Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
I often wonder if our threads here are being watched. When we start hashing things out, they may be looking for exactly what to include in future regulations.

Anyone else has that feeling?
I feel like that when people make videos demonstrating how much faster they can perform mag changes with the latest and greatest compliant gizmo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2018, 1:41 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I said then and say now that the clear way to solve some issues with 857 for us home builders is to volreg and take advantage of an exemption they call out for guns that appear in a centralized registry.
Solve some issues???

The main issue IS registration. Registering does NOT solve it!
Old 03-02-2018, 1:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
I often wonder if our threads here are being watched. When we start hashing things out, they may be looking for exactly what to include in future regulations.
Anyone else has that feeling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelonehorseman View Post
Yep, all the time.
calguns cop.jpg
Old 03-02-2018, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Max View Post
That still shouldn't stop CRPA from challenging the law itself. It's a pretty clear 4th amendment violation in my opinion. It's literally forcing citizens to report to the government what's happening inside their homes! My 80% builds have never left my private property (I'm fortunate enough to have private property to shoot on)
Exactly this is a 4A & 5A violation because it would force ppl to incriminate themselves (ie if criminals actually registered 80's) Same difference w/filig taxes, youre only required to file a return because again if everyone had to report income way we told to believe then criminals would have to report their income too!
Old 03-02-2018, 2:41 PM
Calguns Addict

I have an unserialized 18 shot semi automatic rifle in my possession. I've had it since 1968. Are they going to want me to scratch on a serial number and register my Marlin 22?
Old 03-02-2018, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfire View Post
This law is in direct conflict with ATF rules and the previous California law. As worded, It seems to be a defacto registration to firearms made before 2014.( when registration wasn't necessary. Their need s to be an exemption to any firearm built before 01/01/2014. Otherwise they could interpret the law to apply to any firearm that isn't currently registered and in their system. This is just a money and power grab by the DOJ. Im t sure if anyone is currently challenging this, but they better get on it before it is set in stone.
Go ahead and point that out to them, and then they will say "yes, we SHOULD know about EVERY firearm in the state....lets have everybody register EVERYTHING."

Every politician and leftist will agree with them and make it happen
Old 03-02-2018, 2:49 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
I have an unserialized 18 shot semi automatic rifle in my possession. I've had it since 1968. Are they going to want me to scratch on a serial number and register my Marlin 22?
1968 and earlier is exempt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 03-02-2018, 3:02 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
1968 and earlier is exempt.
That's good to hear because in the first draft they weren't exempt. I have a 1897 rolling block Remington that there is no way I'll deface.
Old 03-02-2018, 3:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ctionNum=29181.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29181
(b) A firearm made or assembled prior to December 16, 1968, that is not a handgun.
But now that you said it, that'll be the next thing on their list
Old 03-02-2018, 3:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ctionNum=29181.

But now that you said it, that'll be the next thing on their list
I think it's pretty safe to say that everything has been on the list since the dems have been in power in California.
Old 03-02-2018, 3:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Yep, they are going after ALL semi autos with detachable magazines now.

The meme with the Ruger mini 14 next to an AR-15 stating that they are the SAME rifle got that taken care of!
Old 03-02-2018, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
Yep, they are going after ALL semi autos with detachable magazines now.
If they managed to pass the bill to ban all semi-auto with detachable mags, I wonder how they want them registered? We had RAW, now BBRAW, so all featureless will need to be registered as FLRAW? And probably fixed-mag-raw when they ban all semi-auto down the line. All are bad but I guess FLRAW is the slightly better option across those three (BBRAW, FLRAW, FMRAW)? And if they have proof that your rifle/pistol is already a fix-mag, you'll probably loose the opportunity to register it as featureless-RAW? This is madness. We need a lawsuit and we need to win it.
Old 03-02-2018, 3:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Once they have all the BBRAW, FLRAW, & FMRAW registered they will come for them!
Old 03-02-2018, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Once they have all the BBRAW, FLRAW, & FMRAW registered they will come for them!
It certainly makes it more acceptable to the general bonehead public. Well these are clearly registered "weapons of war", the idiots that vote in this state will see that as acceptable confiscation. You still have your 2nd amendment rights after all to possess a shotgun.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 03-02-2018, 4:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlist View Post
If they managed to pass the bill to ban all semi-auto with detachable mags, I wonder how they want them registered? We had RAW, now BBRAW, so all featureless will need to be registered as FLRAW? And probably fixed-mag-raw when they ban all semi-auto down the line. All are bad but I guess FLRAW is the slightly better option across those three (BBRAW, FLRAW, FMRAW)? And if they have proof that your rifle/pistol is already a fix-mag, you'll probably loose the opportunity to register it as featureless-RAW? This is madness. We need a lawsuit and we need to win it.
Quote:
And then we'll be saying FML

