Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Thumbs up Santa Clara

UPDATE (2015 Aug 02): Per below, Santa Clara County SO is taking & holding apps w/"self-defense" as Good Cause pending finalization of Peruta.

To find out the status of Peruta, monitor this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=893452

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.sccgov.org/sites/sheriff/Pages/ccw.aspx
Concealed Carry Permits (CCW)
Published on: 4/13/2015 8:07 AM

In November of 2014, a 9th Circuit panel denied the request of the California Attorney General and several other groups including the Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence to intervene in and appeal the panel’s decision in the Peruta case permitting individuals to request CCW permits without establishing a “good cause” basis for the permit. The panel’s denial of the motions to intervene has not yet changed the status of the law. The intervenors may appeal this decision to a larger panel of the 9th Circuit or the larger panel could on its own review the decision. Thus, the recent decision has not really changed anything until the 9th remands the matter to the District Court to issue the mandate confirming the Peruta decision until then everything will remain status quo and the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office (SCCSO) will continue to collect applications until the law is completely settled. There are also two other cases addressing the same issue that the 9th Circuit may consider on appeal. As you can see this issue is in flux and until the law is settled the SCCSO will be accepting your application. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Currently, we are accepting and processing applications. However, due to a large number of applications we have received, there is a tremendous backlog. Please be patient as we work our way through the backlog.

If you are interested in applying for a CCW permit, please complete the application below and submit it either via mail or in person to:

Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office
ATTN: CCW Unit
55 W Younger Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110

If you have any questions, please email CCW@sheriff.sccgov.org

Last edited by Paladin; 08-13-2015 at 8:08 AM.. Reason: fixed link, removed dead link, changed smilie to Thumbs Up (for SOs taking & holding apps pending Peruta final)
Old 10-19-2010, 7:05 AM

Is there a list of cities that have declared (G)? I am particularly interested in Santa Clara (home) and Palo Alto (work). The front desk at SCPD was unable to answer the question - though that was a couple of months ago.
Old 10-19-2010, 7:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxesOfLiberty View Post
Is there a list of cities that have declared (G)?
The best information that I have is no city in SCC has declared (G). But that's just a rumor and I have no proof to back it up.

Proud to belong to the NRA Members' Council of Santa Clara County

Disclaimer: All opinions are entirely my own.
Old 10-20-2010, 7:59 PM

It bothers me that the SO will disqualify people who have merely been arrested.

It also bothers me they are reviewing medical history as well.

What is declared (G)? I searched for it, but things in () don't search well I think.
Old 10-20-2010, 8:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwissick View Post

It also bothers me they are reviewing medical history as well.

What is declared (G)? I searched for it, but things in () don't search well I think.
It means that they have a MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the Sheriff to process all CCW applications.

CAL. PEN. CODE § 12050(g)
Quote:
(g)Nothing in this article shall preclude the chief or other head of a municipal police department of any city from entering an agreement with the sheriff of the county in which the city is located for the sheriff to process all applications for licenses, renewals of licenses, and amendments to licenses, pursuant to this article.

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin

Last edited by obeygiant; 10-20-2010 at 8:39 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 9:26 PM
Veteran Member

I'm looking forward to the list of accepted good cause statements for SC County. Is there anything I can do to help compile info?

What do the "right people" have to say about applying in Santa Clara County? Is it time to fill out paperwork or to eat a sandwich and take a nap?

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 10-20-2010, 9:30 PM

Campaign donation = Good cause in SCC.

“The more you train in peace, the less you bleed in war.” -Howard Wadsin
Old 10-20-2010, 9:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarter View Post
But I hear the "fee" is 5 digits, or is that a different county? I get so confused.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 10-21-2010, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarter View Post
About fifteen years ago, when I was a resident of Santa Clara County, I called the Sheriff's Office to ask about a CCW in total obliviousness.

I was transferred to a sergeant in Administration. He stated, in all apparent sincerity, that what I needed to do was to donate $5,000 to the sheriff's re-election campaign and then he would call me back after getting my name and phone number from them.

