Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-09-2009, 1:35 AM
Faust Faust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 830
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default AMMO, Buy as much as you can and stack it high

What I mean is exactly that; some may say it's bad form to buy it all when it's available but lets be realistic and plan for the future, you may not get to shoot it all (if you buy alot) but we have an obligation to introduce new shooters to the sport, teach our kids and the neighbors kids(and their parents), and 22 with its afordable price tag makes that responsibility a lighter burden on all of us. On the same note, if you know shooters that are limiting their trigger time because of the $ of ammo, bring them in to the RF fold, those shooters are out there. Let us not ignore the ever present threats of taxation/regulation/legislation and the buying power of the dollar, so try beating me to the WW at 92173.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2009, 7:56 AM
Voo Voo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Saint Diego
Posts: 1,705
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

so you're trying to justifying buying all the .22 ammo for the sake of new shooters huh..? I guess that's a good way to show new shooters about how gun people are good people right? "Buy all the ammo and leave none behind.. Dont worry about anyone else."

It's already tough enough that people are hoarding like mad, but at least there is some honesty in why they're doing.

"I want the ammo for myself" - Thats at least that's closer to the truth...

Last edited by Voo; 04-09-2009 at 8:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2009, 9:19 AM
.22guy's Avatar
.22guy .22guy is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 5,868
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo View Post
so you're trying to justifying buying all the .22 ammo for the sake of new shooters huh..? I guess that's a good way to show new shooters about how gun people are good people right? "Buy all the ammo and leave none behind.. Dont worry about anyone else."

It's already tough enough that people are hoarding like mad, but at least there is some honesty in why they're doing.

"I want the ammo for myself" - Thats at least that's closer to the truth...
It's a little thing called capitalism. If you don't like it, move to Cuba.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-09-2009, 9:22 AM
rtlltj's Avatar
rtlltj rtlltj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Salinas
Posts: 784
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

The only reason I buy ammo in quantities of more than I need at that time is it's no secret that ammo prices have always increased. The more you buy now saves you money later. You may see ammo prices level off but they are never going to drop in price.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-2009, 9:26 AM
Mason McDuffie's Avatar
Mason McDuffie Mason McDuffie is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,104
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I agree with the original poster. I am always taking new shooters to the range to get them into the sport. The first day I dont really ask them to chip in for ammo, so I make sure that I have stocked up on the lower calibers so they can have some fun.

I hardly think its bad for a person to want to save money either. Now, if their hording ammo just for hording sake, well as lame as that is they have that right. I'm not gonna get pissed how another man/woman spends her hard earned money.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2009, 9:30 AM
smle-man's Avatar
smle-man smle-man is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 8,238
iTrader: 119 / 100%
Default

Buy ammo but be nice and leave a bit behind for others. Those new shooters will quickly get frustrated if they never find ammo and will drop out of the sport. We need new people in this hobby or it will die. I see too many grey headed guys like me at the range and not enough teens and twenty somethings.
__________________
4th generation citizen soldier - U.S. Army (ret)

"Everybody dies.. the thing is, to die well' Jack Harper
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-09-2009, 9:33 AM
Mason McDuffie's Avatar
Mason McDuffie Mason McDuffie is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,104
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Thats a very good point SMLE. I guess rule of thumb, leave some box's on the shelves for the guy behind you as a courtesy. I just gave one of mu friends a .303 Enfield and he wanted to go shoot. He went to 2 different Big 5's and 2 shops to get ammo. Finally he came over to my house and said hey thanks for the gun I cant shoot. Haha, we laughed had a beer and I took the gun back. J/K but he was pretty upset about not finding ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-09-2009, 9:37 AM
Gator Monroe Gator Monroe is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oak Run Ca.
Posts: 6,444
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I have 600+ 308 bullits for reloading (and I don't even own or plan on owning (unless it's a cetme build) a rifle in that cal. ... Buy reloading supplies and stack it deep !
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-09-2009, 9:54 AM
old-trapper's Avatar
old-trapper old-trapper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Morro Bay Ca.
Posts: 480
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

ill take the .308.bullets......pm sent....LOL
__________________
" if your only as old as you feel....I'm a thousand"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-09-2009, 9:56 AM
EastBayRidge's Avatar
EastBayRidge EastBayRidge is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 478
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