Last edited by ajb78; 03-02-2018 at 4:04 PM..
Old 03-02-2018, 5:52 PM

Well then you go fixed,when that ends lube well and wrap and stash till needed. I really wish the usa would invade this place..

'I have so many good karma points I am approaching Saint Hood'

"They tell you of a laundry detergent that takes out bloodstains- I'm thinking that if you have clothes covered in bloodstains-maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem"

[SIGPIC]http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic27069_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 03-02-2018, 5:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledReaper View Post
Well then you go fixed,when that ends lube well and wrap and stash till needed. I really wish the usa would invade this place..
http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/cosmoline-for-firearms/
Old 03-20-2018, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyfarm View Post
They are here: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1517438166

Spoiler alert - All self serialized 80% lower builds need to be registered.

Please read the whole thing but here is a clear excerpt:

5509. Persons Affected by These Regulations.
Subdivision (a) clarifies that these regulations apply to an individual who owns a self- manufactured or self-assembled firearm as of July 1, 2018. This subdivision is necessary because it states who is being regulated. The Department seeks to record the existence of all self- manufactured or self-assembled firearms that currently exist in the state of California. This subdivision is necessary to indicate the Department’s intent to the public of its objective to record all self-manufactured or self-assembled firearms in California.”

So whats the story on the hearing? Did anyone attend? When does this rule change kick in? I mean this is CA nothing is going to stop them from making regs outside of legislature not that it matters bc legislature is violating 2A 24/7/365.
Old 03-21-2018, 2:36 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Egregious overreach of the regs compared to text of the law. For those who have not read to the very end of the DOJ reg submission package, here is a gem for you. Per DOJ, these regs will not have any economic impact on businesses or individuals. How they can say that with a straight face we don't know. SMH

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1517438166

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DOJ Impact Stmt.jpg (108.8 KB, 747 views)

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Phone: (949)-354-ARMS [2767]
Email: sales@80percentarms.com
Old 03-21-2018, 3:03 PM
Vendor/Retailer

How about "ALL OF THE ABOVE"
Old 03-25-2018, 2:36 PM

Does anyone know if you get a letter back in the mail when you VOLREG like when you register a BB AW?
Old 03-27-2018, 5:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...un-regulations

Quote:
California: NRA and CRPA Attorneys Submit Comments on Proposed DOJ “Ghost Gun” Regulations
TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2018 California: NRA and CRPA Attorneys Submit Comments on Proposed DOJ “Ghost Gun” Regulations
On March 19, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) held its planned public hearing regarding proposed regulations for the implementation of Assembly Bill 857 (the so-called “ghost gun” bill). Signed into law in 2016 as part of the other “Gunmageddon” bills, AB 857 will drastically change the way in which law-abiding individuals can make home-built firearms by first requiring them to apply for and receive a DOJ-approved serial number that must then be engraved onto the firearm. What’s more, individuals who already lawfully own firearms without a serial number will also be required to obtain and engrave a DOJ-approved serial number for most firearms not already registered with DOJ.

As with most of the recently enacted changes to California’s firearm laws, the legislature left it to DOJ to enact necessary regulations for AB 857’s implementation. Unfortunately, the proposed regulations for AB 857 are riddled with serious errors and inconsistencies that, if enacted, would impose confusing and onerous requirements on California gun owners. In short, they fail to provide adequate guidance, fail to appropriately define certain terms, improperly narrow statutory exceptions, and impose unjustified costs on gun owners.

