Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-29-2010, 6:19 PM

I had a friend of mine forward me an e-mail about a CCW workshop/forum on January 15 in Dixon. According to the e-mail, The Calguns Foundation is hosting the event. Anyone have more info? Although I don't live in Solano County, I wouldn't mind checking it out.
Old 12-30-2010, 7:47 AM

Is it possible to put that information in this thread (or even PM me). I live in Dixon and would be very interested in attending this workshop.
Old 12-30-2010, 8:07 AM
We are the gun lobby
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticallyStressed View Post
Is it possible to put that information in this thread (or even PM me). I live in Dixon and would be very interested in attending this workshop.
+1 on the thread.
Old 12-30-2010, 9:36 AM

Default Sonoma County. Anyone a CCW holder here and/or have info on new Sheriff?

Having a hard time finding any info on the new sheriffs ideals on ccw's. I know the previous sheriff basically didnt allow it what so ever. Im hopeful the new sheriff changes that.
Old 01-01-2011, 9:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gucci pilot View Post
I had a friend of mine forward me an e-mail about a CCW workshop/forum on January 15 in Dixon. According to the e-mail, The Calguns Foundation is hosting the event. Anyone have more info?
Funny, the Right People around here have neither confirmed nor denied knowledge or involvement w/the above event.

Giving this a bump since winning Solano is an important step toward cracking open the anti stronghold known as the SF Bay Area. Solano issuing puts pressure on Yolo, Napa, Sonoma, and Contra Costa counties.

I'm sure many people who live near a county's border can easily move to one side of it or another. This indirectly frees up many county residents by allowing them to keep their same jobs (and possibly even commuting distances) and social connections while allowing them to get CCWs.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-01-2011 at 9:46 PM.. Reason: added Napa county to list of neighboring counties
Old 01-01-2011, 5:16 PM

Talked to a friend that applied with the SO and he was told that they are receiving 12-15 applications a day.
Old 01-02-2011, 7:26 AM

For obvious reasons of spreading false info, I did not post everything that my friend sent me. It did specifically state that this is a Calguns Foundation event and included the website link. I'm more than happy to forward the e-mail to the "right" people.
Old 01-02-2011, 4:56 PM
Very Nice Honey Badger
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Donation Intended for Solano County

A friend from work that I referred here made a $100.00 donation to Calguns Foundation general funds, but intended it to go to the Solano County Initiative. Can Brandon or someone please make this happen?

Details Below:

Hello Matt Bowman,

This email confirms that you have donated The Calguns Foundation $100.00 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *CALGUNSFDN".

Donation Details

Donation amount: $100.00 USD
Total: $100.00 USD
Purpose: Calguns Foundation - General Donation Reference: 0042

His screen name is: matt95688

Thanks!

DO NOT Use Amazon Smile! Use Shop42A.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
I guess it depends on what your definition of law breaking is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Here, let me Google that for you ... :)

No, no, that would be cruel.
Old 01-03-2011, 7:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'd be very interested in this Dixon event... I hope to hear more info!
Old 01-03-2011, 7:44 PM

Default Confirmed

Quote:
I had a friend of mine forward me an e-mail about a CCW workshop/forum on January 15 in Dixon. According to the e-mail, The Calguns Foundation is hosting the event. Anyone have more info? Although I don't live in Solano County, I wouldn't mind checking it out.
I was so excited to read about this seminar in the Dixon Independent Voice that I overlooked the time for the seminar. So, not knowing the start time for this, I called the Veterans Hall to find out what time it starts, and they are still expecting to conduct the seminar as of today (3 Jan).

According to the Independent Voice and the Veterans Hall, the seminar will open at Noon on 15 January, and will start when everyone is settled in. The article in the Independent Voice [Dec 31, 2010, Page 5, "That's Life" by Ted Hickman] has stated that CALGUN will also be there. The link provided in the article is how I found CalGunsFoundation.org.

Ted Hickman also has all of his articles online at http://www.tedhickman.com/?p=1795

See you all there!

Last edited by Extender Mender; 01-03-2011 at 8:06 PM.. Reason: Still learning...I'm an amateur
Old 01-03-2011, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
I love page 5 - why grant a CCW for "home invasion" risk when a permit is clearly not required to have a loaded firearm ready for self-defense?