Note: this was to a random caller on the phone. One suspects that they may have wised up since then.
Old 10-21-2010, 4:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands1 View Post
What do the "right people" have to say about applying in Santa Clara County? Is it time to fill out paperwork or to eat a sandwich and take a nap?
I'm not among "the right people", nor do I play that part on TV, but my observation is that you might as well take that nap. Santa Clara County is going to be one of the tougher nuts to crack.

The caveat is that I've heard rumors about impending litigation against SCCSO that might move things along faster. But I've been waiting all year for those rumors to amount to something, and so far it's a big, fat nada. For this reason, I'm assuming that it will be at least 3 - 4 years before an average citizen can reasonably hope to obtain a CCW from the SCCSO.

Upshot: take the nap. If something changes, we'll wake you up.

Old 10-22-2010, 8:28 AM

This is probably a stupid question that's been asked and answered many times but...

My step mother has a place in Meyers, can I get an ID in El Dorado county and apply for a CCW there even though my primary residence in here?

I do spend a lot of time up there and there are bears and rattle snakes. If fact her place got broken into and torn apart by a bear last summer. Luckily no one was home at the time.

I might even be able to get a "job" on paper there if that helps.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

It all comes down to how the county defines "residency." I've heard (but have never confirmed) that some counties will issue you a CCW if you even so much as rent a place in the county. Other counties will send deputies to knock on your door, knock on your neighbor's door, etc, so as to determine whether you really live there.

What I would do is write to the El Dorado SO and ask them if they will issue CCWs to part time residents of the county, and what they require to show proof of residency. Most likely they won't issue to a part time resident, but it can't hurt to ask.

Old 10-23-2010, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgron View Post
Most likely they won't issue to a part time resident, but it can't hurt to ask.
Thank you.
Old 10-24-2010, 9:30 PM

It may be a while before SCC is cracked and allows CCW, but right now is a good time to hit them with the suits from an economic standpoint. They have a huge budget deficit and prolly cant finance a sustained or effective court fight.
Old 10-26-2010, 3:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It may be a while before SCC is cracked and allows CCW, but right now is a good time to hit them with the suits from an economic standpoint. They have a huge budget deficit and prolly cant finance a sustained or effective court fight.
You know, I sometimes wonder about this.

See, we normal people have to pay an attorney by the hour for his work. So whenever we need to do something in the legal system, it costs us a pretty penny.

But doesn't each county have its own full-time counsel? If so, then they're being paid a salary, and the additional cost for them to go through litigation amounts to the various court costs involved. They're paying their counsel regardless, so "financing" an extended court battle is essentially trivial, right?

On the other hand, if they lose the case then they have to pay the other side's costs, which will certainly be considerable, but as D.C. and Chicago have shown, the actual cost to them is essentially zip for a very extended period of time. I can't help but wonder, sometimes, if Gura, et al will wind up being paid at all...
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. You break your oath to uphold the Constitution if you don't refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 PM

I was at the SJPD 8 years ago (paying a parking ticket) and I decided to ask about getting a CCW, they took my name and I waited for 45min to have some jerko*f come up to me, ask me why I wanted one & tell me that I would be better off not applying because I would just get denied!! I was pissed and asked him why, he said that the only people who get CCW's in San Jose were ret. police, diamond couriers, etc..

I was like WTF!!!!!

I can't wait until the GC statements are posted, I'll be one of the first in line to apply!!!

I am not a single issue gun voter, if someone wanted to attack any portion of the Bill of Rights, I would be voting against them. Unfortunately the only RIGHT that seems to be under attack is the 2nd!

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
George Washington
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post

But doesn't each county have its own full-time counsel? If so, then they're being paid a salary, and the additional cost for them to go through litigation amounts to the various court costs involved. They're paying their counsel regardless, so "financing" an extended court battle is essentially trivial, right?
Sometimes a city/county government will hire outside law firms to handle certain lawsuits. As I recall, SF paid an outside law firm over a gun rights battle they had with the NRA a few years ago. (If memory serves, that was their fight over a handgun ban in the city. They lost on state preemption grounds.)

