Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs up Humboldt

If the CCW license is desired for self-protection, the protection of others, or for the protection of large sums of money or valuable property, you are required to explain and provide good cause for issuance of the license. For example, has your life or property been threatened or jeopardized? Explain incidents and include dates, times, locations, and names of police agencies to which these incidents were reported.

The Sheriff requires at least one paragraph detailing your desire for a concealed weapon license. This requirement is for New Applicants and Renewal Applicants.

http://www.humboldtgov.org/342/Concealed-Weapons-Permit

So, GC sounds doable for most law-abiding folks living there (e.g., use regular hiking where there's no cellphone coverage, or extended LE response times), but I wished the sheriff would just follow Sac, San Joaquin, Merced, Monterey, Fresno, Ventura and many others in accepting "self-defense" as sufficient GC. State law does NOT require them to require more.

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin

Last edited by Paladin; 09-29-2015 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: update OP
Old 10-24-2010, 12:41 PM

HC issues liberally for a 60% Dem. area thankfully. However they make you take the training class before they approve the application and limit licenses to only three pistols (making you qualify on each one). I don't believe there is any statutory authority for those rules.
Old 10-24-2010, 1:02 PM

http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...rships-to-date

CGF has a HUMBOLDT CO. initial sponsorship goal of only 2 individual sponsors. Who will join me in sponsoring HC (only a $100 each) to meet 100% of our initial goal?

PM and we'll make it happen!

And if only six individuals will join me we can reach our County's $$$ goal!

Last edited by 3B830; 10-24-2010 at 1:12 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 6:55 PM

Bump! There must be one other HC CGer who can cough up a sponsorship. If you want to be anonymous just pm me the $$$ confirmation number and I'll hold your ID in confidence (I realize it's a small county with little anonymity). I'll then post mine. Who will rally to the CGF standard?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:35 AM

Default Humboldt County CCW range qualification

I'm going to apply for my CCW permit in Humboldt County in the next couple weeks and I read on the CalGuns page that this is the official thread for Humboldt CCW.

Does anyone know what the range qualification is in Humboldt? In Knight's excellent thread, he said it was 40 out of 50 shots in the scored zone at 45 feet. When I registered for a course the other day, the employee said it was 45 out of 50 shots at 35 feet, but he's not the instructor so I'm not sure he knows all the info.

I just want to know the requirements so I can get plenty of practice, especially with my tiny Kel-tec P-3AT.
Old 11-18-2011, 7:21 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimsm View Post
I'm going to apply for my CCW permit in Humboldt County in the next couple weeks and I read on the CalGuns page that this is the official thread for Humboldt CCW.

Does anyone know what the range qualification is in Humboldt? In Knight's excellent thread, he said it was 40 out of 50 shots in the scored zone at 45 feet. When I registered for a course the other day, the employee said it was 45 out of 50 shots at 35 feet, but he's not the instructor so I'm not sure he knows all the info.

I just want to know the requirements so I can get plenty of practice, especially with my tiny Kel-tec P-3AT.
12 yards only 3 allowed outside.
Old 08-29-2012, 9:28 PM

Has no one noted what constitutes a "good cause" statement for Humboldt?

I'm trying to convince myself to apply but simple "self defense" statements almost never work it appears. :/

There's no new information and the county map linked to has almost no information for this particular county.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:15 PM

This county is fairly, imo, ltc friendly. Spend a little time on a good cause statement and you should be fine. I filled up the page, but not sure if that was necessary or even helped.
Old 09-03-2012, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
This county is fairly, imo, ltc friendly. Spend a little time on a good cause statement and you should be fine. I filled up the page, but not sure if that was necessary or even helped.
Agreed. Think it through, but no need to be elaborate. It's not always fast depending on when the application goes in, but they are fair.
Old 10-16-2012, 3:04 PM

Quote:

40 out of 50 was correct but now it is 80 out of 100! The distance depends on your barrel length. Over 4 inches is 45 feet, 4 inch is 35 ft.
Old 06-24-2014, 6:49 PM