Also, see page 8, 14, 19, 26, 27, 33 (is epic), 41, 44, 52.
I can think of one reason:
You come home and as you enter your home you see your wife, bound, gagged, and nude on the floor about twenty feet away. Standing over her is a masked man with his pants down and pointing a gun at your wife. As you start into a full run, he turns the gun towards you and pulls the trigger. When you regain conscience in the hospital five days later, you learn that your wife is dead and you will have to rely on other people for the rest of your life for tasks such as eating, bathing, emptying the bedpan, etc. You also learn that the gun that was used was the very same gun that you had put on the CCW, and on that day, would have been the gun in your hand and not the rapist-murderer.

But what are the odds of that happening, right? I'd say it is about the same odds as an Army Major entering a crowd of Army Soldiers and start shooting them. Or the same odds as a troubled individual entering a busy shopping mall and setting fire to it and claiming he has a bomb.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
For obvious reasons of spreading false info, I did not post everything that my friend sent me. It did specifically state that this is a Calguns Foundation event and included the website link. I'm more than happy to forward the e-mail to the "right" people.
I will be giving a presentation.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 01-04-2011, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
I will be giving a presentation.

-Gene
Well then, I'll be there with my best tin foil hat!

Old 01-07-2011, 6:15 PM

Default Another CCW Application

On Monday December 27th, I dropped off my CCW application at the Solano County Sherrif's Office. On Wednesday the 29th, I got a call to tell me I am approved to proceed to the Livescan background check. I absolutely did not expect to get a call after only 2 days. My Livescan appointent is next Monday the 10th of January.

Last edited by thorsmith59; 01-07-2011 at 6:15 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-09-2011, 9:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Where is the additional info for the Dixon event? Any help please?

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Check the link posted by Extender Mender... it will be held at noon on 1/15 at VFW Hall in Dixon. I'm planning to attend with my wife.

Has anyone that's been accepted lately used a special GC statement? I was under the impression that Solano Sheriff's policy specifically states that self defense isn't acceptable. Or has the unofficial policy changed and the wind is blowing a different direction now? (I assume this question would be answered at the seminar next Saturday).
Old 01-11-2011, 9:16 AM

Looks like the SO has posted a new procedure including requiring that you have your class completed prior to submitting the application.
Old 01-11-2011, 9:18 AM

I'll be at Dixon with few friends too....
Old 01-15-2011, 11:05 AM

Sitting at the Dixon seminar now... Looks like Gene and the crew are late... Something about getting stuck in traffic.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say... When they get here :-)
Old 01-15-2011, 11:20 AM

I am here as well... I'd say over 100 people in attendance. They ran out of 75 applications already, more are being printed.
Old 01-15-2011, 1:17 PM

The CCW application link at the start of this thread hasn't been working the last couple days... I have found this link on another thread:

http://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw_app.pdf

Can I use this for Solano County?

p.s. The workshop has been very informative! Thank you Gene and CGF!
Old 01-15-2011, 1:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runin Ronin View Post
The CCW application link at the start of this thread hasn't been working the last couple days... I have found this link on another thread:

http://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw_app.pdf

Can I use this for Solano County?

p.s. The workshop has been very informative! Thank you Gene and CGF!
Yes that is the DOJ form they want evreyone to use.
Old 01-15-2011, 1:55 PM

A big thank you to Gene for his informative talk and patiently answering questions from everyone, including me (and even the non-relevant ones from that NV guy).
Overall, a very good seminar. I was surprised how many people came (must have been over 100 in attendance).

My wife and I picked up applications and will apply (provided I don't get hired at a Sacramento company I've applied to).
I was also glad to hear that the Sheriff has dropped the requirement to have training up-front and isn't charging to accept applications.
That's right folks:
  1. No fees required to apply anymore at Solano (fees taken after passing the first hurdle)
  2. No need to provide proof of training until after you're approved
One point for you Gene. I've read the case law, penal code, and many many threads on here over the years and I had a hard time following you at times. Mainly I think it's because you used a lot of abbreviations and/or didn't spend time to explain (in plain, easy to understand language) what some of the legal and court-case issues are. I think a lot of the audience didn't really absorb what you were trying to present. Not nit-picking, just a few pointers.
Old 01-15-2011, 3:48 PM

Very good presentation at Dixon Gene...thanks for information.
Old 01-15-2011, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggie13 View Post
Very good presentation at Dixon Gene...thanks for information.
+ 100% . Very good presentation, indeed.

CriticallyStressed, good luck on that job prospect in Sacramento. I talked to you both as we were leaving the building.