In response, NRA and CRPA attorneys submitted a letter of comment highlighting the many problems with the proposed regulations. But the proposed regulations are so defective that should DOJ make any changes, they will likely be substantial enough to warrant a second 45-day public comment period. This would mean DOJ would be unlikely to meet the July 1, 2018, deadline when the law takes effect.

At this time, it remains to be seen if DOJ will be making any changes as a result of NRA and CRPA’s comments. But rest assured, NRA and CRPA are monitoring the proposal and will notify our members of any developments.

NRA and CRPA will soon host a webinar regarding the recent changes to California law as a result of AB 857 and DOJ’s regulations if they are enacted.

Continue to check your inbox and the California Stand and Fight web page for updates on issues impacting your Second Amendment rights and hunting heritage in California.
Old 03-28-2018, 6:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyralius View Post
Does anyone know if you get a letter back in the mail when you VOLREG like when you register a BB AW?

Yes you do get a letter in mail confirming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2018, 7:44 AM

Quote:
For volreg you can register just the receiver. No need for it to be functioning.
I know most of the comments are in regards to AR receivers but does this apply to handguns too? For example, if someone home builds a P320 FCU from an 80% and has it engraved, can they VolReg to be AB857 compliant just the FCU as "Frame only" since that is the firearm and then build it to a functioning handgun at a later date?
Old 04-19-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razmataz View Post
I know most of the comments are in regards to AR receivers but does this apply to handguns too? For example, if someone home builds a P320 FCU from an 80% and has it engraved, can they VolReg to be AB857 compliant just the FCU as "Frame only" since that is the firearm and then build it to a functioning handgun at a later date?

As long as it’s built to be single shot most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-19-2018, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfreshdope View Post
As long as it’s built to be single shot most likely.
If it was a fully functioning handgun, I understand it needs to be single shot or bolt action and most likely it can be VolReg. However, can it just be the FCU receiver/frame insert that is engraved and be VolReg as "frame only" as previously commented by Disco. Would like to be ab857 compliant but not purchase the other parts (barrel, slide, inlander kit, etc) if I dont need to. Thank you.
Old 04-19-2018, 4:40 PM

Hey guys, im late to the party. I have a 80% which I milled and completed a long time ago. I was gonna get serialized this weekend at the 80% arms place. but now i found this thread and im confused. Do I still have to register it after I get it serialized ?
Old 04-19-2018, 4:58 PM

Default DOJ Releases AB-857 Ghost Gun Regs

Quote:
If it was a fully functioning handgun, I understand it needs to be single shot or bolt action and most likely it can be VolReg. However, can it just be the FCU receiver/frame insert that is engraved and be VolReg as "frame only" as previously commented by Disco. Would like to be ab857 compliant but not purchase the other parts (barrel, slide, inlander kit, etc) if I dont need to. Thank you.

I would VolReg it as what you intend the completed receiver to be. I can take the upper off my AR pistol and even strip the lower, it is still registered as a pistol and is still a pistol despite it not being assembled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-19-2018, 7:33 PM

It depends on the person at DOJ handling your paperwork. Some are requesting pictures in single shot configuration, some dont. They will be requiring pictures for all builds once the provisions of AB857 kicks in.

CA Legal 80% Handgun Build Compliance Kits
Polymer80 50cal Beowulf Magazines (10 Round California Legal)
Compatible with: Glockstore SS80 (Glock 43), Glock 17 (PF940v1 + v2), Glock 19 (PF940C), Timberwolf Frames, Sig P320, and more! Email us for details info@inlanderarms.com
Old 04-19-2018, 8:20 PM
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor

I submitted my pistols on 3-25. Still showing in Progress. Pics were in final configuration so we will see. I think that is the most honest I could make it. I can always take pictures of them in SS configuration.
Old 04-19-2018, 8:27 PM

Quote:
I submitted my pistols on 3-25. Still showing in Progress. Pics were in final configuration so we will see. I think that is the most honest I could make it. I can always take pictures of them in SS configuration.