I have successfully acquired my CCW in Humboldt County here.
-Took my range qualification from Daryl @ Pacific Outfitters Jan 2014.
-Procrastinated until mid April 2014 and delivered my range qualification certificate I got from Daryl's course along with completed CCW packet I printed from Hum Co Sheriffs website to Humboldt County Sheriffs office at the Humboldt County Court House.
-About a week later received message from Hum Co Sheriff Dept to schedule CCW interview appointment with them. Called them back a week later and performed CCW interview/fingerprint appointment in late, late April 2014.
-20 June 2014 received approval letter that investigation was good to go and to pick up license from Hum Co Sheriffs office.
-24 June 2014 walked into Hum Co Sheriff Dept during lunch and picked up license.

So if I did not procrastinate throughout the process on my part, the Sheriff's/DOJ's portion of the process was slightly less than 2 months for me.
Old 06-27-2014, 2:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSteveGT View Post
-20 June 2014 received approval letter that investigation was good to go and to pick up license from Hum Co Sheriffs office.
-24 June 2014 walked into Hum Co Sheriff Dept during lunch and picked up license.

So if I did not procrastinate throughout the process on my part, the Sheriff's/DOJ's portion of the process was slightly less than 2 months for me.
Congrats!
Old 11-12-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
In Knight's excellent thread, he said it was 40 out of 50 shots in the scored zone at 45 feet.
Hey, I know that guy!

I have renewed my CCW a few times since that topic was posted back in '07, and I've changed my good cause statement since as well. For what it's worth, I most recently used the "Backpacking outdoors in remote areas and carry for self-defense against humans/animals" statement and it was approved for renewal.
Old 01-30-2015, 9:00 AM

I started the process for my CCW in Humboldt County at the end of September 2014 and just picked up my permit yesterday January 29th. I could have moved it along a little faster but I waited a bit while I purchased a second handgun to add to the card. Just happy to live in a county that supports my 2nd amendment rights!
Old 02-05-2015, 9:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSteveGT View Post
-Took my range qualification from Daryl @ Pacific Outfitters Jan 2014.
-Procrastinated until mid April 2014 and delivered my range qualification certificate I got from Daryl's course along with completed CCW packet I printed from Hum Co Sheriffs website to Humboldt County Sheriffs office at the Humboldt County Court House.
-About a week later received message from Hum Co Sheriff Dept to schedule CCW interview appointment with them. Called them back a week later and performed CCW interview/fingerprint appointment in late, late April 2014.

Forgot to ask earlier: can you paraphrase what was your GC statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcoastpaddler View Post
I started the process for my CCW in Humboldt County at the end of September 2014 and just picked up my permit yesterday January 29th. I could have moved it along a little faster but I waited a bit while I purchased a second handgun to add to the card. Just happy to live in a county that supports my 2nd amendment rights!
(emphasis added)

Same Q for you: Did the sheriff require more than "self-defense" as a GC statement? If so, don't be so happy to live in Humboldt Co: Sacto, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced, Fresno, Ventura, and Orange counties' sheriffs ALL accept mere SD as GC for issuing a CCW....

I was looking at the sheriff's CCW webpage (http://www.humboldtgov.org/342/Concealed-Weapons-Permit), and it looks like he does NOT accept mere SD as sufficient GC (see quote below):

Quote:
Important Instructions

DO NOT SIGN OR DATE THE APPLICATION. Complete and read pages 1 through 5. Use additional pages if more space is required.
DO NOT SIGN OR DATE THE APPLICATION. Read pages 6, 7, and 8.
Complete pages 9 & 10 titled "Investigator's Interview Notes."
*Page 10 - Details of reason for applicant desiring a CCW License
Read pages 11 through 13.

* If the CCW license is desired for self-protection, the protection of others, or for the protection of large sums of money or valuable property, you are required to explain and provide good cause for issuance of the license. For example, has your life or property been threatened or jeopardized? Explain incidents and include dates, times, locations, and names of police agencies to which these incidents were reported.

