Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 06-07-2018, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

Default Two new 80% builds...

I read an article about the 6x45 cartridge (6mm-.223) and it intrigued me.
Found a 16" barrel on sale for $89 and built the rifle around that. All the other parts came from Primary Arms. The railed handguard is an AimSports AR-15 13.5" M-LOK Handguard.
The lower receiver is an 80% that I milled out with an EPArmory router jig and a drill press. The upper side-charger receiver and bolt carrier are from Bear Creek Arsenal.

The 6mm ammo seems to be "Unobtanium" so I fire-formed some .223 brass and loaded it with 25.5g of IMR 4895 and 70g ballistic-tip boat-tail bullets.
I haven't had a chance to test fire it yet, but I hope to get out to the woods this week-end.

And, here, along side a pistol I built last year on another 80% receiver. The pistol is 5.56.

Old 09-20-2018, 3:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlock Tom View Post
I read an article about the 6x45 cartridge (6mm-.223) and it intrigued me.
Found a 16" barrel on sale for $89 and built the rifle around that. All the other parts came from Primary Arms. The railed handguard is an AimSports AR-15 13.5" M-LOK Handguard.
The lower receiver is an 80% that I milled out with an EPArmory router jig and a drill press. The upper side-charger receiver and bolt carrier are from Bear Creek Arsenal.

The 6mm ammo seems to be "Unobtanium" so I fire-formed some .223 brass and loaded it with 25.5g of IMR 4895 and 70g ballistic-tip boat-tail bullets.
I haven't had a chance to test fire it yet, but I hope to get out to the woods this week-end.

And, here, along side a pistol I built last year on another 80% receiver. The pistol is 5.56.

The GHOST SBR... shark blade stock with 7.5" 300blk barrel with m16 lpk and m16 bcg in the woods was the thing. You most of love it... Lol