Submitted my VolReg on 2/13 still nothing only in Progress. RAW my Tavor on 1/19 got confirmation on 1/25 and letter on of approval on 2/6 in the mail. Not sure if they are flooded with RAW is the hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2018, 8:36 PM

I can't understand why someone with a completed "80% lower" would register it with the state. I thought the whole point of these lowers was to keep them out of sight and out of mind. Every person I've met that has finished a lower has no intention to register it.
Old 04-19-2018, 9:09 PM
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Shackleferd View Post
I can't understand why someone with a completed "80% lower" would register it with the state. I thought the whole point of these lowers was to keep them out of sight and out of mind. Every person I've met that has finished a lower has no intention to register it.
Mine are all over the interwebs...
Plus, for me it was never about them not knowing. I don't like it, but those are not the only things they would know about.
For me it was the inability to purchase 100% frames. If they didn't have the Roster, and other Gun-Control, we wouldn't be talking about 80% anything.

Last edited by MosinVirus; 04-19-2018 at 9:11 PM..
Old 04-19-2018, 9:37 PM

by voluntarily complying when you can avoid it your are only expediting your own demise when they come for that alleged gun and swear they thought you were drawing a gun and they feared for their lives. Many of the agents coming for these guns will not have proper law enforcement training but they will feel like God because they have a 10 cent badge. Assemble your anonymous lowers keep the uppers separate and if the day ever comes you need them after your "registered" weapons were taken then you will have accomplished your goal. think smart and do not panic. someone will say I am preaching violating the law but if the law is illegal or wrong in your eyes why live under tyrants. we each make our own private decisions and chose when enough is enough. But do not believe this government in california has your or your families best interests at heart. Taxes and slavery are the goals.

Last edited by big red; 04-19-2018 at 9:42 PM..
Old 04-19-2018, 9:49 PM
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red View Post
by voluntarily complying when you can avoid it your are only expediting your own demise when they come for that alleged gun and swear they thought you were drawing a gun and they feared for their lives. Many of the agents coming for these guns will not have proper law enforcement training but they will feel like God because they have a 10 cent badge. Assemble your anonymous lowers keep the uppers separate and if the day ever comes you need them after your "registered" weapons were taken then you will have accomplished your goal. think smart and do not panic. someone will say I am preaching violating the law but if the law is illegal or wrong in your eyes why live under tyrants. we each make our own private decisions and chose when enough is enough. But do not believe this government in california has your or your families best interests at heart. Taxes and slavery are the goals.
Well said.
Old 04-19-2018, 9:57 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You can register it as a pistol : semi auto : frame only. No need to go the single shot route if it's just a frame. You then would have the ability to build it into a bolt action or single shot in the future.
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 04-19-2018, 10:01 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by customiiguy View Post
Hey guys, im late to the party. I have a 80% which I milled and completed a long time ago. I was gonna get serialized this weekend at the 80% arms place. but now i found this thread and im confused. Do I still have to register it after I get it serialized ?
If you wait until July 1st 2018 then you will have to submit to their serialization process and their serial number. You will also have to do it fairly quickly after the July 1st date, no waiting around.

Until then, volreg it with your own serial number and be exempted from the AB857 requirements.

Those are the two choices, you cannot have a completed firearm (receiver) without a serial number appearing in a centralized registry. It's a misdemeanor for a rifle and a felony for a pistol.

You can keep as many uncompleted 80% lowers as you like, they are not firearms and not regulated and the same as a block of aluminum or a phone shaped like a football or a roll of toilet paper.
Quote:

Old 04-20-2018, 6:20 AM

Quote:
You can register it as a pistol : semi auto : frame only. No need to go the single shot route if it's just a frame. You then would have the ability to build it into a bolt action or single shot in the future.
Thank you for the response, I just wanted to confirm before trying to Volreg it...worst case I just keep it as an 80% and save it until I move out of CA.
Old 04-20-2018, 6:49 AM

Quote:
Based on the bold, I'm assuming the pics submitted are in semi-auto configuration? For date acquired, was it during SSE1 or during SSE2?
Old 04-20-2018, 7:35 AM
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Based on the bold, I'm assuming the pics submitted are in semi-auto configuration? For date acquired, was it during SSE1 or during SSE2?
Some were during SSE2. If they want to see them in compliant configuration I can do that too.

Last edited by MosinVirus; 04-20-2018 at 7:41 AM..