The Sheriff requires at least one paragraph detailing your desire for a concealed weapon license. This requirement is for New Applicants and Renewal Applicants.
(emphasis added)

Last edited by Paladin; 02-05-2015 at 10:59 PM..
Old 02-11-2015, 9:07 AM

Basically they want your "self defense" statement in a short paragraph form. My permit says "reason for permit: personal" My statement in a nut shell was that I spend my free time doing outdoor activities and I would like to legally carry for self defense if a situation were to arise.
Old 02-11-2015, 9:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcoastpaddler View Post
Basically they want your "self defense" statement in a short paragraph form. My permit says "reason for permit: personal" My statement in a nut shell was that I spend my free time doing outdoor activities and I would like to legally carry for self defense if a situation were to arise.
Thx. That's like Solano and some other counties where the sheriffs are too timid to accept "mere" self-defense as sufficient GC. Oh well, at least they are readily issuing, unlike most major urban sheriffs.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:08 AM

I have had my permit through Humboldt county for coming up on 6 years. After taking a bit longer than expected I renewed earlier than needed this year but turns out that was not necessary. I submitted my completed application and all other necessary papers on August 27th and got the letter with the approval to come pick up the permit on September 15th. I have been going to the indoor range in Eureka called Old West Shootery, I am over an hour away but I enjoy checking in with Kevin, the owner I believe, and usualy make a point to stop in when in town to say hi and sometimes run a few rounds. New qualifications are, I believe, 50 rounds and renewals are 20 or 25. I think under 4" is from 35' and 4"+ at 45'. The range also hosts the Ccw classes as well as A few other places in town I believe.
My good cause was originally an elaborate form of living in a rural area with limited cell coverage and access to law enforcement. Each renewal I get shorter and shorter with the same basic primice. I know a few others that have been approved and for the most part I think self defense and maybe something spicific to your case is good to go. It has been a few years sense I did the original "interview" and assuming it hasn't changed much it was compleatly painless, aside from having to be interviewed to exercise a right. I got the feeling he was feeling me out on my familiarity with guns and once he was comfortable with that the process of going over my application was more of a chit chat I felt. On my last renewal I added the first gun that had been bought through single shot exemption and also had some minor mods and a laser, none of them were even mentiond as being an issue, the gun check is mostly to confirm serial number I believe.
If you are hesitant to apply because of the process but are reasonably capable with a gun and don't have any major flaws on your record or anything else to disqualify you go ahead and do it, be honest on the application and relax and be upfront at the interview and more than likley you will wonder what you were so worried about, I know I did.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:03 AM

^This was basically my experience also. I was a little worried when I filled out the app. because I was asked to list any run ins with the law (can't remember how it was actually worded). I did have one when I was 18, which I listed in detail however it didn't pose a problem and I was approved. I believe I was 34 when I initially applied, used AJ Maveety as instructor. He also does other training classes, and is/was a cerified Utah ccw instructor for those who do a lot of traveling.

Last edited by Twistedsteel; 10-05-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Old 12-06-2015, 2:50 PM

The renewal process seems to be running pretty efficiently in Humboldt at the present time, mine recently took only eight days from dropping off the paperwork (same day as completing the renewal course and quals) to receiving the approval letter in the mail, which says to come in and pick up the new permit. Not bad at all.

The qualification details vary some among the local instructors, about the only constant is the requirement of 50 rounds for first applications and 25 for renewals. Old West is pretty much freestyle firing all the rounds at a static distance as described a couple of posts above. I haven't seen A.J.'s routine in a few years but at that time it was a bit more involved with multiple distances and some strong hand/weak hand elements. Mike Lee perhaps has the most rigorous local quals at present and is one of the few working from the holster, my personal belief is that more training is better so I've gravitated to him for renewals these last couple of times (in addition to various out of town opportunities well above and beyond what is required).

About the only thing that would make me happier would be a permit that actually fits in my wallet and isn't rice paper... I'll even (grudgingly) live with the three gun limit since it has probably saved me a bunch of money over the years
Old 04-08-2019, 10:40 AM

Default online system and plastic card?

So it looks like sometime in the last 2 years HCSO has moved to an online permitting and renewal system and is now issuing hard plastic cards instead of paper!