This post needs more:

__________________
Leave the cannoli, take the gun.



Jest tylko ziemia. Jedna ziemia i pory roku nad nią są.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Faust Faust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 830
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Hoard it if you can afford it, and if you're not willing to make it a priority to find some at a good price than pay the premium for it. Shooting and to some extent fishing are my ONLY sports and I do not need ammo, I want ammo to do with it what I please, you can complain about it, join in the frenzy or wait and take your chances; of course that may all change tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 AM
reidnez's Avatar
reidnez reidnez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,860
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

I don't begrudge anybody hoarding the stuff. I rarely buy ammo in brick-and-mortar stores, anyway, and it's not that much of a hassle to check a few websites every now and then to see if they have good deals. I predict (and hope) that all this will calm down. If it keeps up for long enough, the companies will eventually increase their production to match supply. But they aren't going to do that for what they see as a temporary spike, because they would lose money in the long-run when demand wanes.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
smle-man's Avatar
smle-man smle-man is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 8,238
iTrader: 119 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Hoard it if you can afford it, and if you're not willing to make it a priority to find some at a good price than pay the premium for it. Shooting and to some extent fishing are my ONLY sports and I do not need ammo, I want ammo to do with it what I please, you can complain about it, join in the frenzy or wait and take your chances; of course that may all change tomorrow.
So much for the fellowship of shooters.
__________________
4th generation citizen soldier - U.S. Army (ret)

"Everybody dies.. the thing is, to die well' Jack Harper
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Faust Faust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 830
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

"But they aren't going to do that for what they see as a temporary spike, because they would lose money in the long-run when demand wanes. "
Precisely! and demand will if this administration has it's way.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Voo Voo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Saint Diego
Posts: 1,705
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

I don't begrudge anyone for hoarding ammo. On the contrary, I'm quite the hoarder myself. I firmly believe in the idea that if you're smarter/work harder/are more gainfully employed then you should be able to fully reap the benefits of your efforts (ie buying as much ammo (or anything) you can afford). I did my whoring some time back before the current frenzy and to date I haven't had to buy commercial ammo in over a year.

My point, since some of you didnt' catch it the first time, was that I simply found it a bit incredulous to attribute 'whoring of ammo' to something related with showing some philanthropic consideration to new shooters. Do you really believe thats' why you're buying it up? But "hey", I could be wrong- You could be a really nice guy that's actually stockpiling ammo to help new shooters. But as you put it yourself, is that really the reason why "I" should be racing you to the Walmart's throughout San Diego??

Please do buy as much as you can afford. I do, I am extremely selfish about it. I make ZERO excuses for it as well. I have no issues either if you buy all of it to simply turn around and sell it here/there/on CG for a profit. As I stated previously, if you're in a position to do that, definitely more power to you.

For me, it's the mixing of selfish desires with something 'altruistic' that's a bit unsavory. It's absolutely pathetic to say it's "for the children" when it's clearly not.

I hope that's a bit more understandable.

Last edited by Voo; 04-09-2009 at 12:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-09-2009, 1:19 PM
bobbyblank's Avatar
bobbyblank bobbyblank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 409
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo View Post
I don't begrudge anyone for hoarding ammo. On the contrary, I'm quite the hoarder myself. I firmly believe in the idea that if you're smarter/work harder/are more gainfully employed then you should be able to fully reap the benefits of your efforts (ie buying as much ammo (or anything) you can afford). I did my whoring some time back before the current frenzy and to date I haven't had to buy commercial ammo in over a year.

My point, since some of you didnt' catch it the first time, was that I simply found it a bit incredulous to attribute 'whoring of ammo' to something related with showing some philanthropic consideration to new shooters. Do you really believe thats' why you're buying it up? But "hey", I could be wrong- You could be a really nice guy that's actually stockpiling ammo to help new shooters. But as you put it yourself, is that really the reason why "I" should be racing you to the Walmart's throughout San Diego??