Funny thing about these forums, we could be in a room together and not know each other. In a hobby forum that I'm in, we'd have our handles as well as real names on tags during monthly meetings.

Last edited by JimSar; 01-15-2011 at 5:37 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2011, 5:42 PM

I just checked the packet I got at the meeting, there's a missing page. It may be to your best interest to compare it with the one posted at the Sheriff's website. There's also guidelines there not handed out at the meeting. Here's a link to the site:

http://www.co.solano.ca.us/depts/she...ons_permit.asp
Old 01-15-2011, 7:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Just FYI - I wasn't late. I was supposed to go on at 2PM but your 1PM speaker didn't show. I was early

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticallyStressed View Post
I was also glad to hear that the Sheriff has dropped the requirement to have training up-front and isn't charging to accept applications.
That's right folks:
  1. No fees required to apply anymore at Solano (fees taken after passing the first hurdle)
  2. No need to provide proof of training until after you're approved
Please do post once folks confirm the above from first hand experience.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 01-15-2011, 7:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSar View Post
I just checked the packet I got at the meeting, there's a missing page. It may be to your best interest to compare it with the one posted at the Sheriff's website. There's also guidelines there not handed out at the meeting. Here's a link to the site:

http://www.co.solano.ca.us/depts/she...ons_permit.asp
Their policy is still illegal in many respects, which we'll be addressing soon.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-19-2011, 6:05 PM
Veteran Member

Since I lost my secret decoder ring..whats considered a "Good Cause " If your not a CO, retired LEO or business owner?
Old 01-23-2011, 7:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple K View Post
Well well well... Since the 90-day clock has already expired and the 30-day clock is within a few days of expiring I called the Sheriff's Office today to check the status on my application. She said that she was just getting ready to call me. I'm approved!!! I just need to go do a thumbprint and photo. Yeah Ha!!!
I just realized I missed this earlier.

Congrats Purple K! While I don't get mad when low post count newbies/lurkers show up and say they've got theirs, I am really happy when a regular contributor/fighter finally gets to announce that they did get theirs.

May you never have to use it, but if you do, may you not miss your target(s)!
Old 01-25-2011, 3:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN ContributorCGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thank you sir!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsmith59 View Post
On Monday December 27th, I dropped off my CCW application at the Solano County Sherrif's Office. On Wednesday the 29th, I got a call to tell me I am approved to proceed to the Livescan background check. I absolutely did not expect to get a call after only 2 days. My Livescan appointent is next Monday the 10th of January.
Any status to report, thorsmith69? It's been 3 weeks since your livescan appointment, I'm not sure what the normal turnaround is.
Old 02-01-2011, 5:38 PM

No status to report. Still waiting to hear from the Sheriff's office. I'm not sure how long this should take but I've heard rumors that they have had a lot of apps recently.
Old 02-03-2011, 1:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Thor will be packin' more than a hammer soon enough...
Old 02-03-2011, 3:13 PM

I mailed my app in last Monday, USPS confirms it was received the next day. No call from the SO yet... wondering if I should call and ask? I understand they received quite a bit of apps recently so I am trying to be patient.
Old 02-03-2011, 3:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Hang tight, Paulette will call if she needs more info.
Old 02-04-2011, 8:46 AM

Quote:
I mailed my app in last Monday, USPS confirms it was received the next day. No call from the SO yet... wondering if I should call and ask? I understand they received quite a bit of apps recently so I am trying to be patient.
Update: I received the call from Paulette today... Approved. Moving on to Step 2.
Old 02-04-2011, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Update: I received the call from Paulette today... Approved. Moving on to Step 2.
Step 2 is LiveScan, i.e. background check, determines "good moral character". By "Approved" does it mean GC statement passed muster? In their procedure, the operative word is "Accepted" which qualifies an applicant to go to Step 2.
Old 02-04-2011, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSar View Post
Step 2 is LiveScan, i.e. background check, determines "good moral character". By "Approved" does it mean GC statement passed muster? In their procedure, the operative word is "Accepted" which qualifies an applicant to go to Step 2.

Hi Jim, Paulette used the word "Approved" over the phone and said that I can now proceed to Step 2. So yes, my GC statement passed muster. I left a message with the Livescan department so that I can make an appointment.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

Congrat's to all..
can some of you PM me with what your "Good Cause" statement was. Any info would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike