Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-01-2016, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarmuscle View Post
1st call December 3rd
1st interview December 7th
Permit letter approval December 11th
2nd interview/live scan December 15th
Class in a few weeks.
Update my wife received her ccw yesterday. I did my livescan a week later than her. So mine should be coming soon
Old 04-02-2016, 12:46 AM
Veteran Member

My Fresno PD CCW is going to expire again this May. Does anyone know if I have to pay extra if I add and remove guns at time of renewal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2016, 8:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNTJeff View Post
How long do I have to wait after moving to Fresno before applying for a ccw?
I am unaware of any set timeframe.

FYI I had the day off an wanted to add a couple guns to my permit. I decided I would get some lunch then go to the jail. Well I strolled in at about 12:30....they close at 12....lesson learned.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:24 PM

My Permit with FPD expires in August how early do I start the process? Any other input on renewals?
Old 04-04-2016, 8:50 AM

Man, looking at some of the timeframes for some of you. I don't think I'll get mines until June. Did my live scan Feb 7th. Called to check the status on it and both the DOJ/FBI check is still in process.
Old 04-05-2016, 3:53 PM

FYI ... I know someone who just called the SO today for their first interview .... they are no out till December 15th.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:18 AM

Fresno PD renewal times are fast
I called a month ahead of my expiration date and Ed had me come down to fill out the paper work
I had my renewal in 3 days
There is no additional fee to add/subtract guns beyond the standard renewal fee, but there is the added bonus i didn't know about at the time.
They are now able to fit 4 guns on the permit
Old 04-11-2016, 10:12 PM

Timeline:
Call for First Interview: Dec. 14th, 2015
First Interview: Dec. 16th
CCW Course: Dec. 19th
Approval Letter: Jan. 4th, 2016
Second Interview: Jan. 6th
LiveScan: Jan. 15th
Results/Permit pick up: Still waiting

Ray at the FPD was nice enough to send me an email on March 24th saying my FBI clearance came back and that my DOJ should be following soon. He added that they expected to send my permit for the Chief's signature either the last week of March or first week of April. Should be any day now, right???

I am getting anxious! I really hope I get it before I travel down to San Diego in a week!

BTW. I don't know who's gone through the PD or the SO, but Ed and Ray are awesome. I was in and out of both my appointments in under ten minutes; they were very helpful when it came to filling out the application, and getting me through the process as quickly as possible. I've heard good things about the SO, too. It's nice to know, that, despite living in California, there are people like Sheriff Mims and Chief Dyer who still believe in and support our Second Amendment right.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scardinals8 View Post
Timeline:
Results/Permit pick up: Still waiting

Ray at the FPD was nice enough to send me an email on March 24th saying my FBI clearance came back and that my DOJ should be following soon. He added that they expected to send my permit for the Chief's signature either the last week of March or first week of April. Should be any day now, right???

I am getting anxious! I really hope I get it before I travel down to San Diego in a week!

BTW. I don't know who's gone through the PD or the SO, but Ed and Ray are awesome. I was in and out of both my appointments in under ten minutes; they were very helpful when it came to filling out the application, and getting me through the process as quickly as possible. I've heard good things about the SO, too. It's nice to know, that, despite living in California, there are people like Sheriff Mims and Chief Dyer who still believe in and support our Second Amendment right.
Dang, that means I have another month or two to wait. I did my live scan in early Feb.

I did my class after the second interview, so I didn't have my certificate in hand. I wonder if I should call Ray and just fax over my certificate to him. So when my results come in, all I would have to do is go and pick up the permit.
Old 04-12-2016, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo3049 View Post
Dang, that means I have another month or two to wait. I did my live scan in early Feb.

I did my class after the second interview, so I didn't have my certificate in hand. I wonder if I should call Ray and just fax over my certificate to him. So when my results come in, all I would have to do is go and pick up the permit.
My wife went through PD (hasn't received it yet) but I know she just scanned the certificate and emailed it to them.
Old 04-13-2016, 1:06 PM

PD is alwasy faster .... I chose SO due to I may move to Clovis and then I would have to do it all over with the SO any if I did FPD.

Plus FPD does a little neighbor visits that I do not like among a few other things different.

But either option is a good option .... and if you in Fresno for good and dont mine the extra steps they take then it's a good way to go.
Old 04-13-2016, 2:25 PM

The neighbor visit is no biggie, unless your neighbors hate you
when i was going through the process, my neighbor came over and told me someone from FPD knocked on their door and asked if i lived where i said i did.
when the neighbor asked why, the detective said it's for a security clearance.
no mention of CCW to the neighbor
Old 04-13-2016, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneybin View Post
The neighbor visit is no biggie, unless your neighbors hate you
when i was going through the process, my neighbor came over and told me someone from FPD knocked on their door and asked if i lived where i said i did.
when the neighbor asked why, the detective said it's for a security clearance.
no mention of CCW to the neighbor
Ya that alone creates concern for your neighbors that do not know you very well etc.

