Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 PM

ok that last $50 was bugging me... In for another $100! Shopping cart ID 6S119939CR329811H

Way to go CO CO County! Wish we had that little green line ALL the way through in our County listing... Ive emailed two gun stores, anyone care to email/contact some others??
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.

Last edited by BusBoy; 11-21-2010 at 11:00 PM..
Old 11-23-2010, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Voodoo View Post
Any luck, Jon?

Thought Contra Costa could use another bump for a call to action, as well.
Sadly not. I repentantly submit that I was unable to fulfill either commitment, as I had to work all weekend, and the next weekend... and all my free time up till tonight. One of my two coworkers quit while the other was on vacation, leaving me to take care of all the blinking lights for my company during a period in which we launched major new products, and had several things explode. It's been an adventure.

I will attempt to catch up on this over my Thanksgiving vacation (which began today at 5) - wish me luck!

Also, I hear Bullseye in San Rafael is doing a huge sale Friday. If anyone wants to reach out to a large chunk of gunnies who may not know that we're here, that could be a place to try out. I'm about an hour away, on a good day, so I'm afraid to try it on Black Friday.

Jon
Old 11-23-2010, 6:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent View Post

Also, I hear Bullseye in San Rafael is doing a huge sale Friday. If anyone wants to reach out to a large chunk of gunnies who may not know that we're here, that could be a place to try out. I'm about an hour away, on a good day, so I'm afraid to try it on Black Friday.

Jon
I thought their still getting their FFL all figured out?

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 11-23-2010, 9:08 PM

Not to derail, but...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by safewaysecurity View Post
I thought their still getting their FFL all figured out?
I sure hope not, since I bought my Glock 26 from there, and my buddy got his Saiga 12 - both a good year or so back.

I'm referring to these folks, if there's a mix-up: http://www.bullseyerange.com/

Decent folks, prices go from outrageously good on some things (like aforementioned S-12 when it was on sale) to CA-normal. Accessories are kinda high, but I can't really blame them, since I understand the guns aren't the big money maker at a gun store.
Old 11-23-2010, 9:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Nothing in the mail from Contra Costa County just yet, but we do have some cities in CoCo coming back with data.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-23-2010, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Nothing in the mail from Contra Costa County just yet, but we do have some cities in CoCo coming back with data.
Brilliant! The progress is definitely appreciated!

If it's mentionable - any word from Concord/Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek?
Old 11-23-2010, 9:49 PM
In Memoriam

Keep the donations coming CoCo. How close are we to the target amount needed for action? -g
Old 11-24-2010, 7:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man WC View Post
Keep the donations coming CoCo. How close are we to the target amount needed for action? -g
Im thinking that the amount of donations isn't really reflective of whether or not action is going to be taken.

My take is that they have their plan of "easy picking" departments that are folding as we speak to their illegal ways... Once those are in order it will be harder for the troublesome counties to thumb their noses at the laws. Those that do?? I droll at the thought of the forum and court updates on that!! lol
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 11-24-2010, 7:47 AM

Quote:

Being from Concord Id love to see those!
Old 11-24-2010, 7:55 AM

Looking for updates re gun shops... Which have already been contacted?
Old 11-24-2010, 8:19 AM

I emailed Antioch Armory and was going to drop some flyers over at City Arms.
Old 11-24-2010, 8:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by osokne View Post
Looking for updates re gun shops... Which have already been contacted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusBoy View Post
I emailed Antioch Armory and was going to drop some flyers over at City Arms.
Thank you!

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 11-24-2010, 9:01 AM

That's 2 of the 5 (I think it's 5) gun shops in the county. I'll wait a bit and see if there are others that have been contacted. I'm on good terms with the guys at DVGW and might be able to talk to them, unless someone did already. (If someone did, please post here them PM me, thanks).

Unfortunately, that's all I can really contribute, at this point in time.
Old 11-24-2010, 9:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
That's 2 of the 5 (I think it's 5) gun shops in the county. I'll wait a bit and see if there are others that have been contacted. I'm on good terms with the guys at DVGW and might be able to talk to them, unless someone did already. (If someone did, please post here them PM me, thanks).

Do not trivialize your efforts as it takes time and effort to deviate from the daily responsibilities of work and family. It is most appreciated, thank you.

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 11-24-2010, 4:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Those would be nice. Walnut Creek especially =)

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
^
Old 11-24-2010, 5:49 PM
Very Nice Honey Badger
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Opps, I did it again...I put us over (for the record, last one was done on like Nov 20th)

(and don't forget about Martinez!)

DO NOT Use Amazon Smile! Use Shop42A.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
I guess it depends on what your definition of law breaking is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Here, let me Google that for you ... :)

No, no, that would be cruel.

Last edited by chiselchst; 11-24-2010 at 8:34 PM..
Old 11-26-2010, 8:36 PM

Quote:

I text a friend who hangs out there or works there not sure which... but hhe said hed talk to the owners. I directed him to counties website for more info on vendor sponsorship.

waiting to hear back from him... I'll ping him Saturday again.
Old 11-26-2010, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusBoy View Post
I text a friend who hangs out there or works there not sure which... but hhe said hed talk to the owners. I directed him to counties website for more info on vendor sponsorship.

waiting to hear back from him... I'll ping him Saturday again.
Got a bit crazy down there, today. Didn't get a chance to talk about it. I ended up pitching in and helping out, as there was a bit of an understaff issue, due to illness.
Old 12-08-2010, 9:45 AM

TTT
Old 12-13-2010, 12:55 PM

Default My Christmas Wish....

hmmmm lets see...

