Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 06-30-2020, 9:48 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Default Glock GSSF Match - Richmond - Aug. 22-23

Come join the Richmond Rod & Gun Club for the Northern California Regional Classic XXVII GSSF match (27 years and counting!).

If you own a Glock and live in or near the Bay Area, come out and see how well you can shoot it in Glock's own shooting sport. You don't need previous competitive experience, and you don't need expensive equipment. All you need is your Glock, a couple of magazines, and ammo to compete in a safe and fun environment.

GSSF awards guns, cash, and other prizes based on performance, but also awards some items on a random draw basis. So join us to see how well you shoot and maybe take home a certificate for a brand new Glock!

In previous years, Glock has given away as many 30 pistols at this match (winners of divisions and random drawing) and over $5,000 in cash and other prizes. Many of these were given away by random selection.

If you own a Glock, but have never shot competition before, GSSF is an excellent introduction to action shooting. No drawing from the holster, no movement, no reloading on the clock. Just standing in front of an array of targets with the gun at low-ready. It is a a relaxed atmosphere that is welcoming to people of all skill levels who have a reasonable understanding of firearm safety.

If you are an experienced shooter, though, it is a great way to measure yourself against the best the region has to offer.

When: August 22-23 - 9am to 4pm
Where: Richmond Rod & Gun Club - 3155 Goodrick Ave., Richmond, California

More info: http://www.GSSFOnline.com

Rules: http://www.gssfonline.com/glockrpt/G...rent_Rules.pdf
Old 06-30-2020, 12:15 PM

Default For Sure?

May I ask if you are involved in putting this together?

Reason being my friends/ team-mates had in the past months tried to make plans for GSSF Piru; and sadly it's still up in the air!?? Or is it definitely cancelled?

It surely dampened the spirit of the sport..and just do not want to set ourselves up for another disappointment again
Old 06-30-2020, 1:41 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1G75 View Post
May I ask if you are involved in putting this together?

Reason being my friends/ team-mates had in the past months tried to make plans for GSSF Piru; and sadly it's still up in the air!?? Or is it definitely cancelled?

It surely dampened the spirit of the sport..and just do not want to set ourselves up for another disappointment again
I'm not the match director, but he is a friend and I am most likely going to be one of the Range Officers. The match will be at Richmond, which has already resumed its competitive matches, so it is unlikely that it will be cancelled barring any significant change in the pandemic laws.

I'm sure that Piru cancelled because it was just too close to the time when the restrictions were supposed to be loosened. They probably had a concern about enough volunteers and enough participants to make the effort worthwhile.
Old 06-30-2020, 2:40 PM

What stages are you going to be presenting?
Old 06-30-2020, 3:46 PM
Sarariman Shuta
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPSA GM View Post
If it is an outdoor GSSF match (which it is), then it is the usual

Glock M
Glock the Plates
5 to Glock

Link to the COF: http://gssfonline.com/courses.cfm

I have not done any GSSF for years now, but this one was from the 2017 Fall Match in SoCal...

_

Last edited by rodralig; 06-30-2020 at 4:37 PM..
Old 06-30-2020, 3:51 PM

tag
Old 06-30-2020, 4:12 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPSA GM View Post
Not sure. I'll ask the MD.
Old 06-30-2020, 6:01 PM
Veteran Member

I'm a definite maybe.