Anyone have any experience with the online system? I'm particularly curious about what they'll accept as proof of address as the first page of the site only lists a few types of bills and most of my bills are paid automatically and electronically these days without me receiving a paper bill in the mail.
Old 04-08-2019, 4:35 PM

Location: Up in the hills, above the beach in the foggy redwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by B yond View Post
So it looks like sometime in the last 2 years HCSO has moved to an online permitting and renewal system and is now issuing hard plastic cards instead of paper!

Anyone have any experience with the online system? I'm particularly curious about what they'll accept as proof of address as the first page of the site only lists a few types of bills and most of my bills are paid automatically and electronically these days without me receiving a paper bill in the mail.
Having had my HCSO CCW License for a couple of decades now, I can tell you that the HCSO went electronic last March 2018 when I last renewed. That is when they also went to issuing the Plastic ID Cards. When you submit your electronic application, you can attach scanned images then, and pay your fees via a Credit Card.

here is the HCSO website for applications/ renewals of a CCW License...

https://humboldtgov.org/342/Concealed-Weapons-Permit

They still do allow paper applications at the front desk, but as I was told they take longer, since one of the office staff has to input the info into their computer.

I used my PG&E Bill, Voters ID paperwork, California DL (with a PO Box Address) when I electronically submitted my last renewal.

You can go to the PG&E Main Office on Myrtle Ave in Eureka, Ca and get a printout to show proof of service address. The same with other utilities such as Suddenlink for Cable TV or such, so you can get paperwork for proof of service address. Do you have city water service? Registered to Vote? Those would work also...

Call the main HCSO Office number (707)445-7251 and they have an option to push a number for CCW License questions/ information.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 05-21-2019, 1:59 PM

6-9 weeks current estimated processing time.
Old 03-03-2020, 9:18 PM

Well it is once again time for me to do the 2 year CCW License renewal here in Humboldt County. We have to wait until approximately 60 days before the expiration date of our current license, before we can apply for a renewal with the HCSO.

Here are the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office website links for a CCW License.

https://humboldtgov.org/Faq.aspx?QID=547

For my renewal no references, employer information, psych eval, or other non-essential jump thru the hoops we just want to know information (as I have read about in other California County CCW License info threads) was requested/ required by the HCSO.

Once again I did the electronic form submission, attached the required documents, and paid my fees. The renewal fees have gone up from $77.00 dollars in 2018, to now in 2020 at $99.00 dollars and credit card processing fees for a total amount of $102.70 dollars.

My range requalification and training costs were $70.00 dollars since I supplied my own ammunition, and I did it on last Friday 2-28-2020.

That makes a total cost of $172.70 dollars for the entire process.

We are still limited to three weapons on our CCW License.

This being my 10th renewal, it should not take too long before I get called to come down to the main office to get my new CCW License issued by the HCSO.

I will post an update when I am contacted by the HCSO to come and pick up my latest CCW License.

Last edited by Humboldt Leatherneck; 03-03-2020 at 9:23 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 11:13 PM

The sheriff has suspended CCW processing during the declared emergency as it’s not an “essential service”.
Old 03-21-2020, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3B830 View Post
The sheriff has suspended CCW processing during the declared emergency as it’s not an “essential service”.
Renewals too?

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW
Old 03-23-2020, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterX View Post
Renewals too?
I am not sure about those renewal applications that are "in the system", since I had electronically submitted mine on March 3rd.

All that I have seen or heard was the HCSO generic press release a few days ago. No official word from the HCSO via email or text - unlike my receiving confirmation from the HCSO using both methods when I had submitted my electronic renewal.

I will patiently wait to make an inquiry around the end of April, before my current CCW License expires.
Old 04-17-2020, 2:21 PM

Well Humboldt County Sheriff Honsal has granted an extension of HCSO issued CCW Licenses until the end of October 2020, but the extension is only valid in Humboldt County.

Here is a link to the press release on one of the local media outlets, but look at the SJW snowflake comments below the press release!

