelly t-shirts, sneakers and backwards ball caps are the ones complaining about their $25 going to pay for WLP suits.

Well many of those on the outside are the blue collar workers or struggling workers who for whatever reason are barely making it. I work with some who are working to the best of their capabilities but have developmental disabilities or physical disabilities but refuse to take government assistance. They work at whatever job they can. They are American gun owners and NRA members and will never be able to afford to become life members. They cannot even afford to buy a suit and even if invited to an NRA dinner and given a free ticket would not go or told they could not enter because they would not meet the dress code, at least the one you say that gun people that attend these dinners have.

I do not even own a suit myself and when I go to church my jeans and casual shirt is just fine and I fit right in. We do have people come in those smelly t-shirts and shorts and the backwards baseball caps and they are always welcomed. I always wear sneakers BTW. I have to buy specially made shoes due to severe back problems and the only company that makes them is a running shoe company so that is what I wear all the time. My back health is more important that what anyone else thinks.

When I worked at a job that required dress shoes, I got an accommodation under the ADA because the shoes I need in order to walk without back pain are only made in a running shoe and I can only get them in the design that is being offered. Every year the color changes and only one color pattern is offered. I have no choice.

By the way, I have heard WLP speak and he puts me to sleep. I am very intelligent, I have been a member of MENSA since the age of 6. I find other other paid NRA speakers to be much more captivating and they are the ones that have increased the numbers of the younger members and the numbers of the minority members. If you want to reach the 50 million new members, you have to appeal to them and you have to reach out to democratic voters. There are still plenty of democratic voters that oppose gun control.

I was a former Democrat that got sick of the party during the Clinton administration and realized the party left me and I moved over to the Republican Party. A few years later I also became a NRA life member.

I have introduced more than a few people to shooting, both conservatives and liberals just by taking them shooting at my local range. It is amazing what happens if you provide the guns and free ammo for a couple of range trips. Even an anti-gun person will convert when they realize it is fun and the gun does not blow up in their hands.

Then I hook them up with a new shooter class at my LGR or with an NRA sponsored one and I will even pay for the first year NRA membership. That is often enough to hook them.

Some will still vote democratic but it opens the door so when they start complaining about the new stupid gun laws I can have a conversation about how we ended up with the new stupid laws and will they really solve anything. It is those long term, reasoned conversations that converts minds. Not the rhetoric.

I agree that I do not believe the MSM reports about the NRA. I have been around long enough to know that when a controversy hits any organization, be it private or public, a business, a charity, or whatever, those that survive it best and recover fast replace the leader or other top people who are at the center of the controversy. It does not matter if the person is justly or unjustly accused.

The controversy is causing the organization to get off of its mission and is a major distraction. WLP had made a huge salary for 30 years or more. He has an extremely large retirement package that he has been drawing on while also getting his current salary. He is set for the rest of his life.

He can still write books and be part of the the pro-gun movement. By stepping down, he can separate himself from the NRA and the NRA can refocus on their core mission. They can get their house in order, get new leadership that will appeal to a wider membership base and attract new members from all the new gun owners who recently bought out of fear of the new gun restrictions the progressive democrats want to pass and the realization that we are each responsible for our own self-defense because LE will not always be around (as demonstrated by the riots last year).

Many of those new owners are democrats and this is the opportunity for us to start the conversation to get them to realized gun control is people control and gun control does not take guns away from criminals, it only disarms the law abiding.

Your rhetoric just divides and pushes that group aside because they are already the enemy. That is what the dems have done to us. Hillary made that mistake and it cost her the election. We will loose the gun rights battle if we make the same mistake.

I am a high school teacher and you might be surprised at the large number of my students who are concerned about the loss of personal rights in our country at this time. I have had these discussion in my distance learning classes. Many want to come back to the classroom and I am very open as to why that is not happening in my district. We could already have done that but our school board voted against it. They did it as a cost cutting measure. They are saving several million by not having students on campus and the local teacher's union is on record at the last board meeting stating we want to go back because every teacher in our county that wants the COVID vaccine can now get it through the County office of education.

A few students have had the CA DOJ show up at their homes to search for their parent's guns and were terrified. In their history class, they have already discussed Nazi Germany and a few said they felt like it was being in Nazi Germany.

I have a few students on our local youth sport shooting league and they think it is stupid they cannot post pictures to social media with their guns or shooting medals they have one because if it is discovered by an administrator, they can be suspended.

Our younger generation is starting to change and they just might help us win the battle. But as long as the NRA maintains this optic of an old white guy club that only appeals to my father and grandfather where everyone has to dress up and they look down their noses at the younger generation that have a different sense of fashion, then it will continue to lose membership and it will wither on the vine.

The gun culture community has greatly changed over the past 30 years and the NRA has to change to reflect that. It has to actively recruit the younger generation who speaks a different language and do not necessarily trust the older generation.

I am a baby boomer that grew up in the 60s and at that time I did not trust anyone over 30. Much of the younger generation today trusts the older generation even less than my generation did back then.

A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

--Librarian
Old 02-26-2021, 11:23 PM

Yall arguing like women... yeah keep it up.. thats why there is a commie SOB in the W/H sleeping tonight..
Old 02-27-2021, 5:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW948 View Post
Yall arguing like women... yeah keep it up.. thats why there is a commie SOB in the W/H sleeping tonight..
You may have a point but I seriously doubt anyone who is a member of the NRA and continues to support the organization and the outstanding ongoing work it does to defend the 2A, despite the controversy created by the ultra liberal NYS attorney General or the NY Times, voted for the commie SOB sleeping in the WH. In fact I can almost guarantee that most of the people in this thread critical of the NRA/ Wayne La Pierre not only voted for the commie SOB in the WH, they have been voting for the commie democrats for decades!

Anytime you find a gun owner at the range, local gun store etc who votes democrat, tell them what you think of their hypocrisy, their anti gun politics and call them out for everyone to hear, shun them, ignore them and treat them like the morons that they are.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 02-27-2021 at 6:01 AM..