I'm not saying that SCC would hire an outside law firm in the event of a legal dispute over CCW issuance. But it is clearly within the realm of possibility that any given government entity will go to an outside firm, especially if they don't have the resources/expertise to successfully fight a particular lawsuit in-house.

I keep wishing that SCCSO and the various PDs in the bay area would look at the way the wind is blowing, and decide to be reasonable. But I guess I've been living here too long, because I really don't expect any of them to be reasonable. This is going to be an interesting fight when it gets to be SCC's turn. I wonder if the Mercury News will actually cover it, or if they'll bury it.

I am so looking forward to the coming entertainment.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

SC has an extensive legal department; however, I would highly suspect that any serious litigation would go to outside counsel.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-03-2010, 4:15 PM

Question Updates?

I'm curious how long it takes to update the sponsorship page? Right now the status spreadsheet (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...rships-to-date) lists 18 sponsors, but only 15 names (including two anonymous) appear on the county information page (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...31-santa-clara).
Old 11-03-2010, 10:59 PM

Just curious how we plan to get the 'good cause' data. As far as I can tell, that information doesn't exist any longer.

The NRA in 03 wrote and got AB 1044 signed into law which would destroy the AG's CCW database and the good cause data.....
Old 11-04-2010, 5:31 AM

My reading of the bill (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/03-04/...chaptered.html) leads me to believe that it only prevented the AG from collecting that information from the counties. It did not require the counties to dispose of the applications; they typically retain that information. Thus we have to go after each county's records.
Old 11-04-2010, 5:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Just curious how we plan to get the 'good cause' data. As far as I can tell, that information doesn't exist any longer.

The NRA in 03 wrote and got AB 1044 signed into law which would destroy the AG's CCW database and the good cause data.....
That was only at the state level with the AG's office. The good cause data is still at the sheriff's agencies, both denials and approved.

You're not telling something we already don't know.

-Gray
Old 11-07-2010, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobiloff View Post
I'm curious how long it takes to update the sponsorship page? Right now the status spreadsheet (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...rships-to-date) lists 18 sponsors, but only 15 names (including two anonymous) appear on the county information page (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...31-santa-clara).
Similar question, as I just paid for a sponsorship (2010/11/06) for Santa Clara, and the spreadsheet still claims only 18 sponsors.

I also can't seem to find out how to get my Santa Clara sig image either, but that's less important.
Old 11-22-2010, 6:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Team Billy Jack

Is the Calguns Foundation working with Team Billy Jack? I know he was gathering up the good cause statements last year for a possible lawsuit with the right candidate. I did not qualify for that position.
Old 11-22-2010, 8:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

There's no joint venture underway at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_22 View Post
Is the Calguns Foundation working with Team Billy Jack? I know he was gathering up the good cause statements last year for a possible lawsuit with the right candidate. I did not qualify for that position.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-22-2010, 1:55 PM

Santa Clara is not totally impossible. i know it is hard, but you really do need to 'come up' with REALLY good cause..which is not impossible. also it helps if you get to know some officers and they can really help you since it is really 'who you know' there, they will be the best ones to tell you who that is for you. seriously i would say to try and get to know as many of those people as you can and eventually you will be hopefully be helped. one thing, do not believe that 'nobody' gets ccw in Santa Clara because lots...LOTS of people have them. just add all the retired officers, all the politicians, all the people like Meg Whitman, her husband, stars, millionaires, etc...there are lots! Good luck
Old 11-22-2010, 3:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If one needs more good cause than "I'm alive, and I've not had my rights stripped due to felony, etc.", it's unconstitutional.

Hey, Sheriff Smith - I "know somebody", too!

Old 11-22-2010, 3:34 PM
Calguns Addict

The entire point of this initiative is to avoid getting chin drip when applying for a ccw. There should be no need to "come up" with some elaborate reason to carry or knowing the right people to execute a constitutionally protected right.
Old 11-22-2010, 9:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrisnet View Post
Similar question, as I just paid for a sponsorship (2010/11/06) for Santa Clara, and the spreadsheet still claims only 18 sponsors.