I have Zero problems with any of my neighbors but if someone came to the guys house 2 houses down and asked him, his wife or his mother that lives there about me and said they are asking due to security clearance etc. they wouldn't have a clue and think I'm some crazy person or something.

I knew they didn't say it was a for gun permit or the real reason why ... but if they do not know you well it creates concern and could potentially be an issue in itself somehow.

I get the reason for neighbor visits but do not agree with it at all and the main reason I refuse to go through city. Plus I should not have to say I am carrying to every officer I make contact with for any reason ... more often then not I will but no reason I should have to for basically any reason.
Old 04-13-2016, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
PD is alwasy faster .... I chose SO due to I may move to Clovis and then I would have to do it all over with the SO any if I did FPD.

Plus FPD does a little neighbor visits that I do not like among a few other things different.

But either option is a good option .... and if you in Fresno for good and dont mine the extra steps they take then it's a good way to go.
From what I have been told, as long as you continue to live in Fresno county your permit will remain valid, I asked about renewals but wasn't given a definitive answer yet. The extra steps don't seem so bad knowing your first interview is significantly later with county. I think both agencies are good options. But with 1st interviews for the SO being offered in December. You should have your permit through Fresno PD before the end of summer.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2016, 9:43 PM

Quote:
From what I have been told, as long as you continue to live in Fresno county your permit will remain valid
I'm almost positive that is not correct. A FPD CCW Permit is for a Fresno City resident only ... If yo move to say Clovis you will then have to now go though the Sheriffs office to get a permit that is now valid for your residence.

Fresno County is good no matter where you live as long as it's in Fresno county ... a Fresno City permit is only good if you reside in Fresno city limits.

It's basically the same as any county or city ... if you move then your permit is no longer valid and you need to register for a new permit in that city or county you moved to ... same goes with Fresno ... if you permit if Fresno and you move to Clovis ... Your permit is no longer valid.

That was my main reason along with the other stuff I explained as well ... but for me the wait for my first interview was not long at all back in early 2015 .... if you need it sooner then later and you live in Fresno and will stay in Fresno for sure then the PD is a perfect option for you.

Hell both are perfect options ... just get your permit no matter how you get it .... we need more Good Guys on the street carrying then we ever have before.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I'm almost positive that is not correct. A FPD CCW Permit is for a Fresno City resident only ... If yo move to say Clovis you will then have to now go though the Sheriffs office to get a permit that is now valid for your residence.

Fresno County is good no matter where you live as long as it's in Fresno county ... a Fresno City permit is only good if you reside in Fresno city limits.

It's basically the same as any county or city ... if you move then your permit is no longer valid and you need to register for a new permit in that city or county you moved to ... same goes with Fresno ... if you permit if Fresno and you move to Clovis ... Your permit is no longer valid.

That was my main reason along with the other stuff I explained as well ... but for me the wait for my first interview was not long at all back in early 2015 .... if you need it sooner then later and you live in Fresno and will stay in Fresno for sure then the PD is a perfect option for you.

Hell both are perfect options ... just get your permit no matter how you get it .... we need more Good Guys on the street carrying then we ever have before.

Sorry I called Fresno PD and asked this question, as long as you remain a resident in the county, your permit will remain valid until it expires. They are also getting an answer on renewals. I was told since the county sheriff issues permits and can grant a city PD the authority to issue permits a resident has to reside in the Incorporated city to apply with that city's police department. My suggestion to considering applying is, ask a lot of questions, and get your permit ASAP. The last thing you want to do is to be in a situation where you have to defend you or a love one's life and be out armed. With the intention of someday moving to a different city. I am not saying Fresno PD is better. But we can all agree that they are faster at this time. And we can all agree that our family and our safety is worth the extra work or hassle
Old 04-14-2016, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Sorry I called Fresno PD and asked this question, as long as you remain a resident in the county, your permit will remain valid until it expires.
Ahhhh ... you mean your current city permit is good till it expires even if you have moved out of the city of Fresno but are still in Fresno county?

Gotcha!

That makes sense for sure and though I may have wondered about that myself I still would have probably thought your permit expired once you no longer reside in the city limits.

Great info ... I learn something here and that info will help some people for sure.

Ya I agree ... Just Get A Permit!!!!!!!

Thanks for that info and taking the time to confirm that.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:44 AM

Next available second interview is late January 2017. holy molly
Old 04-16-2016, 11:05 AM

What's exact steps for renewal?
Old 04-19-2016, 6:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballergb View Post
My wife went through PD (hasn't received it yet) but I know she just scanned the certificate and emailed it to them.
By chance, would you happen to have their email? Ray gave me a card, but I misplaced it. If not, I could always call them. Just trying to keep their phone lines free. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2016, 6:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo3049 View Post
By chance, would you happen to have their email? Ray gave me a card, but I misplaced it. If not, I could always call them. Just trying to keep their phone lines free. Thanks!
Ray.sandoval@fresno.gov
Old 04-20-2016, 7:23 PM

Application Denied!!!!!!!