Please do buy as much as you can afford. I do, I am extremely selfish about it. I make ZERO excuses for it as well. I have no issues either if you buy all of it to simply turn around and sell it here/there/on CG for a profit. As I stated previously, if you're in a position to do that, definitely more power to you.

For me, it's the mixing of selfish desires with something 'altruistic' that's a bit unsavory. It's absolutely pathetic to say it's "for the children" when it's clearly not.

I hope that's a bit more understandable.

Nope, not understandable to me at all really...


This is exactly why i regret letting people know that the walmart in rancho cordova had some bulk federal. I posted they had some in, and when i went down today to pick some up for myself, 2 guys just like yourself bought everything they had. i think around 20 bricks of federal bulk and all the 9mm.

I wont make that mistake again, its stuff like that which makes me regret trying to take the high road in crazy times like this. Guess thats what i get for trying to be a good guy and not dropping down to the level of all the people waiting in a 10 person line to buy all they can. An as to your theory that being more "Gainfully employed" means you can afford to buy up all you can so you can "fully reap the benefits of your efforts", well guess what? Im Gainfully employed and make good money, but you dont see me at mallmart buying 25,000 rounds of .22, just because i can afford to, screw everyone else...I earned all this ammo...lol. I could buy out a walmart in one shot also, but i dont feel the need to do that, i buy a 3-5k every now and again, every few months.

But like you might as well have said..... screw everyone else, get a better job losers, make more money bums, then you can have ammo

At least thats what it sounded like to me....

Maybe i shoud give that a shot some day
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-09-2009, 2:10 PM
Gator Monroe Gator Monroe is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oak Run Ca.
Posts: 6,444
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Remember the scene in Blackhawk down when the Battle was about to begin and the militia ran into the Arms Bazar and just grabbed everything without paying and took off to do battle?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-09-2009, 2:18 PM
hellraiser's Avatar
hellraiser hellraiser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Changes depending where I am.
Posts: 2,361
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayRidge View Post
This post needs more:

__________________
I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice. --James "Logan" Howlett
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-09-2009, 2:48 PM
Faust Faust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 830
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Buy it, leave nothing behind! shoot it, sell it for profit or share it with the un-initiated to get them going or simply complain about empty shelves, I don't care and if my preaching "philantrophy" is too much for you, too bad. I spend my money my way for my reazons and I know you do the same, I was just puting it out there for the ones that only buy for the next sesion on the range. Buy it all! send the message that we will keep on shooting, tell the mfg's to make more and keep making more for the ammo whores like you and me.
Faust.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Voo Voo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Saint Diego
Posts: 1,705
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblank View Post
Nope, not understandable to me at all really...


This is exactly why i regret letting people know that the walmart in rancho cordova had some bulk federal. I posted they had some in, and when i went down today to pick some up for myself, 2 guys just like yourself bought everything they had. i think around 20 bricks of federal bulk and all the 9mm.

I wont make that mistake again, its stuff like that which makes me regret trying to take the high road in crazy times like this. Guess thats what i get for trying to be a good guy and not dropping down to the level of all the people waiting in a 10 person line to buy all they can. An as to your theory that being more "Gainfully employed" means you can afford to buy up all you can so you can "fully reap the benefits of your efforts", well guess what? Im Gainfully employed and make good money, but you dont see me at mallmart buying 25,000 rounds of .22, just because i can afford to, screw everyone else...I earned all this ammo...lol. I could buy out a walmart in one shot also, but i dont feel the need to do that, i buy a 3-5k every now and again, every few months.

But like you might as well have said..... screw everyone else, get a better job losers, make more money bums, then you can have ammo

At least thats what it sounded like to me....

Maybe i shoud give that a shot some day
Your reading comprehension is somewhat lacking perhaps? You might benefit from reading my post again.