I also can't seem to find out how to get my Santa Clara sig image either, but that's less important.
Sent you a pm with the link to your custom signature.

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 11-27-2010, 11:33 AM

So when you are ready for some regular citizens with no criminal record to apply with "self defense" as our cause and be denied, please let us know...I for one would be happy to sign up.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Boy View Post
So when you are ready for some regular citizens with no criminal record to apply with "self defense" as our cause and be denied, please let us know...I for one would be happy to sign up.
Oh yeah, we'll send out an email. Did you volunteer and put in your zip code?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:30 PM

Hi Gray,

just sent you a PM with my details.
Old 11-28-2010, 1:28 AM
Calguns Addict

I'm sorry, all the smiley faces make it impossible to read your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cute2Shoot View Post
Santa Clara is not totally impossible. i know it is hard, but you really do need to 'come up' with REALLY good cause..which is not impossible. also it helps if you get to know some officers and they can really help you since it is really 'who you know' there, they will be the best ones to tell you who that is for you. seriously i would say to try and get to know as many of those people as you can and eventually you will be hopefully be helped. one thing, do not believe that 'nobody' gets ccw in Santa Clara because lots...LOTS of people have them. just add all the retired officers, all the politicians, all the people like Meg Whitman, her husband, stars, millionaires, etc...there are lots! Good luck
Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 AM

2Cute2Shoot, are you saying 49 civilian CCW's in a county of nearly 2 million people qualifies as "LOTS"? Or are you saying the numbers reported are wrong? http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...ng-goal-status

While I'm certain that with the right connections and profile (big bucks, donated the money to open the new library, golf buddies with the police chief, etc), you could get a CCW here, that isn't most people.
Old 11-30-2010, 2:52 PM

Quote:
/snip...
Is this in fact the case in Santa Clara County?

I was arrested for a non-violent offense in Yolo County >25 years ago. I was diverted, the charges dismissed, and supposedly expunged from my record. When asked, however, I have always acknowledged that I have been arrested. I actually owned a gun at the time and as the officers entered my house I informed them of this fact. They asked me to retrieve and unlock the case in which it was contained (under their close supervision of course), examined the gun, relocked the case and returned the key to me. The case and gun were sitting on my bed when I returned from my brief jail stay.

Will this arrest preclude me from getting a CCW in Santa Clara County?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
Oh yeah, we'll send out an email. Did you volunteer and put in your zip code?
Assuming the above would not preclude me from or make me a bad test case for CCW in Santa Clara County, how do I volunteer? Via email?
Old 11-30-2010, 8:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoGunner View Post
Is this in fact the case in Santa Clara County?

I was arrested for a non-violent offense in Yolo County >25 years ago. I was diverted, the charges dismissed, and supposedly expunged from my record. When asked, however, I have always acknowledged that I have been arrested. I actually owned a gun at the time and as the officers entered my house I informed them of this fact. They asked me to retrieve and unlock the case in which it was contained (under their close supervision of course), examined the gun, relocked the case and returned the key to me. The case and gun were sitting on my bed when I returned from my brief jail stay.

Will this arrest preclude me from getting a CCW in Santa Clara County?
See "Prohibiting Conditions" in Brandon's post below
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoGunner View Post
Assuming the above would not preclude me from or make me a bad test case for CCW in Santa Clara County, how do I volunteer? Via email?
You can sign up to volunteer here: www.calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
All,

Calguns Foundation is actively seeking volunteers from each and every California county who want to make a difference and are free of any prohibiting history; for a list prohibiting conditions, see the end of this post. It's important that we have coverage in each county - let's "get the word out" across the state.

Unfortunately, we can't share much about the nature of this request just yet... As Bill Wiese says, "CGF: when you absolutely, positively have to sue every mother****** in the room!".

If you are interested in working with CGF to advance gun rights in your area and across California, please let us know by signing up to volunteer at Calguns Foundation at www.calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer.

