Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 03-18-2013, 5:16 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtumor View Post
I think short list should become a sticky so everyone can add to it.
Yeah, sure. When those people start offloading their $40/brick .22 at $15/brick you'll be all over it.

MMMMMMMMMMMM..... buried alive in ammo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 03-18-2013, 6:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishslayer View Post

MMMMMMMMMMMM..... buried alive in ammo...

oh if only.....that's a good thing.

Law abiding firearm owners have no chance in this state.
Old 03-18-2013, 7:10 PM
Veteran Member

This kind of nonsense is exactly why I've been putting any spare ammo on gunbroker instead of listing it on calguns. It's all been going out of state, but at least nobody's going to be *****ing about it.
Old 03-18-2013, 7:23 PM

People are going ***** just to *****. Let me call the
Old 03-18-2013, 7:42 PM

Love it! Ok, i am dying of laugher... How on earth do you guys add these animation things? Can I borrow? Someone school me!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 7:43 PM

all i got is Diane on my avatar and gawd thats already pretty sick.. I see ambulances, emoji's shooting full auto and etc...
Old 03-18-2013, 7:51 PM

Gun Broker... The only place you can sell 20 rounds for $500. I did that last month.
Old 03-18-2013, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
Love it! Ok, i am dying of laugher... How on earth do you guys add these animation things? Can I borrow? Someone school me!!!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=86685

Here's the proper size for the avatar.

Old 03-18-2013, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forewarned View Post
Gun Broker... The only place you can sell 20 rounds for $500. I did that last month.
Please elaborate???
Old 03-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Calguns Addict

I thought I was fine until I ran out of 40. Had to brave a gun show and wait 4 hours in line to get a paltry amount. Just needed some to get by and complete a course. I was not going to pay the silly prices at LGS or the marketplace. However, even at the gun show, the prices went up by double.

I did laugh at the .22lr and .223 or prices at the gun show. Average 375 box of .22lr was $55 and .223 going for $0.70/round.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 PM

I don't have any problem at all with people who buy to stock up or for their personal use.

I do think it's dishonorable to try to snatch up anything you can with the sole intention of turning it around and selling it for top dollar. That kind of slimy bottom feeding crap is not the kind of image we want to be associated with right now. Furthermore, it makes it that much harder to do one of the most important things we can: Welcoming new shooters in, and taking new people out shooting to dispel some of that hype and fear they learned from TV.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
how many of the new reloaders will just start buying ammo again?
Incorrectomungo.. not me any way, I will never buy a box of centerfire rifle/pistol again, it's just too fun building bullets!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I think anyone who uses the word "gouge" when describing fair market in a negative way should be banned from the market place
Old 03-19-2013, 1:15 AM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac-AR15 View Post
I'm glad I stocked up way before this madness. Hopefully people will stop paying this ridiculous prices for ammo so maybe we can get back to normal.
There's always a wise old ant to remind us grasshoppers for our sloth as now we are without the necessities as the Obama winds blow...
Old 03-19-2013, 2:41 AM

Funny, nobody on GB complains a bit. People have been really great to deal with. Calguns marketplace?!? LOL not so much.
Old 03-19-2013, 8:05 AM
Veteran Member

^
Welcome
To California
Old 03-19-2013, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superduper2013 View Post
Please elaborate???
31 Bids and one very happy customer!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=330557885
Old 03-19-2013, 8:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1290 View Post
Funny, nobody on GB complains a bit. People have been really great to deal with. Calguns marketplace?!? LOL not so much.
Same here. No lowballers, everybody's just happy to be getting what they want, and the prices take care of themselves. And it's easier for me to run down to UPS and drop it off than it is to try to schedule a meeting with somebody who may or may not show up, or may or may not try to renegotiate once they're there.

I have some Mosins I've been meaning to sell locally and I've really been dreading it (less excited about shipping those).
Old 03-19-2013, 10:07 AM

My experience exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
Same here. No lowballers, everybody's just happy to be getting what they want, and the prices take care of themselves. And it's easier for me to run down to UPS and drop it off than it is to try to schedule a meeting with somebody who may or may not show up, or may or may not try to renegotiate once they're there.