I was contacted by Fresno PD on Thursday April 14th that I was denied by the DOJ. When I was talking to the Officer I was wondering how in the world did I get denied???? Last year I was working in Tracy during the application process. I had to work a weekend shift and so i wasnt going to be home for 11 days. So I decided to get my fingerprinting done at a UPS(pack n ship) in Tracy. Apparently when my livescan was submitted, the girl who was processing it, clicked on the "employment ccw" instead of a standard ccw . For an employment ccw you need to go through the county sheriffs office. And since I applied through Fresno PD my application could not be processed. I contacted the DOJ and was told to submit a new live scan. I am currently working on another project in Tracy. I went back to the Pac-n-ship I initially applied at. I explained what happened, and a different lady could not understand how the mistake was made. And in a round about way tried to convince me that it was somehow my fault. I asked her if they have a copy of my application that I submitted in December. She found it and the application read "standard ccw". Even reading the original herself she still didn't understand how a mistake was made. I decided to submit my new livescan with the same pac-n-ship. I watched the new lady enter my information. And when she got to the application type, she went to a drop down box and she highlighted the standard ccw and when she clicked on the mouse, the computer selected the application type above the standard ccw which was Employment CCW!!!! I could not believe it. I let her know that this mistake could of cost me another 4 months. I called the DOJ today and they pulled up my new ATI number and told me that Fresno PD will get a response next week. Luckily I don't have to wait another 4 months. Moral of the story when you do submit your livescan double check everything before it is sent off.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2016, 9:01 PM

Or the other moral of the story ... don't get fingerprinted at a "Pack-N-Ship" !!!

Old 04-20-2016, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Or the other moral of the story ... don't get fingerprinted at a "Pack-N-Ship" !!!
Lol, you got that right. I got my fingerprinted a week before my wife and she got her ccw 3 weeks ago

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2016, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballergb View Post
Thank you. I appreciate it!
Old 05-02-2016, 7:01 PM

Default New Fresno CCW Holder

Plus one to the number of Fresno Co. CCW holders!

Here is my final timeline:
FBI Results: March 25th
DOJ Results: April 18th
CCW Pick up: April 25th

Start to finish: About 19 weeks.

That wait sucks, but it was worth it; I am so grateful to live in a county that recognizes our Second Amendment right.
Old 05-02-2016, 7:22 PM

Congrats! What will you be carrying ?
Old 05-05-2016, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebass View Post
Congrats! What will you be carrying ?
I have a Glock 26; I love it for concealed carry.
Old 05-05-2016, 1:59 PM

Good choice! I usually carry an M&P 9c but recently came across a Shield 9 for a smokin' deal !
Old 05-06-2016, 8:46 AM

Default Fresno *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Called for my initial interview. Ugh December!

Last edited by Citation650; 05-06-2016 at 9:29 AM.. Reason: update
Old 05-24-2016, 8:05 PM

Quote:
1st call December 3rd
1st interview December 7th
Permit letter approval December 11th
2nd interview/live scan December 15th
Class in a few weeks.
Yesterday I received my Permit. 😀 My wife received hers last month. I had a few problems with my live scan, but Fresno PD helped out tremendously, and communication was very good. Even the DOJ helped out in correcting the issue. California may be a may issue state, but the people I worked with seemed to be very pro carry.
Old 05-24-2016, 8:10 PM

Congratulations!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:09 PM

Fresno County is very Pro Carry and 2A

Congrats ... be safe!
Old 05-25-2016, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Yesterday I received my Permit. 😀 My wife received hers last month. I had a few problems with my live scan, but Fresno PD helped out tremendously, and communication was very good. Even the DOJ helped out in correcting the issue. California may be a may issue state, but the people I worked with seemed to be very pro carry.
Congratulations and carry safe.
Old 06-09-2016, 8:43 PM

Default Watch "Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims Explains CCW Court Ruling" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/2yk12KQVRhI
Old 06-09-2016, 8:49 PM
Veteran Member

Hard to believe this is a Sheriff in this state.

“When you're taking flak you know you're over the target”

Old 06-10-2016, 4:29 AM

Good that we have a Sheriff that gets it ... Go Margret Mims....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yk12KQVRhI

Member PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
Old 06-10-2016, 7:20 AM

Wait, Did I hear that right? At the 3:40 min mark of the video, she says "San Francisco City County" has a local ordinance which prohibits lawful concealed carrying of a firearm for anyone who's not an on-duty LEO. Can anyone shed some light on this? I tried googling the ordinance but I can't find anything other than ammo restrictions. If anyone has a link to the ordinance in question it'd be much appreciated.
Old 06-10-2016, 2:20 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Whole thread here...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1206983
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 06-10-2016, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Much appreciated! Thank you!