I whore. I admit it. But guess what- I did this over a year ago, at a point in time when ammo was plentiful and restocked the next day or week. I AM NOT the guy buying all of it now on a weekly basis. Sorry, but you'll have to point your displeasure at someone else. As I originally stated that while I'm a 'hoarder", I have yet to buy commercial (blazer, wwb, remington..etc etc) ammo in over 12 months.

Also don't mistake my attitude for elitism. Hard work doesnt entitle one to more freedom, it simply allows you to enjoy more of the freedoms society has to offer. If someone works harder/smarter/more than the next guy, then why shouldn't they be able to enjoy the benefits that come from a direct result of making more money? I'll give you an example as to avoid confusion.

[ex. 1] I want a BMW 5 series. They're about 80,000 US dollars. I work at McDonalds. For whatever reason, that's where I ended up. Nothing wrong with it, as it's an honest living, but the pay is minimum wage for California. I went to the BMW dealership and the nice salesman said he would sell me one. We did the math, and I would have to save for 3 months to meet the first month of payment. Minimum wage really needs to go up for me to be able to afford to buy one.

[ex. 2] I want a BMW 5 series. They're about 80,000 US dollars. At a younger age, I saw the value of a higher education. So, I busted my butt, attended university and finished med school. I am now a cardiac surgeon. The dealership said they would sell me one. I say, "no" and write them a check for 2- one black one white.

The only difference between the two is that one has a job that earns more income. They can both buy the BMW, but only one can really afford it. It's your responsibilty to be able to afford it- there's no entitlement or unfairness. No one's stopping you from buying it. If you want something, then by all means go and find a job that pays you well enough to afford it. Until then, you (like anyone else) should be free to buy whatever you want. We're not discussing things like 'gasoline, water, milk, bread". Remember, it's only ammo.

My main issue was with the OP's poorly veiled excuse for buying up ammo. I simply wanted to point out how 'refreshing' it was to see people use the guise of philanthropy to hide their selfishness.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-13-2009, 9:17 AM
triggerhappy's Avatar
triggerhappy triggerhappy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calif
Posts: 1,122
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .22guy View Post
It's a little thing called capitalism. If you don't like it, move to Cuba.
May I please steal this to use as a signature???
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBFRAGD View Post
When I say people though, I am referring to fellow Americans who have jobs and trucks and guns and consider taking a day or two off work to drive to the boonies and let the lead out. The other 6.something billion of humanity is totally suspect, though.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-13-2009, 12:14 PM
smle-man's Avatar
smle-man smle-man is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 8,238
iTrader: 119 / 100%
Default

I've been buying and keeping ammo since the 80s. I probably have at least a 10 year supply right now but I don't feel the compulsion to buy every last cartridge I see everytime I see it. Be nice and leave a bit for the other shooters.
__________________
4th generation citizen soldier - U.S. Army (ret)

"Everybody dies.. the thing is, to die well' Jack Harper
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-13-2009, 1:41 PM
Bizcuits's Avatar
Bizcuits Bizcuits is offline
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 6,972
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

I don't need to justify hoarding ammo. But I'l race you to Walmart!
__________________
Owner of Patriot Apparel - Decals, Vintage Signs, Apparel and More!
Ebay Store Link
Etsy Store Link
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-13-2009, 1:51 PM
ErikTheRed's Avatar
ErikTheRed ErikTheRed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hitler's Germa..... er, I mean CA
Posts: 1,623
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

If all hell broke loose and you were packin' up to bug out for the hills, would you leave a stockpile of ammo sitting on your front porch with a sign that reads "AMMO: free for those who need it, but please only take one box and leave the rest for others"?

Umm, no. You would not. When I find ammo at the store, I buy what I can afford. No more, no less, and I don't give any thought to "gee whiz, they only have two boxes of .40 left........ I better leave some for the next guy." Uhhh, no. The next guy can buy what he can afford, when he finds it for sale. I shop proactively for my ammo, and when I find what I want, I buy it. Everyone else is free to do the same, and they'll likely find the same results. I prefer not to socialize my ammo buying practices, thank you very much.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-13-2009, 2:20 PM
CSACANNONEER's Avatar
CSACANNONEER CSACANNONEER is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 42,939
iTrader: 130 / 100%
Blog Entries: 4
Default

The only people who are complaining about the recent lack of ammo are those who were not smart enough to "hoard," "stockpile," "collect" or invest in ammo when it was available. I've always found it funny that there are so many gun owners who only buy ammo when they want to go shooting. If I find 20 boxes of Federal .22lr at Walmart, they will be mine because, I need to replace the last 20 boxes I've shot since I was last able to find some for sale. Buying 11,000 rounds at a time might seem like hoarding to some but, it's only a few months supply to others. OTOH, I've been leaving ALL the centerfire ammo at WalMart because, it's still a lot cheaper for me to reload and, I get much better ammo too!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-13-2009, 2:50 PM
jpnosworthy jpnosworthy is offline
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 92
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo View Post
I whore. I admit it.
So that's your "gainful employment", huh?

-J
__________________
One of my favorite replies, sadly not original, to the question of what ammo somebody should buy is, "Lots of practice ammo."
Charles E. Petty
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-13-2009, 5:47 PM
Clinton's Avatar
Clinton Clinton is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Marysville, CA
Posts: 895
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smle-man View Post
I see too many grey headed guys like me at the range and not enough teens and twenty somethings.

Oh, I see PLENTY of teens and twenty somethings at the range. Just not the ones I'd like to see own guns.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-13-2009, 6:34 PM
JTFPEST JTFPEST is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vacaville
Posts: 78
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Heck if I can find it I'll buy it. I have a budget for ammo and will buy what I can...... If I can find any the places around Vacaville that even have any. Believe me it's not a gun friendly place.. So LOL and buy when you can because in some place's it's hard to get ANYTIME!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-13-2009, 6:59 PM
Born2Lose's Avatar
Born2Lose Born2Lose is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Carlos (San Diego)
Posts: 499
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I think you're too late on your suggestion. I've been looking for .22 federal bricks online or otherwise (and not get raped on the price) for a month. Every time i ask about it at Walmart or big 5 they literally laugh at me. Got a raincheck for the recent "sale" at big 5 on them and the guy said it could be a month or two before they get anymore in stock.
__________________
Born2Lose
1904
PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Arteel's Avatar
Arteel Arteel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Monterey
Posts: 2,409
iTrader: 63 / 100%
Default

That sucks. It doesn't seem too hard to find 22lr locally in Norcal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
I think you're too late on your suggestion. I've been looking for .22 federal bricks online or otherwise (and not get raped on the price) for a month. Every time i ask about it at Walmart or big 5 they literally laugh at me. Got a raincheck for the recent "sale" at big 5 on them and the guy said it could be a month or two before they get anymore in stock.
__________________
http://featurelessarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 PM
chickenfried's Avatar
chickenfried chickenfried is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a Chevelle, down by the river
Posts: 7,162
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

Sine you're preaching maybe you should share from your huge ammo stash, at cost of curse
Quote:
Originally Posted by smle-man View Post
I've been buying and keeping ammo since the 80s. I probably have at least a 10 year supply right now but I don't feel the compulsion to buy every last cartridge I see everytime I see it. Be nice and leave a bit for the other shooters.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1echo View Post
Hollywood is satan!!!!

Last edited by chickenfried; 04-13-2009 at 10:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Henry47 Henry47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 929
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

imho, buy and hoard all you want, as long as you're going to eventually shoot it. just don't buy for the sole purpose of reselling at a profit.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 PM
HK Dave's Avatar
HK Dave HK Dave is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rowland Heights, CA
Posts: 5,343
iTrader: 73 / 100%
Default

So what happens years from now when we're no longer in Iraq... our military is stagnant doing little because the democrats have control of our government and ammunition prices drop due to massive surplus?

I think ammo is like the stock market and supply and demand still have a lot to do with the price.