Wildhawker Santa... please let there be good cause statements for Christmas!!

Kidding... I know COCO County is gonna be a bizatch but just trying to keep our little slice of heaven alive!!

regarding another point... has ANYONE heard from their contacts with COCO Gun VENDORS??!! I mean sheesh these guys are going to $$$ in when CCW's become Shall issue...

Time to email and txt message people again to join the fight!!
Old 12-13-2010, 1:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We should be able to post Contra Costa before the end of the coming weekend.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-13-2010, 2:10 PM

Quote:
We should be able to post Contra Costa before the end of the coming weekend.
Note to Santa... YOUR FIRED!! lol!!

Heck man if I knew Xmas wishes were being granted like that Id have asked for... hmmmm I'll get back to you on that!! hahaha

Brandon you rock! plain and simple! (and anyone else helping in the effort here)
Old 12-21-2010, 9:31 AM

Old 12-21-2010, 1:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We had a few other worthy "projects" shift some of the volunteer time off redaction and onto analysis. Regularly scheduled programming should resume soon.

Old 12-21-2010, 1:48 PM

Quote:
We had a few other worthy "projects" shift some of the volunteer time off redaction and onto analysis. Regularly scheduled programming should resume soon.
Old 12-21-2010, 6:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomtools View Post
Probably not, it seems like Livingston was Rupf's hand-picked successor. He never responded to questions about his stance on CCW. He did respond somewhat enthusiastically to a request for info about joining the "Sherrif's Posse".

I can't wait until it's Co. Co.'s turn to get sued!
Livingston takes office on 3 January 2011 -- less than 2 weeks.
Old 12-27-2010, 3:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Livingston takes office on 3 January 2011 -- less than 2 weeks.
Is he good? Is he anti 2A? I couldn't seem to find any info on him. I was going to wait and call the Sheriff's office when he takes office. Is he at least better than the current Sheriff? I don't think i could possibly get worse.

Quote:
^
Old 12-27-2010, 7:55 AM

Well, him being anointed by Rupf... I wont hold my breath. Then again the "Two Weeks" motto seems to fit him well. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But, hopefully it wont matter as our fearless "Team Sunshine" has a waiting army with pen and CCW applications in hand waiting to be unleashed!!
Old 12-31-2010, 9:55 PM

Default Re: Contra Costa

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2011, 7:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyid1 View Post

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
That's very impressive!
Old 01-05-2011, 8:38 AM

Y'all want help redacting? I'm a pretty good shot with a black marker and have a horrible memory.
Old 01-05-2011, 9:05 AM

Quote:
Y'all want help redacting? I'm a pretty good shot with a black marker and have a horrible memory.
Ditto. I'll help however is needed... anything to get closer to getting that magical ***ITS TIME TO APPLY*** next to our forum title.
Old 01-05-2011, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Seriously, I don't work and have nothing to do all day.
Old 01-07-2011, 9:55 AM
Veteran Member

Default Pleasant Hill

I live in pleasant hill and I'm thinking of applying. Is PH an Incorporated City?or should i apply directly to the sheriffs office?
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
"What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 01-07-2011, 11:25 AM

You might want to wait and apply at the same time as the rest of us-- when this name of this thread becomes "Contra Cost-- **TIME TO APPLY**". At that time, too, there will be accepted good cause statements available to help us write our own.

Either way though, it's my understanding that you will want to apply to the Sheriff's Office and not the PD. The PD can always kick you over to the Sheriff, wasting your time and possibly money. The Sheriff is at least required to take your application and give you an answer.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

Last time (8 years ago?) the answer the sheriff gave me was "You have to apply to the PD first."
Old 01-07-2011, 9:52 PM
Calguns Addict

So anyone give a call to the new Sheriff about CCW policy? Any news since he's been sworn in?

Quote:
^
Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safewaysecurity View Post
So anyone give a call to the new Sheriff about CCW policy? Any news since he's been sworn in?
When someone asked he he just gave a generic response like " I support the 2nd ammendment and the rights of citizens to own firearms."

I would like to know more about the guy who replaced him as cheif of police. He is from San Diego and thats all I know about him right now.

If he was open to issuing CCW would it be better to wait and have everyone apply directly to the Sherrif when the time is right?
Old 01-10-2011, 9:35 AM

Right on SnowPlow! Another CC donor! You can still process a CC transaction through PP but I'm guessing you dont use them because of their anti stance?? Its expedient for the legal team and thats why they are using PP from what I've read.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 AM

My home town here is getting bad... sheeesh. I live two blocks from this park. Heres to hoping that Contra Costa will be in the cross hairs soon. Good Cause update Wildhawker?

Concord Woman Robbed and Stabbed...

Last edited by BusBoy; 01-10-2011 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: learning how to spell still...