Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-11-2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsicle View Post
Thanks much Sparky, no record (not even a traffic violation!) so hopefully all goes smoothly. Glad to hear you got yours so quickly.

One last question - does the driver's license address also need to be a Santa Cruz address/match with my utility bill? Guessing the answer is yes but just wanted to check.
Yes they must match and be in the county.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2023, 2:52 PM

Can you give me the total cost for SC county? It appears to be 474 plus the 150 to the psych, plus approved training course.
Old 02-24-2023, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1savage99 View Post
Can you give me the total cost for SC county? It appears to be 474 plus the 150 to the psych, plus approved training course.
When I got mine in October it was $25 to the county. $125 livescan, $150 psych, $180 training.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2024, 6:35 AM

Hi All,
I am just starting the process now. For the initial application packet submission, do I submit all this (as per the SC Sheriff?s process)?:
1. Full-time resident of Santa Cruz County. Proof of residency to include the following:
a. California Driver?s License OR current active military ID and original state ID
b. County certified birth certificate or naturalization papers/certificate
c. Current utility bill in your name with service address (must be gas, water electric
or trash)
2. Complete Standard Application for License to Carry a Concealed Weapon (Cal DOJ form
BOF4012). Initial every page of the document.
3. Three signed letters of character reference from individuals other than relatives.
4. Proof of ownership and registration of each weapon to license for concealment.
5. Complete Pre-Background Interview Form
6. Complete Employment and Residence History Form
7. Check payable to the County of Santa Cruz in the amount of $94.97*
8. Complete Live Scan applicant fingerprinting for CCW application (DOJ fees paid by
applicant)

I see some of you do the Live Scan after being asked to. Can I do this before being asked?

Can I do the training before phase 2?

Is the training requirement now 16 hours , instead of 8 hours, as per new SB2 requirements?