I have some Mosins I've been meaning to sell locally and I've really been dreading it (less excited about shipping those).
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 AM

My worry about the panic is I was around in 94 then again in 2000 and again in 2008. And what I saw was prices always went up and then they came down but never back to the original price. These panics always seem to set a new retail price even when demand returns to normal.
Old 03-19-2013, 2:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacilander View Post
My worry about the panic is I was around in 94 then again in 2000 and again in 2008. And what I saw was prices always went up and then they came down but never back to the original price. These panics always seem to set a new retail price even when demand returns to normal.
This is my first 'panic'. I don't know what prices were in the past but I hope if there is a new m.s.r.p., it's only $2-5. Preferably $1-2
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 03-19-2013, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
This is my first 'panic'. I don't know what prices were in the past but I hope if there is a new m.s.r.p., it's only $2-5. Preferably $1-2
25% price increase is what I'm currently paying for components from the regular dealers. I don't expect that to change once things become "normal" again(probably 18 months or so...but this is supposedly the worst scare ever)

I'm just guessing though, nobody knows for sure. I think with the Fed printing 80 billion a month to 'bail out' the banks, that inflation is a bit higher than the 3% advertised LOL

Last edited by johnny1290; 03-19-2013 at 3:16 PM..
Old 03-19-2013, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forewarned View Post
31 Bids and one very happy customer!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=330557885
You sir are my hero.
Old 03-19-2013, 6:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Didn't read through all the posts but if it hasn't been said yet the title should be changed. I don't think any hoarders are getting burned right now. Hoarders are those that buy ammo and hoard it. I think you're referring to the guys that buy ammo at normal prices and try to resell it for a profit.
Yes, those people who have the time to stalk out stores, buy the ammo when it comes in and sell it for a profit - those people are called "enterprising". You do know that your local gun store also gets its hand on ammo before you do, buys for a discount, and sells to you for a profit - oh the humanity...
Old 03-19-2013, 7:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Nice!
Old 03-19-2013, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_k_lopez View Post
Yes, those people who have the time to stalk out stores, buy the ammo when it comes in and sell it for a profit - those people are called "enterprising". You do know that your local gun store also gets its hand on ammo before you do, buys for a discount, and sells to you for a profit - oh the humanity...
I like..."optimistic"; like the guy looking for 333 round boxes of Winchester 40 S&W at Walmart today.
Old 03-20-2013, 6:20 AM

In the last two day`s i`ve had to chuckle.

$50.00 for a pound of Varget and $200.00 for 5000 small rifle primers.

As long as people are paying,i guess,the prices are fair.

I just laughed and went on about my business,good luck to them with their sale.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlan1 View Post
I'm proud to be a hoarder. But serious hoarders contribute nothing to this panic or contribute to the demand. We had all our guns, mags and tons of ammo long before the panic and the upsurge in prices. We listened, we saw the writing on the wall. All this was so bloody predictable. Nor have we really bought a dang thing since the inception of the panic, so we are not the one's fueling demand.
I think two different class of hoarders. First is like you, or my self. We buy our supply in advance and plan for the unexpected. Technically, we aren't hoarders. We are just people who plan for the future. Not much different than saving money for raining day.

Than there is second kind of hoarders. Those who buy up everything after the panic hits the shelf. Those type of hoarders often also pay inflated price expecting to quickly "flip" the stock in a months for profit. I think these are the true hoarders. They may not care of 2A, or even care about this sport at all. They are just here to make a quick cash.

Needless to say, we are all happy to see the true hoarder getting caught with their pants down.

B
Old 03-25-2013, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm_ View Post
I think two different class of hoarders. First is like you, or my self. We buy our supply in advance and plan for the unexpected. Technically, we aren't hoarders. We are just people who plan for the future. Not much different than saving money for raining day.

Than there is second kind of hoarders. Those who buy up everything after the panic hits the shelf. Those type of hoarders often also pay inflated price expecting to quickly "flip" the stock in a months for profit. I think these are the true hoarders. They may not care of 2A, or even care about this sport at all. They are just here to make a quick cash.

Needless to say, we are all happy to see the true hoarder getting caught with their pants down.

B
I don't have a problem with hoarders, which to me means people who stock-up for personal use. What I hate are gougers, which I define as people taking advantage of other people in need. Some argues that gouging is simply an effect of supply and demand, the logic of which has some merits, but it is one thing not being able to get what I need because other people in the same situation as I am got to them first, it is quite another having items not available to me because some dbag bought all of it for the sole intent of selling them to people at inflated price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAllGuns View Post
Black color scheme makes the bullets more deadly.
Old 03-25-2013, 9:17 AM

I just bought 2000. Rounds of 22LR for $250. And you know what?
It was worth it.
I started out with a good stash before the Pannic, but as prices rose I stopped shooting more expensive rounds and mostly shot 22LR.
I've spent two Friday mornings standing in line at Big Dive with nine other guys, only to find they only had 1 or 2 boxes in stock.
So now I have something to shoot.
I might buy more from the guy.