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/ap...-through-octo/

Sheriff’s Office Sez: Your Concealed Carry Weapons Permit is Now Automatically Extended Until the End of October, and Also It’s OK to Wear Masks While Carrying Now

On Thursday, April 16, Sheriff William Honsal implemented emergency CCW extensions for permits expiring in 2020. Permits set to expire this year will have their validity extended to October 31, 2020. These extensions are only valid in Humboldt County.

But no official posting of that info yet, on the HCSO web site...

https://humboldtgov.org/187/Sheriffs-Office

Another local news site posted the decision by Sheriff Honsal, and at least the commenters there are not rabid SJW anti-gun folks...

https://kymkemp.com/2020/04/17/ccw-p...rough-october/

Last edited by Humboldt Leatherneck; 04-17-2020 at 2:36 PM.. Reason: added additional link
Old 06-12-2020, 4:52 PM

Well yesterday I received an email, text, and phone call from the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office that my submitted in early March 2020 CCW License renewal had finally been approved in their huge pile of backlogged applications.

They had set up an appointment for me this morning at the HCSO main office in Eureka, and I signed the form, gave a thumb print, and walked out of the office with my latest CCW License in less than 10 minutes. It took longer for me to empty my pockets, remove my belt, and go thru the security metal detector with the guards checking my name off on a list in order to enter the County Courthouse.

I did not have to have a new photo taken since they used the same one from 2 years ago, along with no new fingerprint livescan either for my most recent HCSO issued CCW License renewal.
Old 06-13-2020, 5:20 PM

Hey all,
I’m new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how long it generally takes to process ccws after the interview. I had my interview last week. Now I’m curious about what happens next and not sure how long I should expect to wait. I didn’t have my picture taken, but the online app had me upload one, so I’m assuming that’s the photo they will use.

Last edited by tleek; 06-13-2020 at 5:54 PM..
Old 06-15-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleek View Post
Hey all,
I’m new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how long it generally takes to process ccws after the interview. I had my interview last week. Now I’m curious about what happens next and not sure how long I should expect to wait. I didn’t have my picture taken, but the online app had me upload one, so I’m assuming that’s the photo they will use.
You are inquiring about Humboldt County? Have you been fingerprinted/ live scanned? Was your interview in person, or over the phone? Have you done the 8 hours of training for new applicants, and qualified with your listed weapons at the range?

With the Corona Virus and the HCSO declared that the CCW License processing as non-essential services until recently things are in flux right now, as far as the HCSO processing time for CCW Licenses both new and renewals.

Yet based on years past, and this old HCSO info card from 2005 - they have up to 90 days to approve or deny your application.

Old 06-15-2020, 1:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I am always carrying valuable property. My life, my liberty, my personal property, and my freedom are carried everywhere I go.

What is more valuable than your own life?

That should be more than sufficient.

JMHO

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Old 06-15-2020, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt Leatherneck View Post
You are inquiring about Humboldt County? Have you been fingerprinted/ live scanned? Was your interview in person, or over the phone? Have you done the 8 hours of training for new applicants, and qualified with your listed weapons at the range?

With the Corona Virus and the HCSO declared that the CCW License processing as non-essential services until recently things are in flux right now, as far as the HCSO processing time for CCW Licenses both new and renewals.

Yet based on years past, and this old HCSO info card from 2005 - they have up to 90 days to approve or deny your application.

Ya humboldt county. I took the class, qualified, applied and scheduled an interview online. I think there was a mistake and I shouldn’t have been able to register for an apt online, so my slot was double booked but they took me anyway. I did the livescan and had the in person interview. The deputy said id receive an email when it was processed. Just don’t know how long that usually takes.

Anyway, looks like they are processing applications and holding interviews again.

Thanks!

Last edited by tleek; 06-15-2020 at 9:42 PM..
Old 12-15-2020, 11:24 PM

Default Humboldt

Do you have to sit through classes again for renewal? Like the ones required for the new permit before? Or do you just pay the certified instructor to sign off on your target and verify serial numbers etc? Does anyone know if WildWest will be opening back up?
Old 12-16-2020, 11:03 AM

Wild west is closed for good. Ballistic Precision (RMI Outdoors) and Pacific Outfitters have the CCW classes. Renewal should be a "quick" refresher, range, paperwork and wait around for the call to get your new card at the Sheriff's office. Double check on the Sheriff's website how their going about things since the change in Covid tier levels.
Old 12-18-2020, 7:24 PM

Wild West Shootery in Eureka on 5th street at the "S" curve is no more...

