Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Default Do You Like Boyd's At-One?

I want to put a Boyd's stock on a Axis II. I was thinking of the At-One because of the adjustability and price point.

Does anyone have one yet, your thoughts?
Old 12-11-2017, 5:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Vaughn Precision on youtube is building a rifle on one. He said he'll have a video up soon.
Old 12-12-2017, 6:10 AM

I don’t have one, so there’s your grain of salt...

I am not a fan. For me the laminate wood gives classy looks to modern rifles that ship with lame plastic stocks. So when Boydes then puts lame plastic bolt ons onto the At-one, it was a total no-go for me.

Combined with their adjustable comb which I also dislike as it sits too far back. Compare to some of the nicer fiberglass stocks, where the WHOLE comb not just a small chunk out of the center comes up.

I do have a pro-varmint on my RAR 22, and love it, so I’m not bashing boydes out of hand, I personally just don’t like the At-one for those reasons
Old 12-12-2017, 8:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Vaughn Precision on youtube is building a rifle on one. He said he'll have a video up soon.
awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardlyworking View Post
I don’t have one, so there’s your grain of salt...

I am not a fan. For me the laminate wood gives classy looks to modern rifles that ship with lame plastic stocks. So when Boydes then puts lame plastic bolt ons onto the At-one, it was a total no-go for me.

Combined with their adjustable comb which I also dislike as it sits too far back. Compare to some of the nicer fiberglass stocks, where the WHOLE comb not just a small chunk out of the center comes up.

I do have a pro-varmint on my RAR 22, and love it, so I’m not bashing boydes out of hand, I personally just don’t like the At-one for those reasons
I've never owned a stock with any kind of adjustment, so these are good tips for me to consider!

I'm not a huge fan of it aestetically, bu I'm trying to be budget minded, while getting something that will adjust for myself and my wife for more comfort. I really wish I could hold one and get a feel for it in person.

I really like the varmint thumbhole stock, but that eliminates the LOP adjustment option.
Old 12-12-2017, 8:56 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks! I've been looking for a adjustable-but-less-than-$800 stock for my Savage... This looks like it might fit the bill!
Old 12-12-2017, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

It looks great for it's price and I'm sure it works good as well.
Old 12-12-2017, 7:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Boyd's also has a "Pro Varmint" stock I think it's called. It has an option of getting an adjustable cheekpiece for a few bucks. Boyd's also sells a buttplate that can be made adjustable, but it's not a pushbutton deal.

There is also the GRS Berserk for $625. Not quite $800, but a little bit cheaper. Plus a number of chassis systems in the same price range.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:44 PM

I've never shot a rifle fitted with an At One, but I have handled the stock a number of times. I'm not a fan. The grip is angular and uncomfortable. There are other stocks out there, but as others have pointed out, they're typically much more expensive than the Boyds. In fact, I don't know of a fully adjustable stock cheaper than the At One.
Old 12-15-2017, 7:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

There are optional grip inserts for the At One.