Seriously... serialized ammo? Please.

I think we're all being taken in by gun and ammo manufacturers.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM
xibunkrlilkidsx's Avatar
xibunkrlilkidsx xibunkrlilkidsx is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Escondido,92026
Posts: 5,423
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smle-man View Post
Buy ammo but be nice and leave a bit behind for others. Those new shooters will quickly get frustrated if they never find ammo and will drop out of the sport. We need new people in this hobby or it will die. I see too many grey headed guys like me at the range and not enough teens and twenty somethings.
i was really close to saying **** it to shooting a few weeks ago. because i havent been able to buy ammo for 4 months at retails stores. And my ammo supply has gone to abrely anything. and the guns dont do me much good sitting around when i could sell them and build my ranger up and go drive around aimlessley in the desert.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
PSN Id: FNChester
Certified Welder-ANSI/AWS D1.2 1F/G, 2F/G, 3 F/G up to 1/2 plate aluminium GTAW. &
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Faust Faust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 830
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner, liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."
"Soon we will be gone
A free will sacrifice
As free men we are born
And free we shall die"
Amon Amarth-Free will Sacrifice
"Accept responsibility for your own security. Uncle Sam is busy right now"
Certified Welder-ANSI/AWS D1.2 1F/G, 2F/G, 3 F/G up to 1/2 plate aluminium. "

With this signature I would have never have confused you with one that would consider giving up on guns over your inability to locate ammunition at the store.

Last edited by Faust; 04-14-2009 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: refrasing
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:19 PM
tba02's Avatar
tba02 tba02 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: W. Oakland/S.F.
Posts: 820
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteeel View Post
That sucks. It doesn't seem too hard to find 22lr locally in Norcal.
I've been having a heck of time finding any bulk in the SF area. I even stopped in Dixon last Sunday and nothing there either.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-14-2009, 1:46 PM
cdtx2001's Avatar
cdtx2001 cdtx2001 is offline
Hooligan
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Over Here
Posts: 6,388
iTrader: 71 / 100%
Default

There's a couple guys that go to WM when it opens up and buy everything they have. Nothing in Vacaville, Dixon, Sacramento, Citrus Heights. Ever try Milpitas or Livermore?
__________________
Custom made Tail Gunner Trailer Hitch for sale.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...php?p=17820185

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid" -Han Solo

"A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-14-2009, 2:13 PM
Ezekiel2000's Avatar
Ezekiel2000 Ezekiel2000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pittsburg, CA
Posts: 798
iTrader: 58 / 100%
Default

Livermore doesn't sell ammo but American Canyon does! Last time I was in American Canyon they had many boxes and varities of .22 in stock, so it's out there!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-14-2009, 2:24 PM
MikeinnLA's Avatar
MikeinnLA MikeinnLA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 697
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I am definitely behind....and I'm paying for my lack of attention. When it was looking like Hilary, I was drosing a new handgun every 30 days, picked up 4 nice ones. Somehow I then dropped the ball. Now I'm trying to build up a reasonable supply of ammo because I sincerely believe that either government interference or (more likely) ammo taxes are going to drive the price way up (like cigarettes). I'm doing the Walmart dance with little success other than 1,200 rds of .223 for my new Mini 14. I was so disgusted the other day that when I saw UMC 9mm for $ 16.00 /50 box at a Big 5, I bought 1,000 rds. I know I'm over-paying, but they don't ship bulk to L.A. city and I have few options. If I ever do find handgun ammo at Wally's, I won't feel guilty about buying a bunch. I've made about 15 trips and come away empty-handed, so on a per visit basis, I'm due. Note that every thing I'm buying is to shoot, not to re-sell.

Mike
__________________
Why Johnny Ringo. You look like someone just...walked over your grave.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-14-2009, 2:24 PM
Seed's Avatar
Seed Seed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berkeley/Oakland
Posts: 647
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteeel View Post
That sucks. It doesn't seem too hard to find 22lr locally in Norcal.
Like where in Norcal? Please PM me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:09 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.