If for some reason you can't get involved directly as a volunteer, consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to CGF which will go straight to the front lines and support the numerous lawsuits and initiatives coming soon.

Don't forget to sign up at www.calgunsfoundation.org and follow @CalgunsFdn for all the latest news and 2A resources. Please do pass the word along to your friends, family and shooting buddies. CGF is coming to town armed and ready with the nation's preeminent 2A litigators and operations team... and we're coming soon.

Thank you for your support; we look forward to working closely with you to advance our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

-Brandon

Prohibiting Conditions

CALIFORNIA PROHIBITING CATEGORIES FOR A CCW LICENSE
As of January, 1999
• Persons convicted of a felony, or any offense enumerated in section 12021.1 of the Penal Code (PC).
• Persons addicted to the use of narcotics.
• Persons denied firearm possession as a condition of probation pursuant to PC section 12021(d).
• Persons convicted of a specified misdemeanor pursuant to PC section 12021(c)(1) are prohibited from purchasing
or possessing firearms for 10 years (see Attachment 2).
• Juveniles adjudged wards of the juvenile court because they committed a 707(b) Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC)
offense, an offense described in PC section 1203.073(b) or any offense enumerated in PC section 12021(c)(1) are
prohibited until they reach age 30.
• Persons who are subject to a protective order as defined in section 6218 of the Family Code, or a temporary restraining order or injunction issued pursuant to sections 527.6 or 527.8 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
• Persons found by a court to be a danger to others because of mental illness.
• Persons found by a court to be mentally incompetent to stand trial.
• Persons found by a court to be not guilty by reason of insanity.
• Persons adjudicated to be a mentally disordered sex offender.
• Persons placed on a conservatorship because they are gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder or impairment by chronic alcoholism
• Persons who communicate a threat to a licensed psychotherapist, against a reasonably identifiable victim, and the psychotherapist reports to law enforcement pursuant to WIC section 8100(b), are prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm for 6 months.
• Persons in a mental health facility certified pursuant to WIC sections 5250, 5260, and 5270.15 are prohibited from possessing or purchasing or attempting to purchase firearms for 5 years.
• Persons who are voluntary patients in a mental facility who are determined to be a danger to self or others are prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm between admission and discharge.
• Persons under indictment or information in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
CALIFORNIA PROHIBITING MISDEMEANORS
As of January, 1999