Look at the HCSO web page about CCW to see what trainers are qualified for your range time and paperwork. Below is the HCSO link, for the list of approved trainers in Humboldt County.

The list of approved trainers has shrunk, since I did my latest (tenth renewal) HCSO CCW License renewal submission online in early March 2020, and received my current CCW license in May 2020 due to COVID delays.

For your HCSO CCW renewal, you only need to fire 25 rounds of ammunition per listed firearm, and only 4 hours of training are required.

That is as compared to 50 rounds per listed firearm, and 8 hours of instruction for your initial CCW License.

Plus as you may already know submitting applications, attached required documents, and payments are done online thru the link on the HCSO website.

edited - to add the long running previous thread on Calguns, for Humboldt County CCW Licenses.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352751

Last edited by Humboldt Leatherneck; 12-18-2020 at 7:36 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 06-22-2021, 2:58 PM

Thumbs up

A couple recent changes to note:

-The required 4-hour requalification training is really required now. I'm told some instructors were not actually doing it in the past. Plan ahead as it might take a few weeks to get into a class.

-HCSO is holding your renewal until close to your expiration date to make sure you get the most bang for your buck. Turn the application in early, but don't be surprised if you don't get the notification to pick it up until the week before your expiration. I think it's great that they're doing it this way.

-Ballistic Precision behind RMI can help you with qualification for add-ons. You do have to fill out HCSO's online application for add-ons too, and bring the weapon in for inspection when they notify you to pick up your new card.

-One of the great things about Humboldt County continues to be that HCSO is pro-2A. They have some great folks working there who are happy to answer questions and help you through the process changes.
Old 02-16-2022, 1:40 PM

Humboldt County in 2022 is now allowing up to 6 weapons on our CCW Licenses!

In preparing to once again renew my HCSO CCW License, I was talking on the phone today with the HCSO CCW Coordinator to confirm that they are now allowing up to six weapons on their CCW License. Even though they are still listing a limit of three firearms on their FAQ webpage.

https://humboldtgov.org/Faq.aspx?QID=544

So I have to go into the safe and decide which weapons I want to add when I go to qualify at Ballistic Precision in the next couple of weeks. The qualification paperwork is valid for one year, and it is recommended to electronically submit our applications at 60 days before expiration.

Here is the main webpage for the HCSO CCW process.

Old 06-21-2022, 9:12 PM

Well the HCSO has added a couple of new requirements for renewal of our CCW Licenses in 2022.

When electronically submitting our renewal application online no earlier than 30 days of it's expiration, we also have to submit a scanned copy of a recent Passport Photo. In years past the HCSO took our pictures there at the main station in Eureka.

Plus since the HCSO decreed in March 2022 that we are now allowed up to six weapons on our CCW License, so I had to work with the HCSO CCW Coordinator Deputy for an appointment time to bring in my additional newly qualified with and listed weapons in order to have their make, model, and serial numbers verified in person. After the newly listed weapons were verified, I was handed my latest CCW License there and then.

Once again we are issued a laminated card for the HCSO CCW License which is the same size as a California Drivers License...

Last edited by Humboldt Leatherneck; 06-21-2022 at 9:14 PM..
Old 03-02-2023, 9:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Decriminalize Nature: Humboldt passed a decriminalization resolution in Arcata awhile ago and is now fighting for Eureka to join them.

Natural medicines are revolutionizing psychiatry especially for treating addictions, treatment resistant depression and PTSD. SpecOp and combat vets have been greatly helped and are supporting both their use and decriminalization.

The more mentally healthy law abiding citizens we have now, the more mentally healthy law abiding CCWers we?ll have in the future (eg, able to pass the psych eval).

https://www.decriminalizenature.org/

Last edited by Paladin; 03-02-2023 at 9:22 PM..