Pursuant to Penal Code (PC) section 12021(c)(1), any person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor violation for any of the following offenses is prohibited from owning, possessing, or having under his or her custody or
control any firearms within 10 years of the conviction:
• Threatening public officers, employees and school officials (PC section 71).
• Threatening certain public officials, appointees, judges, staff or their families with the intent and apparent ability
to carry out the threat (PC section 76).
• Possessing a deadly weapon with the intent to intimidate a witness (PC section 136.5).
• Threatening witnesses, victims, or informants (PC section 140).
• Attempting to remove or take a firearm from the person or immediate presence of a public or peace officer (PC section 148(d)).
• Unauthorized possession of a weapon in a courtroom, courthouse or court building, or at a public meeting (PC section 171(b)).
• Bringing into or possessing a loaded firearm within the state capitol, legislative offices, etc. (PC section 171c).
• Taking into or possessing loaded firearms within the Governor’s Mansion or residence of other constitutional officers, etc. (PC section 171(d)).
• Supplying, selling or giving possession of a firearm to a person for participation in criminal street gangs (PC section 186.28).
• Assault (PC sections 240, 241)
• Battery (PC sections 242, 243).
• Assault with a stun gun or Taber weapon (PC section 244.5)
• Assault with deadly weapon or force likely to produce great bodily injury (PC section 245).
• Assault with a deadly weapon or instrument, by any means likely to produce great bodily injury or with a stun gun or Taber on a school employee engaged in performance of duties (PC section 245.5).
• Shooting at an inhabited or occupied dwelling house, building, vehicle, aircraft, horsecart or camper (PC section 246).
• Discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner (PC section 246.3)
• Shooting at an unoccupied aircraft, motor vehicle, or uninhabited building or dwelling house (PC section 247)
• Inflicting corporal injury on a spouse or significant other (PC section 273.5)
• Willfully violating a domestic protective order (PC section 273.6).
• Drawing, exhibiting, or using any deadly weapon other than a firearm (PC sections 417(a)(1), 417(a)(2)).
• Brandishing a firearm in presence of a peace officer (PC section 417.1 – repealed by stats. 1998).
• Drawing or exhibiting, selling, manufacturing, or distributing firearm replicas or imitations (PC section 417.2).
• Inflicting serious bodily injury as a result of brandishing (PC section 417.6).
• Bringing into or possessing firearms upon or within public schools and grounds (PC section 626.9).
• Stalking (PC section 646.9).
• Armed criminal action (PC section 12023).
• Possessing a deadly weapon with intent to commit an assault (PC section 12024).
• Driver or any vehicle who knowingly permits another person to discharge a firearm from the vehicle or any
person who will fully and maliciously discharges a firearm from a motor vehicle (PC sections 12034(b), 12034(d)).
• Criminal possession of a firearm (PC section 12040).
• Firearms dealer who sells or transfers or gives possession of any firearm to a minor or a handgun to a person under the age of 21 (PC section 12072(b)).
• Various violations involving sales and transfers of firearms (PC section 12072(g)(3)).
• Person or corporation who sells any concealable firearm to any minor (PC section 12100(a) – repealed by stats. 1994).
• Unauthorized possession/transportation of a machine gun (PC section 12220).
• Possession of ammunition designed to penetrate metal or armor (PC section 12320).
• Carrying a concealed or loaded firearm or other deadly weapon or wearing a peace officer uniform, while picketing (PC section 12590).
• Bringing firearm related contraband into juvenile hall (WIC section 871.5).
• Bringing firearm related contraband into a youth authority institution (WIC section 1001.5).
• Purchase, possession, or receipt of a firearm or deadly weapon by a person receiving in-patient treatment for a mental disorder, or by a person who has communicated to a licensed psychotherapist a serious threat of physical
violence against an identifiable victim (WIC section 8100).
• Providing a firearm or deadly weapon to a person described in WIC sections 8100 or 8103 (WIC section 8101).
• Purchase, possession, or receipt of a firearm or deadly weapon by a person who has been adjudicated to be a mentally disordered sex offender or found to be mentally incompetent to stand trial, or not guilty by reason of insanity, and individuals placed under a conservatorship (WIC section 8103).
FEDERAL PROHIBITING CATEGORIES FOR POSSESSING FIREARMS
Gun Control Act of 1968, Title 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44
As of January, 1999

Pursuant to Section 922, any person listed below is prohibited from possessing, shipping, transporting, or receiving any firearm, who:
• Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
• Is a fugitive from justice.
• Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
• Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution.
• Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States.
• Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
• Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship.
• Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
• Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
• Is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
• Has an out-of-state prohibitive criminal history.
• Has a prior denial on a previous National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) inquiry.

Old 11-30-2010, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post
See "Prohibiting Conditions" in Brandon's post below

You can sign up to volunteer here: www.calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer
Thanks for the the response obeygiant.

I appear to be free of any of the "Prohibiting Conditions" so that's at least a good start. Next I need to spend some time carefully reading all the information here and then I'll likely be signing up to volunteer.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:14 PM

Is there anything we (as members, contributors, citizens) can do to get the ball rolling in Santa Clara County? Specifically for getting the GC statements? Is this already in progress?
x7
Old 12-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrisnet View Post
Is there anything we (as members, contributors, citizens) can do to get the ball rolling in Santa Clara County? Specifically for getting the GC statements? Is this already in progress?
Brandon is working at full capacity to get gc statements from all the counties. They will get worked on as they come in. Unless you know the sheriff and can convince her to release the information without getting sued and/or waiting on the outcome of the Ventura suit there isn't really much that can be done.
650-315-2210
http://CoyotePointArmory.com
Old 12-02-2010, 4:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Fully support what we're doing here. Please let me know what is required to make this successful.